Panamericana grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 11:20 AM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Panamericana grill

Happy Easter to you all.

I'm looking at getting a Panamericana grill for my 2019 C43 Coupe. I'm a bit concerned that the slats appear to be wide enough to allow debris in, which could damage hardware under the hood. CKS Performance tells me there is no guard that sits behind the grill. It seems to me that there should be... does anyone with experience with this grill know?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Many many cars have an open, free flowing grill design akin to the panamericana grill. Your radiator is always going to take some amount of road rash. Nothing to worry about.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
The C63's have had an issue with the cooling hardware *below the grille* (important distinction) getting roughed up. Merc has changed the design and now included a screen to protect against debris strikes.

The thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...-debris-2.html

I know there are some horizontal slats that sit behind the vertical slats on the OEM Panamericana grille. Don't know what additional protection, if any, sits behind the sets of slats.

However, like RichardCranium3 said above, a lot of cars have fairly open grille designs, as there is some natural protection offered by sitting higher up than the lower front fascia openings.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C43 AMG
Whats the best place to get the grill outside of MB and also is there an installation guide? Thinking of doing the same.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
I don't know about the "best" place, but I've found it at CKS, CKM, 55tech, and Mars. I'm starting at CKS as I've done business with them before and I know they ship to the US. No idea on an installation guide. I imagine the whole front bumper needs to come off for installation. I'm planning on taking it to a shop and having them do the install for me.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
Whats the best place to get the grill outside of MB and also is there an installation guide? Thinking of doing the same.
I swapped my oem 2019 c43 grille for a black panamericana grille I got off of ebay for a mere 100$ CDN shipping included. Comes with AMG badge and all. Fits like a charm. Doesn’t include front star, but you simply use the one you have in your current grille. This is the easy part.

Installation however...

I had this professionally done, and you are looking at several hours. Bumper, sensors, everything needs to come off. This will be the most expensive part unless you are willing to give it a go yourself. Camera needs to be properly placed if you have one, make sure sensors work before finalizing, etc.

Long job, but worth it IMO.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:24 AM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by jfromthenorth
I swapped my oem 2019 c43 grille for a black panamericana grille I got off of ebay for a mere 100$ CDN shipping included. Comes with AMG badge and all. Fits like a charm. Doesn’t include front star, but you simply use the one you have in your current grille. This is the easy part.

Installation however...

I had this professionally done, and you are looking at several hours. Bumper, sensors, everything needs to come off. This will be the most expensive part unless you are willing to give it a go yourself. Camera needs to be properly placed if you have one, make sure sensors work before finalizing, etc.

any pics and the ebay link?
Old 04-15-2020, 09:02 AM

c43
Originally Posted by tgidave
any pics and the ebay link?
Here is the one i ordered last year. I see the price went up considerably. In any case, it fit just right.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/233247476778

I’ll take a pic of mine later today when I go out.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gle

Installation however...

was there any issues with the sensors or radars? I want to get the GLE without having to spring for the AMG trim, where the amg power is just not practical where i live.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:47 PM

c43
Originally Posted by Newguygle
was there any issues with the sensors or radars? I want to get the GLE without having to spring for the AMG trim, where the amg power is just not practical where i live.
I have not had any issues whatsoever with radar or sensors - at least not yet. And it's been many months now. The camera image on the screen seems to have a bit of stiching issue with the 2 mirror cams, but to be honest I'm not sure if it was always that way, or just since I had the grille changed. In any case, it has not affected anything on my car, and I would I definitely do it again. Like I said though, it's a hell of a job. It took my shop about 6 hours more than originally thought. Granted it was their first time, but still.

'amg power is just not practical where i live' I can only assume by this statement that you live in a cave
Old 11-16-2020, 06:02 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
I have not had any issues whatsoever with radar or sensors - at least not yet. And it's been many months now. The camera image on the screen seems to have a bit of stiching issue with the 2 mirror cams, but to be honest I'm not sure if it was always that way, or just since I had the grille changed. In any case, it has not affected anything on my car, and I would I definitely do it again. Like I said though, it's a hell of a job. It took my shop about 6 hours more than originally thought. Granted it was their first time, but still.

'amg power is just not practical where i live' I can only assume by this statement that you live in a cave
If you go to a dealership or an Indy Benz shop, it should be a 3 hour job max.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:55 AM

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Present: 2019 C43 Estate
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
If you go to a dealership or an Indy Benz shop, it should be a 3 hour job max.
Took an MB body shop all of an hour to install mine. It’s not complicated as long as you know where all the bolts are.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Former: A long list of BMWs Current: 2020 PE C43 Sedan

Installation however...

