Sponsored by:

Ordered Car; How long?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C63
Ordered Car; How long?

I just ordered my new c43. How long does it take from ordering to door?
Old 04-17-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
What did the dealer say you ordered it from?
Old 04-17-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2016 BMW M235xi (gone)
If the dealer has an allocation or a production slot for the car, he/she should be able to tell you what the ETA is. If they do not have an allocation, there is no way to tell.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:33 PM

2019 C63
I have the dealership name, the A4, the code, the decade scheduled, the prod date, the baumuster, and some code.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:34 PM

2019 C63
Originally Posted by Steelguin
What did the dealer say you ordered it from?
what's that mean?
Old 04-17-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Ryan P
what's that mean?
it means... You said you just ordered your C43. I never ordered one I got lucky and got what I wanted off the lot.

So I assume you ordered it at a Benz dealer?
If so, I further assume you would have asked the dealer how long it will take to get the car.

I realize thats a lot of assumptions.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 PM

2019 C63
Originally Posted by Steelguin
it means... You said you just ordered your C43. I never ordered one I got lucky and got what I wanted off the lot.

So I assume you ordered it at a Benz dealer?
If so, I further assume you would have asked the dealer how long it will take to get the car.

I realize thats a lot of assumptions.
yeah I didnt find the car I wanted nationwide so I had to order. The dealer said 6-8 weeks but I heard it might be earlier.
Can I see pics of your car?
Old 04-17-2019, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,434 Posts
2019 C63CS
Depends on several factors. The decade scheduled will tell you when the car is scheduled to be produced. It's a month and the week of that month. That doesn't mean that production will actually commence during that week. It could be delayed for various reasons. For reference, my C63S coupe was schedule for third week of January and the final production complete date ended up being Feb 18. The next steps depend on whether you ordered the coupe or the sedan. The coupe is made in Germany, so it will have to be transported to the port, allocated to a vessel, loaded, travel the ocean, unloaded in the USA, go through customs, then the VPC, then transported to the dealership. MB says shipping from Germany to your Dealership can take up to 11 weeks for the East Coast and 13 weeks for the West Coast. If you ordered the sedan, then it is made in Alabama. It won't have to go through customs, but it still goes through the VPC. Not sure what the typical timeframe is from factory to VPC to dealership. Once in a while, a sedan for the USA is made in South Africa. In that case it will again have to be loaded on a ship first and delivered to the USA etc.

Unfortunately, there can be delays and holds at various points throughout the process. At best you can get a best case estimate. The dealership can update you with the status of your order, but they ultimately have no control over when it will finally show up at your dealership.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-17-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:37 PM

2019 C63
Originally Posted by superswiss
Depends on several factors. The decade scheduled will tell you when the car is scheduled to be produced. It's a month and the week of that month. That doesn't mean that production will actually commence during that week. It could be delayed for various reasons. For reference, my C63S coupe was schedule for third week of January and the final production complete date ended up being Feb 18. The next steps depend on whether you ordered the coupe or the sedan. The coupe is made in Germany, so it will have to be transported to the port, allocated to a vessel, loaded, travel the ocean, unloaded in the USA, go through customs, then the VPC, then transported to the dealership. MB says shipping from Germany to your Dealership can take up to 11 weeks for the East Coast and 13 weeks for the West Coast. If you ordered the sedan, then it is made in Alabama. It won't have to go through customs, but it still goes through the VPC. Not sure what the typical timeframe is from factory to VPC to dealership. Once in a while, a sedan for the USA is made in South Africa. In that case it will again have to be loaded on a ship first and delivered to the USA etc.

