Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C450/C43 AMG
C43 performance exhaust noise level in Comfort or ECO mode >

C43 performance exhaust noise level in Comfort or ECO mode

Notices
C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 performance exhaust noise level in Comfort or ECO mode

 
Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
C43 performance exhaust noise level in Comfort or ECO mode

Hi All,

Currently we have a C300 4matic and we are planning to get a C43 with performance exhaust (getting it a excellent lease price). This car would be used by me and my wife (primarily by her. She drives 60 miles each day to work in bumper to bumper traffic). Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to test drive the performance exhaust vehicle but i drove a C43 with the standard exhaust.

When driving the standard exhaust vehicle in comfort and Eco mode the exhaust didn't make no noise and i felt the experience similar to driving our C300. However the exhaust opened up a little when i changed it to the sport+ mode.

My question is how much noise will a performance exhaust produce in Eco or Comfort mode? Since we are both planning to drive the car and she drives it as her primary vehicle, i wouldn't want to her to experience any noise level during her commute to work. Based on the feedback i will go with a regular or performance exhaust.
jc2018 is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oklahoma USA
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
No sweat

you can of course test drive the 43 but my experience is in comfort setting the exhaust dampers are closed and it’s quite sedate no diff from no performance exhaust.
J**2 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jc2018 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
unr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 562
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
.
It’s quiet. The startup will have a rumble but when you’re driving in eco or comfort the exhaust is not loud at all.
unr1 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jc2018 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 PM
  #4  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 W205 C300 4-Matic
Hijacking but, it you don’t mind what is the lease deal you have negotiated? I am working on a lease as well and it is tough to find a lot of comparison data.
RonA13 is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
Currently i am getting it for $510 without MSD's and there is still room for negotiation. If the dealer can decrease the selling price much further i can get it for $480. It being the end of month i am hopeful they can come down to the price that i am looking for.
jc2018 is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:03 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 455
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
GLC43, S350, 535GT, 740IL
Originally Posted by jc2018 View Post
Hi All,

Currently we have a C300 4matic and we are planning to get a C43 with performance exhaust (getting it a excellent lease price). This car would be used by me and my wife (primarily by her. She drives 60 miles each day to work in bumper to bumper traffic). Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to test drive the performance exhaust vehicle but i drove a C43 with the standard exhaust.

When driving the standard exhaust vehicle in comfort and Eco mode the exhaust didn't make no noise and i felt the experience similar to driving our C300. However the exhaust opened up a little when i changed it to the sport+ mode.

My question is how much noise will a performance exhaust produce in Eco or Comfort mode? Since we are both planning to drive the car and she drives it as her primary vehicle, i wouldn't want to her to experience any noise level during her commute to work. Based on the feedback i will go with a regular or performance exhaust.

The exhaust button can be turned on or off. in low rpms with the exhaust button off, it wont sound like anything. The car will be basically silent in eco mode and low rpms even if the exhaust button IS on.
waisoserious is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jc2018 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 02:22 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Star4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 847
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
c43 with pe exhaust is very quiet in eco comfort and sport. sport plus is only time it opens valves and you will get drone if left open on highway. But with valves closed you wouldnt even know you have power. it is a must have option.
Star4life is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Star4life:
AMG C43 3LV6 (06-21-2018), jc2018 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 525
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
That's the beauty of valve-tronic. Don't get the car without the PE.
threefirs is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by threefirs:
AMG C43 3LV6 (06-21-2018), jc2018 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 11:21 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
AMG C43 3LV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 488
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by threefirs View Post
That's the beauty of valve-tronic. Don't get the car without the PE.
+1

From every Youtube review I have read, its a catastrophic mistake of biblical proportions to get a C43 without the PE.

Might as well have just purchased the c300.
AMG C43 3LV6 is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:32 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oklahoma USA
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
Get the exhaust

As one who has driven c43 with and without the PE I second the motion. Get the performance exhaust. Otherwise you will be really sorry.
J**2 is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 07:03 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Snarfalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 165
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I disagree. In eco and comfort mode there is a noticable increase in sound when you manually activate the performance exhaust. You can hear the difference in the cabin and outside. In eco or comfort the engine is quiet as it should be, but there is no doubt that combining those two modes with the activated PE gives off a sportier sound. RPM stay lower and there is less drone, but the there is a difference for sure.

However, once you get to Sport the sound with PE escalates significantly and with Sport + the sound is enough to draw serious attention on the road, for better or for worse.

I tend to open the PE exhaust in comfort and eco for some additional note from the engine.

But for the perf exhaust, there is no reason to just not get a C300.
Snarfalus is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:26 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oklahoma USA
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
Originally Posted by Snarfalus View Post
I disagree. In eco and comfort mode there is a noticable increase in sound when you manually activate the performance exhaust. You can hear the difference in the cabin and outside. In eco or comfort the engine is quiet as it should be, but there is no doubt that combining those two modes with the activated PE gives off a sportier sound. RPM stay lower and there is less drone, but the there is a difference for sure.

However, once you get to Sport the sound with PE escalates significantly and with Sport + the sound is enough to draw serious attention on the road, for better or for worse.

I tend to open the PE exhaust in comfort and eco for some additional note from the engine.

But for the perf exhaust, there is no reason to just not get a C300.
my interpretation of the original question is what is the effect of having PE off in comfort in a car equipped with PE. In that situation the exhaust is just as quiet as a car without PE. Certainly if activated there is more noise. Equipping the car with PE you can have the best of both worlds quiet when you wish and noisy when you wish.

You can even use individual mode and turn on all the sport features if you wish except exhaust.
J**2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 11:08 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Snarfalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 165
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I think with PE off the car is quieter than a C300 which has a tinny sound. What sound is there is deeper in tone but yes it is very quiet with PE off. I call if the “cloaking device” button.
Snarfalus is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 performance exhaust noise level in Comfort or ECO mode


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: