C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

For NitrogenBalance... Pics of Stiegemeier porting job on HPS Gen1 (Eaton MP90)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
For NitrogenBalance... Pics of Stiegemeier porting job on HPS Gen1 (Eaton MP90)

Finally got around to getting some pics of the port job Stiegemeier did on my blower. Sorry some of the pic are kinda blurry. It was real hard to get pics thru the inlet opening into the blower without glare or being too dark. Total price was 525.25 which included shipping to the west coast. I also took some time to port match the inlet and outlet tubes to the blower and to radius the sharp edges but I didn't have time to get pics of that yet. I'm hoping all this work should be good for at least 20HP and hopefully will lower the air temps a bit as well.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 Yugo
nice,those guys do some good work
Old 04-19-2007, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Originally Posted by cicbenz
nice,those guys do some good work
OT but I don't think you will have much problem running a 50 shot of NOS.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 AM

99 C43 AMG
Great job, Nitro. Can't wait to hear about the gains! How's your tranny holding up to all this extra HP?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM

1973 Yugo
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
OT but I don't think you will have much problem running a 50 shot of NOS.
You think ?
my problem is idk how strong the engine is but NOS is cheaper than boost but I think i'll be safe since I know there is lancer running around on a 70 shot
Old 04-19-2007, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Originally Posted by Lensolo
Great job, Nitro. Can't wait to hear about the gains! How's your tranny holding up to all this extra HP?

Just to clear things up this is not Nitros supercharger it is mine. I simply posted his name because he was interested in seeing pics when I got it back. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM

99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
Just to clear things up this is not Nitros supercharger it is mine. I simply posted his name because he was interested in seeing pics when I got it back. Sorry for any confusion.
In that case...
Great job, suicidal4life! Can't wait to hear about the gains! How's your tranny holding up to all this extra HP?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Thanks alot bud!

The work looks excellent. Did you have the rotors stripped? and did they do a rebuild of any sort when it was disassembled?

As far as cooling goes I would research at least a single nozzle configuration Meth/H20 mist setup pre blower. After a year of looking I still see no room for any other means of effecient cooling. The rotors will tolerate the mix also, especially if stripped. It's pretty effective and would cool the rotors, casing, and add a little boost as well as octane..which is always nice for you CA peeps. Get a system that reads off the injectors or MAF and you'll be set. Mario picked up 40hp on the wheels with the dual mist setup.

Once again, I'm jealous, and thanks for posting those! My car is back in storage and all work has halted to yet more silly NE storms and floods...
Old 04-20-2007, 02:01 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
VERY NICE. I wonder if I should do something like that. Who did the work on the West Coast? Do you have a before dyno?
Wes you need to do this mod and then header, pulley and Meth. You will be making crazy HP
Mario
Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Originally Posted by Lensolo
In that case...
Great job, suicidal4life! Can't wait to hear about the gains! How's your tranny holding up to all this extra HP?
Honestly I have had this supercharger sitting around waiting to be installed for about a year along with several other things..Wald body kit, Carlsson wheels, BBK, Cupkit, Speedybenz arms, Eisenmann, etc. I have been so busy its not even funny. I'm finally starting to get some free time so I figured I'd get it ported before I installed it. So to answer your question I will find out soon.

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Thanks alot bud!

The work looks excellent. Did you have the rotors stripped? and did they do a rebuild of any sort when it was disassembled?

As far as cooling goes I would research at least a single nozzle configuration Meth/H20 mist setup pre blower. After a year of looking I still see no room for any other means of effecient cooling. The rotors will tolerate the mix also, especially if stripped. It's pretty effective and would cool the rotors, casing, and add a little boost as well as octane..which is always nice for you CA peeps. Get a system that reads off the injectors or MAF and you'll be set. Mario picked up 40hp on the wheels with the dual mist setup.

Once again, I'm jealous, and thanks for posting those! My car is back in storage and all work has halted to yet more silly NE storms and floods...
First off thanks alot bud to you for outbidding me on that intake

Yes I had the rotors stripped. I guess you forgot what they originally looked like. They shine almost like chrome now except you can see how they were machined. As far as rebuild I don't know if they did or not. It was pretty hard to communicate with Stiegemeier (partially because of the traveling and hours I have been putting in). In the initial Emails he said they would go thru it all but on the receipt all it shows is porting and rotor stripping. The blower had pretty low miles on it so I am not too worried.

I have been planning on running a meth injection system just like Mario but I haven't ordered one yet. That was discussed with Stiegemeier and also why I had the rotors stripped. I need to talk to Mario so I can just buy what he has and copy his system. I plan on running 2 nozzles just like he did.

BTW don't be jealous... I'm the one who should be jealous. You guys have been out there beating the hell out of your cars while I've been watching boxes collect dust. My time is about to come!!!

