Sponsored by:

2016 C450 AMG turbo upgrade project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 06:09 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by munis
I thought it was already established that logic was something that was not being applied here. Logically this entire build does not make sense. After spending all this money, this car will still get whacked by a stock C63s from roll. That is if nothing else fails, which is pipe dream at the moment. Logic dictates that it is a far better choice to just get a C63s instead.

To each their own to be honest. People like spending money as they see fit.
Or maybe a GLC63S if you want the V8 Bi turbo power with awd .
The following 2 users liked this post by AhEmGee:
Herrerrera (06-05-2021), Hrd_workin (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:48 PM

Received 184 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450AMG sedan
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
You live in Katy, right? Why go through the pain of shipping your car to AMR when EC is down the street from you and capable of doing the work?
Hey buddy, thanks for the post, as you recall from a previous thread you posted in; you had read my response with regards to EC down in Houston and getting burned and how then I came across AMR.
I know right, too bad they don’t have a shop in DFW.
Things happen for a reason I suppose; found a nice place here in Dallas.
JP Euro- Jason and Patrick very professional with regards to communication and experience working on aftermarket upgrades to exotics.

Last edited by Hrd_workin; 10-04-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:07 PM

UPDATE:
Update:
Thanks to Jason & Patrick over at JP Euro, very professional!
B service, NGK plugs and tranny service along with the Weistec tranny pan, and VTA’s installed.
Ultraracing full bar setup gets put in tomorrow. Will post pics as well.
Have a great weekend!

Stock pan versus Weistec 722.9 tranny pan

VTA’s installled

New tranny pan bolts right up. It does fit!
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by munis
I thought it was already established that logic was something that was not being applied here. Logically this entire build does not make sense. After spending all this money, this car will still get whacked by a stock C63s from roll. That is if nothing else fails, which is pipe dream at the moment. Logic dictates that it is a far better choice to just get a C63s instead.

To each their own to be honest. People like spending money as they see fit.
I hear you brother, always a valid point. As stated earlier, it does defy logic to be the best in class.
Lots of members here have C450/C43’s that are moded for what ever reason but to their own. That’s the beauty of it; enjoying the build as this is my first Merc, learning about the ride, and its challenges of going where most have not gone at all (or just say they do) is the reward.
Having read your posts as well as others I appreciate the constructive contributions you and others have to this forum. Starting to look for my second project of scooping up an older E63S. A sweet 2012 black one was on the market board already with a blower but got scooped up before I’d seen it. No rush, all the time in the world.
It’s the journey that keeps life fun; as well as it’s destination.
Have a great weekend.
The following 5 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
b6tbfmp (10-04-2019), lindigj (10-05-2019), sbradleyhall (03-02-2021), TWINTURBOS (10-12-2020), xX G Xx (10-10-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by Hrd_workin
I hear you brother, always a valid point. As stated earlier, it does defy logic to be the best in class.
Lots of members here have C450/C43’s that are moded for what ever reason but to their own. That’s the beauty of it; enjoying the build as this is my first Merc, learning about the ride, and its challenges of going where most have not gone at all (or just say they do) is the reward.
Having read your posts as well as others I appreciate the constructive contributions you and others have to this forum. Starting to look for my second project of scooping up an older E63S. A sweet 2012 black one was on the market board already with a blower but got scooped up before I’d seen it. No rush, all the time in the world.
Have a great weekend.

I totally agree with you, it’s not about the money, it’s about the journey and the process. Where’s the fun when we have to be totally practical about costs? It’s never practical if we’re passionate about something. If we where practical we’d all be driving Priuses and not hang out on an Internet forum discussing mods. Personally, I hoard different brands of intakes, exhausts, tuning boxes, spring sets and other hop up parts whenever I can get access to them for a particular car and sometimes I’ve driven that car a couple of years and I’ve still not even tried some of those parts out! It’s probably a sickness!
The following 4 users liked this post by TModelle:
b6tbfmp (10-04-2019), Hrd_workin (10-04-2019), TWINTURBOS (10-12-2020), xX G Xx (10-10-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by TModelle
I totally agree with you, it’s not about the money, it’s about the journey and the process. Where’s the fun when we have to be totally practical about costs? It’s never practical if we’re passionate about something. If we where practical we’d all be driving Priuses and not hang out on an Internet forum discussing mods. Personally, I hoard different brands of intakes, exhausts, tuning boxes, spring sets and other hop up parts whenever I can get access to them for a particular car and sometimes I’ve driven that car a couple of years and I’ve still not even tried some of those parts out! It’s probably a sickness!
Yep! Some may say an “impractical sickness” but it’s another mans “happy place” like me...spending 45 solid minutes at Walmart today reading (I’m a slow reader) every bottle of wax/detailing product and it’s description while the wife and kids shop 😂 🤣
Old 10-04-2019, 10:29 PM

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts
09 SL500, 03 E320 CDI Wagon
@Hrd_workin

What I like about your project, is that you have set your self a goal, and you do it, because it can be done. Money is a secondary issue, you set the goal over that, and find the joy in pulling the build through. I like what you are doing, and I like your serious approach to the project. No cutting corners, just the best, no compromises, only letting the best parts for the purpose rule the project. What I have seen until now impresses me, and I can't wait to see the finished project.

