C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 C43 whining noise steering wheel (Video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 11:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Yes! Hopefully because I still believe in the MB engineers' ability to get this fixed.

I am sorry to hear about the car accident, I am glad you left it uninjured. Sorry for your loss as well, we don't have diminished value claim policies in Canada, unfortunately. After such an event, I have a better understanding on your reason for buying used. I totally understand that you want to keep a car you like/love for a while, that is basically what I am doing, otherwise I would had been leasing vehicles. I am super happy to own what I have (sans a lot of annoying issues mine has that doesn't affect the performance and functionality). I am aware of the advantages of leasing a vehicle in Canada such as included GAP insurance; you are only paying the depreciation of the car during the term, while buying you are paying both depreciation and the remaining cost of the vehicle; can just "walk away" from the lease at the end for cars that was involved in an accident and let the dealership take the loss (knock on wood that you, everyone else here and me don't have to deal with car accidents) ; it is a new vehicle (unless you lease a used one); the ability to buy it out at the agreed residual when signing (so more flexibility but at a higher cost than if you just buy it from the start, thanks to the lease interest cost or aka. cost of borrowing) . I guess the main problem is, you don't own the car if you lease.

I believe you got a great price on your 2017 C43, especially true since the prices of used vehicles went way up this year due to various factors, mostly chip shortage. I think comparable vehicles this year will be in the high 45Ks before tax. So you definitely got a good deal at the right time.

As for the E43, I understand why you want to switch the exhaust tips and diffuser as MB just placed a slat in the middle of the C300 exhaust tips for the C43 pfl and called it a day. I personally prefer the understated look but I totally understand why you prefer the facelift ones. Incase you are still considering or may possibly be considering (because we can't accurately predict the future, and sometimes we change our minds) and that sound really matters, someone started a thread on it: https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...e-exhaust.html
While this member had it done: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post8349614
Either way though, it is always recommended to test drive the vehicles before committing to it, you want to know if you can get over the weight of the vehicle which causes body roll and other things you might not like.
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with the sound of the C43 with the luxury of the E-Class (with that custom exhaust) (unless you find it inappropriate for the class). Not trying to persuade you to switch or anything : ) It is just another option to look at. I too agree the C43 is the best overall package and which is why I still will keep mine for a while.

Ya, the holes that appears after removing the bumperettes will be annoying for sure. I think a channel called autovlog where he talked about his C63s and how he removed the bumperettes, maybe you should check it out.

Sweet, go ahead and test drive that facelift and let me know your thoughts, I am looking forward to hearing about them!
Thanks, yeah glad no one was badly hurt and everyone walked away, car is replaceable but not our lives. Things happen in life, its unfortunate. I hope no one else gets into accidents here. I've been in a few close calls in the C43 but that's because lots of people here CAN'T dive!
That's nice you like you C43 and want to keep it, same here with me!
I've never leased a car before, I now people who do but that's because they always change cars.. If I had a business too where I can write off the car then also maybe I would lease as its a tax benefit. And yes leasing is basically "renting" a car what I say.

Yeah it was slow when this Covid started so I was looking around but in no rush so that's why. I se here depending on km and options the 2017 C43 listed for around $43-49K.

Some good links with info on there, Thanks a lot! I might also test out a E43 AMG for fun when I get time, I've never driven an E-Class before.

Yeah I'll let you know when I test drive the FL C43 and E43!!
Old 06-05-2021, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,502 Likes on 2,128 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by AMGzee
Thanks, yeah glad no one was badly hurt and everyone walked away, car is replaceable but not our lives. Things happen in life, its unfortunate. I hope no one else gets into accidents here. I've been in a few close calls in the C43 but that's because lots of people here CAN'T dive!
That's nice you like you C43 and want to keep it, same here with me!
I've never leased a car before, I now people who do but that's because they always change cars.. If I had a business too where I can write off the car then also maybe I would lease as its a tax benefit. And yes leasing is basically "renting" a car what I say.

Yeah it was slow when this Covid started so I was looking around but in no rush so that's why. I se here depending on km and options the 2017 C43 listed for around $43-49K.

Some good links with info on there, Thanks a lot! I might also test out a E43 AMG for fun when I get time, I've never driven an E-Class before.

Yeah I'll let you know when I test drive the FL C43 and E43!!
For sure, glad everyone here got a MB, since they are known for safety so we (knock on wood that it doesn't happen but if it does happen, at least we know that our cars will be able to absorb most of the impact to minimize our injuries or eliminate the possibilities of any injuries completely because of the safety features it has and the robustness of the chassis etc.)

I can empathize that, drivers here in Toronto or within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) aren't the best either. Maybe that is why the government have to install so many speed cameras and red-light cameras (which is "totally" not because of them wanting to generate profits) because people simply can't drive properly. Part of the reason has to do with a lot of old cars being very affordable (including some only being the price of a new phone) and is quite reliable. Reckless drivers like these are why our insurance rates are so high and why there are so many car accidents that causes injuries or costing people's lives.

Ya, I honestly can't find anything in the market that truly interests me yet, maybe I would, curious to see the W206 in person though when it arrives next year. Just like you, I don't know if I can let go of V6 yet and go 4-cylinder. Something doesn't feel right spending over 85K+13%HST CAD (plus the upcoming Canadian "luxury tax" that will be implemented on Jan 1st, 2022) for a 4-cylinder although I admit that mindset has to change....eventually. Either way, I should test drive a CLA 45 and see if it will impress me enough, then I will wait and test drive the W206 C45 (or C43 depending on what the successor is called) and C63e W206 (Unrelated question, I wonder if they will bring back the C63 Black series for W206, I doubt it but would be interesting to see what they can do with it) and see if it changes my perception on it. I would love to hear about your thoughts though, did you shop around before you got your C43, if so, what cars were you considering and do you want to share the reasons why you picked the C43 over those cars?

Mhmm, leasing is a fancy word for long term rental, although it is cheaper than renting from Discount or Enterprise for example. Another one is subscription like Mercedes Collection with different monthly subscription fees depending on the tier of vehicles (In the North America, it was MBUSA exclusive but I guess they discontinued it due to various reasons and it never came to Canada). The one I know that is alive and well is Porsche Drive, Porsche Canada.

I see but you got a great deal and I am sure you would be proud of yourself for your ability to negotiate to such a price that is unheard of especially in 2021.

You're welcome, glad it was at least useful.

Great! Looking forward to your experiences of both cars you test drive!

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-05-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:35 PM

2017 C43 AMG
For sure, glad everyone here got a MB, since they are known for safety so we (knock on wood that it doesn't happen but if it does happen, at least we know that our cars will be able to absorb most of the impact to minimize our injuries or eliminate the possibilities of any injuries completely because of the safety features it has and the robustness of the chassis etc.)

I can empathize that, drivers here in Toronto or within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) aren't the best either. Maybe that is why the government have to install so many speed cameras and red-light cameras (which is "totally" not because of them wanting to generate profits) because people simply can't drive properly. Part of the reason has to do with a lot of old cars being very affordable (including some only being the price of a new phone) and is quite reliable. Reckless drivers like these are why our insurance rates are so high and why there are so many car accidents that causes injuries or costing people's lives.

Ya, I honestly can't find anything in the market that truly interests me yet, maybe I would, curious to see the W206 in person though when it arrives next year. Just like you, I don't know if I can let go of V6 yet and go 4-cylinder. Something doesn't feel right spending over 85K+13%HST CAD (plus the upcoming Canadian "luxury tax" that will be implemented on Jan 1st, 2022) for a 4-cylinder although I admit that mindset has to change....eventually. Either way, I should test drive a CLA 45 and see if it will impress me enough, then I will wait and test drive the W206 C45 (or C43 depending on what the successor is called) and C63e W206 (Unrelated question, I wonder if they will bring back the C63 Black series for W206, I doubt it but would be interesting to see what they can do with it) and see if it changes my perception on it. I would love to hear about your thoughts though, did you shop around before you got your C43, if so, what cars were you considering and do you want to share the reasons why you picked the C43 over those cars?

Mhmm, leasing is a fancy word for long term rental, although it is cheaper than renting from Discount or Enterprise for example. Another one is subscription like Mercedes Collection with different monthly subscription fees depending on the tier of vehicles (In the North America, it was MBUSA exclusive but I guess they discontinued it due to various reasons and it never came to Canada). The one I know that is alive and well is Porsche Drive, Porsche Canada.

I see but you got a great deal and I am sure you would be proud of yourself for your ability to negotiate to such a price that is unheard of especially in 2021.

You're welcome, glad it was at least useful.

Great! Looking forward to your experiences of both cars you test drive!

Yeah exactly.. MB does make great safety vehicles, probably up there with being some of the safest vehicles to be in!

Oh Vancouver has a lot of crazy drivers and our insurance here is insane as well! We have a corporation so no options to choose for basic insurance so they can charge whatever they want. My rate with max discount is close to $2,500 a year. If I was a new driver and got this C43 it would be almost $5,500 a year!

Yeah I'm curious to see the W206 in person as well, seeing the pictures online the interior is futuristic like the S class with the screen, but one thing I hate is getting away from buttons. I prefer buttons or knobs for volume and climate control, easier to control while driving, so you don't get distracted much from the screen. Yeah it'll be interesting to see if they bring the Black Series to W206, kind of wish they had it for W205 C63 and if they had a Black Series for C43 would be nice as well.. To be honest I didn't really shop around, I knew I wanted to stay with MB brand again and looking in price point I was able to spend it was C-class and always wanted to get into AMG so I did some research online about the C43 and watched review videos. I test drove 2 C43, the first one was from a private lot dealer with no CPO warranty and less features they were asking more and wouldn't budge with price, the I saw the C43 I have at MB dealer and test drove it and liked it and made my offer, and after 5 weeks or so they took it!

That's interesting I've never heard of Porsche Drive or those programs before.. That's a cool option for people who want to change cars frequently.

Yeah I always got ripped off buying cars before paying asking and this time I tried you know what, I'm not that much in a rush so why not see what they can do..

I was just at the MB dealer that has the 2020 C43, I saw it but they wouldn't let me drive it as the serve is over due for it and needs new brakes so they will get it done this week and maybe next week I can test it out they said. and both E53 and E43 got sold this week so couldn't test them out, womb. Let's see next time!
Old 06-06-2021, 11:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah exactly.. MB does make great safety vehicles, probably up there with being some of the safest vehicles to be in!

Oh Vancouver has a lot of crazy drivers and our insurance here is insane as well! We have a corporation so no options to choose for basic insurance so they can charge whatever they want. My rate with max discount is close to $2,500 a year. If I was a new driver and got this C43 it would be almost $5,500 a year!

