C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?

Visited my dealer today to look at an '08 they bought from another dealer when they told me that when ordering my '09 they couldn't order the P02 Premium Package without also ordering the Leather Package. Evidently the computer won't let them pick JUST the P02 package.

Anyone hear that before?

Also...I'm on the lookout for a Capri Blue or Palladium Silver '09. If anyone knows of any in stock anywhere in the U.S. please let me know so I can pass the info to my dealer.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK Black
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Visited my dealer today to look at an '08 they bought from another dealer when they told me that when ordering my '09 they couldn't order the P02 Premium Package without also ordering the Leather Package. Evidently the computer won't let them pick JUST the P02 package.

Anyone hear that before?

Also...I'm on the lookout for a Capri Blue or Palladium Silver '09. If anyone knows of any in stock anywhere in the U.S. please let me know so I can pass the info to my dealer.
So let me get this straight. You are looking to order the car without leather?

I hope you plan to own it forever.....
Old 08-23-2008, 09:03 PM

GX470

Anyone hear that before?

I don't think it has to do with anything other than non-leather option is temporarily not an option. My order has to be modified to add the leather option after it was accepted in June without. The dealer had to give another $1000 discount for mishap on MB's part. In total, I am getting $3800 off MSRP. Car supposedly rolled off the line on the 19th (of August).
Old 08-23-2008, 09:38 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
So let me get this straight. You are looking to order the car without leather?

I hope you plan to own it forever.....
All C63s have leather. MB charges you $3k to upgrade from standard leather to nappa silk leather. I'm not interested in that upgrade.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Actually, in US, MB-tex is standard and the upgrade is to leather. The leather package also includes 3 position memory for the front 2 seats.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:03 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Actually, in US, MB-tex is standard and the upgrade is to leather. The leather package also includes 3 position memory for the front 2 seats.
Hmm...it seems there is some confusion (no C63's have arrived locally without the AMG Seating Package so far - so I've not see the default in person). I'm not sure what "MB-tex" looks like, but Edmunds describes the standard as "vinyl/cloth". The AMG site says "Swathed in supple Nappa leather" - that sounds like the upgrade, but its hard to tell since this is the euro-spec. What the dealer showed me was the "standard leather" on another car.

I *do* know that power seats and memory on the driver seat is standard - the Seating Package only adds memory for the passenger seat (and the power controls move from the seat side to the door). This is true also for the C350. http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/MBHome...W&yr=2009&vc=C

(EDIT: I realized I was calling the AMG Seating Package the "Leather Package" incorrectly - I changed it above)

Last edited by gravedgr; 08-24-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 AM

2011 SL550

Anyone hear that before?

all AMG's come with rel leather not mb text (leatherette)
Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
There is a user here that has non-leather that posted in one of the threads recently. I forget his SN. I am still waiting for him to respond. I think he is in NA.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM

c63
sincity... check your email. I sent you interior photos a few days ago
Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 AM

1999 SLK
Originally Posted by Deutsche_ Amg
all AMG's come with rel leather not mb text (leatherette)
I'm not an expert but I was told that if you don't order a 2009 with the full leather package it will come with a cloth / MB Tex combination. I checked the German website to see what this might look like. Below are some pictures of a grey interior to better show where the cloth inserts are. Anyway, that's the story I got.
Attached Thumbnails Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-cloth_grey_front.jpg   Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-cloth_grey_back.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jimlauden
sincity... check your email. I sent you interior photos a few days ago
Opps..thanks. I'll check when I get back home.

Wolfie: Those don't look bad. I'd prefer the MB Tex so I don't have to worry about wear issues on the bolsters. My dad still has his original 1986 MB Tex 190e and it is still supple and looks the same when he brought it home 22 years ago. With the money I save, I can get the cloth inserts replaced with something else of a different color (leather, Alcantra, etc...). As a matter of fact, my C320 is only partial leather (MB Tex bolsters and leather seating). The leather is partially stained due to my wife's body moisturizer (Victoria Secret??) while the bolsters are perfect!

EDIT: Thanks Jim. Got the pics. Looks like your pics are a bit overexposed because your interior looks just like the ones Wolfie posted above. Which, IMO, looks fantastic! Does it come in grey only or can you get the gray portion in black? Also, is the driver seat power with memory?

Last edited by Sincity; 08-25-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 PM

c63
standard grey interior is actually two toned per the amg website and my photos. grey vinyl and black cloth inserts. Inserts have a pattern similar to the houndstooth interiors of the late 60's Camaros. The two tone is very striking as conpared to a solid color interior (leather pkg) Comfort level of the cloth interior in the c63 far exceeds the comfort level of my leather interior c230 in Dallas in August. Both front seats have power adjustments with manual tracks. No Memory. I admit to being a little concerned about ordering this price range car without the leather pkg but I couldn't be more pleased. The two tone is the focal point of the car. Two of my friends (both mercedes owners) asked how much extra the interior cost over the regular leather!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:19 AM

1999 SLK
Originally Posted by Sincity
Opps..thanks. I'll check when I get back home.

Wolfie: Those don't look bad. I'd prefer the MB Tex so I don't have to worry about wear issues on the bolsters. My dad still has his original 1986 MB Tex 190e and it is still supple and looks the same when he brought it home 22 years ago. With the money I save, I can get the cloth inserts replaced with something else of a different color (leather, Alcantra, etc...). As a matter of fact, my C320 is only partial leather (MB Tex bolsters and leather seating). The leather is partially stained due to my wife's body moisturizer (Victoria Secret??) while the bolsters are perfect!

EDIT: Thanks Jim. Got the pics. Looks like your pics are a bit overexposed because your interior looks just like the ones Wolfie posted above. Which, IMO, looks fantastic! Does it come in grey only or can you get the gray portion in black? Also, is the driver seat power with memory?
"Oops" back at you... I don't want to date myself, but I bought the same car your dad did only it was a 1985! Anthracite with dove grey MB-Tex. It was gorgeous. I think the style of that car still looks great after all these years.

Yes, the cloth / MB-Tex comes in all black as well. I also found a great picture of the grey two-tone cloth on the Polish MB Website. I've been led to believe that the US spec seat would look the same, but somebody else may know for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-cloth_black_front.jpg   Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-c63_cloth.jpg  
Old 08-26-2008, 12:43 AM

1999 SLK
Originally Posted by jimlauden
standard grey interior is actually two toned per the amg website and my photos. grey vinyl and black cloth inserts. Inserts have a pattern similar to the houndstooth interiors of the late 60's Camaros. The two tone is very striking as conpared to a solid color interior (leather pkg) Comfort level of the cloth interior in the c63 far exceeds the comfort level of my leather interior c230 in Dallas in August. Both front seats have power adjustments with manual tracks. No Memory. I admit to being a little concerned about ordering this price range car without the leather pkg but I couldn't be more pleased. The two tone is the focal point of the car. Two of my friends (both mercedes owners) asked how much extra the interior cost over the regular leather!
Speaking of the "solid color (leather package) interior," one of the things I found visually exciting when I saw the interiors in person was that in the full leather beige or grey, the seat backs, headliner, roof pillars, seat belts and carpets were black, so it still has a two-tone effect. I've attached a couple of pictures my wife took below.

Oddly, the grey interior has grey on the lower dash, while the beige has a completely black dash. Also strange is the fact that the Canadian MB website seems to show the front seats without the black backs. They appear to be all one color.
Attached Thumbnails Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-grey_leather.jpg   Can't get P02 w/out Leather Pkg?!?-grey_interior_front.jpg