Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2016 | 10:26 AM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
If you have acoustic glass, look at the top edge of your driver or passenger FRONT window. If you lower it down a bit, it should look like 2 pieces of glass glued together...here in the US, some peoples have acoustic glass listed on there build sheet.. mine is an August build and it's not listed. The other build sheets I've seen are from September builds have code 851 (acoustic glass) listed as standard equipment.. since no one in the USA has received there car we have to wait and see.
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
It's quieter glass. Comes in handy if you bought the performance exhaust and want everyone else to enjoy the burble of it except you lol. I guess it would lower the decibels of outside noise by a few if you're sitting in traffic with your windows closed. But usually my music is on if I am...

When are we getting a sound clip boss?

So I just confirmed, I don't have acoustic paint.

@5ilver

Being busy stressing over the car....let's just say I need touch up paint or to repaint a 1/4 '' dent in the paint on the rear bumper.

I foolishly slowly backed into a wall at an underground spot downtown. The parking Parking sensor comes on late, and I was just distracted .

I wanted to knock myself out. I was so pissed off.

Other than that, I need someone to hold a camera etc and film....need to get one of my friends and then edit the video. Never done this before, so might take a bit.
Old 09-30-2016 | 10:58 AM

A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by dismantler
So I just confirmed, I don't have acoustic paint.

@5ilver

Being busy stressing over the car....let's just say I need touch up paint or to repaint a 1/4 '' dent in the paint on the rear bumper.

I foolishly slowly backed into a wall at an underground spot downtown. The parking Parking sensor comes on late, and I was just distracted .

I wanted to knock myself out. I was so pissed off.

Other than that, I need someone to hold a camera etc and film....need to get one of my friends and then edit the video. Never done this before, so might take a bit.
Don't worry about the scuff / dent my friend - cosmetic damage is bound to happen sooner or later to any car. Within one week of owning my 435, some punk at work gave me a door ding. I wanted to knock him out but it wouldn't be worth the HR nightmare. Look into paintless dent repair - DentDoctor in the GTA does an amazing job. I've used their service 3 times now in the past 2 years....I hate people that can't respect other peoples property. That's why I try parking in corner spots or far far away from anyone.

BMW Toronto actually has DentDoctor come on site as their official dent repair service, and they invoice it to BMW in case you have any issues with it. Should be about 100 bucks per ding. They buff the area as well with super non-abrasive cream, so usually it blends the scratch in quite a bit, pretty much to the point where it's not noticeable at all.

If you don't mind, PM me a pic of the ding so I can take a look and see if the DentDoctor is worth a call.
Old 09-30-2016 | 11:21 AM

C43 Sedan
Don't worry about the scuff / dent my friend - cosmetic damage is bound to happen sooner or later to any car. Within one week of owning my 435, some punk at work gave me a door ding. I wanted to knock him out but it wouldn't be worth the HR nightmare. Look into paintless dent repair - DentDoctor in the GTA does an amazing job. I've used their service 3 times now in the past 2 years....I hate people that can't respect other peoples property. That's why I try parking in corner spots or far far away from anyone.

BMW Toronto actually has DentDoctor come on site as their official dent repair service, and they invoice it to BMW in case you have any issues with it. Should be about 100 bucks per ding. They buff the area as well with super non-abrasive cream, so usually it blends the scratch in quite a bit, pretty much to the point where it's not noticeable at all.

If you don't mind, PM me a pic of the ding so I can take a look and see if the DentDoctor is worth a call.
Mate... you are a life saver. Will get you a coffee or tea when you get your car!

See pics below:

Old 09-30-2016 | 12:24 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Mate... you are a life saver. Will get you a coffee or tea when you get your car!

See pics below:

That's easily fixable - may not require DentDoctor at all actually.

Here is my suggestion - have you heard of ChemicalGuys? They have a store in Mississauga where they sell car washing / maintenance equipment. I buy a ton of car wash supplies from them.

I scuffed up my 435 bumper pretty bad earlier in the year and I asked the guy (owner - the bald guy) at ChemicalGuys to take a look (they offer buffing classes), and he told me to bring it by after work one day. One of his workers (the guy who drives a Tesla) applied some compound and got rid of 90% of the cosmetic damage in under 60 seconds. Free of charge. Whatever was left, I used a tiny dab of a official BMW paint pen over the course of 24 hours (you gotta make sure you layer it), to correct. I fixed damage about 4000x worse than what you have to be as good as new. I would consider it a non-issue, except the time that you'll spend reaching out to chemical guys or dent doctor.