Yeah I'm curious to see the W206 in person as well, seeing the pictures online the interior is futuristic like the S class with the screen, but one thing I hate is getting away from buttons. I prefer buttons or knobs for volume and climate control, easier to control while driving, so you don't get distracted much from the screen. Yeah it'll be interesting to see if they bring the Black Series to W206, kind of wish they had it for W205 C63 and if they had a Black Series for C43 would be nice as well.. To be honest I didn't really shop around, I knew I wanted to stay with MB brand again and looking in price point I was able to spend it was C-class and always wanted to get into AMG so I did some research online about the C43 and watched review videos. I test drove 2 C43, the first one was from a private lot dealer with no CPO warranty and less features they were asking more and wouldn't budge with price, the I saw the C43 I have at MB dealer and test drove it and liked it and made my offer, and after 5 weeks or so they took it!

That's interesting I've never heard of Porsche Drive or those programs before.. That's a cool option for people who want to change cars frequently.

Yeah I always got ripped off buying cars before paying asking and this time I tried you know what, I'm not that much in a rush so why not see what they can do..

I was just at the MB dealer that has the 2020 C43, I saw it but they wouldn't let me drive it as the serve is over due for it and needs new brakes so they will get it done this week and maybe next week I can test it out they said. and both E53 and E43 got sold this week so couldn't test them out, womb. Let's see next time!
Yes I agree, it is definitely up there! They always promote the safety of their vehicles, so that definitely is their focus. MB also pioneered many safety features that are used in many cars today. They know cars well since they invented the modern automobile. I think MB invented ABS or started the idea of it. While also being the earliest car companies to put airbag to good use. Yikes, that insurance premium indeed is pretty high, Ontario isn't any better though. Problem with these absurd prices is that there is nothing to stop them from charging all these high rates, and either way it is pure profit for them, if there are hail storms, they might have to pay-out many claims but then they just raise the price for a period of time to cover those expenses which means we customers are still losing and the insurance company is always winning as they will make that money back in no time.

Agree, the W206's interior does look pretty good, I especially like how it sloops down from the top of the centre console to the bottom seamlessly connected with everything else, I like it even better than the new S-Class interior because of that part. Although I like the S-Class more in terms of how it sloops down from the vents to the bottom of the window controls of both driver and passenger side. I like how the screen is tilted towards the driver in the W206. I also agree with needing more buttons, the input through traditional buttons are just always more accurate than touchpads/trackpads, not to mention how screens look dated fast. Automotive journalists are complaining about how it doesn't always register the touch on the newer models' steering wheel like in the facelift E-Class and the new S-Class and now in the W206. No one complained about the Blackberry style trackpads that first appeared on W213 pfl which the C43 fl also had because that worked so much better. That Blackberry style trackpads also enabled customization of the instrument cluster such as themes. Another thing about screens is that, for those who work in an office which requires them to face a screen for long periods of time, the least they want to do is to face yet another screen when they enter their vehicle, which they "don't have the luxury" to not have to. Another problem with a screen is the glare that can blind the driver. Ya a black series C43 sounds nice but I think black series is reserved for V8.s, it will be interesting for sure to see what MB will do with the Black series line in the near future.

Oh, I see, nothing wrong with picking MB : P, you chose one of the brands that are known for the finest engineering so either way you made a great choice, super glad you joined us and became one of the C43 owners. Good things come to those who wait and you did just that, so you were awarded such a nice car at such a nice price. (sans the ongoing steering wheel issue, but then no car is perfect, it might just be a defect which you should be able to get resolved in no time) Yup you also made the right decision to research about cars before checking them out and understood how important it was to test drive vehicles, good for you. Sorry that you got ripped off buying cars in the past, glad it worked out for you this time. Ya high performance MB's just are not regular MBs, a flip of a switch and they are completely different from that "old man's car image". A 2020 C43 already needing new brakes? That is surprisingly quick, I am left wondering how the car was driven prior to being sold to the dealership...

Yup Porsche Drive is an expensive subscription service though, good for those who have lots of money and wants to try different Porsche cars depending on the tier they choose. Insurance is included though and it is always a new car or a relatively new car used for the program. One selling point is probably the versatility. You can drive a Cayenne to take a family on a road trip while the next day take a leisurely drive down the canyons in a Turbo S*. (*Conditions apply, they are different tiers)

Wow! Those high performance E-Classes move quick (both 0-100 and off dealership lots). Hopefully another one or two shows up soon so you can test drive it.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-06-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:10 AM

2017 C43 AMG
Yes I agree, it is definitely up there! They always promote the safety of their vehicles, so that definitely is their focus. MB also pioneered many safety features that are used in many cars today. They know cars well since they invented the modern automobile. I think MB invented ABS or started the idea of it. While also being the earliest car companies to put airbag to good use. Yikes, that insurance premium indeed is pretty high, Ontario isn't any better though. Problem with these absurd prices is that there is nothing to stop them from charging all these high rates, and either way it is pure profit for them, if there are hail storms, they might have to pay-out many claims but then they just raise the price for a period of time to cover those expenses which means we customers are still losing and the insurance company is always winning as they will make that money back in no time.

Agree, the W206's interior does look pretty good, I especially like how it sloops down from the top of the centre console to the bottom seamlessly connected with everything else, I like it even better than the new S-Class interior because of that part. Although I like the S-Class more in terms of how it sloops down from the vents to the bottom of the window controls of both driver and passenger side. I like how the screen is tilted towards the driver in the W206. I also agree with needing more buttons, the input through traditional buttons are just always more accurate than touchpads/trackpads, not to mention how screens look dated fast. Automotive journalists are complaining about how it doesn't always register the touch on the newer models' steering wheel like in the facelift E-Class and the new S-Class and now in the W206. No one complained about the Blackberry style trackpads that first appeared on W213 pfl which the C43 fl also had because that worked so much better. That Blackberry style trackpads also enabled customization of the instrument cluster such as themes. Another thing about screens is that, for those who work in an office which requires them to face a screen for long periods of time, the least they want to do is to face yet another screen when they enter their vehicle, which they "don't have the luxury" to not have to. Another problem with a screen is the glare that can blind the driver. Ya a black series C43 sounds nice but I think black series is reserved for V8.s, it will be interesting for sure to see what MB will do with the Black series line in the near future.

Oh, I see, nothing wrong with picking MB : P, you chose one of the brands that are known for the finest engineering so either way you made a great choice, super glad you joined us and became one of the C43 owners. Good things come to those who wait and you did just that, so you were awarded such a nice car at such a nice price. (sans the ongoing steering wheel issue, but then no car is perfect, it might just be a defect which you should be able to get resolved in no time) Yup you also made the right decision to research about cars before checking them out and understood how important it was to test drive vehicles, good for you. Sorry that you got ripped off buying cars in the past, glad it worked out for you this time. Ya high performance MB's just are not regular MBs, a flip of a switch and they are completely different from that "old man's car image". A 2020 C43 already needing new brakes? That is surprisingly quick, I am left wondering how the car was driven prior to being sold to the dealership...

Yup Porsche Drive is an expensive subscription service though, good for those who have lots of money and wants to try different Porsche cars depending on the tier they choose. Insurance is included though and it is always a new car or a relatively new car used for the program. One selling point is probably the versatility. You can drive a Cayenne to take a family on a road trip while the next day take a leisurely drive down the canyons in a Turbo S*. (*Conditions apply, they are different tiers)

Wow! Those high performance E-Classes move quick (both 0-100 and off dealership lots). Hopefully another one or two shows up soon so you can test drive it.
Exactly! Insurance companies will always get their money back regardless, its us who pay it that pay for all the accidents..

Yeah both new S-class and C-class have a nice interior with the screen and the ambient lighting is cool. I do know some people who hate all the big screens in cars it's more preference.. But I'd like to see one in person, usually pictures aren't the same as in person.
I have to say I do like the BB style trackpad that's on the newer steering wheel like the FL C43! And yes I did watch a video on the facelift E-class and the guy complained how it didn't work as nice as the BB trackpad style one.

Yeah I've always like MB and decided to stick with them again this time around The 2020 have over 20,000km on it the guy leased it for 1 year but I assume driven hard, it was all black on black, but one thing I hate (my preference) is the leather inside is shinny, I don't like those cleaners that leave it shinny, I like the natural look of leather. They are asking $70k for it. they are getting 2 new 2021 C43 in a month of so they will be $80-82K he said. I'drather pay $10k more and have brand new than $70 and driven hard with 20k plus miles on it.

Yeah checked out that Porsche Drive, Vancouver prices are more than Toronto.. $4250 a month wow. you need to be making some good money for that lol.

I will still keep an eye out on the dealerships. I checked every few days!
Old 06-08-2021, 10:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Exactly! Insurance companies will always get their money back regardless, its us who pay it that pay for all the accidents..

Yeah both new S-class and C-class have a nice interior with the screen and the ambient lighting is cool. I do know some people who hate all the big screens in cars it's more preference.. But I'd like to see one in person, usually pictures aren't the same as in person.
I have to say I do like the BB style trackpad that's on the newer steering wheel like the FL C43! And yes I did watch a video on the facelift E-class and the guy complained how it didn't work as nice as the BB trackpad style one.

Yeah I've always like MB and decided to stick with them again this time around The 2020 have over 20,000km on it the guy leased it for 1 year but I assume driven hard, it was all black on black, but one thing I hate (my preference) is the leather inside is shinny, I don't like those cleaners that leave it shinny, I like the natural look of leather. They are asking $70k for it. they are getting 2 new 2021 C43 in a month of so they will be $80-82K he said. I'drather pay $10k more and have brand new than $70 and driven hard with 20k plus miles on it.

Yeah checked out that Porsche Drive, Vancouver prices are more than Toronto.. $4250 a month wow. you need to be making some good money for that lol.

I will still keep an eye out on the dealerships. I checked every few days!
Yup, that is just how they are unfortunately. If only there is a limit set by our government. Let's just hope the prices doesn't get worse than this. The way people drive here, I can't imagine what would happen if we had a no speed limit highway like parts of the German autobahn.

Yup, photos don't do justice, I would want to see one in person as well. Just have to wait till early next year and hopefully everything goes back to normal by then, as long as the MSRP of the new car after taxes is below $100,000 CAD, then there won't be luxury taxes applied. That being said, it is not a good idea to buy the first model year of a car, there are so many little glitches that needs to be fixed the next model year after the car is released in the market and received customer feedback. First model year buyers are testing waters for everyone and not to mention they pay the most to be first. Speaking of which, I agree, the lights do look cool. In the S-Class specifically, it seems like there are multiple screens (maybe OLED?) connected (actually it might be integrated) together displaying an image of the lights (perhaps that is how it can display all those wave patterns), while the C-Class just looks like LEDs. I might be wrong though, only can tell once I see them in person. Did the new S-Class come to our shores yet? Probably should just wait till the C-Class arrives next year because checking out the S-Class wouldn't make sense even though they look similar in the inside, the materials should be different given the price difference.

