Unbelievable story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Unbelievable story

So I have my old rims (19" WEDS) that came on my car for sale on craigslist and last night I got an unusual text to say the least. The text started out with asking me if I was the guy with the WEDS for sale on craigslist and I answered yes. Then he asks if they are off a C43 which immediately sparked my attention as I do not have my car in any picture or any info about a C43 on the ad. I replied that yes I had them on a C43 to which he replies then you have my old car . I am skeptical at first but after asking a couple questions only the previous owner would know it is confirmed that this guy owned the car at some point. I bought my car from a guy with a dealers license who bought it at an auction (this guy doesn't have a lot he just buys cars on the side). I talk with this guy for about an hour before he tells me to come out and meet him at a starbucks. At this point in time it is like 11:30pm and I am hesitant to roll out to a starbucks to meet a guy I have never met before but then it hits me.... If this guy sold his C43 what is he driving now? I ask the guy and he tells me that's why he wants me to come out and meet him, he has a surprise for me. I decide I am going to make the trip to see what this guy has + ask him some questions about the history of my car. I drive out to meet this guy and when I pull in, I park next to A C43!!!! UNREAL this guy LOVED his C43 SO much he went out and bought another one!!!!! His new one had the obsidian black paint (hard to tell at midnight) and the tuxedo interior with an avantgarde grill, he had it SLAMMED to the ground with a 2.5" drop on 18" SL AMG replicas, he had a new front bumper from a company that I can't recall (starts with an R like reigart or something) and the rear window visor. He had his windows tinted to 5% and he had a new exhaust that sounded like a ferrari. His C43 looked good but a little overdone for my taste but to each his own. We talked for about 3 hours and he answered every question I had about my car. Apparently he bought the car for $22k with 32,000 miles on it from an old man who was the original owner. He wound up having some issues with the car after years of owning it and had put about $8k into it (NEW ABS system, new internal parts in the tranny, tranny servicing, etc...) and something still wasn't running right (he must of had a shady mechanic, I made this comment and he agreed) so he put it in an auction where the guy I bought it from got it. When I got the C43 it had a bad valve cover gasket, bad wires, bad MAF, and a bad center support bearing. I changed all of it out and SHES FLYING right now, the guy couldn't believe it when I told him this. I was going to get a pic of our cars but it was WAY to dark at 2am . This guy tells me that he has 2 friends with C43's, one in town and the other is up in Washington (about 30 minutes away from where we live) and offers to make the calls so we can all meet up as this guy tells me he is into photography and would LOVE to get a photo of all of our cars next to each other, I immediately start drooling and tell him that I am BEYOND interested. We are going to set up a meet and I will DEFINITELY post the pics So just when you think it can't get any better than this IT DOES (at least for me ). Before I leave I remember to ask him about a couple of parts that I seem to be lacking (engine cover and trunk floor) this guy starts smiling and tells me he has them at his house and I can have them if I want them Before he leaves I notice his climate control unit back light is out and I tell him if he can bring me the missing parts for my car I will replace his back light on his climate control unit, immediately this guy is on board so we will be meeting up soon to exchange parts (and labor on my part) WHAT A NIGHT!!!! I told this guy about this forum and he is going to join. So how is that for an unbelievable story???
Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
The front bumper you are refereing to is "Reiger".
Old 07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
The front bumper you are refereing to is "Reiger".
Yup.... that's the one. It looked nice but I am more in to the "sleeper" look. At one glance with the reiger bumper you know he's got something fast...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
Yup.... that's the one. It looked nice but I am more in to the "sleeper" look. At one glance with the reiger bumper you know he's got something fast...
It definetly "updates" the vehicle.I like the look,may have to have that done soon .
Old 07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
This guy tells me that he has 2 friends with C43's, one in town and the other is up in Washington (about 30 minutes away from where we live)

Come on up for the mercer island car show this sunday. Some of us mb guys are going to get together before rolling on over there.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLx02
Come on up for the mercer island car show this sunday. Some of us mb guys are going to get together before rolling on over there.
As much as I would LOVE to sunday is my only day off and it is PACKED with stuff for me to do. I appreciate the invitation
Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Yes, white coat time.....
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:
I met up with my NEW friend (my cars previous owner) last night and he linked me up with my missing engine cover AND the trunk floor . I did him a favor and removed his climate control unit and showed him how to replace the bulb, it was the least I could do. He signed up for this site too but I don't know what his name is on here yet. Again we met up around 10:30pm (I am working swing shift right now so I get off late) so I was unable to snap some pics but he washed his car before we met up so I could get a better look at his paint, it was NICE. I am definitely going to get pics of his car next to mine and hopefully we can arrange a time for his other friends with C43's to join in on the group photo I will be posting pics as soon a I get them. Imagine a photo with 3 or 4 C43's all next each other that are actually within 50 miles of each other. I think he said one of his buddies was super charged and he said one of them was black and the other was silver.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 .... A Sleeping Monster!
Agreed!

That was random that I found the wheels on CL off my previous C43!
And, yes I was shocked when I heard how little work and money it needed to be repaired! I changed the light bulb in the Climate Control Display and popped it back in bro so it's working great! Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ivannesukh
That was random that I found the wheels on CL off my previous C43!
And, yes I was shocked when I heard how little work and money it needed to be repaired! I changed the light bulb in the Climate Control Display and popped it back in bro so it's working great! Thanks again!
NICE.... glad to hear its working again