Originally Posted by E55Cent
VERY NICE. I wonder if I should do something like that. Who did the work on the West Coast? Do you have a before dyno?
Wes you need to do this mod and then header, pulley and Meth. You will be making crazy HP
Mario
The work was done by Stiegemeier he is located back in MO (just google Eaton porting and he should be one of the first) he is one of the top dogs when it comes to porting Eaton superchargers for the Mustang crowd. I actually live in the Great Northwest but Stiegemeier charges for return shipping in addition to the price of the port job. I think it was actually 495 for the work he performed and another 30 for shipping back to the left coast. As I stated before I have yet to install it so no before dynos. I was told somewhere around 25HP and 20-30 degrees colder air then pre port.

I'm interested in the meth kit you are running is it the coolingmist brand? What model is it and is there any extra parts I need to order when I call them or whoever it was?

You mentioned headers. Right now I have a set of cylinder heads waiting to get ported and an intake I am going to port like mbenzman did on the CLK55 page. After that headers are next. If Omeyhomeys design turns out nice and at a reasonable price I will buy his but if not I will fabricate them up myself. I worked in the auto restoration industry for some time so I am pretty proficient at welding and fabrication. I have an extra set of exhaust manis to help with mockup..... The prices the major tuners want for a set of headers is just ridiculous.

I would also consider a smaller pulley on the blower once everything is sorted out. What size is your pulley Mario?

Last edited by suicidal4life; 04-20-2007 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Mario's pulley is the size of a dime

On the topic, mine is 2.625 which makes 4.5lbs boost in the 4.3. Your pulley should have the size number on the side. Curious if it is the same. I am having my pulley machined down like mario as well. We have had a few discussions on how small I should go. It's tricky because I want to build boost but don't want to over spin the blower and create more heat. I think we could machine down to build 5.5-6lbs and still be effecient. Not sure what size that would take though.

I am 90% with you on your planned mods. I think that our configuration is a really potent setup for power. It already makes great power and there is a ton of areas to improve on. Having the rear exhaust section fabed and welded up this weekend ala' prodjectC55. I'll post a vid with sound next week. This is great, the three of us including prodjectC55 seem to be brigning the C43 world back from the dead. Here's to summer and twisting drivetrain parts.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Mario's pulley is the size of a dime

On the topic, mine is 2.625 which makes 4.5lbs boost in the 4.3. Your pulley should have the size number on the side. Curious if it is the same.
No numbers at all. It is totally smooth. I measured it before and it is 2 5/8" which of course works out to 2.625.

This is great, the three of us including prodjectC55 seem to be brigning the C43 world back from the dead.
Ya except mine is a W210. Sorry to disappoint

I am 90% with you on your planned mods. I think that our configuration is a really potent setup for power.
You say you are 90% with me on mods. Just out of curiosity what 10% do we disagree on? I wanna make sure I'm not doing anything stupid.

Last edited by suicidal4life; 04-20-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 04-20-2007, 06:58 PM

1973 Yugo
boost it to 8 lbs., it can take it :peer pressure:
Old 04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
boost it to 8 lbs., it can take it :peer pressure:
The problem with the Eaton is it is a roots type blower and not a centrifugal type blower. Roots type blowers tend to build a lot more heat and lose their efficiency after a certain RPM. I don't remember the exact speed off the top of my head but I think at speeds above 12,000 RPM or so the MP90 stops producing more boost and simply builds more heat. I don't think 8PSI is possible. Perhaps if you choked down the exit port but then its just like pinching off a hose and the extra boost actually equals less total volume of air entering the engine.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 AM

1973 Yugo
I don't know I know that there are cobalt's running stock eaton blowers with 21 psi pulleys and they run hard, but I get where your coming from and with a v8 you should be pushing some nice power
remember there is no replacement for displacement
Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
I don't know I know that there are cobalt's running stock eaton blowers with 21 psi pulleys and they run hard, but I get where your coming from and with a v8 you should be pushing some nice power
remember there is no replacement for displacement
I think the Colbots run a MP62 blower and the our cars are running a MP90. My Mini run a MP45 and max's out at 17,000rpms and creats 16psi
Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You say you are 90% with me on mods. Just out of curiosity what 10% do we disagree on? I wanna make sure I'm not doing anything stupid.[/QUOTE]

90% in a sense that you've named off a list of mods that probably equal 9 out of 10 that I also am trying to do. I don't know enough to agree or disagree on too much.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Mario: Would you mind giving up some specifics on your meth injection kit? I really need to get serious about ordering one up.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 AM

1973 Yugo
Originally Posted by E55Cent
I think the Colbots run a MP62 blower and the our cars are running a MP90. My Mini run a MP45 and max's out at 17,000rpms and creats 16psi