Other than the fact that screens can be distracting, attracts fingerprints, might reflect sunlight blinding the driver, looks dated fast, being the cause of physical buttons' demise making basic controls a pain. There are still things to like, ie. the screen provides more functions that buttons themselves might not be able to provide, like if you are setting a specific setting in the vehicle, MBUX shows your vehicle and allows you to tap the specific part of the vehicle making it easier to locate the function you wanted. Screens replacing the instrument cluster also allow customizations with different themes and layouts. As for the facelift C43, the way the main screen was implemented inside the original housing instead of the stuck-on ones on other cars are actually not bad.

Yup those style trackpads are definitely easier to use and more accurate, wish they kept it, but at least they have one that looks like it in the middle where the screen is (although that is actually a fingerprint sensor) and glad you like it on the facelift C43, you just got another reason to consider a facelift C43 .

Yikes, ya definitely get new at that point, I understand because of the chip shortage, dealerships are charging absurd prices, I even heard people willing to pay over MSRP to purchase a car, that is just crazy and the first time I heard of (at least for mainstream cars unlike rare and collectors' car). I was surprised to learn that, according to Dennis Desrosiers, dealerships are making much more profits than prior to pandemic because of insane markups even if they sell less at times, so that is something... Hmmm, if they did anything to the leather, perhaps they might be a car enthusiast but ya there are conditioners that have less shine or none at all which they didn't use. Ya, the C43 is performance oriented but it is not the type of vehicle that eats brakes that fast. The brake pad thickness shouldn't go below the legal limit in just one year, likely that car was abused unfortunately or was taken to a track. If they used track pace, it might had recorded the lap in the car. Of course, nothing star diag can't reveal in terms of how the car was driven prior, although dealerships won't bother finding that information out as they have no reason to do so.

Perhaps there will be more MY19 coming back for those a year or two year leases that aren't driven as hard that you can consider. MY19 and MY20 changes are so minimal, the only thing I can think of would be the Drive Unit that was optional on MY20 and you save more on the MY19 because it is a year older. Depends on how much you want to get new though. All I know is that the used market is crazy so you might actually end up with a good deal buying new, or I might be the one that is crazy thinking that way. The 2021 is highly likely the last model year of the C43 Sedan (W205) for North America, since there are no successors for the C-Class coupé (C205) and cabriolet (A205), those body styles might survive for another model year (MY22) before they too reaches EOL. If you do decide to buy a facelift C43 next year as new especially if you are getting a coupé (which is made in Germany), you should consider European Delivery which you can visit the Centre of Excellence and you can drive the car on the autobahn, talk with people at the factory, etc. (if.... MB Canada doesn't follow MBUSA and discontinue this program because unfortunately, MB Canada loves to follow MBUSA for a lot of stuff, for example, the site. I wish we had the European style layout for the site.

Ya for sure, the Porsche drive subscription is expensive especially the Multiple-Vehicle option and the lowest tier (Launch Tier) starts at $3450 prior to HST for Vancouver and allows access to the following vehicles: 718 Cayman, 718 Cayman S, 718 Boxster, 718 Boxster S, Macan, Macan S, Cayenne. For this price however, we could spend it on financing a very nice car instead of choosing to have the luxury of switching to different cars. On top of that, if that money is spent on leasing, we could lease an even nicer car for this monthly payment. Speaking of Porsche, after reading this article, https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ca...buy-a-supercar , I realized how poor I am haha. Not just sports cars, cars in Canada seems to be much more affordable than a lot of countries especially countries with crazy 200% taxes. Yikes : (

Sounds good, let us know when you find something you like from the dealership!
Old 06-15-2021, 12:06 AM

2017 C43 AMG
Yup, that is just how they are unfortunately. If only there is a limit set by our government. Let's just hope the prices doesn't get worse than this. The way people drive here, I can't imagine what would happen if we had a no speed limit highway like parts of the German autobahn.

Yup, photos don't do justice, I would want to see one in person as well. Just have to wait till early next year and hopefully everything goes back to normal by then, as long as the MSRP of the new car after taxes is below $100,000 CAD, then there won't be luxury taxes applied. That being said, it is not a good idea to buy the first model year of a car, there are so many little glitches that needs to be fixed the next model year after the car is released in the market and received customer feedback. First model year buyers are testing waters for everyone and not to mention they pay the most to be first. Speaking of which, I agree, the lights do look cool. In the S-Class specifically, it seems like there are multiple screens (maybe OLED?) connected (actually it might be integrated) together displaying an image of the lights (perhaps that is how it can display all those wave patterns), while the C-Class just looks like LEDs. I might be wrong though, only can tell once I see them in person. Did the new S-Class come to our shores yet? Probably should just wait till the C-Class arrives next year because checking out the S-Class wouldn't make sense even though they look similar in the inside, the materials should be different given the price difference.

Other than the fact that screens can be distracting, attracts fingerprints, might reflect sunlight blinding the driver, looks dated fast, being the cause of physical buttons' demise making basic controls a pain. There are still things to like, ie. the screen provides more functions that buttons themselves might not be able to provide, like if you are setting a specific setting in the vehicle, MBUX shows your vehicle and allows you to tap the specific part of the vehicle making it easier to locate the function you wanted. Screens replacing the instrument cluster also allow customizations with different themes and layouts. As for the facelift C43, the way the main screen was implemented inside the original housing instead of the stuck-on ones on other cars are actually not bad.

Yup those style trackpads are definitely easier to use and more accurate, wish they kept it, but at least they have one that looks like it in the middle where the screen is (although that is actually a fingerprint sensor) and glad you like it on the facelift C43, you just got another reason to consider a facelift C43 .

Yikes, ya definitely get new at that point, I understand because of the chip shortage, dealerships are charging absurd prices, I even heard people willing to pay over MSRP to purchase a car, that is just crazy and the first time I heard of (at least for mainstream cars unlike rare and collectors' car). I was surprised to learn that, according to Dennis Desrosiers, dealerships are making much more profits than prior to pandemic because of insane markups even if they sell less at times, so that is something... Hmmm, if they did anything to the leather, perhaps they might be a car enthusiast but ya there are conditioners that have less shine or none at all which they didn't use. Ya, the C43 is performance oriented but it is not the type of vehicle that eats brakes that fast. The brake pad thickness shouldn't go below the legal limit in just one year, likely that car was abused unfortunately or was taken to a track. If they used track pace, it might had recorded the lap in the car. Of course, nothing star diag can't reveal in terms of how the car was driven prior, although dealerships won't bother finding that information out as they have no reason to do so.

Perhaps there will be more MY19 coming back for those a year or two year leases that aren't driven as hard that you can consider. MY19 and MY20 changes are so minimal, the only thing I can think of would be the Drive Unit that was optional on MY20 and you save more on the MY19 because it is a year older. Depends on how much you want to get new though. All I know is that the used market is crazy so you might actually end up with a good deal buying new, or I might be the one that is crazy thinking that way. The 2021 is highly likely the last model year of the C43 Sedan (W205) for North America, since there are no successors for the C-Class coupé (C205) and cabriolet (A205), those body styles might survive for another model year (MY22) before they too reaches EOL. If you do decide to buy a facelift C43 next year as new especially if you are getting a coupé (which is made in Germany), you should consider European Delivery which you can visit the Centre of Excellence and you can drive the car on the autobahn, talk with people at the factory, etc. (if.... MB Canada doesn't follow MBUSA and discontinue this program because unfortunately, MB Canada loves to follow MBUSA for a lot of stuff, for example, the site. I wish we had the European style layout for the site.

Ya for sure, the Porsche drive subscription is expensive especially the Multiple-Vehicle option and the lowest tier (Launch Tier) starts at $3450 prior to HST for Vancouver and allows access to the following vehicles: 718 Cayman, 718 Cayman S, 718 Boxster, 718 Boxster S, Macan, Macan S, Cayenne. For this price however, we could spend it on financing a very nice car instead of choosing to have the luxury of switching to different cars. On top of that, if that money is spent on leasing, we could lease an even nicer car for this monthly payment. Speaking of Porsche, after reading this article, https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ca...buy-a-supercar , I realized how poor I am haha. Not just sports cars, cars in Canada seems to be much more affordable than a lot of countries especially countries with crazy 200% taxes. Yikes : (

Sounds good, let us know when you find something you like from the dealership!

Prices are insane and pus with now 2 carbon taxes (BS scam tax) Vancouver said they want to look into adding extra $1,000 tax per year for trucks/SUV/sport sedans for climate change tax. People are so stupid to believe this climate change ****! Climate has been changing for millions of years.. Canada is one of the cleanest in the world.. Want to fix it, go after India and China those counters are worse off! It's all a money grab and poor people get suckered into it...And people think electric is better for environment, the mining for batteries is worse than for oil!

Yeah we have that luxury tax on cars too.. pretty soon Canada will tax you to breathe lol.
I still haven't seen the S-class here yet. I've seen a few new E-class E53 and E63S, I kind of like them!. But still can't wait to see the W206 AMG when it comes out in person.
But yeah they all seem similar, but materials probably a bit different from S-class to C-class, but the price difference I have a feeling they just make way more profit off S-class than C-class.

and Yes I really like how the main screen was implemented inside the original housing instead of the stuck-on one for the FL C43. I like having that separation in screen.

I never had time to do some test driving this weekend as it was raining and want it dry to test drive.. but Thursday I take my car in to fix my steering whining noise, finally!

Ahaha yeah I can't believe some of the taxes for same car in other countries! insane!
Old 06-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Prices are insane and pus with now 2 carbon taxes (BS scam tax) Vancouver said they want to look into adding extra $1,000 tax per year for trucks/SUV/sport sedans for climate change tax. People are so stupid to believe this climate change ****! Climate has been changing for millions of years.. Canada is one of the cleanest in the world.. Want to fix it, go after India and China those counters are worse off! It's all a money grab and poor people get suckered into it...And people think electric is better for environment, the mining for batteries is worse than for oil!

Yeah we have that luxury tax on cars too.. pretty soon Canada will tax you to breathe lol.
I still haven't seen the S-class here yet. I've seen a few new E-class E53 and E63S, I kind of like them!. But still can't wait to see the W206 AMG when it comes out in person.
But yeah they all seem similar, but materials probably a bit different from S-class to C-class, but the price difference I have a feeling they just make way more profit off S-class than C-class.

and Yes I really like how the main screen was implemented inside the original housing instead of the stuck-on one for the FL C43. I like having that separation in screen.

I never had time to do some test driving this weekend as it was raining and want it dry to test drive.. but Thursday I take my car in to fix my steering whining noise, finally!

