Old 02-12-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
I think the tune was this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itdkAz-N60s

A/F - it was lil breezy outside
temp/baro - http://www.weather.com/

it had siamese cats and twin libras

it threw a trouble light but we ducked it and then hit the safety button (CRAZY *****)

You should contact your local kill shelter theres prolly lots of cats you can adopt!

Final Product - KICK @SS HEADERS!!! ; )

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Mike,
A lot of guys are waiting for test information. I am not picking on you. These are questions that need to be answered in order to sell them.

What was the actual tune used? Find out for sure, its important for potential customers.
What was the A/F on the results given? That info should be on the graph.
What was the temp, humidity, and baro for the tests?

On the test mule:
Did you have any cats at any time for the stock or "tuned" tests?
What air filters were used if any?
Are the charcoal filters in?
Did it throw a trouble light with the stock and "tune"?
Did the "tune" used eliminate the trouble light?
Were the stock resonators and mufflers attached when the dyno tests were performed?

Final product:
Will eliminate the primary cats.
Will utilize the secondary cats?
Will the system come with an option of cats? What cats?
Will the system require welding and cutting the stock exhaust??

Will you eventually offer a tune to match these headers so its a tuned matched set? If not, what tuner will offer one to eliminate the cels?

I know this is a lot of questions but they are very important to potential customers. Again, congrats on your results.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
I think the tune was this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itdkAz-N60s

A/F - it was lil breezy outside
temp/baro - http://www.weather.com/

it had siamese cats and twin libras

it threw a trouble light but we ducked it and then hit the safety button (CRAZY *****)

You should contact your local kill shelter theres prolly lots of cats you can adopt!

Final Product - KICK @SS HEADERS!!! ; )

O-boy
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 PM

Ford 4x4, daily
Good Numbers!

Whats the time frame on release? Cant wait for independent track times and dyno numbers. Competition creates performance! It would be fun to see a couple of the performance 63s run each other....

Nice job on the headers.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Can you post some more data? What were the conditions for the stock dyno and for today? What correction factor was used?
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Wait, does this mean the "stock" car these were installed on already had the secondary cats removed? Any other mods? Charcoals removed?
MBH, can you answer the above questions?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by richtor
Good Numbers!

Whats the time frame on release? Cant wait for independent track times and dyno numbers. Competition creates performance! It would be fun to see a couple of the performance 63s run each other....

Nice job on the headers.
plus 1
Old 02-13-2010, 01:08 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
We conducted test ranging from bone stock to headers no cats and a tune. and this is what we got.
@superlubricity - from my powers of deduction I gather "stock" means the way the car came from the factory ; D no?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM

CLS55
I got about 50whp from MBH headers and Im super jealous 63 will get what looks like on this chart upwards of 70!!! From headers, *** nuts!!! those graphs are legit and enough proof that these back up MBH's claim of the most researched headers, great job freaken amazing actually!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
@superlubricity - from my powers of deduction I gather "stock" means the way the car came from the factory ; D no?
Your deductive powers need some work.

There is a ton of missing data here. MBH is doing a very poor job of answering questions from potential customers. You aren't helping their cause.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:31 PM

CLS55
"Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it." - Tommy Boy
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM

CLS55
Im pretty sure the dyno does the corrections when data like temp and what not are entered. so the correction factor would be managed/corrected internally inside the dyno system...?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
"Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it." - Tommy Boy
Ok bro, lets get back on point here

Back on topic:

I've been extremely busy as of late I hardly get a chance to sit down. When I do I come here to reply to PM's and take some questions. So please bare with me. Its been a long few weeks

As for who's tune was used. That was mentioned already in this thread.. it was a stage 2 program.

I have over 500 personal dyno runs. Every single power mod I've ever done has been dyno'ed in house. Along with of 40 different tune files made for my car. Most of those dyno's have been posted right here on MBworld. So showed great gains while my most recent E55 cam swap that showed zero gains. I post those result win, loose, or draw.

I have also been apart of many dyno days on an operational level. Form assisting one of the best dyno tuners in the industry Dyno-Comp's own Richard Garcia. To even operating and conducting dyno's myself.

