I HATE the mercedes dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In search of W222
I HATE the mercedes dealer

i seriously do need sum help too guys.
I was wondering if i should take legal action, because they did the diagnostics wrong, therefore quoting me the wrong parts and telling me false information

First i was quoted 1200 to fix my entire keyless(infared) entry system.
(this was after the 200 diganostics-which ended up not being done right)
So i was going to do stage one (800 for rear view mirror.) And they said it should work from there as the central system.

NOW they say it will be an aditional 1800 for it to work because once they connected the Rear view sensor, they discovered that there were more missing parts and the diagnostics wasnt done thouroughly.

SO NOW ive paid 1200 and all i have is a rear view view mirror console that does nothing, and a diagnostics that wasnt done right. I might as well have thrown the 1200 In for sum new rims(Mj benz) and lowering. And on top of that, they communicate horribly.

*******g stealership.
any opinions or advice is VERY welcome
Old 10-30-2008, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
You take your paper

work send it off in a copy to mbusa in New jersey certified letter to the head of customer relations,and cc it to the dealership management.With a nicely worded polite letter stating your dissapointment with the performance of their work and the charges incurred.Ask for a total refund.They will send you a check for the sum total of the money spent to date.If you do it correctly,I have seen it happen
Polite but firm.Frustrated but not irate. Get it
Keep us posted
Old 10-30-2008, 07:30 PM

'93 300CE
welcome to the wonderful world of AMG. you were warned. mucho dollars required. possibly a 2nd job is in order. sometimes spending a few dollars more on a great car of this vintage saves money in the long run. gook luck kid
Old 10-30-2008, 09:31 PM

In search of W222
OK even MORE of an update.
i just drove the car home from the dealership.
The keyless system wasnt working, as expected.
but NOW, my after market audio system, seems to cut out adn loose power everytime i touch a button, and of the LED lights that light up my dash, only one is working. GRRRRRR
Old 10-31-2008, 12:44 AM

1997 C36AMG
wat? ok dude....something is not right.... we gotta meet or something..seriously..
Old 10-31-2008, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
this is why you don't buy the one with a ghetto stereo in it
Old 10-31-2008, 11:07 AM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by silence
this is why you don't buy the one with a ghetto stereo in it
Its not Ghetto, its all JL amps and a W6 and professionally installed, no wires or anything.
And they messed up my dash lights too.
Their problem.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 PM

1997 C36AMG
yea i took a look at the system before he bought it, its like a 2K system very nice and loud too, sounds like the dealer ****ed it up, make sure u raise hell dude, cuz i wud...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:30 PM

1997 C36AMG
you know wat? **** the dealer dude, take it to asmir, he's ****in awesome and honest dude, really...dnt go to dealers, he has like 20 years exp with these cars, he's in belmont. very close
Old 10-31-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Correct me if parts, or all of my understanding is incorrect - the previous owner gutted parts or all of the infrared system. You bought the car, took it to the dealer, and told them you wanted the previously gutted system to be functional again. They quoted you a price, got started, and then determined more work was required than originally estimated.

If that’s correct, your real problem is not the dealer, it’s the original owner. Why he gutted the infrared system is a mystery. It could be that something expensive stopped working. Or, he may have installed a stereo and decided it would work better without the infrared system. Of course, it could be that he got tired of wearing an aluminum hat, and decided he could stop MB-USA from implanting thoughts in his mind by disabling the infrared system.

At a dealer, any dealer, most techs are trying to get in and out of whatever service they’re performing, as quickly as possible. That typically means replacing factory subsystems and paying as little attention as possible to anything that will slow them down. They can’t do that with your car, because you have an “hourly” problem. The tech has no idea what’s missing and/or modified. He’ll have to go through each part in that subsystem, ensure that it works, ensure that it’s properly installed, and then move to the next part. The diagnostics can cost more than the installation.

If you’re technically inclined, you may want to buy a WIS and do the work yourself. If you’re technically challenged (not a knock, we’re all challenged until we learn, and then we’re challenged by something else), I hope your dealer tech fully understands the infrared system, and can tell what’s missing at a glance, because this could get very expensive.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:55 PM

1997 C36AMG
marcus has a point....a reciever is missing, ur somthing vital, you can't install AM alarm systems into these cars, the stock alarm is wired all over the car.