Ahaha yeah I can't believe some of the taxes for same car in other countries! insane!
Yikes. Cross fingers that doesn't happen, the new luxury tax that goes into effect next year is already too much. As of now, I do agree with you that the way we produce electricity is still not that clean, I am afraid such method of producing electricity causes more pollution, until countries around the world transitions into cleaner ways of producing electricity, electrical vehicles aren't going to do a lot if anything. I think the countries you mentioned have the highest amount of electric vehicles compared to other countries. If electric vehicles does help with anything, we should(?) see improvements in their emissions within a few years. The production of batteries leads to high emissions I agree, I am hoping they eventually come up with a better way of producing batteries and to come up with more sustainable battery technologies. Maybe to come up with something other than a battery that is used to store electricity, that is more efficient and charges faster? I thought about solar powered vehicles, at least then we truly have zero emissions when producing electricity and zero pollution, however it wasn't efficient at all and it still requires a battery to store the electricity as the sun isn't up 24/7.

Hmmm, ya the luxury tax is going to be implemented nationwide, I just hope this is all they come up with and not to tax us even more, fingers crossed.

I see, no worries once you find a day that doesn't rain, isn't cold and that you feel like test driving then feel free to test drive one or two and if you want, share your thoughts, we would love to hear them!

Yup, I agree, the profit margin of S-Class vehicles are much higher than C-Class, S-Class buyers are willing to pay more money for an exquisite experience (especially Maybach buyers), Mercedes-AMG vehicles are especially high in profit margin and the highest is probably Mercedes-Maybach.

Glad you like the E-Class vehicles of different trims, they are gorgeous vehicles, if you have an opportunity, please do test drive one, I really liked them during my test drive. I am sure you would love the driving experience of it too. Personally, I don't need the extra length and width of one. If only the E-Class was smaller as the C-Class size to me is just right but I am not the E-Class' target market after all. I am sure everyone else who actually buys E-Classes won't ever complain about the extra space it provides. I am sure you won't either.

Yup, the design simply works, they also don't have to redesign the original casing that houses the analog gauges to fit the digital one, it saves them money too. I also heard that it doesn't glare compared to the screens in the A-Class, E-Class etc.. Can't remember if the digital screen in the fl C43 is matte finish?

That is good news, I hope they have it all fixed, please keep us updated. Hopefully it is a simple fix so you can get your vehicle back in no time, it might just be a simple calibration.

Something unrelated: Is it just me or Mercedes is getting lazier with their facelifts. I mean, the GT 4-door design is good but why call it a facelift if they decide to change almost nothing (other than having some new exterior colour options, a softer air suspension in comfort mode while stiffer in sport+ mode, new steering wheel from the e-class facelift , new wheels, MBUX and.... I think that's it?) The CLS facelift was lazy as well but they still at least changed the front bumper, the GT 4-door they decided to keep everything as is and call it a facelift...) It felt like those small changes for a new model year (like the new steering wheel in the 2019 E class pre-facelift, E450 as an option replacing the 2018 E400, etc.) Another example would be, for the C-Class 205, they swap the hood star with the newer style one for MY18 compared to the blue one from prior model years.
Edit 1: Forgot to mention MBUX was available on MY21 CLS, a model year prior to facelift so ya that isn't new for the CLS facelift either.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-15-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:03 AM

2017 C43 AMG
Yikes. Cross fingers that doesn't happen, the new luxury tax that goes into effect next year is already too much. As of now, I do agree with you that the way we produce electricity is still not that clean, I am afraid such method of producing electricity causes more pollution, until countries around the world transitions into cleaner ways of producing electricity, electrical vehicles aren't going to do a lot if anything. I think the countries you mentioned have the highest amount of electric vehicles compared to other countries. If electric vehicles does help with anything, we should(?) see improvements in their emissions within a few years. The production of batteries leads to high emissions I agree, I am hoping they eventually come up with a better way of producing batteries and to come up with more sustainable battery technologies. Maybe to come up with something other than a battery that is used to store electricity, that is more efficient and charges faster? I thought about solar powered vehicles, at least then we truly have zero emissions when producing electricity and zero pollution, however it wasn't efficient at all and it still requires a battery to store the electricity as the sun isn't up 24/7.

Hmmm, ya the luxury tax is going to be implemented nationwide, I just hope this is all they come up with and not to tax us even more, fingers crossed.

I see, no worries once you find a day that doesn't rain, isn't cold and that you feel like test driving then feel free to test drive one or two and if you want, share your thoughts, we would love to hear them!

Yup, I agree, the profit margin of S-Class vehicles are much higher than C-Class, S-Class buyers are willing to pay more money for an exquisite experience (especially Maybach buyers), Mercedes-AMG vehicles are especially high in profit margin and the highest is probably Mercedes-Maybach.

Glad you like the E-Class vehicles of different trims, they are gorgeous vehicles, if you have an opportunity, please do test drive one, I really liked them during my test drive. I am sure you would love the driving experience of it too. Personally, I don't need the extra length and width of one. If only the E-Class was smaller as the C-Class size to me is just right but I am not the E-Class' target market after all. I am sure everyone else who actually buys E-Classes won't ever complain about the extra space it provides. I am sure you won't either.

Yup, the design simply works, they also don't have to redesign the original casing that houses the analog gauges to fit the digital one, it saves them money too. I also heard that it doesn't glare compared to the screens in the A-Class, E-Class etc.. Can't remember if the digital screen in the fl C43 is matte finish?

That is good news, I hope they have it all fixed, please keep us updated. Hopefully it is a simple fix so you can get your vehicle back in no time, it might just be a simple calibration.

Something unrelated: Is it just me or Mercedes is getting lazier with their facelifts. I mean, the GT 4-door design is good but why call it a facelift if they decide to change almost nothing (other than having some new exterior colour options, a softer air suspension in comfort mode while stiffer in sport+ mode, new steering wheel from the e-class facelift , new wheels, MBUX and.... I think that's it?) The CLS facelift was lazy as well but they still at least changed the front bumper, the GT 4-door they decided to keep everything as is and call it a facelift...) It felt like those small changes for a new model year (like the new steering wheel in the 2019 E class pre-facelift, E450 as an option replacing the 2018 E400, etc.) Another example would be, for the C-Class 205, they swap the hood star with the newer style one for MY18 compared to the blue one from prior model years.
Edit 1: Forgot to mention MBUX was available on MY21 CLS, a model year prior to facelift so ya that isn't new for the CLS facelift either.
Yeah hopefully no more extra taxes on vehicles, it's already crazy expensive with the current tax!.. Yeah it'll be interesting to see the future of cars but there will be changes 10-20-30 years from now.. but I love the sound of a engine! even the late 60's muscle cars engine! the sound of power!

Yeah Mercedes-Maybach is next level, you now you have some "f**k you money" (as a friend once called it) when you rolling around in that lol.

Yes, I will still test drive an E-class and see how that feels when I get time. I don't need the extra space as well the C-class is perfect for me, but it's not bad to have just incase need the extra room.

Yeah the FL C43 has a bit of a matte finish on screen it looks like. So it's not bad... I just brought my car in today, they have me a 2021 GLC 300 as a loner vehicle, feels so high, I'm used to cars low down haha.. but wow I actually love the MBUX first time playing around with it, I like the touch pad too, better than ours right now. I really wish the FL C-class had MBUX as the GLC!

Yes agree, I also do feel like the are getting lazy with design changes and updates, as models slowly looking alike. Still not bad designs one of the best in business I think, unlike the new BMW M front grill, the huge nasty grill lol I don't like it.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah hopefully no more extra taxes on vehicles, it's already crazy expensive with the current tax!.. Yeah it'll be interesting to see the future of cars but there will be changes 10-20-30 years from now.. but I love the sound of a engine! even the late 60's muscle cars engine! the sound of power!

Yeah Mercedes-Maybach is next level, you now you have some "f**k you money" (as a friend once called it) when you rolling around in that lol.

Yes, I will still test drive an E-class and see how that feels when I get time. I don't need the extra space as well the C-class is perfect for me, but it's not bad to have just incase need the extra room.

Yeah the FL C43 has a bit of a matte finish on screen it looks like. So it's not bad... I just brought my car in today, they have me a 2021 GLC 300 as a loner vehicle, feels so high, I'm used to cars low down haha.. but wow I actually love the MBUX first time playing around with it, I like the touch pad too, better than ours right now. I really wish the FL C-class had MBUX as the GLC!

Yes agree, I also do feel like the are getting lazy with design changes and updates, as models slowly looking alike. Still not bad designs one of the best in business I think, unlike the new BMW M front grill, the huge nasty grill lol I don't like it.
For sure, the less taxes the better can't complain about not needing to pay too much tax. We are already paying so much tax for everything else, the least we want is even more taxes on cars. Yup one of the things I love about ICE over electric is the sound (but I got to admit I do like the porsche taycan's artificial sound www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=huSvhv-vXGI) As you mentioned, there is more excitement in an ICE car, the turbo spoofing up (or supercharged vehicles or .... even better, naturally aspirated cars), the power increases as the engine revs up, the transmission shifting, etc. unlike the instant torque and instant pull in electric vehicles. For those who drive manual, they will miss it as it isn't quite possible on electric vehicles, electric vehicles can also get boring fast. While as ICE, in the case of our C43.s, the sound of the exhaust can sometimes be different, the crackles can sometimes be un-predictable and when it happens it is such a joy to listen to especially when you are not expecting it. It will be interesting for sure to see how the automotive industry will become in 10-20-30 years like you mentioned, I wonder if cars will fly at that point. I guess we won't have our own cars as ride sharing and autonomous vehicles gradually take over. Let's enjoy what we have right now before those things take over.

Mercedes-Maybach, is cheaper than a Rolls-Royce (not surprising, as the badge might cost a good chunk of it, although I always hear people say nothing rides like a Rolls-Royce I guess I will have to take their word for it because I probably will never be in one) yet I never seen a Mercedes-Maybach here in the Greater Toronto Area, perhaps people either pay less to get an S-Class or pay much more for the full ultra-luxury experience Rolls-Royces provides. Have you seen some Maybachs around where you live? Let me know because I am curious as I have never seen one on Canadian soil (maybe I just don't happen to be there when people drive them out) There are plenty of S-Classes, and also quite a lot of Rolls-Royces and Bentleys too in downtown Toronto specifically.

Oh, I see... I thought your appointment was scheduled for June 18th guess I remembered it wrong, my bad sorry, but the earlier the better as the sooner they can have it fixed and give you your car back I guess : ) ?

Yes definitely test drive one, it will be a great experience. If you don't need the extra doors as well, perhaps look into the E-Class coupé, it is slightly longer than the C-Class sedan and shorter than the E-Class sedan but it is wider than C-Class. I am actually considering that as my option if I do ever get bored of my C43 (which is unlikely anytime soon xD, that being said the E-Class coupé if it isn't an AMG, it will be more boring as you would expect, either way, I was looking at the E450 coupé which I test drove before when I am weighing my options, it has the same engine as our cars (only applies to the pfl) just tuned differently with a different transmission) For sure, sometimes the extra leg room is nice to have when we are bringing a friend with us for a drive or picking someone up at the airport the trunk is bigger too for the baggage.

