Jons95c36amg 2009 C63 Vs ProPain's 2010 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Could be the same flash but still have variables to consider, Logs would tell the whole story as well..then one of the two is apparently breathing a little more air which will help a lot upstairs

Jon's car seems faster down low then runs out of air on top. My $.02
I think this has to do with whether the car has charcoals or not. Looking at charcoals and how they fit in the air intake system for the 63's, it seems like the car that doesn't have the charcoals will breath better.

Add to that K&N's and you have a better breathing car; especially because [these] cars (OE-tuned) are tuned to open the throttle blades more, which should increase the need for a more free flowing air intake.

Regarding CEL's when removing charcoals or adding new filters, it must vary from car-to-car because I can't seem to get a CEL on my car because of filters and I've removed and installed the filters like 5 times -- no CEL's. I'm very careful on how I seat the filters and install the air box into the "Y" openings. I also disconnect the MAF sensors for about 5-10 mins before connecting them back. Not sure if that helps.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by AlbertM
I do have the same airbox mod on my E63 and my AFRs start out in the high 14s and go down to the 13-13.1 at WOT. See charts, th einteresting thing is that I was dynoing 424 SAE with OEtunin+aiboxmod+K&N, and lost 15Hp at 409 after the Kleeman headers (I am still working with Cory/Kleeman to figure this one out). Blue is the baseline (OEtunin+aiboxmod+K&N) and red is the
(OEtunin+aiboxmod+K&N+Kleeman headers). See chart: https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...e63-img002.jpg
Seems like you lost closer to 10 rwhp near redline. That last spike at the end of the "blue" run shouldn't count, it's likely not real power, just a common occurrence with dynos.

I would be more interested in the loss of torque in the meat of the powerband, right where the 63's torque really begins to pull.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Seems like you lost closer to 10 rwhp near redline. That last spike at the end of the "blue" run shouldn't count, it's likely not real power, just a common occurrence with dynos.

I would be more interested in the loss of torque in the meat of the powerband, right where the 63's torque really begins to pull.
Doesn't the chart show the loss in the torque? The vertical line shows as much as -18ft/lbs of torque and -16hp.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
We are not talking about gains here, what throws me off is the power loss uptop.
In my opinion the power loss up top is rather insignificant and it could be a result of changes in weather from one dyno to the next, quality of fuel, how much timing your car is advancing, how you have been driving your car up until that point.

The torque curve looks kind of strange though. I'm not a tuner but I would ask to see if that line could be straightened out.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Doesn't the chart show the loss in the torque? The vertical line shows as much as -18ft/lbs of torque and -16hp.
Yes, the chart shows a loss in torque.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 PM

E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
In my opinion the power loss up top is rather insignificant and it could be a result of changes in weather from one dyno to the next, quality of fuel, how much timing your car is advancing, how you have been driving your car up until that point.

The torque curve looks kind of strange though. I'm not a tuner but I would ask to see if that line could be straightened out.
All runs were on the same dyno (dynojet), same shop. The second (power loss) was done on a colder day (65F vs 55F). Agreed the torque curve is kind of strange, not sure why. Also keep in mind that both runs were SAE corrected, which should in theory correct for environment and make numbers comparable.

Last edited by AlbertM; 11-29-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
All runs were on the same dyno (dynojet), same shop. The second (power loss) was done on a colder day (65F vs 55F). Agreed the torque curve is kind of strange, not sure why. Also keep in mind that both runs were SAE corrected, which should in theory correct for environment and make numbers comparable.
I understand. But I still think a 10rwhp swing for our cars is not that big of a deal, even on the same dyno. Just sayin'.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:53 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by dodger63
So Mir would be great unless Jim wants to come up to atco?..
yes yes Jim wants to do Atco, so do I

Got any dates yet? If we cant get one before MIR Im gonna see if i make room for the 18th which i'd hate..
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
yes yes Jim wants to do Atco, so do I

Got any dates yet? If we cant get one before MIR Im gonna see if i make room for the 18th which i'd hate..
ATCO on the 18th would be ideal for me. Not sure what your saying if its good or bad for you. LOL
Old 11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I understand. But I still think a 10rwhp swing for our cars is not that big of a deal, even on the same dyno. Just sayin'.
Alberts car should be performing better with the mods he has. No question.
Hes gotta work it out.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by propain
Alberts car should be performing better with the mods he has. No question.
Hes gotta work it out.
Gotcha. I'm sure it will come together well.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:25 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by propain
ATCO on the 18th would be ideal for me. Not sure what your saying if its good or bad for you. LOL
The 18th itself is bad for me, thats when MIR is setup for so i wanted to see if we can get something around those days at atco..it falls on a saturday which is test and tune day at atco, so it has to be on a week day..
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Jon is a clown. You guys nd to stop giving him advice on what to do with his car and how to drive it. He will try to twist things and use it against u at the faintest little success. He's very delusional to say the least.

