C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
This has to be one of the more surreal threads on MBWorld in recent memory.

And that's saying something.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by dmyrick
stick to subjects you know something about. our keep your stupid *** opinions to yourself.
Riiight. You realize I was commenting in reference to you initially.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 PM

C63
Originally Posted by pointman
Riiight. You realize I was commenting in reference to you initially.
Im sure you are very proud of yourself.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im sure you are very proud of yourself.
OK, that made sense. No one takes you serious after your "Can I outrun a cop car" thread.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
stick to subjects you know something about. our keep your stupid *** opinions to yourself.
I dated a bipolar girl once, she loved the cack. How about you?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOLD both: 1987 560SL 2003 ML320
Ditto on the attorney. You get the wrong judge and the wrong attitude and you could end up on a road crew working off the fines.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM

C63
OK, that made sense. No one takes you serious after your "Can I outrun a cop car" thread.
I don't let that bother me. if you have to dig that far back just to flame me you are obviously wrong.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I think this whole insurance card is nonsense for the cops and Courts to make money. It does not increase safety in any way, nor does it insure motorists have coverage. I can also go buy a policy, get the card, and cancel the next day. If Visa can find out I am good for the money within 7 seconds, there is no reason why the cops can't find insurance for a driver in the same amount of time.

The way to stop government from using fines to protect their bloated budgets is to give the fines and the additional fees (which are 3 to 4 times the amount of the "fine.") back to the tax payers. Why does government get to keep that money? That is the peoples' money. They need to divide it up and every citizen gets a check.

Why are police and Courts involved in any type of incentive system for doing their job? Why do people get tickets for driving 38 in a 35? Because it produces revenue, not because it is unsafe.

Why are cops earning 100K+ and 90% retirement at age 48 for a job that requires 400 hours training beyond high school? Partly because they can bring money into the agency by engaging in harassment.

If you get a ticket now you need to play hardball with the cops. Always pay a lawyer to represent you in Court, and after you are declared Not Guilty (easy for a good attorney when he is up against a guy who struggled to finish high school) ask the Judge to sanction the agency and the cop. I saw a cop forced to write a $ 300. check on the spot for holding up an Engineering & Traffic Survey report in a Radar ticket case, but the pages inside were blank.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Moviela
I think this whole insurance card is nonsense for the cops and Courts to make money. It does not increase safety in any way, nor does it insure motorists have coverage. I can also go buy a policy, get the card, and cancel the next day. If Visa can find out I am good for the money within 7 seconds, there is no reason why the cops can't find insurance for a driver in the same amount of time.

The way to stop government from using fines to protect their bloated budgets is to give the fines and the additional fees (which are 3 to 4 times the amount of the "fine.") back to the tax payers. Why does government get to keep that money? That is the peoples' money. They need to divide it up and every citizen gets a check.

Why are police and Courts involved in any type of incentive system for doing their job? Why do people get tickets for driving 38 in a 35? Because it produces revenue, not because it is unsafe.

Why are cops earning 100K+ and 90% retirement at age 48 for a job that requires 400 hours training beyond high school? Partly because they can bring money into the agency by engaging in harassment.

If you get a ticket now you need to play hardball with the cops. Always pay a lawyer to represent you in Court, and after you are declared Not Guilty (easy for a good attorney when he is up against a guy who struggled to finish high school) ask the Judge to sanction the agency and the cop. I saw a cop forced to write a $ 300. check on the spot for holding up an Engineering & Traffic Survey report in a Radar ticket case, but the pages inside were blank.
Thats a lovely diatribe, but there is a ton of BS in there. For the first half, all I'll say is maybe you should write your congressman.

90% of all traffic ticket attorneys will go talk to the prosecutor (which you yourself can do), get the points eliminated and have you pay a fine. The chances that you are found "not guilty" are very slim, and the court will always take the word of a law officer over yours.

Your attorney is not only up against a cop (which aren't quite as dumb as you think) they are also up against factual evidence and things such as a radar guns.

What you saw is anecdotal and irrelevant, much like your post. Unless you have a very strong case (which the OP doesn't), you will hardly ever get off scot free (unless the cop doesn't appear, which is rare since they get overtime pay to go).
Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Not using a turn signal can easily be more dangerous than speeding. The penalty for not using a turn signal should be death, and they should enforce it nationwide once or twice a year just to let people know they're enforcing it. I can't tell you how many crashes I've had to avouid becasue people don't signal.

And OP... grow up and use your turn signal. Doesn't matter what lane you're in.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Man, I wish I was as filthy rich as these C63 guys.

Aw shucks, maybe one day. **kicks rocks**
Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Man, I wish I was as filthy rich as these C63 guys.