Yup, I think the matte finish definitely helps with reducing or eliminating glare. I was hoping they give you a GLC 43 facelift loaner so you can have a feel of the changes the facelift brought to GL/C 43 in general. Since the GLC is based on the C-Class, the facelift GLC 43 should be similar in tuning (especially under the hood changes) to the C43 fl, other than just different exterior designs (SUV vs sedan afterall). Yup same for me, people prefer SUV maybe because they do like the feeling of sitting higher, I am personally not that type of a person (others think SUVs are safer, I believe sedans are just as safe) Ya, it was an "interesting" decision for MB to not include MBUX (as you know MBUX stands for Mercedes-Benz User Experience, which the fl C43 doesn't have, just imagine a MB without the Mercedes-Benz experience? Alright, that was a terrible joke, carry on : ) on the fl C43 (on top of the interesting decision of putting the panamericana grille on the fl glc 43 and not fl C43, although I understand why some people will prefer the single bar design grille on the fl C43 that was brought down from the C63 pfl) I guess the main reason they didn't bring MBUX over was that they want to further perfect it before putting it on their best selling vehicles but I could be completely wrong. Although the newer COMAND NTG 5.5 on the fl isn't that bad, ie. the graphics look pretty good and there are more options and everything is pretty straightforward. The MBUX is indeed the benchmark in infotainment systems and it is that good, I wasn't surprised that you like it. I had a base A-Class loaner before and the systems are pretty responsive despite the price tag of that vehicle and it is pretty easy to use (once you get the hang of it, otherwise it can be confusing as there are so many options and customizations, many themes and stuff but we can also say to some degree that it requires time to get used to the COMAND system as well >>> as compared to other systems of that era)

I mean, I fully understand your point. Both vehicles (CLS fl and GT 4-door fl) are not bad designs, but I don't know how (more like a rant, sorry xD) they can call it a facelift if there are almost zero changes to the exterior design (as for the CLS facelift, there are only slight changes to the front bumper, maybe I don't know the true definition of the word facelift or I am just spoiled by the amount of changes the facelift C43 had over the pfl) and zero changes (as for the GT 4-door facelift, zero changes to exterior design other than new wheels). As for the models looking alike, I think that was happening for a while now, like for example the C-Class 205 looked like a smaller E-Class which looked like a smaller S-Class while now it is the other way around, S-Class looks like a stretched A-Class (I prefer the other way around like how W205 did it, as in C looks like a smaller S) Definitely agree with you on the design being the best in the business, although there are clear references in design from other manufacturers specifically Nissan and Infiniti which MB partnered with for certain vehicles and (once have shares of?) I mean, just look at the Q60 and the new CLA's rear and front, specifically the headlights and taillights. As for BMW, it is a controversial design for sure, I mean those who like it will certainly get it those who don't won't ever have it on their shopping list, thankfully, BMW has a vehicle for everyone just like MB and other competing manufacturers. In MB's defense, I can also say the rear of the all new 3-series sedan taillights look like it was a straight copy of Lexus and the Audi A5 pfl taillights looks like the lights of the 3-series sedan just flipped upside down.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-18-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:53 AM

2017 C43 AMG
For sure, the less taxes the better can't complain about not needing to pay too much tax. We are already paying so much tax for everything else, the least we want is even more taxes on cars. Yup one of the things I love about ICE over electric is the sound (but I got to admit I do like the porsche taycan's artificial sound www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=huSvhv-vXGI) As you mentioned, there is more excitement in an ICE car, the turbo spoofing up (or supercharged vehicles or .... even better, naturally aspirated cars), the power increases as the engine revs up, the transmission shifting, etc. unlike the instant torque and instant pull in electric vehicles. For those who drive manual, they will miss it as it isn't quite possible on electric vehicles, electric vehicles can also get boring fast. While as ICE, in the case of our C43.s, the sound of the exhaust can sometimes be different, the crackles can sometimes be un-predictable and when it happens it is such a joy to listen to especially when you are not expecting it. It will be interesting for sure to see how the automotive industry will become in 10-20-30 years like you mentioned, I wonder if cars will fly at that point. I guess we won't have our own cars as ride sharing and autonomous vehicles gradually take over. Let's enjoy what we have right now before those things take over.

Mercedes-Maybach, is cheaper than a Rolls-Royce (not surprising, as the badge might cost a good chunk of it, although I always hear people say nothing rides like a Rolls-Royce I guess I will have to take their word for it because I probably will never be in one) yet I never seen a Mercedes-Maybach here in the Greater Toronto Area, perhaps people either pay less to get an S-Class or pay much more for the full ultra-luxury experience Rolls-Royces provides. Have you seen some Maybachs around where you live? Let me know because I am curious as I have never seen one on Canadian soil (maybe I just don't happen to be there when people drive them out) There are plenty of S-Classes, and also quite a lot of Rolls-Royces and Bentleys too in downtown Toronto specifically.

Oh, I see... I thought your appointment was scheduled for June 18th guess I remembered it wrong, my bad sorry, but the earlier the better as the sooner they can have it fixed and give you your car back I guess : ) ?

Yes definitely test drive one, it will be a great experience. If you don't need the extra doors as well, perhaps look into the E-Class coupé, it is slightly longer than the C-Class sedan and shorter than the E-Class sedan but it is wider than C-Class. I am actually considering that as my option if I do ever get bored of my C43 (which is unlikely anytime soon xD, that being said the E-Class coupé if it isn't an AMG, it will be more boring as you would expect, either way, I was looking at the E450 coupé which I test drove before when I am weighing my options, it has the same engine as our cars (only applies to the pfl) just tuned differently with a different transmission) For sure, sometimes the extra leg room is nice to have when we are bringing a friend with us for a drive or picking someone up at the airport the trunk is bigger too for the baggage.

Yup, I think the matte finish definitely helps with reducing or eliminating glare. I was hoping they give you a GLC 43 facelift loaner so you can have a feel of the changes the facelift brought to GL/C 43 in general. Since the GLC is based on the C-Class, the facelift GLC 43 should be similar in tuning (especially under the hood changes) to the C43 fl, other than just different exterior designs (SUV vs sedan afterall). Yup same for me, people prefer SUV maybe because they do like the feeling of sitting higher, I am personally not that type of a person (others think SUVs are safer, I believe sedans are just as safe) Ya, it was an "interesting" decision for MB to not include MBUX (as you know MBUX stands for Mercedes-Benz User Experience, which the fl C43 doesn't have, just imagine a MB without the Mercedes-Benz experience? Alright, that was a terrible joke, carry on : ) on the fl C43 (on top of the interesting decision of putting the panamericana grille on the fl glc 43 and not fl C43, although I understand why some people will prefer the single bar design grille on the fl C43 that was brought down from the C63 pfl) I guess the main reason they didn't bring MBUX over was that they want to further perfect it before putting it on their best selling vehicles but I could be completely wrong. Although the newer COMAND NTG 5.5 on the fl isn't that bad, ie. the graphics look pretty good and there are more options and everything is pretty straightforward. The MBUX is indeed the benchmark in infotainment systems and it is that good, I wasn't surprised that you like it. I had a base A-Class loaner before and the systems are pretty responsive despite the price tag of that vehicle and it is pretty easy to use (once you get the hang of it, otherwise it can be confusing as there are so many options and customizations, many themes and stuff but we can also say to some degree that it requires time to get used to the COMAND system as well >>> as compared to other systems of that era)

I mean, I fully understand your point. Both vehicles (CLS fl and GT 4-door fl) are not bad designs, but I don't know how (more like a rant, sorry xD) they can call it a facelift if there are almost zero changes to the exterior design (as for the CLS facelift, there are only slight changes to the front bumper, maybe I don't know the true definition of the word facelift or I am just spoiled by the amount of changes the facelift C43 had over the pfl) and zero changes (as for the GT 4-door facelift, zero changes to exterior design other than new wheels). As for the models looking alike, I think that was happening for a while now, like for example the C-Class 205 looked like a smaller E-Class which looked like a smaller S-Class while now it is the other way around, S-Class looks like a stretched A-Class (I prefer the other way around like how W205 did it, as in C looks like a smaller S) Definitely agree with you on the design being the best in the business, although there are clear references in design from other manufacturers specifically Nissan and Infiniti which MB partnered with for certain vehicles and (once have shares of?) I mean, just look at the Q60 and the new CLA's rear and front, specifically the headlights and taillights. As for BMW, it is a controversial design for sure, I mean those who like it will certainly get it those who don't won't ever have it on their shopping list, thankfully, BMW has a vehicle for everyone just like MB and other competing manufacturers. In MB's defense, I can also say the rear of the all new 3-series sedan taillights look like it was a straight copy of Lexus and the Audi A5 pfl taillights looks like the lights of the 3-series sedan just flipped upside down.
Yeah enough with taxes!
And true ICE are better for a lot of things like you said, sound, turbos spooling, etc. I'm personally not a fan of the quiet electric sound lol. And I have to say the C43 probably has one of the better sounding V6 engines out there... Haha yeah that'll be interesting to see if flying cars will come about, that would mean everyone getting re-tested and re-learning..

Really you've never seen a Mercedes-Maybach in TO area?! Yes I've seen a few Mercedes-Maybach here. Lots of rich kids in Vancouver, lots of Lambos/Ferrari/Porsche.. RR is like the big boss car. I heard they have over 50,000 different colours to choose when customizing, everyone is unique.

Yeah the car is in the shop they said they might need it for a while until they figure it out.. so waiting game now..

I test drove a 2018 E43 AMG this weekend, its a nice car! fully loaded I loved the massage seats I can see in person its bigger than the C43, but feels more heavy that the C43. E43 feels like its built stronger and some of the quality like leather in seats and headliner is better quality (the price is more for E-class). First time seeing the two screens (long side by side) on the E-class It was annoying I was getting some glare in the sun as I was driving depending on where the sun was. I actually prefer the FL C43 screen how its separate. E43 is a nice car, but I think I'd stick with the C43 after driving this one.
They have 2 brand new 2021 C43 coming maybe in the next month or so, so he said he will call me and I can try it out. It's the last 2 new ones coming off the line to Vancouver.

I got the GLC 300 MY21 year as a loner, and wow the MBUX is cool, you can talk to it lol I was having some fun on the weekend with it. and I love how you can change the lighting inside to multi tone colours instead of all one color, looks cool that's for sure! GLC is definiately noticeably slower than the C43, I feel like I have to step hard on the gas for it to go, and also not used to driving a SUV, all my cars where small sedans lol.
I do wish the kinda brought MBUX to FL C43 but I guess yeah they wanted to perfect it. I don't mind the panameria grill but I like the twin blade one the C43 FL has too..