You do as you wish, and we, the community, are not to tell you what to do, we can only advise you, helping you get the best result, upon your request.

Happy wrenching.

Last edited by SLcharge; 10-04-2019 at 10:34 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SLcharge:
b6tbfmp (10-05-2019), Hrd_workin (10-05-2019), xX G Xx (10-10-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
c450
Have a great weekend.
Love your attitude, dude. Keep it up and have fun with that ride!

I’m in DFW as well, maybe I will get a chance to see this thing when you are further along
The following 2 users liked this post by lindigj:
b6tbfmp (10-05-2019), Hrd_workin (10-05-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by SLcharge
@Hrd_workin

What I like about your project, is that you have set your self a goal, and you do it, because it can be done. Money is a secondary issue, you set the goal over that, and find the joy in pulling the build through. I like what you are doing, and I like your serious approach to the project. No cutting corners, just the best, no compromises, only letting the best parts for the purpose rule the project. What I have seen until now impresses me, and I can't wait to see the finished project.

You do as you wish, and we, the community, are not to tell you what to do, we can only advise you, helping you get the best result, upon your request.

Happy wrenching.
Appreciate the feedback brother and always the constant sharing of knowledge. 😁👍
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by lindigj
Love your attitude, dude. Keep it up and have fun with that ride!

I’m in DFW as well, maybe I will get a chance to see this thing when you are further along
For sure, it’s a small world and thank you. Would be cool to see a DFW meetup at a dealership on a “cooler” Texas day or something like that. Lots of great rides around.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM

Ultraracing full chassis bar system installed!

Special thanks again to Jason and Peter at JP Euro.

Initial positive reaction:

After installing these a whole new ride feel in sport+ mode. Have H&R springs and 19” TSW Mallory and Pilot sport 4s’s.

You can really “feel the road” with enhanced vehicle responsiveness.

Got it up to 80mph on the freeway and took off ramps with a significant curve around 40-45 mph. Vehicle is very rigid and didn’t feel any body roll at all. Car track very nicely into the turn and coming out of the apex on the freeway changeover.

Initial negative reaction:

Spoke with JP Euro, since the car chassis is all tied together and is now very ridged; it flexes less allowing the suspension to be more efficient. In 1st gear at 2500rpm noticed some reverberation that can be noticed by slight seat vibration.

Other than this mild “vibration issue” so far really enjoy the higher overall “track car” responsiveness that this product creates.

Ultraracing middle lower bar

Ultraracing 4point middle bar

Ultraracing lower front side bar

Ultraracing 4point lower front bar

Ultraracing rear lower bar

Ultraracing front upper strut bars
The following 3 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
b6tbfmp (10-06-2019), TWINTURBOS (10-12-2020), xX G Xx (10-07-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Initial negative reaction:

Spoke with JP Euro, since the car chassis is all tied together and is now very ridged; it flexes less allowing the suspension to be more efficient. In 1st gear at 2500rpm noticed some reverberation that can be noticed by slight seat vibration.

Other than this mild “vibration issue” so far really enjoy the higher overall “track car” responsiveness that this product creates.
The vibration you feel is due to the exhaust center muffler pipes and clamps rubbing against the Ultra Racing center brace.
Hrd_workin (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 03:20 AM

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts
09 SL500, 03 E320 CDI Wagon
Now that you are doing sooo much to stiffen up the car's chassis, if you want to go further down that road, a roll cage do stiffen a lot, and besides that provides extra protection, in case you roll over, or get hit by a another car.

I know it is very visible, and not everybody's cop of Coffey, but a roll cage has save my life several times.
Hrd_workin (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 12:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63s amg
How effective is it? What kind of change is it bringing?

[font][font][QUOTE = Hrd_workin; 7868844]希望每個人的一周進展順利。[/font][/font]
[font][font]終於有一些時間可以繼續該項目。[/font][/font]
[font][font]剛剛安裝了帶有碳纖維支撐桿的定制碳纖維分離器。[/font][font](沖洗後不久,圖片會出來😂)[/font][/font]
[font][font]高端性能是定制JE桿和4340活塞的規格。[/font][/font]
[font][font]獲得了我的weistec VTA和weistec 722.9升級的變性鍋以及一組新的NGK插頭。[/font][/font]
[font][font]希望得到所有這些,並在周五安裝Ultra Racing全套的起落架桿。[/font][/font]

[font][font]這是[/font][/font]

