C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Need urgent help, please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Need urgent help, please!

Tried the search function with different searchwords, don't know how to find an old thread.
It's about the climate control codes and I mean all codes that can be red scrolling the up n down arrow pushbuttons.
I think it's approx 100 different codes showing different stuff.

Can't find this important thread, it was a few years ago I red it on w202 AMG section.
Can someone help me finding it.
Many thanx
Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Here you go:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...2-digital.html

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=W202+climate+control+codes

Last edited by 503C43 ////AMG; 07-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

Thankx Jason.

My problem is I need to know how to switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius reading, in which order it comes among all codes?

Can this be manually changed without involving STAR?

Don't wanna buy a used climate control unit if I can't switch from F to C?

On MBworld w202 section there was a thread about all codes a few years ago, can't find that thread.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kowalski
Thankx Jason.

My problem is I need to know how to switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius reading, in which order it comes among all codes?

Can this be manually changed without involving STAR?

Don't wanna buy a used climate control unit if I can't switch from F to C?

On MBworld w202 section there was a thread about all codes a few years ago, can't find that thread.
Here is a thread that is more indepth on the DTC from the climate control unit:
http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...gineering-Code

From what I can tell you can't change any settings in the DTC menu, just read codes. I did however run across a thread where someone from England bought a climate control unit from the US and when he plugged it in it automatically switched from F° to C°. The climate control temperature display is based off of your outside temperature display. If the outside temperature displays C° then it should switch the climate control unit to C° as well.

I can't confirm this is how it works but it makes sense
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

thanks for your reply jason.

the bottom reply from you about celsius display vs F display didn't made any sense to me.
My outside temperature sensor reads in C that one is connected to my cluster.

The other sensor for ACC if it reads in C and I get a headunit reading in F you say it will automatically switch to Celsius?
UK don't they use Fahrenheit for temp, I guess only their speedos reads in miles?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kowalski
thanks for your reply jason.

the bottom reply from you about celsius display vs F display didn't made any sense to me.
My outside temperature sensor reads in C that one is connected to my cluster.

The other sensor for ACC if it reads in C and I get a headunit reading in F you say it will automatically switch to Celsius?
UK don't they use Fahrenheit for temp, I guess only their speedos reads in miles?
Let me see if I can explain it better:

Currently your outside temperature display (the one in the cluster) reads in C°. The same programming that tells your outside temperature gauge to read in C° is the same programming that tells your climate control to read in C°. When you plug in the climate control it should check which setting the outside temperature gauge is set to and switch to whatever your outside temperature gauge reads, either F° or C°.

again this is something I read on another thread a while back, the guy even posted a video of it switching from F° to C° as soon as he plugged it in.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003s55amg
many thanx to all that post info on the c43 amg ,recently i became the owner of a 98c43,took it over from my step son,which he neglected ,to many issues to list all at this time,due to the recent heat wave i recharged a/c,i noticed the condensor do not come on at all,never had an engine overheating until i recharged a/c this evening,does anyone know about the cond fans,do the help cool engine ? or a/c system only?slightly frustrated,the car needs many repairs but i do like it
Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
Let me see if I can explain it better:

Currently your outside temperature display (the one in the cluster) reads in C°. The same programming that tells your outside temperature gauge to read in C° is the same programming that tells your climate control to read in C°. When you plug in the climate control it should check which setting the outside temperature gauge is set to and switch to whatever your outside temperature gauge reads, either F° or C°.

again this is something I read on another thread a while back, the guy even posted a video of it switching from F° to C° as soon as he plugged it in.
awesome dude, much oblige
getting a headunit from US of A shouldn't be a problem then.
great

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-06-2012 at 03:13 AM.