San Diego Body Shop Preferences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 03:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
San Diego Body Shop Preferences

Hi all,

I got great feedback regarding which dashcam to use in another thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7584320). However, it looks like I am going to need to have it professionally installed. Is anyone here from San Diego? If so, what shop do you use for work on your car? Obviously, I am super concerned about damage to the vehicle during install or anything that may void a warranty, so I want a place that has done credible work on C43's before.

Thanks, in advance, for any help/references you can provide.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by Cirvin
Hi all,

I got great feedback regarding which dashcam to use in another thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7584320). However, it looks like I am going to need to have it professionally installed. Is anyone here from San Diego? If so, what shop do you use for work on your car? Obviously, I am super concerned about damage to the vehicle during install or anything that may void a warranty, so I want a place that has done credible work on C43's before.

Thanks, in advance, for any help/references you can provide.
Amato's auto body in Sorrento valley is a great Body shop if you need body work on the car . To install you dashcam you may want to go to a auto electricien !

Last edited by lanoipat; 10-25-2018 at 12:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cirvin (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Yeah the best bet would be the sort of place that does sound systems, aftermarket navigation etc

It really is hard to go wrong when installing a dash can though.

Last edited by ShakyTom; 10-25-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Cirvin (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 PM

C43
Originally Posted by lanoipat
Amato's auto body in Sorrento valley is a great Body shop if you need body work on the car . To install you dashcam you may want to go to a auto electricien !
Thanks. Do you happen to know any good auto electricians in San Diego?
Old 10-25-2018, 05:00 PM

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
try yelp or Google map search
Old 10-25-2018, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
You'd be better served going to a car audio shop. What you're looking to accomplish is not terribly complicated at all. There's a very detailed DIY in the How-To section at the top of the MBWorld landing page. You could definitely do this yourself, or bring this DIY to whatever shop you choose to use as a guide.

https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...ash-cam-384227

Google should serve you well...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=car+audio+install+san+diego
Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM

C43
Originally Posted by netboy
try yelp or Google map search
Thanks. I know I could use Yelp or Google Maps to find one. I'd rather use a place recommended by someone who owns the same car as me. The odds of finding a review on one of those sites by a person who owns the same car as me are slim, compared to here. Also, a lot of places' ratings are skewed because they ask people to give them 5 stars in exchange for something extra. So, for example, Mike may give a place a 5-star review for installing an average job done installing an audio system on a car he doesn't care about in exchange for a free set of headphones. At least here, I know I'd be getting an honest referral.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:42 PM

C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
You'd be better served going to a car audio shop. What you're looking to accomplish is not terribly complicated at all. There's a very detailed DIY in the How-To section at the top of the MBWorld landing page. You could definitely do this yourself, or bring this DIY to whatever shop you choose to use as a guide.

https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...ash-cam-384227

Google should serve you well...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=car+audio+install+san+diego
Why the passive aggression (let me google this for you)? I'm not handy enough to risk damaging my car, even if there are install instructions. I wouldn't want someone trying something for their first time on my car, would you? This is why the title of my thread wasn't "How do I install a dashcam?" Rather, the thread is seeking a referral because I don't trust myself to do it alone.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
I had never taken a bumper off a car before, but did it for first time on my C43 to replace the front grille and then again to replace the rear diffuser and tailpipes.

The tools and guides are certainly out there to do pretty much anything, even if you are not from a mechanical background (which I am certainly not!).

What you are trying to achieve really isn't very difficult as you can achieve a relatively clean install by simply sliding or pushing the wiring behind trim without removing it.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
Why the passive aggression (let me google this for you)? I'm not handy enough to risk damaging my car, even if there are install instructions. I wouldn't want someone trying something for their first time on my car, would you? This is why the title of my thread wasn't "How do I install a dashcam?" Rather, the thread is seeking a referral because I don't trust myself to do it alone.
Call it living up to my name. I read your post 3 days ago and didn't see any traction to a meaningful resolution for you. I simply offered additional information as your "obvious" need to get professional installation wasn't so obvious to me. I offered up the DIY and suggested the job doesn't deserve the worry you're giving it. No significant panels need to be removed, no risky wiring. The simplicity of the job doesn't require a "tip of the spear" level shop. The top search results of a simple Google search should suffice. Pick one convenient to you and go talk to them.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:33 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Thanks. Do you happen to know any good auto electricians in San Diego?
I never used them for installing electronic goodies but they installed window film on 3 of my car
They sale alarms,speakers,backup camera ..... so I am sure they will do a camera
It's TINT WORLD on Miramar road off 805
Check their rating ,it's pretty good .
Cirvin (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 11:52 AM

C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3

Call it living up to my name. I read your post 3 days ago and didn't see any traction to a meaningful resolution for you. I simply offered additional information as your "obvious" need to get professional installation wasn't so obvious to me. I offered up the DIY and suggested the job doesn't deserve the worry you're giving it. No significant panels need to be removed, no risky wiring. The simplicity of the job doesn't require a "tip of the spear" level shop. The top search results of a simple Google search should suffice. Pick one convenient to you and go talk to them.
This is the last time I will comment on this, but let's be real here. You weren't "simply" offering additional information. If your post was merely intended to offer additional information, you would have stopped at the end of your first paragraph and link. The inclusion of a letmegooglethisforyou link is nothing more than you being a jerk for no reason. Cool, man.

Nowhere in my original post did I ask for a tip of the spear shop. I asked for a recommendation from a fellow C43 owner - not how to find one on google, not a yelp review, not a DIY guide.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
There are hundreds of needless threads in here (and every forum) with questions that could be answered with a superficial google search and some critical thinking. You didn't give any specifics on your location in SD...what if someone gave you a recommendation an hour across town when the shop down the street could've done the same job? That'd be a waste of time and effort in my book. I offered an alternate perspective. If you wanna get all bent out of shape over some forum sarcasm, by all means...live your best life!