C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Limited Slip Differential for C32/C55 by AMG Manufaktur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Ever try to take an AMG car to the track? Ever try to go have fun behind the wheel of a car with power... when it has ESP and a less than agressive LSD? It is like trying to cut your lawn with sheers...it might get the job done but there is a far better way to do the job.

All in all the oem and amg set-up does not "cut the cheese".
There is probably a good reason why there is no serious racing class devoted to AMG cars. I think 1 LeMans endurance race is enough. Pretty slow on track ..... stable on the freeway.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:32 AM
Banned

Not sure where you are coming from or to where you are going here Miroj. I don't see your point and an LSD will not turn a car into a death trap. My gosh is an M3 a death trap? Is the 996 a death trap?

Either we are driving different sports cars or one of us does not know how to drive.

I would have to agree with Zepp here... your turn off esp and you are asking for your own trouble. I don't want a car geared towards being a safe vehicle at the cost of pleasure. I think MB does the far to often and this is why BMW has the beat in the area of performance. Funny thing is... the M3 is very simple to drive....hard to get all bent out of shape in an M3 or M5.
You couldnt get the 996 out of shape ? Lets not try, most of my friends in that class of ownership seem to have trouble with single and twin turbo variants.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Got a 996 in the driveway....most simple car to drive I have seen to date. If I could get that car bent out of shape in the dry I would give myself a cookie.
Agree, the standard variety 996 is a bore. We have one also, and it is not exciting on the street at all. Now, the GT3 or GT2 is a different beast. The TT is also a bore IMHO.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by miroj
There is probably a good reason why there is no serious racing class devoted to AMG cars. I think 1 LeMans endurance race is enough. Pretty slow on track ..... stable on the freeway.
Well, I think you are missing some here. The biggest that I can think of is DTM! Team AMG does very well in AMG, and has for MANY years.

The reason that no one in the US races MBZ's competitively is really twofold:
1. Lack of Factory support to overcome sizeable development budget
2. Lack of Grassroots support for MB Motorsports

We have worked a little bit on a MB World Challenge program, and the two above reasons really killed the car.

No offense, but both of your posts here have really come across like you are asserting fact, when you are in truth stating opinion, and even that is opinion based FAR from fact.

We all appreciate your input, but you may try to ask more and try to contribute in a way that won't lead people to (a) attack you as they call out your posts, (b) beleive what you are saying as they don't know any better and you sould authoritative.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Founder

You couldnt get the 996 out of shape ? Lets not try, most of my friends in that class of ownership seem to have trouble with single and twin turbo variants.
If you know anybody that has trouble driving a 996TT - take their license away NOW. That car is a fast Lexus. It is about as far from a sporst car as Porsche has ever gone. My grandma can drive that car flat out after drinking her fifth of Early Times - SERIOUSLY!

The car is NOT hard to drive, in fact, it is a total bore unless you like to go straight and mash the pedal. Even that is a bore, as it does that well, but with no real excitement. X50 package - different story. GT3/GT2 - different story. 993TT - different story. 80's 911Turbo - VERY different story!

Thanks

Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Well, I think you are missing some here. The biggest that I can think of is DTM! Team AMG does very well in AMG, and has for MANY years.

The reason that no one in the US races MBZ's competitively is really twofold:
1. Lack of Factory support to overcome sizeable development budget
2. Lack of Grassroots support for MB Motorsports
3. Mass market car
Old 01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Founder

Not sure I understand that one. What is your explanation, maybe I am missing something.

The M3, S4, 996, RSX-S, CTS-V, etc. is a mass-market car, and there is no issue racing it.

Now I am just confused.

thanks,
Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Banned

Not sure I understand that one. What is your explanation, maybe I am missing something.

The M3, S4, 996, RSX-S, CTS-V, etc. is a mass-market car, and there is no issue racing it.

Now I am just confused.

thanks,
Brad
I dont know if I can cure the confusion but a guy walks into a Porsche dealership and buys the car of his dreams. Some variant of a GT2. So he takes it for a spin on the freeway and half way into a corner he backs off and finds the car has massive understeer. The next day he takes it back into the dealership and the reply is "its a racing car and that is what it does"

Now combined with its brutal power and turbo punch I fail to see what it has in common with a C55. By comparison the Benz is playing elevator music.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Founder

I dont know if I can cure the confusion but a guy walks into a Porsche dealership and buys the car of his dreams. Some variant of a GT2. So he takes it for a spin on the freeway and half way into a corner he backs off and finds the car has massive understeer. The next day he takes it back into the dealership and the reply is "its a racing car and that is what it does"

Now combined with its brutal power and turbo punch I fail to see what it has in common with a C55. By comparison the Benz is playing elevator music.
First of all - racecars do NOT understeer. That is NOT a function of the diff, it is a function of lawyers making the cars safer to drive so soccer mom's don't hit offramp freeway barriers.

As it seems you have not driver a 996TT or GT2, I cannot help you understand.

First, the question was how a mass-marketed car prevented it from being raced. Still confused on that. Please clarify.

Second, no one compares or has compared a GT2 to a C55. The comparison was a 996, which the C55 will run with ANY DAY. I can also tell you that a C32/C55 with 400RWHP has the same punch as the 996TT.

Again, it is helpful to keep facts straight, not make assumptions and not assert opinion as fact, especially when that opinion is based on speculation and sketch logic. Makes the board a better place.

thanks,
Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

First of all - racecars do NOT understeer. That is NOT a function of the diff, it is a function of lawyers making the cars safer to drive so soccer mom's don't hit offramp freeway barriers.

As it seems you have not driver a 996TT or GT2, I cannot help you understand.

First, the question was how a mass-marketed car prevented it from being raced. Still confused on that. Please clarify.

Second, no one compares or has compared a GT2 to a C55. The comparison was a 996, which the C55 will run with ANY DAY. I can also tell you that a C32/C55 with 400RWHP has the same punch as the 996TT.

Again, it is helpful to keep facts straight, not make assumptions and not assert opinion as fact, especially when that opinion is based on speculation and sketch logic. Makes the board a better place.

thanks,
Brad
If you insist on telling me that everything I post never happened then there is no point in posting futher.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Founder

If you insist on telling me that everything I post never happened then there is no point in posting futher.
LOL. Either that or at least answer the specific questions that are asked, or speak of things that happened to YOU first hand.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

LOL. Either that or at least answer the specific questions that are asked, or speak of things that happened to YOU first hand.

Thanks,
Brad
What kind of egalitarian rubbish is this. The truth doesnt fade across arms length. You sir are a snob.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you gentlemen for making this a thread with 111 replies and 4226+ views.

Ever wonder why I never replied to the AMG LSD questions? Because I know thread like this will be getting out of hand. And someone suggested to start another new thread and discuss elsewhere? Why is that never happened?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by Harris
Thank you gentlemen for making this a thread with 111 replies and 4226+ views.

Ever wonder why I never replied to the AMG LSD questions? Because I know thread like this will be getting out of hand. And someone suggested to start another new thread and discuss elsewhere? Why is that never happened?
Actually we did start a new thread(well brought up an old one) and here it is:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...097#post984097
Old 01-12-2005, 07:26 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
What kind of egalitarian rubbish is this. The truth doesnt fade across arms length. You sir are a snob.
i am sorry sir but with all due respect your automotive credibility isn't the greatest. you once said: "headers = intake" and that "camshafts = under the engine covers above the pistons". you then proceeded to say: "First rule of paying for mods. If you dont know where it is on your car you are best off not touching it. Some people like to take advantage in that situation."

please respect otoupalik. we all know he is very knowledgable. your posts have shown otherwise when talking about simple engine modifications, so i would trust otoupalik more on the whole differential facts.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
i am sorry sir but with all due respect your automotive credibility isn't the greatest. you once said: "headers = intake" and that "camshafts = under the engine covers above the pistons". you then proceeded to say: "First rule of paying for mods. If you dont know where it is on your car you are best off not touching it. Some people like to take advantage in that situation."

please respect otoupalik. we all know he is very knowledgable. your posts have shown otherwise when talking about simple engine modifications, so i would trust otoupalik more on the whole differential facts.
At least I dont waste my time reading what you write.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 PM

'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
Norm,
I will keep you posted. I know currently when I turn ESP off and hammer the pedal, the car just sits and spins like crazy. I have been told that this should not be the case by having the AMG LSD. This will be one of first tests.
I look forward to going back to the track in March once I have it installed and see how my 1/4 time improves.
As interjected by Harris, holy crap did this thread digress ...

Back on topic ... 04E55 AMG, so? What are the results? thoughts? likes? dis-likes? Please come back.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:55 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by c55m8o
As interjected by Harris, holy crap did this thread digress ...

Back on topic ... 04E55 AMG, so? What are the results? thoughts? likes? dis-likes? Please come back.
Went with the Kleemann LSD and will be going to the track tomorrow so I will report back this weekend. Since I have been to the track before LSD I will have a good baseline to compare my results. My best 0-60 time was 1.81 without LSD.

Just from driving around town I see a big improvement in traction with my ESP light not flashing all the time. With all that extra power my car is putting down my traction light came on all the time even with ESP on.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:20 PM

'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Went with the Kleemann LSD ...
...oh... But I thought .... didn't you buy ... weren't you installing ...
Old 06-16-2005, 05:13 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by c55m8o
...oh... But I thought .... didn't you buy ... weren't you installing ...

You thought correctly and I did pay for the OEM AMG LSD. Had some issues getting the AMG LSD from Germany. My contact is still trying to get me one, but in the interim I needed something to help with all this power so I sent my diff to Cory and he installed the LSD and shipped it back to my dealer. I am very pleased so far with the Kleemann LSD and if I get the AMG LSD I will also try that one out.

The Kleemann LSD has a 60% lock-up versus the 30% of AMG. With 580HP and 630 TQ you need all the help you can get

Hope to get my 1/4 mile time into the 11.6/11.7 range in my family sedan
Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Hope to get my 1/4 mile time into the 11.6/11.7 range in my family sedan
thnx for the explaination!

I'll bee keeping an eye on your "fastest 1/4 time" sig...
Looks like I gotta supercharge to stay in da game! :p
Old 06-17-2005, 04:21 AM

Is there anyway we can get a group-buy going for those who want LSD for the C32?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
E63s s213 2019 ,SOLD E63 Weistec, E55, C36
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3504420030...#ht_500wt_1413
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Doesn't appear that this will work with a C32 or C55...
Old 05-31-2024, 12:26 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by Harris
I am proud to announce that Limited Slip Differiential (30%) for the C32/C55 will be available from our company in the spring of 2005. It is the LSD made by AMG Unique Manufacturing and will be available in very limited quantity. The LSD will turn your car into a totally different machine, no matter its a 32 or 55. What could be better than to get a LSD developed and made by AMG directly?

Also available is the totally redesigned AMG Nurburgring Suspension for the C55/C32. Other goodies include AMG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Carbon Fiber interior trimming and AMG F1 steering wheel in Carbon Fiber.

We are the ONLY vendor in the entire North America who can obtain these very special hard to find parts. For ordering information, please contact me directly.
can you please send me your email so i can contact you about this. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Limited Slip Differential for C32/C55 by AMG Manufaktur