W202 C55 tramples factory limiter!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Ashkan's C43
Ask victor if the vrp airbox and tubes will work for your car... that would be huge gains. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe you should consider an updated cluster now, one with at least 180mph (:
Victors box is the same concept as the AMG box,and I hear his box has fitment issues. The cluster idea sounds good though,I'd have to get one from a W208 CLK55 or an W210E55. Both have digital and analog I believe.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
i may be interested in hte larger maf housing as well

although i don't believe that the size of our maf's is an issue it would be an easy way for me to avoid pegging the maf (if i still do after my other recent stuff) under full throttle. My best option for that though is probably to run the insert from a w211 (one of which i have here)

-drew
Old 02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by silence
i may be interested in hte larger maf housing as well

although i don't believe that the size of our maf's is an issue it would be an easy way for me to avoid pegging the maf (if i still do after my other recent stuff) under full throttle. My best option for that though is probably to run the insert from a w211 (one of which i have here)

-drew
It's not a problematic issue but it seems to work well for the E39 M5's they upgrade them with bigger ones from Dinan and/or Activeautowerke.
I had one on my M3 as well.
To me,this bigger MAF with the addition of a bigger throttle body would lend some hp increase IMOP.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-24-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
that seems reasonable- and more so with your set-up.

I have so much other piping going on i doubt i'd see gains unless i upgraded all of it and also doubt it would matter unless my blower could physically push more air.

let me know how it goes though please

-drew
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
that seems reasonable- and more so with your set-up.

I have so much other piping going on i doubt i'd see gains unless i upgraded all of it and also doubt it would matter unless my blower could physically push more air.

let me know how it goes though please

-drew
I have a 65mm SC Pulley that can solve that problem quick?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I have a 65mm SC Pulley that can solve that problem quick?
Does your car knock at all with the 65mm pulley? Any detonation?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 AM

All of them!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
By the way March 5th I'll be meeting out at E-town with some SL500's,if you are interested pm me and let me know!

One of the SL500 owners handle on this forum is Tech-Tune he also has the info. Pm him also if you'd like!
PM sent
Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Quant
PM sent
Back to ya!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:36 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
so have any of you considered your mods of removing foglamps and fashioning makeshift intake systems to your sweet benz is kind of ghetto considering the cars at hand? why dont you go with the renntech option, they'll hook your intake system right up and itll look pro and clean... not that your designs arent functional theyre just not befitting a mercedes
Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
i'm somewhat with you-

i do a lot of things some people might consider ghetto, but it didn't cross my mind that it would be worth removing a fog light for a couple hp (particularly not on a close to stock car)
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i'm somewhat with you-

i do a lot of things some people might consider ghetto, but it didn't cross my mind that it would be worth removing a fog light for a couple hp (particularly not on a close to stock car)
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
so have any of you considered your mods of removing foglamps and fashioning makeshift intake systems to your sweet benz is kind of ghetto considering the cars at hand? why dont you go with the renntech option, they'll hook your intake system right up and itll look pro and clean... not that your designs arent functional theyre just not befitting a mercedes
Well that's your opinion! I am using Stck MB parts by the way. The only parts that are not stck are the two 3" flex pipes leaving the airbox to the foglight area.

I don't see a difference in putting in a Gen HPS setup and my setup when it comes to creatively trying to make hp. Not to mention that the Gen1 HPS system is loud underboost. But who cares!!

When at the racetrack,folks tend to love my car and how it performs. Even folks that know I dropped in the 5.5L motor. When i go F/I it will be even scarier.

Don't really like the idea of removing the foglight but believe me with the setup I have, removing the fog light was a necessary evil. And I am pleased with the results. Speedybenz is another person who has experienced nice results by getting rid of his foglights and turning the high pressure foglight area into airducts for the intake.

The Renntech box sux! Especially for the $$. Sux like the design of our stck AMG airbox. Too much heat by sitting right on the top of the engine.

The CLK setup,to me is superior to Renntech's setup and our stck AMG setup especially when modded with ram air.

I also don't think I need to mention the spanking I put on cars that the AMG C43 can only dream of running against.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-06-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 PM

95 Supra Turbo; 1988 M5; 2001 Clk55 AMG
It's opinions like this that encourage $2500 air boxes. If the little guys begin to make "ghetto" modifications to their cars which offer significant power increases, there will be a demand and the big guys will follow suit. Coming from the supra world where one can build a 500rwhp road warrior for $4k, to the MB world where mods are not Benz-worthy unless they're carbon fiber and $4k buys you an air box and a muffler, was quite a shock.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I have the renntech box on my CLK430, it at least looks good and has more volume than stock lol
Old 03-08-2008, 03:44 AM

yeah thats exactly my point, my style is to have things done professionally. ill pay 2500 bucks for an intake that looks great and works well... besides you get an ecu reprogramming with that 2500. just in case you didnt know we're driving nice classy german automobiles, not some japanese car that looks at home in a bowl of rice with an exhaust so large it could very well consume the entire car...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah thats exactly my point, my style is to have things done professionally. ill pay 2500 bucks for an intake that looks great and works well... besides you get an ecu reprogramming with that 2500. just in case you didnt know we're driving nice classy german automobiles, not some japanese car that looks at home in a bowl of rice with an exhaust so large it could very well consume the entire car...

Try 3000.00 my friend.

