C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i just got my ECU back from Kleemann but ..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
i just got my ECU back from Kleemann but ..!

Hey guys, I’ve just got my ECU back from kleemann this morning. I hooked it up in the car. However, my question is, do I have to disconnect the battery before I put the ECU on. I didn’t disconnect the battery when I took it off neither when I put it on.
If I have to disconnect the battery how can I do that?
Thank you.

Last edited by weld_aldo7a; 11-30-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Why not call Kleeman?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:14 PM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
You should have unplugged it when removing the ecu. Battery is in the trunk. Here are all the steps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdX3gvCD2AA
Old 11-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
I know they are a sponsor but good lick with your upgrade..

Corey from Kleeman is a great guy and certainly was very helpful.

However I just didn’t see much increase with this upgrade. Yea I know it's only $1500 but I over estimated the results. I did see and feel an increase and the dyno showed an increase as well but I was not impressed overall with the performance. Since then I returned the unit to Kleeman and went with MHP. And also tried Renntech but that’s another story!

WOW - What a difference the car has now. Now I'm impressed and the bad *** car that once was is even meaner now!

There is so much low end TQ that stock or even with the other ecu upgrades.. The tires just spin all the way through 1st and 2nd and into 3rd.... Maybe it's me but the exhaust also sounds a lot more burbly.

I will be getting it dyno'd soon and will post both upgrades.

You can definitely feel the difference and the extra "cheddar" was well worth it..

What ever MHP does to the ecu it certainly is much stronger than the Kleeman or Renntech I have had.

Thanks MHP
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM

C63 AMG / B8 A4
What was ur dyno with the kleemann tune?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 PM

c63
i did exactly how the guy in the video does it, but when i unplugged the caps, nothing has changed and everything was normal. beside, i only have one cap and i don't know what happened to the other one. lol
Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Stock # were 357hp and 360tq

Kleeman #'s were 393hp and 360 tq.

No TQ gains but since then Andy from MHP said that I have several corrupted files on my ECU. He ordered a new stock file from AMG and then re-flashed it.

I can assure you that this car is a rocket and vette killer now... I am taking it to MIR this weekend to see what she will do...

Trust me the money is worth it...

Heck - Do what I did. Get the Kleeman file and then send it back if your not happy and then do the MHP...

Just make sure that you get a before DYNO so you can see the delta...
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
^^ Sory to hear your dissapointing results with Kleemann but wouldn't be smart to contact Kleemann and see if maybe they had a bad software download on your ECU?. It is hard to believe that you(only you) are the only person to not gain torque after a Kleeman reflash...

As far is the MHP tune, well, only the dyno will tell. You have to compare them on the same dyno and see from there. My .2c
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 AM

C63 AMG / B8 A4
Originally Posted by c63beastdriver

No TQ gains but since then Andy from MHP said that I have several corrupted files on my ECU. He ordered a new stock file from AMG and then re-flashed it.

I can assure you that this car is a rocket and vette killer now... I am taking it to MIR this weekend to see what she will do...

Heck - Do what I did. Get the Kleeman file and then send it back if your not happy and then do the MHP...

Thanks for the info. What is very weird is that your stock dyno has the TQ higher than the HP, is that normal? Also, I really believe that your Kleemann tune may have been corrupted, or just A wrong tune.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63

What gear was that?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Quite unusual results. I have K1 and it feels so strong. Something went wrong for sure.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
According to Cory they checked the files and everything was ok-

Email from Cory:
I've heard back from my programmer, and he's gone over the file a couple of times- he looked at it closely, and also had an associate of his look at the file, and they can't find anything wrong that would cause the car to not pick up any power.

I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the Kleeman upgrade but for some reason I did not get the claimed results on my car. I did see HP gains but no TQ gains...

Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by weld_aldo7a
Hey guys, I’ve just got my ECU back from kleemann this morning. I hooked it up in the car. However, my question is, do I have to disconnect the battery before I put the ECU on. I didn’t disconnect the battery when I took it off neither when I put it on.
If I have to disconnect the battery how can I do that?
Thank you.
No need to disconnect the battery.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM

E55, S65, C63, SLK55K4
weld eldo7a 7ayak bil forum.. welcome fellow gulf member..

I've done the k1 and you dont need to disconnect the battery... Beastdriver sorry about your tune but maybe it was something wrong with the ecu before you sent it.. I had the same problem with my slk when i sent the ecu to be tuned and been having problems ever since.. it now seems as though the ecu is fried and it is the source of all problems.. cant wait to get a new ecu and then feel the real power of the kompressor.. i'll have 2 vette killers by the end of the month
Old 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
I know they are a sponsor but good lick with your upgrade..