Old 06-23-2021, 09:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah enough with taxes!
And true ICE are better for a lot of things like you said, sound, turbos spooling, etc. I'm personally not a fan of the quiet electric sound lol. And I have to say the C43 probably has one of the better sounding V6 engines out there... Haha yeah that'll be interesting to see if flying cars will come about, that would mean everyone getting re-tested and re-learning..

Really you've never seen a Mercedes-Maybach in TO area?! Yes I've seen a few Mercedes-Maybach here. Lots of rich kids in Vancouver, lots of Lambos/Ferrari/Porsche.. RR is like the big boss car. I heard they have over 50,000 different colours to choose when customizing, everyone is unique.

Yeah the car is in the shop they said they might need it for a while until they figure it out.. so waiting game now..

I test drove a 2018 E43 AMG this weekend, its a nice car! fully loaded I loved the massage seats I can see in person its bigger than the C43, but feels more heavy that the C43. E43 feels like its built stronger and some of the quality like leather in seats and headliner is better quality (the price is more for E-class). First time seeing the two screens (long side by side) on the E-class It was annoying I was getting some glare in the sun as I was driving depending on where the sun was. I actually prefer the FL C43 screen how its separate. E43 is a nice car, but I think I'd stick with the C43 after driving this one.
They have 2 brand new 2021 C43 coming maybe in the next month or so, so he said he will call me and I can try it out. It's the last 2 new ones coming off the line to Vancouver.

I got the GLC 300 MY21 year as a loner, and wow the MBUX is cool, you can talk to it lol I was having some fun on the weekend with it. and I love how you can change the lighting inside to multi tone colours instead of all one color, looks cool that's for sure! GLC is definiately noticeably slower than the C43, I feel like I have to step hard on the gas for it to go, and also not used to driving a SUV, all my cars where small sedans lol.
I do wish the kinda brought MBUX to FL C43 but I guess yeah they wanted to perfect it. I don't mind the panameria grill but I like the twin blade one the C43 FL has too..
Yup the exhaust was one of the many reasons why I got my C43 (other than awd, looks, adequate performance, driving dynamics etc.), absolutely love it. I mean I feel you, the exhaust of an ICE truly can't be replaced by any computer generated noise that electric vehicles make, Taycan is no exception. I might sort of enjoy it right now but I am sure I would get bored of it rather quickly compared to the exhaust of an ICE and especially cars like the C43 and spending that much money yet still getting bored doesn't seem like it will be worth it.

Very true about getting re-tested and re-learning but I wonder if it will also be autonomous when the time comes, we will certainly miss having control of our own vehicles. Hmmm, so it turns out, flying cars are already a thing now, the technology is there, just that it is super inefficient and not viable. If it is powered by electricity, the same range problem facing regular cars will apply to these flying cars and worse because takeoff probably consumes a lot of energy and not to mention we need a huge battery which adds to weight and even more energy consumed, to help with that the battery gets even bigger which then is more heavier and repeat... it is a never ending cycle. I also don't see how they are going to regulate everything too, air traffic control centres are most likely incapable of dealing with the traffic generated by flying cars. There needs to be a lot of driver training before people should be allowed to drive in the sky as there is basically no take two, almost guaranteed death for falls caused by out of gas/electricity and especially accidents. Another thing is, proper and utmost attention to maintenance of the vehicle is extremely important as we can't be parking on the shoulder like we were on land, instead we fall right down especially if the failure caused the engine to stall. The risk of death during a collision in the sky is also much worse, so people should have similar training such as the ones given to a pilot, I also don't see how cops can enforce traffic laws up there safely (unless they can use a device to disable the vehicle's forward movement yet don't let it fall from the sky but then how will we prevent such abuse by people other than cops who managed to get access to such device?) and how would the flying cars avoid commercial aircrafts and other road users including birds? That being said, I came across of an article saying a Japanese company "plans to commercialize flying cars as soon as 2023" so it is not that far in the future but there has to be a certain break through in at least in battery technology first.

Yup never, I too always see Lambos, Ferraris, Bentleys, Porsche, RRs, Bugatti even, bunch of McLarens, Aston Martins but not Maybachs. As for AMGs, the most common ones I see are SUV 63 models, GLC-GLE-G. Rarely an S65 or G 65 (have a feeling MB discontinued G 65 in Canada though at some point). For some reason Torontonians hate Maybachs? Ya Rolls-Royces have a lot of customizations for sure, your comment reminded me of a Throttle House video when he asked Jason of Engineering Explained to calculate the amount of options that a Porsche Panamera had, and the number was rather huge (spoiler: approximately 1.26 quintillion) so I am not surprised that Rolls-Royce is triple that or way more given how you said just colours alone are available in 50,000 combinations (I just learned that from you, so thanks for telling me that). Here's that video from Throttle House : www.youtube.com/watch?v=eudlCgbWytQ (see pinned comment Engineering Explained posted on the video page if you are curious c: )

Sorry that it is taking them so long to get your car fixed and returned back to you, waiting sure isn't fun I got to admit. Whenever I order something that takes months, the waiting is what killed me all the time but it was always worth it in the end. In the meantime, enjoy MBUX while you have the loaner, enjoy it to the point that you get bored of it so you don't miss it when you get your 2017 back or when you get a facelift C43. Perhaps you could also enjoy some pros the GLC 300 has for the time being, such as a much softer suspension compared to the fl C43 and even more compared to pfl C43. Better fuel economy on the GLC 300 being a pro too but obviously then you get less "smiles per miles" which is not that good of a tradeoff after all : ) . Oh another thing about the GLC is that you can haul more stuff : P. Yup MBUX you can talk to it using natural language, it is basically a voice assistant, think of it like Google Assistant and Siri, it is truly an impressive system (In our pfls, we still have LINGUATRONIC though, we just can't ask our cars about the weather or ask Mercedes to tell us a joke) but as for MBUX, you can say things like you are cold and vice versa and it adjusts the temperature accordingly. The passenger can say the same to adjust the temperature because there is another mic above them which helps the system identify where the sound is coming from. You could tell the car to open the sunroof or the roller sunshade and it will do it (also something LINGUATRONIC can't do unfortunately). As for the multi-light, you could do the same for the fl C43 if I recalled correctly, we don't have 64 ambient light colours in our pfls hence why ours couldn't do it. Ah haha , I mean I am not surprised that you found it slow since we got used to our 362 horsepower cars, suddenly driving 4-cylinders with 255 horsepower (I think? in the GLC 300) is a massive change, not to mention the transmission programming plays a huge role. The GLC 300 is programmed for comfort with smooth and unnoticeable shifts. Different vehicle for a different purpose, MB has a vehicle for everyone c: ... The increasing popularity of SUV is certainly interesting, I read one of Dennis DesRosiers' report on the Canadian market and light trucks are overtaking small passenger cars by a huge margin and it increases every year, that explains why various manufacturers are discontinuing multiple lines of passenger cars in their lineup. I don't see the appeal of SUVs at all they are not fun to toss around in corners even for AMG models but I guess I need to test drive one to see how far they have come (actually I guess other than the practicality, legroom and headroom... family hauler if you will), perhaps I am just not the target market. At least consider wagons/T-modells/estates same practicality and still drives like a car. That being said, I heard the Macan Turbo despite being an SUV drives like a car so that is something. I too, like you, don't want to sit so high as well so an SUV that drives like a car isn't a solution for me either.

I see, at least you like some features of the E-Class I thought you would like it more though, oh well, I guess it wasn't the car that fits your needs. Did you test drive a sedan or was it another body style, I wonder if you would like other body styles more when it comes to the E-Class. Yes, the massaging seats in the E-Class is a huge selling point I always heard that MB makes the best massaging seats too. Unfortunately the vehicle I test driven didn't have them so I can't actually experience it myself but thanks for sharing your experience with it, I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it! "Real" Benz or not, I think you wouldn't had got a MB if the C-Class didn't exist based on your needs to be honest I could be the same too so glad the C-Class is a thing. You can't go wrong if you were to stick with the C-Class it is just such a nice size (probably one of the many reasons why it is still the best seller in MB's lineup), it is such a wise choice that you will sure to enjoy : )... Yup, the C43 certainly feels much lighter than the E43. The E43 has a lot more tech which I think contributes to the weight not to mention the E-Class' chassis is heavier than C's. If you had complains for body roll in the C then E is much worse in this regard. In regards to leather quality, depends if your test driven vehicle had Nappa leather, if it doesn't it is slightly better than the leather we have in our C43 but not much (hmmm, I think leather was an option for our cars, the standard was probably artico dinamica), only when we were to put Nappa into the mix is when there is a huge difference (imo). Ah you reminded me about a feature that is nice to have, if you have heated seats (not sure if there is another option on top of this like a rapid heating option over the standard heated seats) the armrest will heat up along with the middle storage compartment so that is a nice feature I think. I also like and dislike the magic vision control where the windshield spray nozzle is built in the wipers. Like how it doesn't spray everywhere, dislike how it has to dry scrape the windshield first before spraying which worns it out much quicker. As for the overall quality, being an E-Class it make sense that it should be higher than the C-Class and therefore the price too I think but since the E-Class you test drove is made in Germany, the fit and finish would probably be better than cars that aren't. Interesting comment on the glare, for my brief test driving with the E450, it wasn't too bad but I guess it wasn't as sunny that day and perhaps the height we set our seats also make a difference, I wonder if setting the screen brighter or changing the screen from classic to something else also helps? The matte finish that you noticed on the fl GLC certainly does help with glare. I also prefer the separate screens to a certain extent but I really like how nice the dual side-by-side screen looked when the E-Class first came out (S-Class started that first but E-Class had less bezels prior to facelift S-Class) with the dual screens. Now, since every car company is going screen this screen that, it generates less excitement for me and I actually started to dislike (not to the point of hate) displays in cars. Actually dislike might not be true either, I might like it once I see it in person in the new S-Class or new C-Class and get used to it, over time will tell but the E-Class to me is a good mix of screens and buttons which I truly liked when it first came out. Sweet, hopefully when things are back to normal (including the prices of these cars caused by chip shortage) that you can get a fl of your dreams if you decide to get one. Do please let me know your experience once you test drive the fl C43, very curious to hear what you think about it : ) As for the grille of the facelift, in my honest opinion, the panamericana grille does look good to a certain extent but since MB is putting it on basically all new AMG branded vehicles from all model ranges, it all look too alike while as the twin blade design actually looks surprisingly unique and exclusive, despite being a very old grille design of AMG branded vehicles brought down from 63 models.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Hmmm so came across this, which is related to the topic we were talking about. Looks like BMW helped develop this flying car. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57651843
Unreleated: Been over a week hopefully your car is all fixed up and you are enjoying it once again!

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 07-05-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

@AMGzee , sorry to ping you but I am curious how was the repair for your car since it has been a while, I hope it was all fixed and you are just too busy enjoying it hence why I don't see you around on the forum. Looking forward to the update to your car.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:55 AM

2017 C43 AMG
@AMGzee , sorry to ping you but I am curious how was the repair for your car since it has been a while, I hope it was all fixed and you are just too busy enjoying it hence why I don't see you around on the forum. Looking forward to the update to your car.
Hey sorry I've been so busy past month haven't had time for much..

