Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
why
dude if you dont take that off you will be like me on 30 days probation

i realy dont know what happent to andy dint get a chance to talk about it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mthis
dude if you dont take that off you will be like me on 30 days probation

i realy dont know what happent to andy dint get a chance to talk about it.
take what off?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
take what off?
the picture with the $$$ guys
Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I don't get it. I think this is the 2nd time Andy has been on suspension over the past few weeks. What's the deal? I have been thinking about the MHP ECU/TCU tuning but this whole on-again-and-off-again suspension thing gives me pause. So no rumor throwing, and if anyone knows anything relevant to me getting or not getting the ECU/TCU tuning through MHP, facts will be helpful.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Yeah... I'm kinda curious myself??? I'm also looking to do a tune and get some straight answers on how a TCU tune is accomplished by "ONLY" MHP. Does anyone have any facts on this matter? Does anyone else that has done "Tunes" capable of tuning a TCU? Or is everyone (tune guys) covering for each other,,,ummm?
I'd like to know if anyone out there has these concerns... as to how a TCU is flashed Not an ECU, Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by dlbello
Yeah... I'm kinda curious myself??? I'm also looking to do a tune and get some straight answers on how a TCU tune is accomplished by "ONLY" MHP. Does anyone have any facts on this matter? Does anyone else that has done "Tunes" capable of tuning a TCU? Or is everyone (tune guys) covering for each other,,,ummm?
I'd like to know if anyone out there has these concerns... as to how a TCU is flashed Not an ECU, Thanks
AFAIK, Andy is on suspension for posting in jangy's thread about $2,500 headers (in the w211 AMG section) - why, I don't really know... the posts were pretty mild - not like the last time that jangy, jrcart, and Andy got into a heated debate.

dlbello - I recommend (without reservation) you talk to Andy from MHP. Email or phone is probably the best, at this point. I saw a recent post that Renntech also *can* do TCU tuning for MB's - but that it's a truly ridiculous price point (five figures, IIRC).
Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 PM

AMG C63 S
Suspensions are so capricious. Seems like the referees in this place would just "let 'em play."
Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
WHAT A JOKE FREEDOM OF SPEACH I THOUGHT WE ARE IN THE US of A Call Andy on the phone if you want staight answers.. This is getting to be like HIGH SCHOOL around here
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by scarbrtj
Suspensions are so capricious. Seems like the referees in this place would just "let 'em play."
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
WHAT A JOKE FREEDOM OF SPEACH I THOUGHT WE ARE IN THE US of A Call Andy on the phone if you want staight answers.. This is getting to be like HIGH SCHOOL around here
There are terms of service that everyone on here did agree to follow. Most of us seem to have no problem with this.

And sponsors should be too busy answering customers' questions, installing products, developing products, and giving great post sales service...that they should not be able to get into these pissing matches.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Timeless
And sponsors should be too busy answering customers' questions, installing products, developing products, and giving great post sales service...that they should not be able to get into these pissing matches.
+1000

Here here, there are enough egos already. Sponsors should be held to a higher level IMHO.

Stick to R/D instead of of pissing contests.

See yeah
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 AM

2009 C63 AMG
My question is what policies were violated for MHP to be suspended (again)?
If they were minor infractions, fine. If they were egregious infractions, then I'd take a more careful look at MHP as a potential vendor for me.

From what I've seen, MHP has been a highly visible and constructive contributor to this forum. I can't say the same for other vendors/sponsors since I joined.

I want to deal with a stable, reputable vendor if I choose to upgrade my ECU/TCU. So I think this forum is doing a great injustice by banning MHP if the infractions were minor, and great justice if the infractions were major. Either way, I believe the forum members should be informed as to which ocurred so that we derive appropriate vendor/sponsor credibility conclusions.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
If they were minor infractions, fine. If they were egregious infractions, then I'd take a more careful look at MHP as a potential vendor for me.

From what I've seen, MHP has been a highly visible and constructive contributor to this forum. I can't say the same for other vendors/sponsors since I joined.

I want to deal with a stable, reputable vendor if I choose to upgrade my ECU/TCU. So I think this forum is doing a great injustice by banning MHP if the infractions were minor, and great justice if the infractions were major. Either way, I believe the forum members should be informed as to which ocurred so that we derive appropriate vendor/sponsor credibility conclusions.
I think the major consensus is that when Andy talks technical, he is an absolute benefit...when he gets in these pissing matches, he is better off suspended.

Jekyl and Hyde I suppose.

He should be walking on eggshells since he was suspended once already...but alas Hyde broke out.

As far as whether to use his company or not, I would suggest talking to his other customers and getting feedback.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman

Excellent post - others have wondered the same

Presumably, it was due to his posts in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...es-2500-a.html

Reading the thread, other than a little side bickering here and there, I really don't see what the big deal was... warranting of another (presumably, 2 week) suspension?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Reading the thread, other than a little side bickering here and there, I really don't see what the big deal was... warranting of another (presumably, 2 week) suspension?
It probably has to do with his past suspension. Maybe mbworld adopts the 3 strike rule.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Oh look,
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...est-story.html
and
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tory-vids.html
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM

e55
dads c63 with mhp tune pulled 449 that was his best yet .. i know he's my friend and biggest competitor lol we race every week