Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by gravedgr
You couldn't have proved my point any better if I'd sent you a script. I *can* let it go, and will after this response. Just like in the aforementioned thread, after 3 responses its obvious you weren't interested in discussing the point (E39 M5's status of "best" vs. the E55's lack of said status) so I conceded the argument to your posting endurance and moved on.

And as promised, this will be my last post to you in this thread. As for the mods, I think they are very well aware of who needs moderating and who does not. Some people are able to discuss, argue, and spar without resorting to juvenile tactics like name calling - and some are not. Adios!
It is truly a shame that you cannot just "let it go", cease arguing, and take it to PM as you advised....truly a textbook case of pot/kettle. You have now expended a grand total of six or seven posts arguing with me, half of which have been spent lecturing me on the virtues of not arguing even as you continue to argue, which is like pontificating about the virtues of temperance while downing Tequila shots.

Again, you would do well to follow your own advice if you're sincere about it applying to you, and not just to others.

Perhaps now you might find the discipline to start practicing what you so loudly preach.

Have a great morning, Mr. Pot (as you put it; or was it Mr. Kettle)?

Last edited by Improviz; 10-16-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM

'12 CTS-V
Originally Posted by yooker
S2000 transmission is the best i've ever used. Nothing else compares.
Amen!

My baby:

Funnest car I've ever had...to date.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
I never see a person who REALLY love to type like him (the one got banned)
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Careful. He’s not been banned…only suspended.

Perhaps in the interim he’ll have found another forum on which to enlighten and entertain.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 PM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
Originally Posted by impr
Ultraseven it is true that the GTR outclasses the c63 in terms of performance. For some people however its a choice between as you said a "warp drive in disguise" or all out performance. It may be a ridiculous comparison for some but as noted in this thread there have been at least a few people who have cross shopped the two vehicles.

Taken from another forum I browse:

"One thing that may differ from the Nissan is that BMW was very clear to explain to him that it's a three strikes and you're out game if you decide to use it.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If I was to make a guess, I'd say both are at fault. It is very likely the car has been driven very hard and I'm willing to bet the dealer or Nissan failed to mention that repeated full throttle starts will cook the drive train." -quote Chuck Norris(users name )

For me its mostly the shock of having to pay 20 grand to fix a destroyed transmission. I'm sure there's other supercars with equally expensive repairs but after seeing how easy it is for the manufacturer to void your warranty my other issue is the black box that can record pretty much all your driving telemetry(which will soon be in all vehicles after 2011).

edit: Hi Improviz~~
If the guy abused the sh*t out of his car, why should Nissan repair it for him?