Originally Posted by propain
Nice. How much though?
i think 1G
Old 01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Also please remember that it is hard enough to compare runs from the same track on two different days let alone from two different tracks on two different days. I'm sure many factors played into these results: weather, track conditions, more dialed in tune, better driving (Mike seems to be getting better and better everytime out), and of course, more miles on the car. The 63 seems to open up a lot after 10,000 miles.
I agree. I'm curious how the DA's compare. I think ATCO was a really cool day. Probably pretty close to the same.

4 MPH increase in trap speed is huge though considering how consistent Mikes car runs.

Id like to know his secrets however if it isn't mods!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
i think 1G
Not bad at all.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I agree. I'm curious how the DA's compare. I think ATCO was a really cool day. Probably pretty close to the same.

4 MPH increase in trap speed is huge though considering how consistent Mikes car runs.

4 mph it all increased infront of all of us
he started running he was trapping 127 the better his 60 foot was getting the better his trap speed was getting thats the secret 60 foot
Old 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Actually even when DA is close, humidity, weather quality, etc.... plays a noticeable difference (at least out here in California). My car, for example, did 12.2 in 1600 ft DA and 200 ft DA. Most likely the 4 mph increase was attributed to many factors, not just one secret super mod

The only way to know (and gain) these secrets is to go to the track and watch your car run quicker/faster everytime out
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Ok 4 MPH... Thats a nice consistent gain from his last runs. What are you trapping? His light weight mods maybe save 70lb's. So his car is a freak?? Arent you running the same mods minus the weight reduction?

This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers? Dad's did a NOS shot WITH light weight mods and the same tune + headers and only did 10.9. The DA wasnt great though...

One thing I learned in drag racing... everyone is full of it. Swear up and down... look under the hood... Ohhhhhhh... there it is....

Again. this isnt taking away from the time at all. Its still NA and its awesome, I just think he did something since his last ATCO run... We will never know.. your right.
Correct me if im wrong! i asked this question when he broke his previous record (fastest N/A NO Nitrous) Curious once again..........is there a way for a car that is being sprayed 100-125 shot to make 30 passes in a day most of them hotlapping without blowing up? have never witnessed that maybe someone can clarify this..after being out there with this guy once again there is no doubt in mind this car has no sneaky pete in there

You guys are seating home happy about dyno #'s and street races you might have had while these guys are doing everything possible not only to make these events possible but to modify their setup for their next track day..then the same envious remarks start poping up!!

His new drag radials alone help his MPH..
Old 01-07-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Correct me if im wrong! i asked this question when he broke his previous record (fastest N/A NO Nitrous) Curious once again..........is there a way for a car that is being sprayed 100-125 shot to make 30 passes in a day most of them hotlapping without blowing up? have never witnessed that maybe someone can clarify this..after being out there with this guy once again there is no doubt in mind this car has no sneaky pete in there

You guys are seating home happy about dyno #'s and street races you might have had while these guys are doing everything possible not only to make these events possible but to modify their setup for their next track day..then the same envious remarks start poping up!!

thats true 30 passes on nos would have deff blown the trans lol
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
w204 C300
like a boss.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

I didnt say he was running NOS...

LOL.. I love this forum.. The track guys are the only ones who get to speak or have an opinion... the rest of us are just sitting home on our couches...

I speak from track experience LOCO. Maybe not with my C63 but ive been down that 1/4 many many many times.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM

P-Carro
he started running he was trapping 127 the better his 60 foot was getting the better his trap speed was getting thats the secret 60 foot

Hagi tx for that Cappuccino at your place ***** was bangin'
Could have used another one driving back, as i almost hit the wall driving back..

Mike's traps-
became higher as the ECU adapted, and the new wheels are a plus any day

tx for the help as pit crew and camera man wish i could've stayed longer but my kid had some issues on his 2nd day of school and really that messed me up..but oh well

Great being there to witness those record runs, but excitementwise nothing beats the first 10.94
Old 01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
From my experience the better the 60' the better the ET usually, not the trap.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
You are 100% rite
But on this platform it's the other way. Many of us have proved that Me mike petro.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:30 PM

P-Carro
[quote=propain;4448033]I didnt say he was running NOS...

" This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers? Dad's did a NOS shot WITH light weight mods and the same tune + headers and only did 10.9"

I dont doubt your previous track experience but these are different animals when it comes to the track...so since you have not experienced it with these animals so your comments may surprise you in the future with your own car...just not sure if you have Mikes Heart andd *****

63 cars get faster times after the 4th and 5th back to back passes when my force inducted can only do 2 or 3 tops..First and sec. being the fastest.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
You are 100% rite
But on this platform it's the other way. Many of us have proved that Me mike petro.
Cool, thats why I said my experience. I havent been to the track with the C63 yet.

