C43 AMG 2017 Chip Performance ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe 2017
Talking C43 AMG 2017 Chip Performance ECU

Hi guys,

I just bought a new C43 AMG coupe 2017 and want to chip the ECU to increase original HP and Torque, I know there is a lot of Performance shop outside but could you tell me which one is the best quality/price ratio performance kit ? I'm in Montreal and want a DIY kit that I can install myself if possible

regards

Guy
Old 11-07-2016, 04:38 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Hello,

We can offer you the BRABUS ECU kit.
base C43 AMG
+32 kW / 43 hp, +50 Nm to 302 kW / 410 PS, 570 Nm

Plug and Play system and comes with 4 year 50K mile warranty. Please PM us for member special...Thank you!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by morehei65
Hi guys,

I just bought a new C43 AMG coupe 2017 and want to chip the ECU to increase original HP and Torque, I know there is a lot of Performance shop outside but could you tell me which one is the best quality/price ratio performance kit ? I'm in Montreal and want a DIY kit that I can install myself if possible

regards

Guy
I would skip the DIY kit. Even if you don't go with us, the DIY/piggyback solutions are loaded with compromises that you probably don't want. My $0.02, send the ECU to a tuner, or enjoy the car stock.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe 2017
Originally Posted by Speedriven1
I would skip the DIY kit. Even if you don't go with us, the DIY/piggyback solutions are loaded with compromises that you probably don't want. My $0.02, send the ECU to a tuner, or enjoy the car stock.
Thanks for your response Speedriven1, when I say DIY, I mean I want, if possible, a plug and play system like the Barbus one or RaceChip Ultimate or another system ... what do you mean by send the ECU to a Tuner ? I have to remove it from the car and send it to a shop ? how long it takes for that ? I'm in Montreal, Canada and I presume of course that I can't drive my car until that period

please give me some details, improvement ? costs ?

regards

Guy
Old 11-09-2016, 01:34 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Car
Hello Guy,

The BRABUS Plug and Play still retains all your factory functions.

Thank you!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017-C43, 2012-C200
Originally Posted by 3WD
Hello Guy,

The BRABUS Plug and Play still retains all your factory functions.

Thank you!

I am interesting in it. How much is it? Could you send me details (price and photo)? Thank you!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:17 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Car
Originally Posted by fokenny
I am interesting in it. How much is it? Could you send me details (price and photo)? Thank you!
Hello,

Here are the details:

BRABUS PowerXtra B30-410

base C43 AMG
+32 kW / 43 hp, +50 Nm to 302 kW / 410 PS, 570 Nm
Vmax: 280 km/h

Price is $2795.00 shipped. It's a plug and play system. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Hish Id (07-13-2019)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 C63 Coupe
Please note in contacting them directly ( Brabus ) they told me PowerXtra B30-410 requires 98 octane to achieve the results they show and 95+ octane minimum.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:30 AM
3WD
SPONSOR

Car
Originally Posted by roy777
Please note in contacting them directly ( Brabus ) they told me PowerXtra B30-410 requires 98 octane to achieve the results they show and 95+ octane minimum.
Like with any high performance vehicles and tunes, to optimize the maximum performance, higher octane gas is a plus, but not necessary. Higher the octane, easier for combustion. We have customers running on 91 right now for daily usage and switch to 100 octane on car runs/track and the vehicle performs well.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by 3WD
Like with any high performance vehicles and tunes, to optimize the maximum performance, higher octane gas is a plus, but not necessary. Higher the octane, easier for combustion. We have customers running on 91 right now for daily usage and switch to 100 octane on car runs/track and the vehicle performs well.
Sure you can run 91 octane, but your gains will be minimal. I just wish these companies would tune for various octanes and post results for each so that consumers are aware what they're buying into.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:51 AM
3WD
SPONSOR

