C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permanent Display in MPH instead of KPH?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Permanent Display in MPH instead of KPH?

Anyone know how to get the permanent display (temp vs speed) to show up in MPH? I've tried and it only gives me KPH as a choice. And yes the settings for everything else are in standard not metric.

Also, is there a way to get the display in general to default to MPH or AMG instead of odometer and trip?

The shop guys at the dealer couldn't figure it out either.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
I haven't figured out how to do any of what you're asking, and I've tried every setting. The good thing is the MPH is just one click up, and AMG is just two clicks left from the default so its easy enough when you get it. I always turn mine to the AMG screen to watch for oil temps to get up to operating levels.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I haven't figured out how to do any of what you're asking, and I've tried every setting. The good thing is the MPH is just one click up, and AMG is just two clicks left from the default so its easy enough when you get it. I always turn mine to the AMG screen to watch for oil temps to get up to operating levels.
+1
Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by gravedgr
+1

that's where i have mine all the time... but i was wondering the same thing about a way to make it default to any one of the screens. i've still yet to open the manual and read it but i've figured out a lot of things without it...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

C63
Originally Posted by bluejae
+1

that's where i have mine all the time... but i was wondering the same thing about a way to make it default to any one of the screens. i've still yet to open the manual and read it but i've figured out a lot of things without it...
I've read the manual and can't figure it out.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
There is no user selectable way to do this. All you can do is put speed on permanently on display (one of the setup menus) but it will always be in kph.

I could have sworn that on the W203 if you set up the car to be all metric for other measurements in the digital displays, the permament speed display went MPH. I remember this vaguely as we had a hidden setting... if you set the car on a particular country (it escapes me as was obscure) the alarm feedback beeps could be turned on. This was available only in that one country - dumb. Anyhow, that country default is metric which is why I remembered it. Though am unsure and will quit babbling now.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:27 PM

C63
Originally Posted by peet
There is no user selectable way to do this. All you can do is put speed on permanently on display (one of the setup menus) but it will always be in kph.

I could have sworn that on the W203 if you set up the car to be all metric for other measurements in the digital displays, the permament speed display went MPH. I remember this vaguely as we had a hidden setting... if you set the car on a particular country (it escapes me as was obscure) the alarm feedback beeps could be turned on. This was available only in that one country - dumb. Anyhow, that country default is metric which is why I remembered it. Though am unsure and will quit babbling now.
Any clue what purpose there would be to display KPH all the time when the rest of the car is in standard?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:05 AM

Check sig!
It should work, the dealer told me that I could switch between those.

I don´t remember how to do it ´cause I live in Sweden and have no need to use mph.

Alex
Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Perhaps a stupid question...but what screen is everyone seeing KPH instead of MPH?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Originally Posted by peet

Netherlands
Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Perhaps a stupid question...but what screen is everyone seeing KPH instead of MPH?

It's the main screen. You can set the permanent display to either temp or speed. I'm trying to get the speed to be in MPH but it only gives me KPH as a choice.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
I don't have kph showing on any of my screens. Everything is mph (in the Trip menus and the AMG menus). Are you referring to the default Trip screen?