If you decide to go that route, which is my suggestion, tell them you were referred by a guy whose bumper they fixed (Umar with the Grey 435 a few months ago).

Edit: I would error on the side of showing Dent Doctor first, since they offer a warranty. ChemicalGuys will probably do just as good of a job, but their work isn't certified. I would use them as a second option if possible. Last but not least, you can also take it back to Mercedes (your SA in particular) and they can probably get it fixed up for you out of goodwill.

Good luck boss!

Last edited by 5ilver-5urfer; 09-30-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2016 | 12:48 PM

C43 Sedan
That's easily fixable - may not require DentDoctor at all actually.

Here is my suggestion - have you heard of ChemicalGuys? They have a store in Mississauga where they sell car washing / maintenance equipment. I buy a ton of car wash supplies from them.

I scuffed up my 435 bumper pretty bad earlier in the year and I asked the guy (owner - the bald guy) at ChemicalGuys to take a look (they offer buffing classes), and he told me to bring it by after work one day. One of his workers (the guy who drives a Tesla) applied some compound and got rid of 90% of the cosmetic damage in under 60 seconds. Free of charge. Whatever was left, I used a tiny dab of a official BMW paint pen over the course of 24 hours (you gotta make sure you layer it), to correct. I fixed damage about 4000x worse than what you have to be as good as new. I would consider it a non-issue, except the time that you'll spend reaching out to chemical guys or dent doctor.

If you decide to go that route, which is my suggestion, tell them you were referred by a guy whose bumper they fixed (Umar with the Grey 435 a few months ago).

Edit: I would error on the side of showing Dent Doctor first, since they offer a warranty. ChemicalGuys will probably do just as good of a job, but their work isn't certified. I would use them as a second option if possible. Last but not least, you can also take it back to Mercedes (your SA in particular) and they can probably get it fixed up for you out of goodwill.

Good luck boss!
Perfect would definitely reach out to them. Thanks a million.

It's not very noticeable from far away (little black dot on lower right side next to black plastic).
Old 09-30-2016 | 01:29 PM

2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
I find it hard to believe that the car can be ordered, that it is now up on the mbusa.com website, that deliveries should be taking place soon - some already seem to be at dealers even though apparently domestic deliveries were halted to Dec, and there is no EPA DOT MPG information for the car?
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:12 PM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by tivoboy
I find it hard to believe that the car can be ordered, that it is now up on the mbusa.com website, that deliveries should be taking place soon - some already seem to be at dealers even though apparently domestic deliveries were halted to Dec, and there is no EPA DOT MPG information for the car?
I don't think it was ever official deliveries were halted until December.

Official release of the car is Fall and if some here are to be believed sedans will be shipped next week. No clue about the coupes but I don't imagine they are far behind.
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:46 PM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by H.A.
I don't think it was ever official deliveries were halted until December.

Official release of the car is Fall and if some here are to be believed sedans will be shipped next week. No clue about the coupes but I don't imagine they are far behind.
Sedans are already at dealerships the coupes are taking a bit longer. Maybe it's because the Coupes are being built in German.
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:52 PM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Sedans are already at dealerships the coupes are taking a bit longer. Maybe it's because the Coupes are being built in German.
I should have mentioned I meant here in the US. I'm glad more of them are in the wild, no matter which part of the world.
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:54 PM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by H.A.
I should have mentioned I meant here in the US. I'm glad more of them are in the wild, no matter which part of the world.
Pretty such some guy took delivery in the US recently.
Old 09-30-2016 | 04:12 PM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Pretty such some guy took delivery in the US recently.
Could be wrong then. At least its not December as suggested earlier. I know MPG is TBD (so EPA certification ongoing possibly) on mbusa
Old 09-30-2016 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
I don't think anyone in the USA has taken delivery.. I'm almost 100% sure..
Old 09-30-2016 | 06:08 PM

2019 E63S
Congrats to all the guys from the North getting their first C43s!!! How exciting is it! Please post up pictures and videos. Would love to see the thing in action, especially the perf exhaust. GGkTHX!
Old 10-01-2016 | 04:18 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
What can I say a mixture of obsession, with Boredom at work gives me a lot of time to check on things lol
Still no update on my end with my SA. Any news good sir?
Old 10-02-2016 | 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
It's October!!!! Yay!! Any news on the release of the c43 sedan in the USA?
Old 10-02-2016 | 08:07 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Joshua Davidson from Mercedes corporate contacted me yesterday and informed me that my c43 will be on its way by mid next week.. the first batch of c43 being sent out in the USA.... he also said he sent my dealer email to give me a free year of prepaid maintenance for the long wait I had because they had originally said I would have the car in mid September. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
It's October!!!! Yay!! Any news on the release of the c43 sedan in the USA?
It seems like you already claimed to know the status of the release. Or are they just sending your car and not releasing any others in the USA?
Old 10-02-2016 | 09:04 PM

C43 AMG Coupe
At last!