I got my car back a few weeks ago. They had my car for 1 month and all what they did was test drove it and never fixed anything, what a joke! And also past week my power motto for my trunk came lose and rattling in the headliner and found a clip that fell off. Starting to get frustrated with the build quality of these new MB cars feeling cheap..

But anyways this is what the service advisor sent me:

"FOREMEN INVOLVED IN ALL ROAD TESTING. PERFORMED ROAD TEST - INTERMITTENTLY ABLE TO VERIFY CUSTOMER CONCERN CONSISTENTLY, USUALLY ONLY WHEN VEHICLE IS HOT / SITTING IN THE SUN. NOISE IS VERY MINIMAL, AND VERY INTERMITTENT, DUE TO POSSIBLE CONTACT BETWEEN TWO SURFACES. COMPARED TO OTHER VEHICLES, SAME SCENARIO, NOISE IS MINIMAL, INTERMITTENT, AND SEEMS TO BE TEMPERATURE DEPENDENT. INTERMITTENT NOISE CONCERN IS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE. VEHICLE IS NOW OUT OF FACTORY WARRANTY. WE CANNOT REPLACE PARTS WITHOUT DUE CAUSE AND/OR SAFETY CONCERN. RECOMMEND BRINGING THE VEHICLE BACK WHEN NOISE IS MORE APPARENT AND EASIER TO IDENTIFY." As per his recommendations it needs to get louder and more consistent before we can locate it."

So yeah just have to live with it for now. But I'll be getting out of this C43 until I can find another C43. I feel like this one will be problems.. I really wish I can order a 2021 to my specs.. Dealership has some but they aren't spec'd with leather seats which I want, no carbon fibre which I want, and just plain black or white, which I like the metallic colours. Not spec'd Intelligent drive package or some not spec'd with AMG exhaust - which is a MUST. I feel like If I'm spending this much money I'm going all out on specs not going to cheap out for $2k or whatever when spending $80k plus. And those few for sale at dealer are all going for $5 k plus more than what it shows when you spec it on MB canada build your own.
And there is one 2021 C43 used with over 3,000 km miles on it they are asking just over $83k but when I spec it online its $77k. I'm sorry but when a vehicle is used it should be less than MSRP.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Hey sorry I've been so busy past month haven't had time for much..

I got my car back a few weeks ago. They had my car for 1 month and all what they did was test drove it and never fixed anything, what a joke! And also past week my power motto for my trunk came lose and rattling in the headliner and found a clip that fell off. Starting to get frustrated with the build quality of these new MB cars feeling cheap..

But anyways this is what the service advisor sent me:

"FOREMEN INVOLVED IN ALL ROAD TESTING. PERFORMED ROAD TEST - INTERMITTENTLY ABLE TO VERIFY CUSTOMER CONCERN CONSISTENTLY, USUALLY ONLY WHEN VEHICLE IS HOT / SITTING IN THE SUN. NOISE IS VERY MINIMAL, AND VERY INTERMITTENT, DUE TO POSSIBLE CONTACT BETWEEN TWO SURFACES. COMPARED TO OTHER VEHICLES, SAME SCENARIO, NOISE IS MINIMAL, INTERMITTENT, AND SEEMS TO BE TEMPERATURE DEPENDENT. INTERMITTENT NOISE CONCERN IS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE. VEHICLE IS NOW OUT OF FACTORY WARRANTY. WE CANNOT REPLACE PARTS WITHOUT DUE CAUSE AND/OR SAFETY CONCERN. RECOMMEND BRINGING THE VEHICLE BACK WHEN NOISE IS MORE APPARENT AND EASIER TO IDENTIFY." As per his recommendations it needs to get louder and more consistent before we can locate it."

So yeah just have to live with it for now. But I'll be getting out of this C43 until I can find another C43. I feel like this one will be problems.. I really wish I can order a 2021 to my specs.. Dealership has some but they aren't spec'd with leather seats which I want, no carbon fibre which I want, and just plain black or white, which I like the metallic colours. Not spec'd Intelligent drive package or some not spec'd with AMG exhaust - which is a MUST. I feel like If I'm spending this much money I'm going all out on specs not going to cheap out for $2k or whatever when spending $80k plus. And those few for sale at dealer are all going for $5 k plus more than what it shows when you spec it on MB canada build your own.
And there is one 2021 C43 used with over 3,000 km miles on it they are asking just over $83k but when I spec it online its $77k. I'm sorry but when a vehicle is used it should be less than MSRP.
No worries at all. Thanks for your update. Sorry to hear that MB wasn't able to help you out with the steering wheel noise, usually when this happens (when multiple visits to the dealership in an attempt to solve the issue to no avail) I recommend people to create a TIPS case with MB to escalate to Germany but given how your car is out of warranty and that you most likely want to trade it in for a facelift, I don't think it will be worth your time since it will take forever for them to process everything and the worse case scenario, they won't even consider it as a fault. May I ask, did you follow up with your dealership on a weekly basis and ask why there was no update on the status of the repair? I don't know if it is worth your time but perhaps bring the vehicle to a different dealership? As for what was quoted above, I can confirm to you, this noise is definitely not normal, at least I don't hear it on my car. I wonder if it is a coincidence that they found another vehicle with the exact noise or they are simply lying.

The very least, I hope you found something to enjoy in the GLC (you mentioned MBUX last time) while your car sat in the dealership. They need to have a better (and more convincing) explanation on why they kept your vehicle for a whole month doing nothing.

Yup the market is certainly crazy because of the chip shortage not to mention the C43 is a rather popular car. I am hoping your current car can sell for a good amount of money to offset the premium on the facelift due to the chip shortage. That being said, the C43 successor based on the new C-Class (W206) gen with the 4-cylinder is likely to be announced next month during the IAA, prices of W205 C43 facelift might or might not come down because of that.

On a side note, if you have a minute or two and that you want to read the reply a few posts above please do, if you want to comment that is great, if not it is perfectly fine : ) (it was a reply based on your post, some of the topics includes flying cars, discussion on SUV's market share, car designs (incl. grille), safety features, tech in the E-Class, screens, 1.26 quintillion options for the Porsche Panamera, etc.)

Either way, keep me updated on your car search and I wish you luck in finding the spec of your dreams.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:27 AM

2017 C43 AMG
No worries at all. Thanks for your update. Sorry to hear that MB wasn't able to help you out with the steering wheel noise, usually when this happens (when multiple visits to the dealership in an attempt to solve the issue to no avail) I recommend people to create a TIPS case with MB to escalate to Germany but given how your car is out of warranty and that you most likely want to trade it in for a facelift, I don't think it will be worth your time since it will take forever for them to process everything and the worse case scenario, they won't even consider it as a fault. May I ask, did you follow up with your dealership on a weekly basis and ask why there was no update on the status of the repair? I don't know if it is worth your time but perhaps bring the vehicle to a different dealership? As for what was quoted above, I can confirm to you, this noise is definitely not normal, at least I don't hear it on my car. I wonder if it is a coincidence that they found another vehicle with the exact noise or they are simply lying.

The very least, I hope you found something to enjoy in the GLC (you mentioned MBUX last time) while your car sat in the dealership. They need to have a better (and more convincing) explanation on why they kept your vehicle for a whole month doing nothing.

Yup the market is certainly crazy because of the chip shortage not to mention the C43 is a rather popular car. I am hoping your current car can sell for a good amount of money to offset the premium on the facelift due to the chip shortage. That being said, the C43 successor based on the new C-Class (W206) gen with the 4-cylinder is likely to be announced next month during the IAA, prices of W205 C43 facelift might or might not come down because of that.

On a side note, if you have a minute or two and that you want to read the reply a few posts above please do, if you want to comment that is great, if not it is perfectly fine : ) (it was a reply based on your post, some of the topics includes flying cars, discussion on SUV's market share, car designs (incl. grille), safety features, tech in the E-Class, screens, 1.26 quintillion options for the Porsche Panamera, etc.)

Either way, keep me updated on your car search and I wish you luck in finding the spec of your dreams.

Yeah it was 3 times over this issue I tried going to get it fixed. But unfortunately nothing got solved about this, at least everything else they were good about it.
I contacted the service advisor a few times but he said he was waiting on shop foreman to get back to him and they were waiting for MB Canada to see what they would say. And also I didn't want to bother them always calling so I waited.
I know that the noise is not normal as all the loners I have had never made that noise, I think they just don't want to bother with it and now its out of factory warranty, and also I doubt they heard it on other cars the same noise because it is not normal!. It is what it is now unfortunately, but I will wait until end of year/beginning next year to see what I want to do.

The GLC was nice but I still like the sedan C43 I do kind of like the MBUX and also the two tone led lighting at night you can mix colours.

I asked the dealer about trade in and they said they would give me close to what I paid for it last year. But there isn't anything now I want to trade for at the moment. And I do also want to wait for the W206 to come out and see it in person and maybe test drive that and see..

Oh I forgot and missed that post. I'll read it now!
Old 08-11-2021, 12:38 AM

2017 C43 AMG
Yup the exhaust was one of the many reasons why I got my C43 (other than awd, looks, adequate performance, driving dynamics etc.), absolutely love it. I mean I feel you, the exhaust of an ICE truly can't be replaced by any computer generated noise that electric vehicles make, Taycan is no exception. I might sort of enjoy it right now but I am sure I would get bored of it rather quickly compared to the exhaust of an ICE and especially cars like the C43 and spending that much money yet still getting bored doesn't seem like it will be worth it.

Very true about getting re-tested and re-learning but I wonder if it will also be autonomous when the time comes, we will certainly miss having control of our own vehicles. Hmmm, so it turns out, flying cars are already a thing now, the technology is there, just that it is super inefficient and not viable. If it is powered by electricity, the same range problem facing regular cars will apply to these flying cars and worse because takeoff probably consumes a lot of energy and not to mention we need a huge battery which adds to weight and even more energy consumed, to help with that the battery gets even bigger which then is more heavier and repeat... it is a never ending cycle. I also don't see how they are going to regulate everything too, air traffic control centres are most likely incapable of dealing with the traffic generated by flying cars. There needs to be a lot of driver training before people should be allowed to drive in the sky as there is basically no take two, almost guaranteed death for falls caused by out of gas/electricity and especially accidents. Another thing is, proper and utmost attention to maintenance of the vehicle is extremely important as we can't be parking on the shoulder like we were on land, instead we fall right down especially if the failure caused the engine to stall. The risk of death during a collision in the sky is also much worse, so people should have similar training such as the ones given to a pilot, I also don't see how cops can enforce traffic laws up there safely (unless they can use a device to disable the vehicle's forward movement yet don't let it fall from the sky but then how will we prevent such abuse by people other than cops who managed to get access to such device?) and how would the flying cars avoid commercial aircrafts and other road users including birds? That being said, I came across of an article saying a Japanese company "plans to commercialize flying cars as soon as 2023" so it is not that far in the future but there has to be a certain break through in at least in battery technology first.