Car
Originally Posted by roy777
Sure you can run 91 octane, but your gains will be minimal. I just wish these companies would tune for various octanes and post results for each so that consumers are aware what they're buying into.
We agree. Brabus is a global brand, so they build based upon what the world offers. Just the US, we get lower octane gas, kinda crappy.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Hi guys,

regards

Guy
Just giving my 2 cents in here. I personally agree with the previous comment about sending the ECU to get programmed. I am not a fan of piggybacks due to the fact that they are just amplifiers and do not actually perfect anything. When I purchased my C43, I shipped my ECU to AMR Performance in CT and they did a fantastic job with my stage 1 tune. Not only does my car feel amazing, but turn around time was quick and their customer service was second to none. I am sure these other companies are great, but I could not be happier with my AMR tune. The overall gain from stock is remarkable and I believe it is the highest powered stage 1 tune fort his platform if I am not mistaken? Regardless I suggest checking them out! Here is a link for their upgrade for referrence:

http://shop.amrperformance.com/produ...e-ship-in-ecu/

Whatever direction you take post it up! I love seeing what other C43 owners are doing with there cars
The following 3 users liked this post by getmercd:
AMR Performance (02-14-2017), Blacked out E63 (02-15-2017), Gr8 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Thanks for your response Speedriven1, when I say DIY, I mean I want, if possible, a plug and play system like the Barbus one or RaceChip Ultimate or another system ... what do you mean by send the ECU to a Tuner ? I have to remove it from the car and send it to a shop ? how long it takes for that ? I'm in Montreal, Canada and I presume of course that I can't drive my car until that period

please give me some details, improvement ? costs ?

regards

Guy
Removing the ECU is very easy with our car, it took me not even 5 minutes. Before I shipped AMR sent me this removal guide

http://shop.amrperformance.com/2016/...removal-guide/

I overnighted it to them and they had it programmed and shipped out the same day they received it, so my car was only down for 2 days.
The following 2 users liked this post by getmercd:
AMR Performance (02-15-2017), hazza (01-18-2018)
Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
We can help with your tuning too!

We have locations all around the world (including toronto) and we process ECU's the same day we get them!

www.eurocharged.com (or .ca in your case)
Old 02-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Thumbs up

Hi guys,

regards

Guy
Guy,

Congratulations on the purchase!

The C43 AMG is beautiful car and has a lot of potential. As you can see from our customer's on MBWORLD, our youtube channel and our website we are not new to this platform. We have these vehicle's in-house in which we do all of our R&D as well as track testing to ensure reliability and performance.

Our software upgrade (tune) comes with a warranty as well as produces highest horsepower over competitors.

ECU's are programmed and re-shipped same day (if received by 11 a.m. EST).

We also have an DIY ECU removal guide on our website to help you easily remove your ECU.

Please feel free to contact us for further information and do not hesitate to ask us any questions.

Email: sales@amrperformance.com

- Robert

Last edited by AMR Performance; 11-13-2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-14-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
JB1 is what you're looking for.

I've had it on my 450 since June/July and put about 10K km on it.
It has worked flawlessly for me. I can have it on/off in 10 mins including the open hood, lock car for 5 mins before unplugging everything. Just don't try to do it after driving since everything is quite hot in there.

Will you be getting the power of a true tune, of course not, but that is to be expected at a fraction of the cost.

Will you feel a difference? Absolutely.
Stock, everything is too smooth. The car is fast but there is no drama, no push.
With the JB1, you get a bit of push into your seat.

It has gone through summer and winter so far, no issues.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:32 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Can anyone here confirm which tune does and does not eliminate the crackle and pops in S+ for the C43/450? I've heard that a handful of tunes have done so. It's the only thing holding me off on the purchase. That and the 5yr prepaid maint i have with merc that will flash my ECU to stock every year...unless one tuner offers free shipping on retunes...
Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by aimless
JB1 is what you're looking for.

I've had it on my 450 since June/July and put about 10K km on it.
It has worked flawlessly for me. I can have it on/off in 10 mins including the open hood, lock car for 5 mins before unplugging everything. Just don't try to do it after driving since everything is quite hot in there.

Will you be getting the power of a true tune, of course not, but that is to be expected at a fraction of the cost.

Will you feel a difference? Absolutely.
Stock, everything is too smooth. The car is fast but there is no drama, no push.
With the JB1, you get a bit of push into your seat.

It has gone through summer and winter so far, no issues.
Link to jb1?

Why buy a beta?

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 02-15-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Can anyone here confirm which tune does and does not eliminate the crackle and pops in S+ for the C43/450? I've heard that a handful of tunes have done so. It's the only thing holding me off on the purchase. That and the 5yr prepaid maint i have with merc that will flash my ECU to stock every year...unless one tuner offers free shipping on retunes...

