Sponsored by:

Taking on the Arch nemesis E90/E92 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by lyotomachida
Do you use clublexus at all? I think I've seen a thread where people are easily getting 400 whp for the IS-F with just bolt ons.
Sorry to get off topic, but yes, I'm a member there as well. I can't recall anyone "easily" getting 400 hp. 370-380 whp seems to be more the norm with exhaust and intake.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Stage 3 C63 has 468whp, the SC'd E92 M3 is around 440whp, not sure at the end, Josh would have to chime in on that.
Dude, I'm stoked homeboy posted the boosted M3 video, and yeah, I was hard on the brakes at the end of both runs as I had to duck into the toll plaza. Not easy to pay tolls at 160+mph... LOLs.

Both of those bimmers are rockstars in my book. I really thought I'd take the NA car in a walk, and I was pretty sure I'd get a car or more on the SC car. Lighter weight really makes the difference on the punch for the M3s and bigger power of the C63 is what carries it at the top end. Good guys with sweet rides, for sure.

Josh
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 AM

none
Originally Posted by lyotomachida
Do you use clublexus at all? I think I've seen a thread where people are easily getting 400 whp for the IS-F with just bolt ons.
Look some more, you'll find some turbo IS-Fs getting close to 1k crank. Re. Tart. Ed. And yet, so awesome.

Josh
Old 07-06-2009, 03:22 AM

2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
Awesome videos of the C63 vs M3.
Both cars are great

Looking forward to seeing the C63 fender work completed
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Couple comments/questions....

C63 Guy, how bad were your traction issues when you ran DLSJ5? I know I could spin the tires in 2nd gear with my stock car so your monster must roasted those tires. Also what were your settings for the race? Where you in manual mode? Where you in sport mode then paddle shifted to the lowest gear? DLSJ5 your car is definitely no joke. I believe you definitely will take a stock C63. It will be interesting to see how you match up against just a C63 with a ECU. C63 Guy your car is pure evil.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
There is so much love in here. Non of that fanboy bull****. We all love nice fast cars.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:43 PM

C63
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
There is so much love in here. Non of that fanboy bull****. We all love nice fast cars.

True, this forum along with Club Lexus has the most mature car owners who love all great cars. Its unbelievable how immature and hostile some other forums can be. Even Audiworld, although not outright hostile, have this fanboy mentality.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
It's all good......until someone mentions CTS-V then all hell breaks loose.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 PM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe , Range Rover Sport
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Did you have to mention the CTS-V...........
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Accualy I ran into a cts-v automatic and I was out on him. But then again I have the BEST TUNE in the WORLD for this C63

Hhughes. Nothing directed to u.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 AM

C63
Originally Posted by MUZZIE
Did you have to mention the CTS-V...........
LOL
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
OOOh no don't start with those 4 letter words. Then it'll be another C**-* thread.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
On my way home yesterday after work, I saw a black E92 a few cars ahead of me in the next lane. This was on a 3-lane city street, he was in the middle lane and I was on the left. When I got closer to him, I noticed that right in front of him was an E55 AMG! And then out of the blue, a silver S63 appeared behind me and quickly moved to the far right lane. It was just the weirdest thing. The young chap driving the Bimmer probably wondered where the heck all those AMGs came from and why he was surrounded by them.

Unfortunately, rush hour traffic meant that no fun was to be had, but it's certainly interesting to see so many high performance sedans (and coupe) gather like that, and impromptu as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
On my way home yesterday after work, I saw a black E92 a few cars ahead of me in the next lane. This was on a 3-lane city street, he was in the middle lane and I was on the left. When I got closer to him, I noticed that right in front of him was an E55 AMG! And then out of the blue, a silver S63 appeared behind me and quickly moved to the far right lane. It was just the weirdest thing. The young chap driving the Bimmer probably wondered where the heck all those AMGs came from and why he was surrounded by them.

Unfortunately, rush hour traffic meant that no fun was to be had, but it's certainly interesting to see so many high performance sedans (and coupe) gather like that, and impromptu as well.
Otherwise it looks like you would had been writing a post in the Kill Stories section
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
Accualy I ran into a cts-v automatic and I was out on him. But then again I have the BEST TUNE in the WORLD for this C63

Hhughes. Nothing directed to u.
Anymore details on this run? What mods you got again just the MHP ECU?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
LOL!

I'd run him anytime...even though I am fully aware that I'd get killed....just for the pure fun of it. Heck, I'm still waiting for a chance to go SebringSilver's stock one....lol.

