Sponsored by:

KLEEMANN K3 for C63 is here!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
The price i listed includes ECU Upgrade, Headers w/Sport cats, and the TB Upgrade.

The ECU is about 65hp at the crank and 25hp from the headers and another 30hp I think from the TB Upgrades.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG C63
hris

Hey Cory,
I have my car at PES tuning in PA. I think you may know Tony there. They just put in the headers and down pipes on my car. They did the initial download on it before this stuff. I am also having the airboxes and filters replaced. I have read from this forum about the charcoal filter being taken out as well.
Is it worth taking out the charcoal filter, and do they need to reflash my ECU?

Thank you,

Chris
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You don't need a reflash after removing the charcoals. The ECU will adapt.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Cory Kleeman / Matthew at GMP and others trying to sell this Kleeman "3" set up.

Can I be honest here for a second?
Why would any, and I mean "any" manufacturer engineer, create, and produce an after market product like this one and have absolutely NO performance data available?? Am I missing something here? For those of you who are on here all the time and are truly looking for quality performance products am I off base?? If you are going to go to all the trouble to manufacture these products and ask TOP $$$ for them you need to have top $$$ quality performance data to support the product. You CANNOT offer products lile these and expect the general Joe to purchase them when you have NO data to qualify your products. Then you have others requesting performance data and you have NOTHING. I am not just picking on you but also Renntech. They produced a brand new top $$$ air box and can't backup any claims about perfomance. No offense to Kleeman or Renntech but come on guys, whats up?? I really get tired of reading posts about new products that are actually out and when asked how they perform no one knows. I think we all deserve better support and information about these products. Did you just produce them and "hope" they worked??

Those out there like Matt at GMP have to say "and another 30hp I think from the TB Upgrades". How embarrasing is that? You are trying to sell a $4000 product and you have to say "I think"?? Come on Kleeman, you should support your distributors better than that.

Okay, I'm done venting. Anyone else feel the same way or am I having a bad week?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 AM

C63
You just had the guts to put it out there I bet many of us feel the same way... They must have dynoed this before at least for testing, well I hope, it seems a integral part of product development. Even so, they should be putting out real numbers from customers cars. Have them only pay for labor only or something... I'm in if that is the case.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
How hard is it to do a before and after dyno? I mean, for the price they're charging for one TB you could do about 30 or 40 dyno pulls? And don't give me the excuse that you don't have an in shop dyno. Some companies develop a good reputation, and then try to sell a product based on said reputation. You're essentialy paying for the label. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:16 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
i am just wondering how come kleeman didn't put this up on their website at all and there seems to be no press release about it too.. usually when they come out with something new, they will do a press release and add it to their official website no?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
I can't speak for Cory but I believe the numbers he posted were based off the number Kleemann DK HQ received as they are the original developers of the product. When I said "I Think about 30hp" I was stating it based of Cory's original post because that's what I thought he wrote. It had been few days or so since I had read it and I offer over 200,000 different parts through GMP so to try and remember everything about all of it is next to impossible. With that said that's is why I said what I said. I have sold 2 of these units already but neither to clients that reside in this country. When we get our first C63 TB Upgrade into our shop I will definately post up some dyno numbers. We just don't see as many C63's around the Charlotte area as we do 55, 600, 65 cars. As one of the largest Kleemann dealers I can attest that when Cory tells me something he is dead on. He has always been straight forward with us and all our clients leave happy with their Kleemann mods.

For those who think we should have posted Dyno numbers with the product or not post the product at all, you have that right to think this way and I can understand why you felt the need to vent. The fact is Cory made a business decision to release the product based on Kleemann's reputation and he did provide some power numbers from DK but the dyno graph from them is in N.M. Cory simply did the conversion.

As soon as we get a car in here you guys will be the first to know
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Matthew - no offense to you and thank you for the offer of testing them. You are his distributor and if you read through this thread Cory never mentions any gains with the new throttle bodies. His original post says the K2 package picks up 25-30hp.

