MBUSA re: PP -- "there was a production problem"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by jtrichel
44 North C55, there is nothing rare about this car. There are 70+ for sale on Autotrader right now. There are 4-5 on Dallas lots here right now. Nothing rare about a car that they will sell thousands of in the U.S. Rare compared to other C-series, yes...or Honda Accord, yes, but not all that rare. In MB terms, I guess the Black Series are 'more' rare, or the SLR, etc... you get the picture. Rare = a hundred cars, not thousands upon thousands.

Not trying to get in a big debate about semantics, but I feel that this is the whole point...this is not a "gee, we should just be happy to have it" car. To go through all this on a car that has already been out a year, bases in the $50s is just silly.

RE: other options... I drove the M3 sedan (admittedly not the DCT) and was hugely disappointed. Looked like any other 3-series to me and was so peaky that it would be no fun to drive on the street in my opinion. On a track with the DCT maybe, but my test drive was very uninspiring around town. As I said, I think that I am going back to the RS4, which is just a fantastic all around package, lacking only in an auto transmission and a bit more speed...but plenty for the street.
Rare with the stand alone LSD. Of all those supposed C63's on AT and Dallas lots, how may have this deflated P30 pack. Not too many and I would wager that if anyone turns theirs down it won't last on the open market for very long.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Rare with the stand alone LSD. Of all those supposed C63's on AT and Dallas lots, how may have this deflated P30 pack. Not too many and I would wager that if anyone turns theirs down it won't last on the open market for very long.

Sorry, I see.... yes... interesting point.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Sorry, I see.... yes... interesting point.
Comes from wearing rose colored glasses for most of the last half of the 20th century...LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
I completely agree that MB dealerships in the US have no idea on the PP. One of the salesman that I was talking to at my dealership didn't even know what the PP was and what it included.

I hope that those who ordered the PP for their 2009 C63 are able to figure things out and hopefully you will decide to keep the car that you have ordered. As well, I hope you get some reimbursement from the dealer or some type of agreement to install the missing parts or something good from it. My 2008 is amazing so I wouldn't want people to not enjoy it as well.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by gsrjc
I completely agree that MB dealerships in the US have no idea on the PP. One of the salesman that I was talking to at my dealership didn't even know what the PP was and what it included.

I hope that those who ordered the PP for their 2009 C63 are able to figure things out and hopefully you will decide to keep the car that you have ordered. As well, I hope you get some reimbursement from the dealer or some type of agreement to install the missing parts or something good from it. My 2008 is amazing so I wouldn't want people to not enjoy it as well.
During my two recent test drives, the car seem to buck a lot, hold RPMs, a little hard to predict the shifting, etc...even in Comfort setting. I sort of dismiss this as just needing to get used to it, but admit that I was a little surprised that it didnt drive smoother. The only other thing I question as of late was whether the massive power/torque could really be appreciated around town. The couple times I got on it, I was transported to another place and time. That is definitely fun, I was grinning all the way... but does sort of feel a bit on/off, not a lot in between, especially in auto mode. Just curious to hear feedback from current drivers. I realize this is going a bit off topic from the original thread...
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
During my two recent test drives, the car seem to buck a lot, hold RPMs, a little hard to predict the shifting, etc...even in Comfort setting. I sort of dismiss this as just needing to get used to it, but admit that I was a little surprised that it didnt drive smoother. The only other thing I question as of late was whether the massive power/torque could really be appreciated around town. The couple times I got on it, I was transported to another place and time. That is definitely fun, I was grinning all the way... but does sort of feel a bit on/off, not a lot in between, especially in auto mode. Just curious to hear feedback from current drivers. I realize this is going a bit off topic from the original thread...
That happened to mine the first day for about 15-20 minutes until the transmission gets used to how you drive. I have been driving in Comfort mode so I think that is how it goes until the car gets broken in.

The power/torque is definitely fun around town. I raced a 2009 SL550 another town the other day and it was awesome. We didn't get too crazy but I was definitely pulling on it.

I get tons of stares with the car so that's cool.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Get the RS4, you won't be disappointed, it's a great car.However, $7,500 off MSRP is a joke. Look to shave double that.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I'll wait until more cars come rolling in with the PP package before I start breaking *****... My delivery day is Oct, maybe by then they will have enough beer in them to build them right. : > )))))))
Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by dlbello
I'll wait until more cars come rolling in with the PP package before I start breaking *****... My delivery day is Oct, maybe by then they will have enough beer in them to build them right. : > )))))))
hahah, i was just thinking what does DLBELLO say about this whole debacle
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 PM

Anything with BOOST
I'm thrilled! I just purchased one of these unicorns today. My car has the 030 package but didn't come with the steering wheel. Speaking from my experience with the alcantara wheel in my 06' M3 comp car, it was terrible long term and I didn't want it anyway. The LSD is the most important component for me, I would just assume get the money credited back to me for difference. I'm sure with a little pressure the entire dollar amount could be refunded.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Get the RS4, you won't be disappointed, it's a great car.However, $7,500 off MSRP is a joke. Look to shave double that.