Aw shucks, maybe one day. **kicks rocks**
Lol. You're an ***.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Not using a turn signal can easily be more dangerous than speeding. The penalty for not using a turn signal should be death, and they should enforce it nationwide once or twice a year just to let people know they're enforcing it. I can't tell you how many crashes I've had to avouid becasue people don't signal.

And OP... grow up and use your turn signal. Doesn't matter what lane you're in.

Whoa!!! A little harsh there buddy. I see MANY Cops not using their turn signals, ESPECIALLY in the So Cal. area. Not saying thats right, I try to use mine ALL the time but were only humans, and we sometimes forget or zone out.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't let that bother me. if you have to dig that far back just to flame me you are obviously wrong.
hahahahaha "that far back"?? I didn't know being bipolar affected your sense of time. Once a meatball, always a meatball. I wasn't "flaming" you either, Mary.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by REDSRT
Whoa!!! A little harsh there buddy. I see MANY Cops not using their turn signals, ESPECIALLY in the So Cal. area. Not saying thats right, I try to use mine ALL the time but were only humans, and we sometimes forget or zone out.
Like I said, enforce it once or twice a year. lol

But honestly, I think that cops need to start giving people tickets for not using their signals. I know people who simply don't use their turn signals, no matter what. People think they don't need to because they won't get tickets for it, but the truth is that not using your turn signal is very dangerous. It's the only form of communication you have with other cars.

IMO, cops are not doing their duty by not giving signal tickets.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 PM

C63
hahahahaha "that far back"?? I didn't know being bipolar affected your sense of time. Once a meatball, always a meatball. I wasn't "flaming" you either, Mary.
wow it took you that long to come back at me, you are "slow" man
Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM

C63
i expected a quick comeback from someone that enjoys making fun of mental illness. when you mom has dementia you going to push her down. im sure that would be great fun for you.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
And to think, all of his could've been prevented could have been prevented with a simple flick of the finger... on the turn signal post that is, by the steering wheel that most drivers apparently either do not know exists or do not know how to use.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM

C63
pointman, im off to meds and bed. I wonder how funny it's going to be someone you love has a mental illness.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:04 PM

05 C55
So cry about it... then laugh later.
them jersey boys are cold
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by norb
Its Labor Day weekend, the cops are all out giving tickets to keep the death toll statistics down. At least they do that here in Texas.
+1

Just a bad weekend to make an error.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Thats a lovely diatribe, but there is a ton of BS in there. For the first half, all I'll say is maybe you should write your congressman.

90% of all traffic ticket attorneys will go talk to the prosecutor (which you yourself can do), get the points eliminated and have you pay a fine. The chances that you are found "not guilty" are very slim, and the court will always take the word of a law officer over yours.

Your attorney is not only up against a cop (which aren't quite as dumb as you think) they are also up against factual evidence and things such as a radar guns.

What you saw is anecdotal and irrelevant, much like your post. Unless you have a very strong case (which the OP doesn't), you will hardly ever get off scot free (unless the cop doesn't appear, which is rare since they get overtime pay to go).
Opinions spoken as truth.

I have personally gone up against cops in court and won - my word against theirs - the court sided with me. So "always" is just not factual.

Agree with you the OP does not have much of a case.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow it took you that long to come back at me, you are "slow" man
I don't live on the forum, and ESPECIALLY not the c63 section. And truthfully, you're pretty sad. Teasing the inbred has lost its luster.
pointman, im off to meds and bed. I wonder how funny it's going to be someone you love has a mental illness.
I am sure that anyone in my family that all of a sudden decides to become bipolar won't also suddenly develop a case of the short bus syndrome. So no worries about having them embarrassing me on a public forum.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mkonei
them jersey boys are cold
Admit it, you laughed. Sadly, you didn't get the full effect of minutes later boiling over into a fit of rage.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Out on the street the cops should be respected and obeyed because they carry weapons. In a Court of Law it is a battle of wits, and the police are unarmed. Under cross-examination most cops fold like the cheap suit they are wearing. California Attorneys don't start the defense the day of Court. Most ask for discovery, and most of the time the agency ignores it and the case is tossed. They ask for the calibration and manufacturers certificate for radar guns, and there is usually a dismissable discrepancy. They ask for required traffic surveys that usually don't exist or have expired. For basic speed law violations they use cross to get the cop to admit through questions that the actions of the motorist was safe.

The defendant does not need a strong case, but the people must prove theirs. In most cases it is a simple matter of he said, they said, and the Court finds for people who are more adept at presenting a case. A good attorney will have a case like that leaking oil before the people rest. The only time a good lawyer will "plead" the case is if there is probative evidence or a credible independent witness against his case. The cops learn from each other. If a couple of their buddies have been hit with sanctions in Court with an attorney, chances are he will not be inclined to attend a trial that could result him getting a mark on his record.

Your post was full of tired old saws including some that are offensive to the traditional notions of substantial justice and fair play.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...