Our tune does not eliminate the crackle and pops. We love it to much to get rid of it.

Feel free to email us: sales@amrperformance.com

-Robert
Old 02-15-2017, 01:02 PM

C450
Originally Posted by CFG
Link to jb1?

Why buy a beta?
The JB1 word in my previous post is the link.

I trust the company enough. They've been around long enough in the BMW and then VW world which is where I come from. I haven't come across anything negative to put me off of their products.

Bottom line is, OP asked for a DIY kit which at this point his only option is piggy back. There are no tune at home kits. ECU needs to be removed and sent out which for someone living in Canada means long downtime or expensive shipping costs.

I have been using this for awhile now and put enough KMs on it with 0 issues. I've been to the dealership multiple times as well and I've removed it easily.

Crackles and pops are still there. I run 91 octane. I can switch to map 2 and run 93 if I wanted to.

The unit cost me under $500. How much is that brabus kit?

Last edited by aimless; 02-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:42 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by aimless
The JB1 word in my previous post is the link.

I trust the company enough. They've been around long enough in the BMW and then VW world which is where I come from. I haven't come across anything negative to put me off of their products.

Bottom line is, OP asked for a DIY kit which at this point his only option is piggy back. There are no tune at home kits. ECU needs to be removed and sent out which for someone living in Canada means long downtime or expensive shipping costs.

I have been using this for awhile now and put enough KMs on it with 0 issues. I've been to the dealership multiple times as well and I've removed it easily.

Crackles and pops are still there. I run 91 octane. I can switch to map 2 and run 93 if I wanted to.

The unit cost me under $500. How much is that brabus kit?

That route serves a purpose if you are looking for the absolute cheapest solution (which is totally fine) As far as quality and maximum performance an ECU tune cannot be beat. Also ECU removal is not complicated it takes literally 2 minutes and as I mentioned, my car was only down for 2 days while my computer was getting programmed and shipped. As far as expenses I liked choosing AMR because they pay to overnight the ECU back to you, so you only pay to ship it to them. I know the OP wanted a DIY kit, but it was worth mentioning the options. There is nothing wrong with taking the piggyback route, but just know what you are getting as well as what the other options provide you with in comparison.
The following 2 users liked this post by getmercd:
AMR Performance (02-15-2017), Blacked out E63 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by getmercd
That route serves a purpose if you are looking for the absolute cheapest solution (which is totally fine) As far as quality and maximum performance an ECU tune cannot be beat. Also ECU removal is not complicated it takes literally 2 minutes and as I mentioned, my car was only down for 2 days while my computer was getting programmed and shipped. As far as expenses I liked choosing AMR because they pay to overnight the ECU back to you, so you only pay to ship it to them. I know the OP wanted a DIY kit, but it was worth mentioning the options. There is nothing wrong with taking the piggyback route, but just know what you are getting as well as what the other options provide you with in comparison.
I would agree with this. Well put.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:21 PM

C450
Originally Posted by getmercd
I had full tunes on my previous cars. This is actually the first time I've used a piggyback system and again, quite happy with it for what it is.

Keep in mind there's also the USD/CAD conversion for OP which bumps up the cost quite a bit.

Anyways, to answer OP's question, if you want a piggy back tune, I highly recommend the JB1.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG C43 sedan
Does the stage1 ECU tune affect the warranty of the car?
Do they affect the life span of the engine/car?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ASH_C43
Does the stage1 ECU tune affect the warranty of the car?
Do they affect the life span of the engine/car?
From my experience it does not void warranty. I have gone in for service and updates and have had no issue. I do not know if all tunes are like that or if it is just AMR. Also it does not effect the life of the car because it is running at maximum efficiency. This is why gas mileage increases and so on and so forth because it is running more optimal than the factory file. Again I do not know if other tunes are this way, I just know how mine is set up. When I did my research though, I noticed other companies were just focused on the power number and how much boost they could run. What made me choose AMR is because they look at every aspect of how the car drives and improve it. Just casual cruising feels great and it still makes an immense amount of power lol
The following users liked this post:
ASH_C43 (02-16-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.