Unfortunately, there can be delays and holds at various points throughout the process. At best you can get a best case estimate. The dealership can update you with the status of your order, but they ultimately have no control over when it will finally show up at your dealership.
mines says 19/06-3

but I ordered a sedan so its from Alabama. But based off what youre saying instead of getting my car in 6-8 weeks
they only will build in 11 weeks from the day I ordered it and ill get it probably 13 weeks in. That sounds highly unlikely and way too delayed
Old 04-17-2019, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
mines says 19/06-3

but I ordered a sedan so its from Alabama. But based off what youre saying instead of getting my car in 6-8 weeks
they only will build in 11 weeks from the day I ordered it and ill get it probably 13 weeks in. That sounds highly unlikely and way too delayed
Yes that would be third week of June production. Is it a 2020 or still a 2019? I've heard 2019 orders are sold out and 2020 production doesn't start until June if I remember correctly
Old 04-18-2019, 02:48 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
No, not the 3rd week but the 3rd decade (10 days), so anywhere from the 21st to the 30th of June.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:06 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe

How long did it take to receive your c63s once it was built? Did it take 11 weeks?
I ask because I ordered a c43 coupe which is also slated to be built the first decade of June. However I was told it was only about a month after that for it to be delivered.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
How long did it take to receive your c63s once it was built? Did it take 11 weeks?
I ask because I ordered a c43 coupe which is also slated to be built the first decade of June. However I was told it was only about a month after that for it to be delivered.
I have not received it yet. I'm doing European Delivery. The car is currently waiting for me in Germany and I'm picking it up in about 2.5 weeks. I will then drop it off at the port in Bremerhaven at the end of June and I will find out how long it takes before I get reunited with it. There are several of us who've been waiting on their C63S for months. They were waiting to be produced and then sitting at the port seemingly not making any progress. They can easily sit at the port in Germany for several weeks before they get even loaded on a vessel. I ordered mine at the beginning of November, but I deliberately requested delivery at the beginning of May, so my timeline is not typical. I ordered way earlier than I had to. However, some were waiting for 6+ months. Just a word of caution, if these June builds are 2020 model years already, don't expect to see them before September. The 2020 model year has to be officially released first. That requires EPA certification and MB to release them once existing 2019 inventory is low enough. The 2019 model year was not released until January, but that's unusually late because of the face lift. More typical releases of the next model year are around September. So if you ordered a 2020 it might get built in June, but it will sit at the VPC until the new model year has been released. Lots of 2019 sedans were sitting at the VPC for months before finally getting delivered to customers.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-18-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
about 3 months. I'd expect July delivery. But it could easily be longer than that since it will be a 2020 and they haven't started building them yet
The following users liked this post:
PFEAMG (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
I just ordered my new c43. How long does it take from ordering to door?
Each order varies, but in my case I ordered my '19 sedan on July 10, 2018, it was built on Nov. 18th, 2018 and it arrived at my dealer on Dec. 13th, 2018
Old 04-18-2019, 08:51 AM

2019 C63
I have not received it yet. I'm doing European Delivery. The car is currently waiting for me in Germany and I'm picking it up in about 2.5 weeks. I will then drop it off at the port in Bremerhaven at the end of June and I will find out how long it takes before I get reunited with it. There are several of us who've been waiting on their C63S for months. They were waiting to be produced and then sitting at the port seemingly not making any progress. They can easily sit at the port in Germany for several weeks before they get even loaded on a vessel. I ordered mine at the beginning of November, but I deliberately requested delivery at the beginning of May, so my timeline is not typical. I ordered way earlier than I had to. However, some were waiting for 6+ months. Just a word of caution, if these June builds are 2020 model years already, don't expect to see them before September. The 2020 model year has to be officially released first. That requires EPA certification and MB to release them once existing 2019 inventory is low enough. The 2019 model year was not released until January, but that's unusually late because of the face lift. More typical releases of the next model year are around September. So if you ordered a 2020 it might get built in June, but it will sit at the VPC until the new model year has been released. Lots of 2019 sedans were sitting at the VPC for months before finally getting delivered to customers.
mines says 2019. Based off what everyone is saying, I wont be getting my car earlier than that I assume. My friend dealer keeps telling me that the decade date means nothing. Sometimes they will deliver it earlier than that and I shoulsnt worry. Holy ****. I cant imagine waiting until JULY for my car to arrive. My friends already got their new cars Q50Rs and q60rs lmao
Old 04-18-2019, 09:36 AM