[font][font]Red VTA的[/font][/font][font][font]一些圖片[/font][font]。[/font][/font]

[font][font]Weistec 722.9升級了Tranny鍋。[/font][font]較大的體積和散熱片可進行額外的冷卻。[/font][font]單獨的排水塞和填充塞[/font][/font]

[font][font]Weistec 722.9升級了變性鍋。[/font][font]較大的體積和擋板[/font][/font][font][font] [/ QUOTE][/font][/font]
Old 10-07-2019, 12:56 PM

C63s amg
Very much appreciate your upgrade goals

I also bought weissec 722.9
I hope to see you share more! 👍👍👍👍
Hrd_workin (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 03:53 PM

The vibration you feel is due to the exhaust center muffler pipes and clamps rubbing against the Ultra Racing center brace.
Thanks TModelle!
That was my suspicion but didn’t see that. I’ll have to figure something out. Possibly place a dense high temp rubber sleeve around the brace section in that area
Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by SLcharge
Now that you are doing sooo much to stiffen up the car's chassis, if you want to go further down that road, a roll cage do stiffen a lot, and besides that provides extra protection, in case you roll over, or get hit by a another car.

I know it is very visible, and not everybody's cop of Coffey, but a roll cage has save my life several times.
Pretty nice idea, thanks!
Your right though not sure if I am ready yet to go there.
Will day dream it for sure though 😁
Old 10-08-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Harry Wu
[QUOTE = Hrd_workin; 7868844]希望每個人的一周進展順利。
終於有一些時間可以繼續該項目。
剛剛安裝了帶有碳纖維支撐桿的定制碳纖維分離器。(沖洗後不久,圖片會出來😂)
高端性能是定制JE桿和4340活塞的規格。
獲得了我的weistec VTA和weistec 722.9升級的變性鍋以及一組新的NGK插頭。
希望得到所有這些,並在周五安裝Ultra Racing全套的起落架桿。

這是

Red VTA的一些圖片

Weistec 722.9升級了Tranny鍋。較大的體積和散熱片可進行額外的冷卻。單獨的排水塞和填充塞

Weistec 722.9升級了變性鍋。較大的體積和擋板 [/ QUOTE]
Hello Harry, thanks for the post.
For me a fairly big positive change. It surprised me how responsive the car now feels going into turns and out of corners. As I understand stiffening up the chassis really allows the suspension to works its magic which then translates to being able to “feel the road more” ie a more responsive ride and handling has greatly improved.
Other than the mild vibration which after the suspension settled in; has all but become unnoticeable.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:16 AM

I know it’s not for everyone; but realized I hadn’t posted a pic of the carbon fiber front splitter and support rods I installed.
Just idling by; while T.P.E makes the rods and pistons 😆

The following 2 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
b6tbfmp (10-11-2019), SLcharge (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 07:19 AM

C63s amg
Weistec 227.9

Have you completed the upgrade of the forged piston and the rod?
Can share the benefits!
Hrd_workin (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 07:22 AM

C63s amg
JEThe price of the pole!

I am very interested in the rod and the piston! I want to see your sharing!
For paying the price! Value is not worth it?
Hrd_workin (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Harry Wu
I am very interested in the rod and the piston! I want to see your sharing!
For paying the price! Value is not worth it?
Hey Harry,
Yes, rods and pistons are being made as we speak by Steve over at Top End Performance.
Process will take about four weeks. Once I get them back will definitely post pics.
From there they most likey will go over to JP Euro to be installed.
Stay tuned and thanks for the comments.
b6tbfmp (10-11-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 01:03 AM

Hey TModelle
Question, saw you all discussing the new MST air intake and you had mentioned you had installed one. In your all’s opinion with this project would it help as well? Currently have the stock air box with a drop in BMS filters.
Appreciate any feedback on wether to upgrade to the MST CAI. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2019, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Hey TModelle
Question, saw you all discussing the new MST air intake and you had mentioned you had installed one. In your all’s opinion with this project would it help as well? Currently have the stock air box with a drop in BMS filters.
Appreciate any feedback on wether to upgrade to the MST CAI. Thanks!
After installing the MST intake, I could immediately feel the improvement and increased power. However, I really hated the sound it created so I removed it.

I think the BMS system would be similar, or perhaps even better given that they upgrade the intake pipes for better flow, but I think it will sound the same and I won’t like it.

That being said, I am working on my own airbox design and maybe when I’m done I can share the details with you.
Hrd_workin (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC 43 Coupe
After installing the MST intake, I could immediately feel the improvement and increased power. However, I really hated the sound it created so I removed it.

I think the BMS system would be similar, or perhaps even better given that they upgrade the intake pipes for better flow, but I think it will sound the same and I won’t like it.

That being said, I am working on my own airbox design and maybe when I’m done I can share the details with you.
What about the noise didn't you like?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 C450 AMG turbo upgrade project