2018 C43 buying advice in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X1
Question 2018 C43 buying advice in Canada

Howdy folks, first post here.

I'm a long time BMW owner and was planning on getting another BMW - a 440i coupe or even M4 until I took a C43 coupe for a test drive and was really impressed with it. It would be a great change from BMW and feels like more bang for the buck.

No 2017's are available now in Toronto and so now considering ordeirng a 2018 for a fall delivery (dealer is saying 4-months order lead time).

Question is for MB, what is the advice for optimizing any discounts when pre-ordering? Should I negotiate all upfront or wait until vehicle is ready for final delivery and then seek discount (this is what the sales rep was suggesting).

Cheers!
Old 07-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
2018 C43 Buying advice in Canada

Are you looking for a very specific spec? I would think you could get a much "better deal " on an existing car, I do know of a friend who got a car shipped from Alberta here to Ontario as it seems there are more coupes out west.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:56 PM

BMW X1
Originally Posted by GWSHARK
Are you looking for a very specific spec? I would think you could get a much "better deal " on an existing car, I do know of a friend who got a car shipped from Alberta here to Ontario as it seems there are more coupes out west.
yeah pretty specific in terms of colour (matte grey), drivers package, intelligent drive, night package and premium package and a few other items, but those are the biggies. I'm pretty specific in terms of what I'm looking for, but flexible if need be.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Matte grey was what he was looking for as well, but was told impossible to get, so he settle for Selenite Grey, with Porcelain interior. He looked into getting his car wrapped in a matte grey for about $3k. Just a thought. Good luck with your new purchase and order and let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:36 PM

BMW X1
Originally Posted by GWSHARK
Matte grey was what he was looking for as well, but was told impossible to get, so he settle for Selenite Grey, with Porcelain interior. He looked into getting his car wrapped in a matte grey for about $3k. Just a thought. Good luck with your new purchase and order and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for the info. I've also heard the matte grey is really hard to get, but the dealer felt the 4 month order time was accurate. I will update here on how things proceed.

Im mostly curious if I should preenegotiste a discount before ordering or wait and the discount to see what offers are available from MB in the future closer to arrival.

Last edited by Gary Black; 07-11-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gary Black
Thanks for the info. I've also heard the matte grey is really hard to get, but the dealer felt the 4 month order time was accurate. I will update here on how things proceed.

Im mostly curious if I should preenegotiste a discount before ordering or wait and the discount to see what offers are available from MB in the future closer to arrival.
Hi Gary,

I'd negotiate your deal now, based on current credits and offers. You can always get back on the table negotiating on arrival but it's in your interest to sign a deal now with as low of a number as possible.

Good luck with your new car purchase!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Good on you for wanting to get Magno Selenite Grey! Aside from myself, I think there's only one other C43C owner on here with it. I would definitely prenegotiate. For all intents and purposes, draft up a deal now with the obvious caveat that interest rates, promotions, and residual (if leasing) are still TBD. I had a 3-4 month wait on a custom RDX a few years back and I had everything buttoned up the moment I left the dealership. The residual had fallen by the time I got my car, but so had interest rates. I ended up having installments within 20 bucks of what I had decided I believe.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:42 PM

BMW X1
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Good on you for wanting to get Magno Selenite Grey! Aside from myself, I think there's only one other C43C owner on here with it. I would definitely prenegotiate. For all intents and purposes, draft up a deal now with the obvious caveat that interest rates, promotions, and residual (if leasing) are still TBD. I had a 3-4 month wait on a custom RDX a few years back and I had everything buttoned up the moment I left the dealership. The residual had fallen by the time I got my car, but so had interest rates. I ended up having installments within 20 bucks of what I had decided I believe.
Nice! would love to see a pic of your car! I think the matte grey and the C43 coupe are a great combo. What interior did you go with? That paint goes with all the combos, but I'm leaning black leather with red trim.

Appreciate the advice on the buying strategy for discount. I'm fortunate I can wait the 4 months for a custom delivery as I can get exactly what I want. But I've never gone through that process before, always have bought off the dealers lot.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by Gary Black
Nice! would love to see a pic of your car! I think the matte grey and the C43 coupe are a great combo. What interior did you go with? That paint goes with all the combos, but I'm leaning black leather with red trim.

Appreciate the advice on the buying strategy for discount. I'm fortunate I can wait the 4 months for a custom delivery as I can get exactly what I want. But I've never gone through that process before, always have bought off the dealers lot.

I went with the porcelain interior because I'm extra like that. I usually buy off dealer lots as well...there is a bitter-sweetness to waiting for a car to be built and delivered!
The following users liked this post:
Gary Black (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 11:00 PM

BMW X1
Damn. Looks great! That colour is so good.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 670 Likes on 528 Posts
c
negotiate now.

pre-ordering should not alter your deal in any negative way.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:03 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe

Think I'm the other guy silver is taking about lol... Love the color, get loads of compliments on it. Was a little hesitant to order it, but was definitely the right decision.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:14 AM

BMW X1
Originally Posted by Master-Spud

Think I'm the other guy silver is taking about lol... Love the color, get loads of compliments on it. Was a little hesitant to order it, but was definitely the right decision.
looks awesome! Darker here but I'm guessing the lighting in the garage.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:21 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
That's part of why I love the color depending on lighting it looks very very different. Here's a picture from when I picked it up.

Gary Black (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:42 AM

C43
Hello my new friends: I just became a member here and becoming a new C43 family member.
Currently driving C350 2013 coupe and placed an order 45 days ago for 2018 C43 Cabrio. and delivery date is August 23rd. wohoo so excited.
I did negotiate and deal is done.
Obviously they love to sell 2017 what ever they have. but i guess is worth waiting and getting it the way you want.
My color combination is Black metallic exterior with white porcelain interior and Red roof.
Kevin
Vancouver, BC.

Last edited by //AMG; 07-20-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Hey just wanted to throw in my experience with the 18' C43.

All three major MB dealerships here on Long Island in NY didn't have any 17s left fully loaded. They would all be missing one important thing I wanted, and since I'm buying I didn't want to settle so I opted for the 18 and figured I'd deal with waiting. I went in and custom built a c43 with mango Selenite gray. Unfortunately it wouldn't be available until November. So I just went with black because, well, black benz. Lol. But the dealer is giving me $1000 check as credit for a detailing shop they work close with up the block. I'm going to use it to get either Xpel or Suntek protective film on the car. One thing to keep in mind, if you can't get the mango, you can always get any color you want and get Xpel stealth, or Suntek's matte finish film and it'll turn the paint matte/satin. I'm still not sure if I'm going to leave it gloss black or get the matte/satin put on.

Expecting to take delivery sometime in the middle of September. Build is scheduled for 9/1, cannot wait.
Gary Black (07-23-2017)