KLEEMANN K3 for C63 is here!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The long-anticipated KLEEMANN K3 for the 6.3L AMG cars has arrived! This kit consists of larger (80mm) throttles, a CNC machined, contoured and flowed throttle "plate", as well as CNC milled inlet throats. This is a true bolt-on, plug and play installation- no modification to existing OE equipment is required. We also include european spec air-box tops with integrated MAF elements. Power gains on a K2 63 AMG are between 25 and 30 crank HP. The K3 kits are in stock, ready to ship. K3 price is set at $4500.00. If you already have a Carbon air box, or some other type of euro-spec box, the K3 kit will be sold sans the air boxes for $4000.00. Installation time is 3-6 hours, depending on your technician. The throttle are located on the bottom of the inlet manifold, so it must be removed for the installation. New inlet manifold gaskets are included.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

He never mentions power gains with the T/B's.
There's even another shop in this thread that offers the parts at cost if someone wants them to get some real world numbers. Kleeman expects the general public to test their products?? Come on??
I think the problem is they show no gain and potentially a loss down low on power so they don't want to mention power. Its just ridiculous that these reputable suppliers offer products with no real world testing and expect us to be the guinea pigs and pay big dollars for them. If you produce a product like this you reveal them with test data along with pricing so we know what we are getting. If the test mule is modified then explain that. Otherwise, you have created a performance product that does nothing. Kinda like the other ridiculous thread started this morning asking about side markers and dyno's.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
No offense taken, I understand again where your coming from. I would love nothing more than to post a dyno sheet and I'm sure if Cory had a car in his shop right now he would be testing it out asap. Hopefully I will have some feed back from a couple international clients next week once they receive their TB's
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Cory Kleeman / Matthew at GMP and others trying to sell this Kleeman "3" set up.

Okay, I'm done venting. Anyone else feel the same way or am I having a bad week?
You should have come with me to Roebling this weekend and you might not be so grumpy. At a minimum you would have been like me the past few days watching in car videos with a malevolent grin on your face as you pass everything in sight....over and over again.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Are there any dynos or do you guys know how much it gains on any of the 63 engines? The gains should be the same all the way across
Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I'm buying them, installing them and tesing them Let you all know what I think when I run it... Will be at ACG at 10am Thursday to start the install..
Old 11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Rick, you already have the Carbonio airbox, right?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
Chris

Dads C63,
I have not recieved an answere from the Kleeman gye. I am sorry I did not join this forum sooner. Do you suggest I reflash my ECU now that I have the K1, and K2 package, as well as the Carbonia boxes? I am not blown away by the performance. My car is fortunatly a car that does not get much use, but when I use it, I use it. I was one of two (my brother) to get the first C63 in PA. I only have 9k on it because I work a mile from my house, and I have a big SUV that I usually drive (3 kids under two). I also have a SC Lotus Elise which I never use b/c I like the Merc better. Now that I got that out of the way, I am willing to pay the extra money for the MHP flash. Does it make that big of a difference?

Chris
Old 11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Chris,
I believe you get what you pay for. All I can say it that I have had great results with the MHP performance parts. They perform excellent and back up what they say. I would suggest calling Andy and talking to him yourself.

Keith
Old 11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
rarfinancial - any update??
Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
Dads C63

Thanks Keith. I will call them and see.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:51 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
Silly Question

This may be a silly question, but did Mercedes just detune the C63 from the Lager car 63's? Why can we not have a easy fix for getting the car into the 500+ hp?

Thank you,

Chris
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by makeitbettr
This may be a silly question, but did Mercedes just detune the C63 from the Lager car 63's? Why can we not have a easy fix for getting the car into the 500+ hp?

Thank you,

Chris

You can, it's called an ECU flash. Kleeman, Renntech, evosport, singh, LET.....etc..
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
Silly Question

I have done this through Kleeman, it is not 500+
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Their K1, which is just a flash, should get you about 510 to 520 at the crank, basically what it should be.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
If you're putting your car on a dyno you're going to lose power because the dyno measure hp to the wheels. I believe the calculations are roughly 18-20% loss? So our cars on paper it says 441hp, take 18-20% off that and you're left with about 352ish. K1 advertises 535hp which comes out roughly to 428whp. However I believe some where on this forum mentions that the actual gain is 510hp?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

AMGs
I recently have K2 installed on my car and the dyno numbers were LOW (even with my best pull), however, Im working with my tuner and Cory to see why that is at this point.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
ECU Flash

I believe my car stock showed 385 HP. After the flash it was either 411, or 418. Does that sound right? There is a video of my care being Dynoed at fabspeed.com under mercedes Kleemann, then click C63 dyno video. Does this seem right to you?

thanks,
Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KLEEMANN K3 for C63 is here!!!