Corey from Kleeman is a great guy and certainly was very helpful.

However I just didn’t see much increase with this upgrade. Yea I know it's only $1500 but I over estimated the results. I did see and feel an increase and the dyno showed an increase as well but I was not impressed overall with the performance. Since then I returned the unit to Kleeman and went with MHP. And also tried Renntech but that’s another story!

WOW - What a difference the car has now. Now I'm impressed and the bad *** car that once was is even meaner now!

There is so much low end TQ that stock or even with the other ecu upgrades.. The tires just spin all the way through 1st and 2nd and into 3rd.... Maybe it's me but the exhaust also sounds a lot more burbly.

I will be getting it dyno'd soon and will post both upgrades.

You can definitely feel the difference and the extra "cheddar" was well worth it..

What ever MHP does to the ecu it certainly is much stronger than the Kleeman or Renntech I have had.

Thanks MHP
This is like the third post in different threads you expressed your disappointment with Kleeman and Renntech and praising MHP. You sure you don't work for MHP?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Hey man. Didn’t realize you were keeping track of my posts. It’s all good. No I do not work for MHP although I do believe in “carma” as well as promoting something that I feel is a good product…

I just appreciate Andy going above my expectations since the other guys gave me a hard time about the return even though I have the dyno sheets... They both said they had a guarantee but then didn’t want to honor it. Curiously though the car hauls A@@...

I’m going the MIR this weekend to she how it runs.. I will also be dynoing the following weekend so stay tuned for the results of MHP vs Kleeman vs Renntech..
Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM

my ecu is at Keelmann now.. GMP Performance gave me this advice... I do respect their views...

I did three major burn outs in front of my house... all about the same..

We will see what happens when I repeat this tommorrow under Kleemann power!

pretty scientific!

I even got a PM from the dude about MHP?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Hey man. Didn’t realize you were keeping track of my posts. It’s all good. No I do not work for MHP although I do believe in “carma” as well as promoting something that I feel is a good product…

I just appreciate Andy going above my expectations since the other guys gave me a hard time about the return even though I have the dyno sheets... They both said they had a guarantee but then didn’t want to honor it. Curiously though the car hauls A@@...

I’m going the MIR this weekend to she how it runs.. I will also be dynoing the following weekend so stay tuned for the results of MHP vs Kleeman vs Renntech..
Karma?
Also didn't you say MHP had to reorder you a ECU? Is it possible that there was something wrong with your ECU to begin with which is why the tunes from the other companies did not work? If you search the forum a bit you will find the problem that other customers had with MHP
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
I had kleeman k1 and k2 installed..k1 first by itself for a couple of weeks then k2..def power increase and traction control always kicking in.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Yes meant Karma... You guys will call out anything... It's all in good fun though!

I guess it's possible.

However I should mention that I did have some gains from both vendors just not what was quoted on there websites especially low tq #’s.

During the return process I called each vendor after having it dyno’d and they both told me that they compared my stock file with a copy of what was installed on my ecu and it looked ok. They also reviewed the ECU once I sent it back to have my stock file reinstalled..

The day after I sent my ecu to Andy he called me and said a few lines of code were corrupted and that he needed to order a new stock file from AMG. He didn’t charge me for this new file although it retails for $500. Andy said that he didn’t want me to have a bad installation and poor dyno numbers like I had previously. I guess it’s possible that the ECU was corrupted from the beginning or that it got corrupted during the reinstallation of the stock file from one of the other vendors… However if that is the case then my Dyno numbers wouldn’t have been 360 and 360 which is about what stock should be. I would also question the other vendors “quality/inspection” process because neither of the vendors said I had any problems with the ECU to begin with. At this point I’m not even sure they verified the data before loading the upgraded files.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
You also had the ECU that was pulling out higher torque numbers than HP
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM

slk 230 kompressor
hey guys im new here and y was wondering... i have an slk 230 from 96 1 of the first ever made. is a great car but the power is... well is not that powerful so i was wondering if i could mount the 6 l v12 on my slk(secon hand)
Old 12-02-2009, 04:20 PM

slk 230 kompressor
hey guys im new here and y was wondering... i have an slk 230 from 96 1 of the first ever made. is a great car but the power is... well is not that powerful so i was wondering if i could mount the 6 l v12 on my slk(secon hand)can you help on this one ?? i have the saller!pls