There really hasn't been a Mercedes AMG That I haven't see on the dyno. All the way up to the new SL65 BS. Dyno-Comp has build a reputation over the years. That local Car dealerships Like Schumacher Mercedes in Scottsdale Arizona will sell and finance you a Dyno-Comp fully built Mercedes. Dyno-Comp is also the Number 1 RENNtech dealer in the USA. Dyno-Comp's reputation for excellence has made them the new West Coast headquarters for RENNtech Mercedes. Also You can walk into a local Subaru dealer and buy a fully built STI complete with a Cosworth engine right off the showroom floor.

Just about all the people on the west coast who have RENNtech tunes have has there ECU's flashed By RENNtech staff located at Dyno-Comp. Not to mention some of the ECU flashes that are on customers cars around the world have cut their teeth on Dyno-Comp's Dyno Dymnamics Dyno.

Dyno-Comp has been able to dispel many of performance rumors that have plagued the AMG community. Like the 55k airbox on a 55NA car. Rumor has it that it would make just as much horsepower as the Renntech airbox. I personal conducted that dyno test. It showed that the 55k airbox made zero HP of the stock airbox. While the RENNtech airbox made 20whp over both stock and 55k.

The Charcoal filter myth is just that. There is no Horsepower to be had by removing the filter. To answer the question. The filter was in, because we know taking it out will do nothing on the dyno.

As for AFR... It was fine. We would never tune a car, put it on the road with less than perfect AFR.

Weather conditions make no difference on this dyno. It will give 400hp on January and 400hp in July. This dyno has its own weather station.

If I was to do cats it would be a 200 to 300 cell cat.

Stock resonator and mufflers are still intact on this car. This car has no cats.

We will be conducing race fuel 100 octane mapping for this car in the coming week. Again win, loose, or draw I will share those results with you.

I look forward to spending some time in he C63 section getting to you you guys. Most of my posting is done in the C32/C55/CLS55/ and E55 (w211) sections. I have made many of great friends here and have Raced with a lot of members. Its been a very rewarding experience here at MBworld. I feel as a sponsor... MBworld only offers the best when it comes to world class products from its vendors. To me it feels great to be a part of that.

If you guys ever have a question PM me direct at Hooleyboy or MBH motorsports. I'm not only a member but a Mercedes owner who loves to beat the bag out of it.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
for those who havent seen some of our other work and results along with our attention to detail.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
I have the Renntech stage 2 tune as well. If I bolt on these headers will I get a check engine light???
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Thatta boy hooley!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
guys these headers look FANTASTIC .. The #'s so far are great.. Great product
Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Merc63
I have the Renntech stage 2 tune as well. If I bolt on these headers will I get a check engine light???
Sending PM
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Thatta boy hooley!
Thanks you

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
guys these headers look FANTASTIC .. The #'s so far are great.. Great product
Thanks bud! I personally inspect every set of headers. They have to be spot on on I wont ship or sell them. So far I have only had one set that didnt meet my standards. I'm very strict about what I consider a good product. Weld penetration has to be spot on.

I got an AMG too, And If I wont put it on my car, I would never expect anyone else too.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Sorry to do this to you, but I have some point blank questions that several members have been jibbering about in person and via PM:

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
As for AFR... It was fine. We would never tune a car, put it on the road with less than perfect AFR.
So, what are the numbers and why aren't they on the graph?

What is "double wall tig-welding" and why is that a benefit?

Why did you choose a single flange as opposed to individual flanges? Is your flange machined post welding to remove any distortion from port to port?

Why, specifically, did you choose 321 for the flanges?

Was it a conscious decision to sacrifice TQ for HP by going with the oversize primaries? Look at cars like MTHIS' and his torque numbers are 30-40lb-ft higher (even allowing for all variations from dynos, etc.) And even my car pulled 417lb-ft on a dyno dynamics on CA91 with 40psi in the tires. BTW, the AFR was pan-flat at 13.

Lastly, you're comparing a 15 month old dyno from a brand new car to one with a last minute re-flash and the headers, and thinking it only picked up "a few wheel HP" in the intervening months? That seems a little unreasonable. Just the transmission loosening up over the course of the first year will account for 10-15 wheel hp. Don't get me wrong, I'm super impressed with the final numbers you put up (They are awesome!), but I don't think the baseline number you gave has any real relevance to the final numbers and would like to see a "real" before and after with the headers.

Josh

PS - That weld close-up you showed looks really, REALLY sweet! Can we see more close-ups?