Yup never, I too always see Lambos, Ferraris, Bentleys, Porsche, RRs, Bugatti even, bunch of McLarens, Aston Martins but not Maybachs. As for AMGs, the most common ones I see are SUV 63 models, GLC-GLE-G. Rarely an S65 or G 65 (have a feeling MB discontinued G 65 in Canada though at some point). For some reason Torontonians hate Maybachs? Ya Rolls-Royces have a lot of customizations for sure, your comment reminded me of a Throttle House video when he asked Jason of Engineering Explained to calculate the amount of options that a Porsche Panamera had, and the number was rather huge (spoiler: approximately 1.26 quintillion) so I am not surprised that Rolls-Royce is triple that or way more given how you said just colours alone are available in 50,000 combinations (I just learned that from you, so thanks for telling me that). Here's that video from Throttle House : www.youtube.com/watch?v=eudlCgbWytQ (see pinned comment Engineering Explained posted on the video page if you are curious c: )

Sorry that it is taking them so long to get your car fixed and returned back to you, waiting sure isn't fun I got to admit. Whenever I order something that takes months, the waiting is what killed me all the time but it was always worth it in the end. In the meantime, enjoy MBUX while you have the loaner, enjoy it to the point that you get bored of it so you don't miss it when you get your 2017 back or when you get a facelift C43. Perhaps you could also enjoy some pros the GLC 300 has for the time being, such as a much softer suspension compared to the fl C43 and even more compared to pfl C43. Better fuel economy on the GLC 300 being a pro too but obviously then you get less "smiles per miles" which is not that good of a tradeoff after all : ) . Oh another thing about the GLC is that you can haul more stuff : P. Yup MBUX you can talk to it using natural language, it is basically a voice assistant, think of it like Google Assistant and Siri, it is truly an impressive system (In our pfls, we still have LINGUATRONIC though, we just can't ask our cars about the weather or ask Mercedes to tell us a joke) but as for MBUX, you can say things like you are cold and vice versa and it adjusts the temperature accordingly. The passenger can say the same to adjust the temperature because there is another mic above them which helps the system identify where the sound is coming from. You could tell the car to open the sunroof or the roller sunshade and it will do it (also something LINGUATRONIC can't do unfortunately). As for the multi-light, you could do the same for the fl C43 if I recalled correctly, we don't have 64 ambient light colours in our pfls hence why ours couldn't do it. Ah haha , I mean I am not surprised that you found it slow since we got used to our 362 horsepower cars, suddenly driving 4-cylinders with 255 horsepower (I think? in the GLC 300) is a massive change, not to mention the transmission programming plays a huge role. The GLC 300 is programmed for comfort with smooth and unnoticeable shifts. Different vehicle for a different purpose, MB has a vehicle for everyone c: ... The increasing popularity of SUV is certainly interesting, I read one of Dennis DesRosiers' report on the Canadian market and light trucks are overtaking small passenger cars by a huge margin and it increases every year, that explains why various manufacturers are discontinuing multiple lines of passenger cars in their lineup. I don't see the appeal of SUVs at all they are not fun to toss around in corners even for AMG models but I guess I need to test drive one to see how far they have come (actually I guess other than the practicality, legroom and headroom... family hauler if you will), perhaps I am just not the target market. At least consider wagons/T-modells/estates same practicality and still drives like a car. That being said, I heard the Macan Turbo despite being an SUV drives like a car so that is something. I too, like you, don't want to sit so high as well so an SUV that drives like a car isn't a solution for me either.

I see, at least you like some features of the E-Class I thought you would like it more though, oh well, I guess it wasn't the car that fits your needs. Did you test drive a sedan or was it another body style, I wonder if you would like other body styles more when it comes to the E-Class. Yes, the massaging seats in the E-Class is a huge selling point I always heard that MB makes the best massaging seats too. Unfortunately the vehicle I test driven didn't have them so I can't actually experience it myself but thanks for sharing your experience with it, I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it! "Real" Benz or not, I think you wouldn't had got a MB if the C-Class didn't exist based on your needs to be honest I could be the same too so glad the C-Class is a thing. You can't go wrong if you were to stick with the C-Class it is just such a nice size (probably one of the many reasons why it is still the best seller in MB's lineup), it is such a wise choice that you will sure to enjoy : )... Yup, the C43 certainly feels much lighter than the E43. The E43 has a lot more tech which I think contributes to the weight not to mention the E-Class' chassis is heavier than C's. If you had complains for body roll in the C then E is much worse in this regard. In regards to leather quality, depends if your test driven vehicle had Nappa leather, if it doesn't it is slightly better than the leather we have in our C43 but not much (hmmm, I think leather was an option for our cars, the standard was probably artico dinamica), only when we were to put Nappa into the mix is when there is a huge difference (imo). Ah you reminded me about a feature that is nice to have, if you have heated seats (not sure if there is another option on top of this like a rapid heating option over the standard heated seats) the armrest will heat up along with the middle storage compartment so that is a nice feature I think. I also like and dislike the magic vision control where the windshield spray nozzle is built in the wipers. Like how it doesn't spray everywhere, dislike how it has to dry scrape the windshield first before spraying which worns it out much quicker. As for the overall quality, being an E-Class it make sense that it should be higher than the C-Class and therefore the price too I think but since the E-Class you test drove is made in Germany, the fit and finish would probably be better than cars that aren't. Interesting comment on the glare, for my brief test driving with the E450, it wasn't too bad but I guess it wasn't as sunny that day and perhaps the height we set our seats also make a difference, I wonder if setting the screen brighter or changing the screen from classic to something else also helps? The matte finish that you noticed on the fl GLC certainly does help with glare. I also prefer the separate screens to a certain extent but I really like how nice the dual side-by-side screen looked when the E-Class first came out (S-Class started that first but E-Class had less bezels prior to facelift S-Class) with the dual screens. Now, since every car company is going screen this screen that, it generates less excitement for me and I actually started to dislike (not to the point of hate) displays in cars. Actually dislike might not be true either, I might like it once I see it in person in the new S-Class or new C-Class and get used to it, over time will tell but the E-Class to me is a good mix of screens and buttons which I truly liked when it first came out. Sweet, hopefully when things are back to normal (including the prices of these cars caused by chip shortage) that you can get a fl of your dreams if you decide to get one. Do please let me know your experience once you test drive the fl C43, very curious to hear what you think about it : ) As for the grille of the facelift, in my honest opinion, the panamericana grille does look good to a certain extent but since MB is putting it on basically all new AMG branded vehicles from all model ranges, it all look too alike while as the twin blade design actually looks surprisingly unique and exclusive, despite being a very old grille design of AMG branded vehicles brought down from 63 models.
Yes I like the C43 also because of the spray feel to it and 4matic even though 70/30. Do you have the AMG exhaust? I wish mine had the button for the AMG exhaust that's one thing I really want..

I still think it'll be a while until we start regularly seeing flying cars above us while driving. I don't think I'd want to do that, there will be lots of accidents I see unless they can fly on their own somehow or talk to other flying cars and everyone getting tested and passing courses for that.

Yeah I see a lot of everything here especially downtown Vancouver, or on the West End of town (richer area) I do love the new G63 and see quite a few of them around, seen a couple S63 here as well.. Thanks for the video Throttle House cool!

Haha yeah I'm actually glad to be back in my C43, even though the GLC was nice too and yes the softer suspension was awesome too! The power from GLC 300 to C43 is very noticeable and I don't think I can go back down in power lol. It's nice having it just when you want to pass someone on the highway or even in town here and there!

I'll have to add to this at a later date. I have to go now a little busy (big post )
Old 08-11-2021, 07:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah it was 3 times over this issue I tried going to get it fixed. But unfortunately nothing got solved about this, at least everything else they were good about it.
I contacted the service advisor a few times but he said he was waiting on shop foreman to get back to him and they were waiting for MB Canada to see what they would say. And also I didn't want to bother them always calling so I waited.
I know that the noise is not normal as all the loners I have had never made that noise, I think they just don't want to bother with it and now its out of factory warranty, and also I doubt they heard it on other cars the same noise because it is not normal!. It is what it is now unfortunately, but I will wait until end of year/beginning next year to see what I want to do.

The GLC was nice but I still like the sedan C43 I do kind of like the MBUX and also the two tone led lighting at night you can mix colours.

I asked the dealer about trade in and they said they would give me close to what I paid for it last year. But there isn't anything now I want to trade for at the moment. And I do also want to wait for the W206 to come out and see it in person and maybe test drive that and see..

Oh I forgot and missed that post. I'll read it now!
I see, I mean I totally understand why you don't want to bother your service advisior too much that is why I mentioned a week at a time : ) because unfortunately there is no other way to find out the status of the vehicle. I see, ya, likely things will go back to normal at the end of the year or beginning next year.

Yes, the colour mixing is a nice touch for sure : )

Ah nice to hear that they offered you a good amount for your car but you haven't find the vehicle you want, good luck with the search though : ) Yup, W206 will be available in North America early next year and C43 successor based on the W206 generation is being announced in September this year during the IAA. It may or may not arrive at the same time the C300 is next year. The chip shortage hopefully gets sorted out, prices of the used market may come back down but at least new vehicles' prices will hopefully go back to normal. Your vehicle price might come back down but at least the price of new vehicles being more normal should make up for it.

I'll have to add to this at a later date. I have to go now a little busy (big post )
Ah so sorry man, after reading it back, I realized how lengthy that post was. I enjoyed the chat with you and I am happy to share opinions on various topics and enjoyed hearing back on your take on the topics we discussed so far. I will keep it short next time knowing how busy you became. Life comes first of course : ) thanks again for reading it again. Once you find time please do add to it but of course no rush as life definitely comes first. Once you are done adding to your reply I will consolidate both posts and then comment to keep things consistent for you.

Take care buddy! Chat soon : )

Old 11-15-2021, 10:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

@AMGzee , is the noise still present, have it gotten better at least?
Old 11-23-2021, 01:32 AM

2017 C43 AMG
@AMGzee , is the noise still present, have it gotten better at least?
Hey it's been a while since I was on here, been so busy lately, haven't had time for much with work and life.
Thanks for checking in. But yeah noise is still present, although not as often as before. I've learned to live with it that I don't notice it much, but still love the car!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Hey it's been a while since I was on here, been so busy lately, haven't had time for much with work and life.
Thanks for checking in. But yeah noise is still present, although not as often as before. I've learned to live with it that I don't notice it much, but still love the car!
All it matters is that you love it, thanks for updating the status of the vehicle, chat soon!
The following users liked this post:
AMGzee (11-24-2021)