There isn't much for modding potential on the F...although there are a few guys with slightly quicker ones.
i saw a twin turbo isf not to long ago, maybe you should buy the kit so we can what happens with the other modded cars?? haha
Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Ran a Stage 3 Evosport C63 today, that car is very impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7AedCGrnjk
Is this the same DLSJ from back in the day? If so, HI!!!!! If not, nice to meet you!

Thanks to everyone for having a cool and fun conversation here and not the typical BS that occurs in these types of threads!

Yes, that is our C63 Dev car - and there is more to come!

thanks
brad
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Great vids by DLSJ5. Tks.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Another Encounter

So after a not so exciting day at the office, I'm traveling from RT80 to Turnpike South (I95) heading to Hoboken. So right where the service exit is I spot a E92 M3 in the middle lane. With my Koolaid smile on, I close all the windows and the sunroof and make off like a F-16 to intercept. Pulled along side the guy to see if he look over so I could acknowledge him with a thumbs-up followed by a friendly rev. The guy doesn't look over and a few cars are ahead so I slow down and wait for us to get around traffic. At this time let me remind everyone this stretch of highway is DEAD straight and offers little hiding for the NJSP who I rarely seen patrol this area cause of its location. Now he is in the right lane I'm in the left one middle is empty I put the car in sport mode paddled down to third expecting this guy to go.......NOTHING. I literally waited a good 45 seconds in 3rd gear probably burning 2 gallons of fuel expecting this guy to take off. Like I said nothing. I pulled ahead and went on my way. No fun.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG
So after a not so exciting day at the office, I'm traveling from RT80 to Turnpike South (I95) heading to Hoboken. So right where the service exit is I spot a E92 M3 in the middle lane. With my Koolaid smile on, I close all the windows and the sunroof and make off like a F-16 to intercept. Pulled along side the guy to see if he look over so I could acknowledge him with a thumbs-up followed by a friendly rev. The guy doesn't look over and a few cars are ahead so I slow down and wait for us to get around traffic. At this time let me remind everyone this stretch of highway is DEAD straight and offers little hiding for the NJSP who I rarely seen patrol this area cause of its location. Now he is in the right lane I'm in the left one middle is empty I put the car in sport mode paddled down to third expecting this guy to go.......NOTHING. I literally waited a good 45 seconds in 3rd gear probably burning 2 gallons of fuel expecting this guy to take off. Like I said nothing. I pulled ahead and went on my way. No fun.
He knew you were there, that's for sure. But what can you do...if he doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG
When I used to live in North Jersey, I found that the Garden State Pkwy yielded the best return on cars willing to run/race...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Is this the same DLSJ from back in the day? If so, HI!!!!! If not, nice to meet you!

Thanks to everyone for having a cool and fun conversation here and not the typical BS that occurs in these types of threads!

Yes, that is our C63 Dev car - and there is more to come!

thanks
brad
Yes, it's me, hey Brad! Nice C63 and Josh is a very cool cat!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
He knew you were there, that's for sure. But what can you do...if he doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go.
I agree. I mean I was respectful I didn't pull a ricer fly-by on him or try to cut him off to incite him. It just funny because a lot of the M3 guys purchase this car for the performance and superior handling but the M3 owners I always run into simply by it for a status symbol.

BTW

Had another M3 encounter yesterday but this time with a E46 Vert. I was getting gas in Wayne late at night after hockey and I saw a E46 Vert in the parking lot with a bunch young guys (college kids). So as I pull around after gassing up the M3 driver is in his car and tries to like race me to the exit of the gas station. He stops as he realizes I am not going to give in and I look at him and smile. We both follow out and get on the road. I purposely am going 30MPH waiting for him to perform a ricer fly-by (typical of younger kids who know there car is inferior to the other car). He stayed at least 5 CL behind me the whole time
until I slowed down so much that he had to gun it as we were going through an underpass. His top was down and him and the passenger had to be frightened by the sound of the C63 in that enclosed area. Of course once I started pulling away I let off the gas and waited for the guy to pull next to me. The two college kids gave me nice comments about the car and asked if the exhaust was stock. We chatted a little ,as I told him I use to have and E46 M3 coupe and we went on our way. He obviously wanted to see the beast in action so it must made his day.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by shchow
When I used to live in North Jersey, I found that the Garden State Pkwy yielded the best return on cars willing to run/race...
To many Troopers on the GSP. Simply to risky as I always see laser speed traps.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
It's also possible that guy just busted his *** working overtime to help buy his car, and he just doesn't want to abuse it.
I know if I were to pick up an F430, I'd probably baby it.
I know, I know...it goes counter-intuitive to why we bought the car in the first place, but the minute it's your own money potentially winding up in the gutter/guard rail, your perspective changes quickly...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taking on the Arch nemesis E90/E92 M3