How do you know the intake works well if you don't have it on your car? The current setup whether you use the stck or an aftermarket setup (kleemann or Renn) is restricted due to the physical setup of the car.

Nothing wrng with Japanese cars and your stereotypical comment about them sounds ignorant. Not to mention that mines would stomp your car out using just two gears on the roadway!

Like I said,you have your own opinions which is just fine ,but others are willing to exceed the norm by increasing performance and do things to their C43's that aftermarket companies don't sell for our cars. So enjoy staying status quo.

PS You sound like a hater by the way, but for each his own.

Spend your 3k on looks and enjoy no real performance gain.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I will sell you my renntech intake!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
well, i definitely don't share his opinions- obviously

also, i'm well aware that my hps sc is about the most ghetto thing ever
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well, i definitely don't share his opinions- obviously

also, i'm well aware that my hps sc is about the most ghetto thing ever
But I'd bet your car is loads more fun and would get plenty of looks over a stck C43.

When I had the 4.3L motor in my car I got quite frankly tired of it. Was ready to sell it. It did not bring the driving pleasure that my two E36 M3's brought me.
Then one day I drove a W210E55 2k1 to be exact and all I could do was imagine having the 5.5L motor in my car after test driving it. The W210 E55 had me salivating over the way the 5.5L motor was pulling the car around like it weighed the same as a C43 with the tq and HP except only much harder. The motor just sounds and pulls TOTALLY different at WOT. It just screams like it's insane.

All I could think of was purchasing a 5.5L motor and then when I found one and installed it,I've been in love with my C43 ever since and hardly have thoughts of selling it.

Ask Speedy Benz or C55m80 about how this 5.5L motor wakes the car up.
Once I did my other mods to the intake the BEAST only got better. Stay tuned more improvements to the BEAST to come.

However to make along story shrt,I bet you love having the added pr with the HPS kit. This is also why one day you,Nitrogen Balance and I will have to run.

HPS C43 vs 5.5L C43

Should be fun!

Again for each his own.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-08-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Whats your car put down for numbers? You should dyno that bad boy if you haven't. Just curious..
Old 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM

AMG C43, 1999
Yes, I love the 5.5l motor in my C43 it just pulls so hard. Also with nice black air ducts mounted in the bumper where the fog light looks completely stock if you did not know the car is supposed to have foglights. Also I got tired of replacing the broken fog lights all the time.

With the ram air the motor revs so much better, and pulls hard to redline. Before there was a noticable drop off in power during the last 800 rpms or so. Not anymore. In fact my biggest problems is that the ECU cant seem to shift the tranny fast enough not to run into the rev limiter during the 1st to 2nd gear shift.

Plus on the only time I took mine to the track I just loved lining up next to a 2006-2007 C6 Corvette and pulling him at the end of the 1/4 mile.

Jeff
Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by speedybenz
Yes, I love the 5.5l motor in my C43 it just pulls so hard. Also with nice black air ducts mounted in the bumper where the fog light looks completely stock if you did not know the car is supposed to have foglights. Also I got tired of replacing the broken fog lights all the time.

With the ram air the motor revs so much better, and pulls hard to redline. Before there was a noticable drop off in power during the last 800 rpms or so. Not anymore. In fact my biggest problems is that the ECU cant seem to shift the tranny fast enough not to run into the rev limiter during the 1st to 2nd gear shift.

Plus on the only time I took mine to the track I just loved lining up next to a 2006-2007 C6 Corvette and pulling him at the end of the 1/4 mile.

Jeff
Jeff it's a beautiful thing aint it?

Listen I found a tuner up here on my side thru a member named Tech_Tune who was able to get his HPS 94' SL500 custom tuned. I will be sending my AMG to this same guy. He knows how to malipulate the codes for timing and fuel. He does everything with the car right on the dyno.

You should really chk out VRP and see if they could pull out some more power out of your BEAST. They have been working in conjunction with Powerchips. You should read the thread on how they extracted more power out of the ECU of the CLK Black Series project they have been working on.
PS I wanna go with that ram air system you pm'd me. Any idea which of them you want to use?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Whats your car put down for numbers? You should dyno that bad boy if you haven't. Just curious..
Not sure but I'm curious as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Im not hating on anyone i just like mercedes for the classy powerful car they offer. putting diy mods on it would not be in my interest since i am interested in the clean appeal of the car. ever since i learned about the 55 engine swap ive been all over the idea. I feel like it is one of the nicest upgrades while maintaining 100% original appeal.

i already know the transmission is good to go for the 55 swap but do i have to swap the ecu too, or just reprogam it? does anyone have any idea how much the entire project costs on average?

sorry if i come across as rude im just frustrated with other peoples faster cars
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 PM

All of them!
Im not hating on anyone i just like mercedes for the classy powerful car they offer. putting diy mods on it would not be in my interest since i am interested in the clean appeal of the car. ever since i learned about the 55 engine swap ive been all over the idea. I feel like it is one of the nicest upgrades while maintaining 100% original appeal.

i already know the transmission is good to go for the 55 swap but do i have to swap the ecu too, or just reprogam it? does anyone have any idea how much the entire project costs on average?

sorry if i come across as rude im just frustrated with other peoples faster cars
Slippery slope there-watch out, before you know it there will be a Kompressor under the hood packing it in to a 55 engine, you'll see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W202 C55 tramples factory limiter!!