Collected my amazing C43 AMG on Friday, 3 days in and loving it!

The car is great to drive, smooth, quick and fun. It can be very comfortable for cruising or great to play around with in sports+, like 2 different cars! I am relieved that I really like my choose of colours - selenite grey and saddle brown.

My only disappointment, and was partially expecting this, there is no pop and crackle from the exhaust, without the performance exhaust. Here in Australia you can't order the performance exhaust separately from the performance seats. I found the performance seats really uncomfortable for me, so had to go standard (which I am loving!), but had to sacrifice the performance exhaust. Forums I read were suggesting the standard exhaust should still pop and crackle, but unfortunately it doesn't, although it is nice and loud. May look at aftermarket options...

Also interesting to note is that the dealer said there is no break in period required! They said the C63 requires break in, being a hand made engine, but not the C43, can give it a whack straight away! So I did!

Overall, so happy with it and I am sure you will be too!
Attached Thumbnails New C43-img_0354.jpg   New C43-img_0348.jpg   New C43-img_0358.jpg   New C43-img_0369.jpg   New C43-img_0370.jpg  

New C43-img_0371.jpg  
Old 10-02-2016 | 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by MDSkiBum
It seems like you already claimed to know the status of the release. Or are they just sending your car and not releasing any others in the USA?
I don't trust them. First it was early September then mid September then late..etc..that's why I'm asking if anyone else has been updated on their sedans yet
Old 10-02-2016 | 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by stixpicks
Collected my amazing C43 AMG on Friday, 3 days in and loving it!

The car is great to drive, smooth, quick and fun. It can be very comfortable for cruising or great to play around with in sports+, like 2 different cars! I am relieved that I really like my choose of colours - selenite grey and saddle brown.

My only disappointment, and was partially expecting this, there is no pop and crackle from the exhaust, without the performance exhaust. Here in Australia you can't order the performance exhaust separately from the performance seats. I found the performance seats really uncomfortable for me, so had to go standard (which I am loving!), but had to sacrifice the performance exhaust. Forums I read were suggesting the standard exhaust should still pop and crackle, but unfortunately it doesn't, although it is nice and loud. May look at aftermarket options...

Also interesting to note is that the dealer said there is no break in period required! They said the C63 requires break in, being a hand made engine, but not the C43, can give it a whack straight away! So I did!

This is literally the EXACT same spec as my order, the only difference is that I added the Performance Exhaust on mine (in the US). Expecting delivery in about a month or so. Congrats on the new ride, it looks fantastic... enjoy it
The following users liked this post:
stixpicks (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016 | 09:27 PM

2016 C43 OMG

Hi stixpicks, and congrats for your beautiful unit. Double check the running in thing, my car came with a sticker specifying to not going over 4500rpm's for the first 2500kms.
Old 10-02-2016 | 09:30 PM

C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Cocheche
Hi stixpicks, and congrats for your beautiful unit. Double check the running in thing, my car came with a sticker specifying to not going over 4500rpm's for the first 2500kms.
Thanks Cocheche, there was no sticker on mine and the sales guy checked with the MB mechanics. I might be a little (!) careful anyway...
Old 10-02-2016 | 11:35 PM

C43
My only disappointment, and was partially expecting this, there is no pop and crackle from the exhaust, without the performance exhaust.
Not even is sport+ ?
Old 10-03-2016 | 12:02 AM

C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by damnhotrod
Not even is sport+ ?
Unfortunately not even in sports+! Can anyone else confirm this is normal for the standard exhaust? Has anyone driven a C43 AMG without the performance exhaust and it is popping and crackling?
Old 10-03-2016 | 12:27 AM

C43 Coupe
Unfortunately not even in sports+! Can anyone else confirm this is normal for the standard exhaust? Has anyone driven a C43 AMG without the performance exhaust and it is popping and crackling?
This honestly makes no sense. The c450 makes plenty of pops and crackles in sport+.. It would be unfortunate if they purposely removed it from the standard exhaust on the 43. Btw, congrats on your delivery! The metallic selenite looks fantastic, makes me much happier because I chose that color as well
Old 10-03-2016 | 02:06 AM

C43
For me, the AMG exhaust option is the actually best thing I love about this car. It's absolutely fantastic. It pops when it shifts; and when it doesn't shift, there's a loud, low growl sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43