While everyone tries to have fun he comes on here running his mouth. He does it every time without fail. Iv'e beaten every car he's ever owned. And he called me out eac time.

Don't fd the monster, just starve him off.

Jon anytime u r ready to run me with your CLK55 let me know.
You must love me or something Need my attention? Yes I run my mouth and keep on doing it. So take your monsterc55 and try my slow c63 if you dare Also keep on dreaming about your proj talon to get it working. In the mean time I will be enjoying my c63 and loving every minute of it!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No pro here but I intalled my headers and I had a leak.. It's something that is extremely noticeable.. I was about 1.5 turns off in 1 bolt and it was very loud smoke came out.. Twisted the bolt!!! Perfect... I wouldn't be suprised if those headers show zero gains they look extreamly week!
Thats what Ive been telling Albert all this time-you might have a leak!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Raleighc63
Maybe.. Where exactly? What about meeting halfway?
I'm down! This would be epic! Fastest tune only c63 vs OE-tuning c63
Old 11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think this has to do with whether the car has charcoals or not. Looking at charcoals and how they fit in the air intake system for the 63's, it seems like the car that doesn't have the charcoals will breath better.

Add to that K&N's and you have a better breathing car; especially because [these] cars (OE-tuned) are tuned to open the throttle blades more, which should increase the need for a more free flowing air intake.

Regarding CEL's when removing charcoals or adding new filters, it must vary from car-to-car because I can't seem to get a CEL on my car because of filters and I've removed and installed the filters like 5 times -- no CEL's. I'm very careful on how I seat the filters and install the air box into the "Y" openings. I also disconnect the MAF sensors for about 5-10 mins before connecting them back. Not sure if that helps.
Well with my car when it was stock I removed the charcoals after 15mins of driving-CEL. Put them back on,never came back. Its weird Oh and yes I checked the tightenness of screws. Also going by the AFR now its a very healthy 12.8-12.9-just right.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Well with my car when it was stock I removed the charcoals after 15mins of driving-CEL. Put them back on,never came back. Its weird Oh and yes I checked the tightenness of screws. Also going by the AFR now its a very healthy 12.8-12.9-just right.
It's not that weird. When I first got this car, I was told by an experienced Mercedes performance company that "everyone" gets a CEL when they touch the carbon filters. So, I was pleasantly surprised that my car does not show CEL's or internal codes from changing filters.

But, it's not just making sure the screws are tight. The filters need to seat properly. The seals around the edges need to remain as flush as possible. The toughest part -- which isn't really that tough -- is making sure the corner of the filters and boxtops that is closest to the "Y" opening on each side sits right. You really have to bend down and look very closely to see what I'm talking about. A flashlight helps. Because the corners that I'm talking about cannot be seen without a very close inspection and those are the corners that are the hardest to seat. Anyway, it doesn't sound like you need to remove the charcoals because your car traps high mph, so it's powerful. Congrats.

Your AFR sounds like it's right where it's supposed to be. Very nice.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 11-29-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM

335i 6AT
atco 18th? I'm in
Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's not that weird. When I first got this car, I was told by an experienced Mercedes performance company that "everyone" gets a CEL when they touch the carbon filters. So, I was pleasantly surprised that my car does not show CEL's or internal codes from changing filters.

But, it's not just making sure the screws are tight. The filters need to seat properly. The seals around the edges need to remain as flush as possible. The toughest part -- which isn't really that tough -- is making sure the corner of the filters and boxtops that is closest to the "Y" opening on each side sits right. You really have to bend down and look very closely to see what I'm talking about. A flashlight helps. Because the corners that I'm talking about cannot be seen without a very close inspection and those are the corners that are the hardest to seat. Anyway, it doesn't sound like you need to remove the charcoals because your car traps high mph, so it's powerful. Congrats.

Your AFR sounds like it's right where it's supposed to be. Very nice.
Thanks! I wouldnt want the AFR to run any leaner.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This stuff is too funny. No matter what happens he has something to say.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
We've had track rentals at MIR in sub-freezing temps, and people were hooking up, just fine. It's a very well prepped track. Some say, best on the East Coast.
+1. Too bad I wont be running this time around But come spring time game on!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I will be glad when this race is done and over-with. No more talking, just race, record it, and post up vid's. That should end all the back and forth, and emo posts.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I will be glad when this race is done and over-with. No more talking, just race, record it, and post up vid's. That should end all the back and forth, and emo posts.
I can almost guarantee the talking wont stop
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I called Kevin 3 times with no return call? No the machine says no more rentals this year?? Atco might be out of the question they are doing test and tune for the next 2 weekends?? Who nos maybe we can all just show up and see if they throw us off?..

Thus race will never end unless jon wins??we should all race him and let him win!! Then it might end
Old 11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thus race will never end unless jon wins??we should all race him and let him win!! Then it might end
LOL, you guys crack me up.... is it really that bad with Jon?

Last edited by MB_Forever; 11-29-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jons95c36amg 2009 C63 Vs ProPain's 2010 C63