AMG emblem molding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by PaulRicciardi
Hmm that could be cool. Would look nice with a CF interior instead of the wood trim. I like my wood though, guess I'm an old man at heart

Slightly OT, but did you get my PM bout CF intake?
PMed! I MIGHT be able to do these in CF but a hard color matched resin (with correct pigment mixtures, gray is easy) piece should be easy and will not scratch nearly as easily, can be polished, and repolished over and over to retain sheen as it wont be painted the color the whole unit will be cast in a resin of the same color, and it will stand up to the suns UV Rays with no problem. I'm going for both!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by johnhef
Yes its a piece of plastic. If yours is in better shape then mine was, you can use it to make the mold, I can send it to you before I have my guy paint it- but just don't lose it!

I may need some carbon fiber inserts for my 16v the ones in the car now are falling apart.
I'm weary of using others parts....as there is always the chance of something going very wrong! I feel more comfortable using my own parts unless I don't actually have one , I'll be prying mine off this afternoon . Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by jayrasheed
well small update on the emblems im testing. In the last week i had the chance to subject the small bumper emblem to all sorts of weather. We went from having a snow storm to a tropical storm and now for the last to days some sort of strange dry dust wind and temps close to 28c'
any way the emblem still shines but and only when looked at from up-close, real up-close do u feel it could do with a quick polish.

Still it has transformed how the front looks and the way it shines in the sun is really sweet.
As for the engine one, well it is just like the day i got it, no fading and no need for a polish.
Ben has done a gr8 job with the paint as the temps it sees are high.

Ill try to post some pics soon.
Jay PERFECTO! I've got the painting process down! I'm thinking about spraying a clear coat on the small one (hard, hard, resin possibly) to avoid these salt stains, however, for those who like to polish things I can opt his out in the future. Keep me updated. My engine emblem is still perfect as well.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
more evidence of later 97 C36 engine emblem style differences. This is the low mile C36 I have access to, its logo is in the same spot as the one on my car. Anyone else on here have a 97? if so post your VIN as well as a pic.
Yes we need to clear this up, you have substantial evidence and im thinking now you may be correct! I might call the dealer and see if I can get someone who actually knows his stuff.....for a DEFINITE answer for us.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 300E, 1995 C36 AMG, 1969 VW Bug
Originally Posted by appatula
PMed! I MIGHT be able to do these in CF but a hard color matched resin (with correct pigment mixtures, gray is easy) piece should be easy and will not scratch nearly as easily, can be polished, and repolished over and over to retain sheen as it wont be painted the color the whole unit will be cast in a resin of the same color, and it will stand up to the suns UV Rays with no problem. I'm going for both!
Sweet, I'm sure those will look good.

I'm actually all set for interior stuff but still curious to see where this goes. I have a whole new shift knob that went in the car about 2 months before I bought it, and I like my wood trim

Ben, keep up the good work, you're really pushing the W202 scene in the right direction
Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
appatula, here's the gearshift inlay, with covering removed and mostly cleaned up:

Sorry to dig this back up guys but as we all know, anyone stumbling may be interested and a direct link is always a nice thing. Plus I just got another order. Justin's 500E will be getting a carbon fiber shifter emblem insert without the C36 lettering imprint and siideways has a currently pending sale for a CF one as well (waiting for check). So these are still in production. Only one larger AMG emblem left ($35 Shipped within USA, PM me or email). Could make more Small and large emblems depending on demand but the shifter emblems ($15 shipped inside USA PM me or email) are much less laborious to manufacture. Non mbworld or benzworld members with less than 50 posts +$10. Giving my guys VIP prices is a must!

C36 Shifter Emblem Reproduction Inserts (Real Carbon Fiber, or High Quality Custom Colored Resin)
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Where are the shift knob emblems that have a "C43" on them like the "C36"? I know they didn't exist but couldn't you make one?? I know I would buy one...
Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 C36 AMG
Apologies for the epic thread resurrection! (and my first post)
I have a 1995 C36 in the UK and have been trying to find the correct rear AMG badge/emblem for the trunk/boot lid.
I'm not holding out too much hope that these emblems are still available given the age of the thread and Appatula appears not to have been on the forum for a year, but forum search for the emblems does not bring anything newer so thought I would ask.
Any info much appreciated.

Regards
Gareth