$7500 off INVOICE, not MSRP... sorry if I mistyped. basically loaded at $62k
Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
My dealer told me "Each item has to be chosen with the 030 performance package".
Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 PM

My local dealer has a unit with PP but it only lists the speed delimiter and LSD on the sticker. They checked with Mercedes distribution and were told that the sport suspension is in fact on the car and they are double checking the composit brakes. I will show him the letter tomorrow, go figure....
Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 PM

Boxster
Wow, and I was so close on ordering the first PP. Glad I didn't
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by dbturbo2
My local dealer has a unit with PP but it only lists the speed delimiter and LSD on the sticker. They checked with Mercedes distribution and were told that the sport suspension is in fact on the car and they are double checking the composit brakes. I will show him the letter tomorrow, go figure....
more likely then not.....your local dealer is an idiot

have him put it in writing!!

how can u check if you have the PP suspension??
Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Sincity
DCT certainly makes things interesting. Plus, M3 has a 19" wheel option.

Plus no GG tax on the M3?
Oh yeah...GG tax is added
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
For those of you considering the E9X M3 with DCT, are you aware of the downright scary problem that some of these cars have had with randomly stalling on the driver? Yikes. Hope the DCT software bugs get worked out because that kind of stuff is unacceptable.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 AM

09 c63
yea i want it.

Originally Posted by Last Emperor
in all honesty, they should throw in the Speed Delimiter for FREE

i was willing to pay 3990 for EVERYTHING, im sure most ppl wernt getting the PP because of the Speed delimiter

its a spit in the face trying to charge us more for a delimiter then the LSD

so let me get this straight

LSD =1200
delimiter =1250

Brakes, suspension and wheel only cost $1450 combined ?????????????

YEA OOOOKKKAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

they are only trying to charge 1250 for the delimiter cuz they F'ed up and they dont wanna give the whole PP away for 1200

so they are trying to tell us Speed Delimiter cost 1250

it probably costs MB LESS to not have to add an electronic limiter

after all non-PP cars require an electric limiter
PPs dont have this

this is really messed up

ANYONE want my C63 ?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:06 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
That letter is most entertaining. For a car company in the premium luxury brand segment to "miss" installing elements of their options packages (big things, like suspension, brakes, etc.) is laughable. We can debate how valuable the package, is, etc...but that's not really the point. Its a customer relationship issue. One thing still outstanding = how they "ran out" of carbon fiber...(?)

As I have said previously, LSD on a rear wheel drive car with 451hp/449lbs torque is sort of a "must have", not just for the track. Its crazy to me that something like that doenst come standard on an AMG, their performance brand.
+1. This situation simply infuriates me. My dealer's transporter broke down so I don't take delivery of my P30 09 C63 until Friday which may have turned into a blessing in disguise.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Again MBUSA ****s up and screws all the 2009 C63 PP owners in the ***. I really feel like going down to Montvale, NJ and kicking all the execs asses. Are they really that retarded? How do you have a coding error and still charge people for something you didn't fully offer? What a bunch of ****ing tools.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by zeroordie196
yea i want it.
PM me buddy
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 AM

'03 SL55 '00 S281SC '09 C63
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Again MBUSA ****s up and screws all the 2009 C63 PP owners in the ***. I really feel like going down to Montvale, NJ and kicking all the execs asses. Are they really that retarded? How do you have a coding error and still charge people for something you didn't fully offer? What a bunch of ****ing tools.
Trust me, the feeling of wanting to show up at HQ in Montvale is there for me too. Its definitely a frustrating mess. I live in Montvale, no more than a mile from their numerous buildings. Seeing the buildings last night did not give me the same warm, fuzzy feeling it has times before.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
YoBalls

knock on there door, ad ask the whats the heck is up
Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
very very VERY good deals on ALL bimmers right now

LOL
Why do u think there is are good deals on Bimmers and free service included because they all suck as hell and that is the only reason they do sell most of their cars.!

The BMW dealer here has more than 25 M3's in stock and the MB has 0 C63 in stock and a waiting list for a 3 to 6 month wait.

So in other words you depreciation will be more on a BMW! So it isnt exactly a better buy!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 AM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
Originally Posted by dbturbo2
That would be a rare car indeed...

My understanding from my dealer is that all before a certain production date had only the LSD and Delimiter. No cars produces with either the brakes, suspension & steering wheel in a piece meal fashion.

BTW, I wasn't that concerned about the steering wheel and suspension, but was interested in the brakes. Dealer quoted me the $2,200 to add of the rotors and pads at cost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBUSA re: PP -- "there was a production problem"