I know I’m quoting an old post in this thread, but the Panamericana grille I ordered for my own swap didn’t come with an AMG badge or a “slot” to plug one into (if you look closely at the OEM versions, the AMG badge actually clips into a slot on the grille).

Anyhow...TL;DR, I ordered one off eBay that has some 3M tape to just stick it onto one of the horizontal slats. It looks alright from a distance but a little wonky and homegrown up close TBH. (Note: not shown here).

I’m generally happy with the grille otherwise — even though it was a little more of a “bulbuous” fit in my mind’s eye — but not over the moon with the AMG badge.

@jfromthenorth Did the grille you ordered come with a slot for the badge, or did you have to secure it on with double sided tape or similar? Has anyone else here managed to source a grille that’s closer to the OEM style one with the aforementioned slot and badge that plugs/clips in?

The following users liked this post:
Darrington (11-18-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 01:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
[QUOTE=Ari Burkes;8205187]I know I’m quoting an old post in this thread, but the Panamericana grille I ordered for my own swap didn’t come with an AMG badge or a “slot” to plug one into (if you look closely at the OEM versions, the AMG badge actually clips into a slot on the grille).

Anyhow...TL;DR, I ordered one off eBay that has some 3M tape to just stick it onto one of the horizontal slats. It looks alright from a distance but a little wonky and homegrown up close TBH. (Note: not shown here).

I’m generally happy with the grille otherwise — even though it was a little more of a “bulbuous” fit in my mind’s eye — but not over the moon with the AMG badge.

@jfromthenorth Did the grille you ordered come with a slot for the badge, or did you have to secure it on with double sided tape or similar? Has anyone else here managed to source a grille that’s closer to the OEM style one with the aforementioned slot and badge that plugs/clips in?

I have the same spec as you, but have a wagoon. What is this kind of white? Is designo diamond white bright? Or?
but imo when I see all the swaps to Panamericana I like the most the original grille.
sorry
Old 11-18-2020, 02:47 PM

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Present: 2019 C43 Estate
Originally Posted by Ari Burkes
Has anyone else here managed to source a grille that’s closer to the OEM style one with the aforementioned slot and badge that plugs/clips in?
This is the one I ordered. Looks the closest to OEM that I've seen. The AMG badge they sell fits perfectly.
https://www.cksperformance.com/produ...5&type=grilles

Here it is installed:

Last edited by toosteeley; 11-18-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=FlashA4;8205248]
Originally Posted by Ari Burkes
I have the same spec as you, but have a wagoon. What is this kind of white? Is designo diamond white bright? Or?
but imo when I see all the swaps to Panamericana I like the most the original grille.
sorry
No apologies necessary, different strokes for different folks right? I’m usually a stock look kind of guy, but I’ve always had a thing for the Panamericana grille.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by toosteeley
This is the one I ordered. Looks the closest to OEM that I've seen. The AMG badge they sell fits perfectly.
https://www.cksperformance.com/produ...5&type=grilles

Here it is installed:

Dayum that looks absolutely fantastic. Thanks man!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:16 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
[QUOTE=Ari Burkes;8205565]
Originally Posted by FlashA4

No apologies necessary, different strokes for different folks right? I’m usually a stock look kind of guy, but I’ve always had a thing for the Panamericana grille.
youre right thanks
Old 04-19-2021, 02:26 PM

Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
damn.. I hurt my arm trying to remove the star.. It is stuck and will not move even those I removed the sliver part that locks it in.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:48 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Originally Posted by Cosworth2000
damn.. I hurt my arm trying to remove the star.. It is stuck and will not move even those I removed the sliver part that locks it in.
yes, me to, but here is the result

but I had to remove the black vrap around the star, because distronic didnt work.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:12 PM

Did you just purchase a new one or did you remove it?
Old 04-19-2021, 03:19 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Did you just purchase a new one or did you remove it?
the grill or the star? Everything is original. The grill I put to the paint shop and they sprayed it to gloss black.
the star I remove from the grill and wrap it. But as I say. Dont know, how can distronic work to others who made the same as me
Old 04-19-2021, 03:22 PM

Yeah, I have the Distronic and Camera. I remove the grill and the silver around the star that locks it from turning. Tried to turn it but it just will not move no matter what I doe. I think I just going to purchase another Glass star and wait for it which really sucks. :-(
Old 04-19-2021, 03:28 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Yeah, I have the Distronic and Camera. I remove the grill and the silver around the star that locks it from turning. Tried to turn it but it just will not move no matter what I doe. I think I just going to purchase another Glass star and wait for it which really sucks. :-(

this is how it looks locked in the grill.
it goes very hard to turn it in the position.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:33 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
And please, does anybody know if its possible to order only the chrome around the star?

I will try to order one and paint it to black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamericana grill