C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R8 "Blackbird" (a supercar designed to evade cops)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Sport 4M
R8 "Blackbird" (a supercar designed to evade cops)

I might be a bit slow on finding this, but wow this is so intense, I thought I'd share. This is Alex Roy showing us an R8 that is modified to be some crazy evasion vehicle.

Especially the "liquid-cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator". What does that do? Wow. I am speechless... Scanners... GPS... Lasers... Detectors... Jammers... everything... holy smokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXIzs...eature=related
Old 12-12-2008, 11:22 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by german-anger
I might be a bit slow on finding this, but wow this is so intense, I thought I'd share. This is Alex Roy showing us an R8 that is modified to be some crazy evasion vehicle.

Especially the "liquid-cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator". What does that do? Wow. I am speechless... Scanners... GPS... Lasers... Detectors... Jammers... everything... holy smokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXIzs...eature=related
I saw that a while ago.. awesome car! But that is a hell lot of equipment on a car of that caliber, it almost seems as though it has so much extra luggage that it can't actually accomplish the out running part! I don't reckon they have upped the anti on the engine as well.. have they?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM

09 C63
if a station wagon can catch the r8 im pretty sure the cops wont have any problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLATjo6Oyo
Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
that is a cool car!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
my gosh..those are NY plates!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
I ran in to Alex once in person. He's a really cool down to earth guy, we shared a cigg and just shot the breeze. I gota admit seeing the team politzi M5 in front of you in traffic is just unreal. I didnt snap any pics of the legend, because it just would have been rude but I did snap one of the infamous M5.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
What a douche...
Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
What a douche...
??
Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Originally Posted by Tommy_s4
I ran in to Alex once in person. He's a really cool down to earth guy, we shared a cigg and just shot the breeze. I gota admit seeing the team politzi M5 in front of you in traffic is just unreal. I didnt snap any pics of the legend, because it just would have been rude but I did snap one of the infamous M5.
That's Tillary St right? I was there this morning
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Savoy6
if a station wagon can catch the r8 im pretty sure the cops wont have any problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLATjo6Oyo
LOL @ the end....."finally caught up."
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 PM

C350 Sport 4M
I think the only thing missing is the front mounted nightvision camera, kinda like the system on Alex Roy's ///M5.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Tom, tilary street!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM

C350 Sport 4M

Man this "liquid-cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator" thing is driving me nuts! Anyone know what this interesting device does?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM

C350 Sport 4M
Some ppl say its a sound generator that can give you incredible uneasiness.

"Picture this. You are a cop sitting on the side of the interstate radaring, suddenly you see a distorted blur of light and noise coming at you and a distinct feeling of dread and tightness in your chest. Then after it passes, you don't see anything, just hear noise. Would you think it was a car? Or would you think you saw a ghost? Would you tell anyone else, especially knowing how bad other cops would make fun of you for seeing a "UFO?"

What actually happend. The blackbird approaches with the infrasonic generator running, rader/laser detector picks up the radar and driver activates the takedown lights. Since infrasonic waves can generate feelings of fear, chest tightness etc in addition to distorting visual preception, and then add to that white strobe lights and HID headlights and you have a fast moving blur of light and noise with no real discernable shape. Especially given how hard strobes are to look into in the first place. Then after it passes by, your eyes adjust a few seconds (at the best more than likely a few minutes) only to see nothing by blackness since the driver has the rearlights cut out."

or maybe its just a thermal imaging device... it seems like there's a lens...

Last edited by german-anger; 12-12-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Infrasound can make you crap your pants (brown note) or feel uneasy as said above. The device attached in the pic looks like an old school thermo cam not a sound generator, so I call BS. The rest of the car is amazing though.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Some ppl say its a sound generator that can give you incredible uneasiness.

"Picture this. You are a cop sitting on the side of the interstate radaring, suddenly you see a distorted blur of light and noise coming at you and a distinct feeling of dread and tightness in your chest. Then after it passes, you don't see anything, just hear noise. Would you think it was a car? Or would you think you saw a ghost? Would you tell anyone else, especially knowing how bad other cops would make fun of you for seeing a "UFO?"

What actually happend. The blackbird approaches with the infrasonic generator running, rader/laser detector picks up the radar and driver activates the takedown lights. Since infrasonic waves can generate feelings of fear, chest tightness etc in addition to distorting visual preception, and then add to that white strobe lights and HID headlights and you have a fast moving blur of light and noise with no real discernable shape. Especially given how hard strobes are to look into in the first place. Then after it passes by, your eyes adjust a few seconds (at the best more than likely a few minutes) only to see nothing by blackness since the driver has the rearlights cut out."

or maybe its just a thermal imaging device... it seems like there's a lens...
What you are talking about here is Military grade technology that is only limited to the Military and the Federal Government.. I cannot possibly imagine an individual being able to just roam around the city with anything like that on his car! Especially in the United States!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:53 AM

C350 Sport 4M
Well... they say in the video they haven't made it illegal yet because it's so top secret and noone knows about it, so perhaps this top secret technology trickled down?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi

Man this "liquid-cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator" thing is driving me nuts! Anyone know what this interesting device does?
imagine, the sole purpose of this was hooked into the glovebox, and cools your ice cream during the hot summer days.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
ok, if someone really had this technology, and it was so secretive and illegal, I highly doubt they'd be doing interviews and putting it on youtube.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
TOMMY S4

love the pic in front of pashaa

lol
Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Oliverk
ok, if someone really had this technology, and it was so secretive and illegal, I highly doubt they'd be doing interviews and putting it on youtube.
the technology exists, it's not really secretive, just not really well known. one of the uses is non-lethal weapons for crowd control etc. i guess he got hold of one and put it on the front of his car
Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
TOMMY S4

love the pic in front of pashaa

lol
hehe, I was in the city on an off night and figured its the only time i could ever take a pic with my car outside. Try doing that at 4am for the after party.