I'd check with your dealer. People on here have been told that 2019 production slots have been unavailable for months. I'd be very surprised if you got a 2019 new build. At this point, it would almost surely be a 2020. But the best thing to do it to just ask your dealer. They will have the best information about your specific order. Everything on here is just conjecture.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:02 AM

2019 C63
Originally Posted by merlin3008
I'd check with your dealer. People on here have been told that 2019 production slots have been unavailable for months. I'd be very surprised if you got a 2019 new build. At this point, it would almost surely be a 2020. But the best thing to do it to just ask your dealer. They will have the best information about your specific order. Everything on here is just conjecture.
ill ask, but still. If its actually 2019, which is possible since the 19s came out only in the beginning of the year, why is it taking so long?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:09 AM

As mentioned earlier, 2019 was an atypical release. Many cars were produced in the third and fourth quarters of 2018 and then put into storage at the VPC pending EPA certification. There were also other logistical challenges including many cars that were put into an off site lot and essentially not accessible to transporters. Under normal circumstances, a 2020 model could be produced in June or July of 2019, and then could wait at the VPC until September of October pending the release of the new model year. In any case, I would ask your dealer to specify what model year your car will be and what the anticipated delivery date is.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:22 AM

2019 C63
As mentioned earlier, 2019 was an atypical release. Many cars were produced in the third and fourth quarters of 2018 and then put into storage at the VPC pending EPA certification. There were also other logistical challenges including many cars that were put into an off site lot and essentially not accessible to transporters. Under normal circumstances, a 2020 model could be produced in June or July of 2019, and then could wait at the VPC until September of October pending the release of the new model year. In any case, I would ask your dealer to specify what model year your car will be and what the anticipated delivery date is.
so even though it says 2019 all over the invoice, youre saying it can still be a 2020 ?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM

What I'm saying is that according to other threads on the forum, buyers that are currently placing orders are begin assigned production slots for 2020 cars. They are being told that there are no longer 2019 slots available. As a result, I find it unlikely that your dealer has a June production allocation for a 2019. I could be wrong, but it seems very very unlikely. What exactly kind of paperwork do you have? Is it just a bill from the dealer? Is there a Mercedes order or production number?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:31 AM

2019 C63
What I'm saying is that according to other threads on the forum, buyers that are currently placing orders are begin assigned production slots for 2020 cars. They are being told that there are no longer 2019 slots available. As a result, I find it unlikely that your dealer has a June production allocation for a 2019. I could be wrong, but it seems very very unlikely. What exactly kind of paperwork do you have? Is it just a bill from the dealer? Is there a Mercedes order or production number?
basically has some code, decade scheduled , decade production, and year of the car, along with the invoice.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
basically has some code, decade scheduled , decade production, and year of the car, along with the invoice.
That may just be what the dealership entered and the system spits out by default. The factory ultimately has to accept and schedule the order. Until the factory says what MY it's going to be, you don't really know. As others have said, in all likelihood such a late June production build is most likely going to be a 2020. If that's the case, there are some new options that you might wanna look into. For example the AMG Drive Unit is now going to be an option for the C43.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Wow that's awesome superswiss...regarding the European Delivery! Also congrats on the new ride ...truly a fantastic car!

Yeah, in my case I ordered a 2019 a month ago on March 20th. I just made the window for the 2019's according to my dealer...the next few days it was closed.

I have heard by two different dealers that that the c63's were actually taking 9-12 months to be built/delivered. So your timing seems consistent unfortunately.

Hoping mine does not take that long though or I will may end up committed LOL!

Looking forward to pics of your new ride once you get it!
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 12:48 PM

2019 C63
That may just be what the dealership entered and the system spits out by default. The factory ultimately has to accept and schedule the order. Until the factory says what MY it's going to be, you don't really know. As others have said, in all likelihood such a late June production build is most likely going to be a 2020. If that's the case, there are some new options that you might wanna look into. For example the AMG Drive Unit is now going to be an option for the C43.
...I ordered it under the 2019 model year hence why I had to choose from the 2019 options... so hence why I dont think they can send me a 2020 considering it might add/remove 2019 options

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered Car; How long?