Last edited by C63 Guy; 02-15-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:51 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Sorry to do this to you, but I have some point blank questions that several members have been jibbering about in person and via PM:

Why did you choose a single flange as opposed to individual flanges? Is your flange machined post welding to remove any distortion from port to port?

Was it a conscious decision to sacrifice TQ for HP by going with the oversize primaries? Look at cars like MTHIS' and his torque numbers are 30-40lb-ft higher (even allowing for all variations from dynos, etc.) And even my car pulled 417lb-ft on a dyno dynamics on CA91 with 40psi in the tires. BTW, the AFR was pan-flat at 13.

Lastly, you're comparing a 15 month old dyno from a brand new car to one with a last minute re-flash and the headers, and thinking it only picked up "a few wheel HP" in the intervening months? That seems a little unreasonable. Just the transmission loosening up over the course of the first year will account for 10-15 wheel hp. Don't get me wrong, I'm super impressed with the final numbers you put up (They are awesome!), but I don't think the baseline number you gave has any real relevance to the final numbers and would like to see a "real" before and after with the headers.

Josh

PS - That weld close-up you showed looks really, REALLY sweet! Can we see more close-ups?
Excellent points and questions, Josh!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Sending PM
Please send me one as well.
I also have Renntech 2 tune
Tia
Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7

Josh

+1 - When will we see some independant testing outside the shop dyno along with track results? My car with the same mods gave us over 430rwtq and that was in Florida. Good questions Josh.

FWIW - The temperature and weather conditions do make a difference. I know the dyno has correction factors but these N/A engines like the cold weather and the correction factors are built in and not always accurate. It would be nice to know what the conditions were when the tests were run.

Last edited by Dads C63; 02-15-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by -michael-
Please send me one as well.
I also have Renntech 2 tune
Tia
I have the same tune and same question.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Josh

I don't need EVOsport's Fabricator (YOU) fielding questions about my product. Then feel obligated to post in this thread. Like you are doing all of us a service. I'll answer your questions. Until then worry about your headers NOT MINE! Be a professional and focus on what you do, not what I'm doing.
When I get a chance to answer your questions, i will... Until then I hope this video helps pass the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gEg__GBn0

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 02-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
His product just debut like 5 days ago, give the guy a break regarding independent testing, etc. This sounds like the Spanish inquisition. Just sit back and enjoy the progress.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by chubbs032
His product just debut like 5 days ago, give the guy a break regarding independent testing, etc. This sounds like the Spanish inquisition. Just sit back and enjoy the progress.
+1
Old 02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
I don't need EVOsport's Fabricator (YOU) fielding questions about my product. Then feel obligated to post in this thread. Like you are doing all of us a service. I'll answer your questions. Until then worry about your headers NOT MINE! Be a professional and focus on what you do, not what I'm doing.
When I get a chance to answer your questions, i will... Until then I hope this video helps pass the time.
Mike and all as an FYI...

Josh is NOT our fabricator. Josh worked as part of a fabrication team and while he did work on the header and his ideas were heard and some utilized in many aspects, was not part of the team that built and designed the first 63 headers at evosport. He was part of the C63 header build however, so he is quite knowledgeable.

This is not to undermine Josh's value that he added while at evosport, but it should add clarity to your comments as they are not accurate and are a bit out of line IMHO (it comes across as deflecting the questions - which are good ones).

You ask him to "be professional" - you should look at your comments, you may find they fall short of this standard as well. You also ask him "to focus on what he does" - well what he does is be a C63 owner and enthusiast.

Josh is an independent thinker and has no financial obligations to evosport. (ie: he is not an employee or contractor and his comments are not biased due to a financial relationship).

Also, as an aside - you wrote to me (to paraphrase) that you enjoy and welcome other vendors to post in your threads as it adds to the conversation. This public post is very contradictory to that private PM, so which is it?

I think you should not attack others. When you release a product, you should expect hard questions. Especially when you make statements that you "have more engineering than anyone" or "the best flange ever" etc.....

In my long experience on this site and as a tuner, I will tell you that answering questions directly and honestly and not over-hyping your product and services will win you more long-term fans and customers than attacking those that have honest questions! Just a thought!

thanks
Brad

PS - as I PM'ed you - welcome to the fray and congrats on your new products.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Dyno**MBH Long Tube headers. shipping 2/22/10