However, I think Jon with the OE tune had his best trap time with his worst 60'. Maybe with more power it flips. Im curious as to why. Of course ive seen it improve on FWD cars. The better the 60' on those usually the better the traps and ET's.

Last edited by propain; 01-07-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
[quote=LOCO 05' E55;4448068]
I didnt say he was running NOS...

" This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers? Dad's did a NOS shot WITH light weight mods and the same tune + headers and only did 10.9"

I dont doubt your previous track experience but these are different animals when it comes to the track...so since you have not experienced it with these animals so your comments may surprise you in the future with your own car...just not sure if you have Mikes Heart andd *****

63 cars get faster times after the 4th and 5th back to back passes when my force inducted can only do 2 or 3 tops..First and sec. being the fastest.
I just dont have Mikes time.

Take a ride down the 1/4 in my Chevelle. Now thats *****... You gotta drive the crap outa her to make it to the other end.

Id like to see what my C63 will do with my tune and maybe a few other small tweaks. I really dont have any intention to take it to the level these guys do. Nothing to do with ***** or heart, I already have my track cars. Im just not letting myself get the crazy itch with the C63. A supercharger might be nice though.

Last edited by propain; 01-07-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
You are 100% rite
This platform has me shaking my head. My best 60' times seem to have
my best MPH, not all, but most.

Also, no other car I've ever owned would get faster after 5 or 6 consecutive
runs. Most cars would need a proper cool down but these cars just love running hot laps.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM

P-Carro
[quote=propain;4448078]

Take a ride down the 1/4 in my Chevelle. Now thats *****... You gotta drive the crap outa her to make it to the other end.

Id like to see what my C63 will do with my tune and maybe a few other small tweaks. I really dont have any intention to take it to the level these guys do. Nothing to do with ***** or heart, I already have my track cars. Im just not letting myself get the crazy itch with the C63. A supercharger might be nice though.

trust me im as surprised as anyone with all his accomplishments, maybe if i wasnt there to witsness it i would be doubting myself and that is why some what i understand the silly remarks some guys may have..trust me when i tell you... the guy wants it!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Cool, thats why I said my experience. I havent been to the track with the C63 yet.

However, I think Jon with the OE tune had his best trap time with his worst 60'. Maybe with more power it flips. Im curious as to why. Of course ive seen it improve on FWD cars. The better the 60' on those usually the better the traps and ET's.
Jon has no clue (for now) about launching but because he is only 140lb, that helps his trap speed.
Mike studies the slips while Jon leaves them at the track. You should come to one of the events and see for yourself.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I think one of the major advantages that Mike has is that he uses the track to tune his car, something that many people don't do anymore. Most people just go to the dyno and look for some new number and either walk away happy or disappointed.

It's very hard to see these gains after tuning your car on the dyno. The horsepower you guys get on the dyno usually gets left at the dyno shop when you go to the track because the car doesn't perform at the drag strip. The guy that goes to the drag strip and sets the car up to go fast and quick at the track may be disappointed with the numbers that they see if they put their car on a dyno, it's just the way it is. I remember when I was racing you would hear about new cars coming out that just put down 1500HP (10 years ago), and you would be thinking how this guy is gonna kick my *** but they would get to the track and do nothing, where was all that horsepower that they had on the dyno? I can't even begin to tell you how many cars this happened with. It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to those numbers because I realized that they meant nothing.

Mike is at a big advantage because he has gone to the track many many times and he has learned a lot, I think he has learned a lot more than even he realizes. Luckily for you guys he has no qualms about sharing what he learned with you guys but the best way to get your car to go faster is to get out there and start running it.

It's really up to you to figure out what you want. Do you want that dyno number or do you want to actually be quicker and faster? I know what I would rather have.
This post deserves another quotation. That's a racer.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
[quote=LOCO 05' E55;4448107]

trust me im as surprised as anyone with all his accomplishments, maybe if i wasnt there to witsness it i would be doubting myself and that is why some what i understand the silly remarks some guys may have..trust me when i tell you... the guy wants it!!!
No question, I know Mike. Ive met him. He sleeps on the track I think. He uses DR's for pillows.

I'm happy for him because I know it means a lot to him. I wasn't trying to offend. I was just talking shop based on my previous track experience. I honestly expected him to say "I did this mod" or "I took out my passenger and back seat" or something. That stuff shows how much dedication he has to going faster and isnt a scar at all on his times. NOS I can understand how it can offend. I was only using the NOS as a compare to Dad's runs with the shot he used and his ET's and Trap. I understand how one can be offened by that.

In the end if he did add more mods to go faster It wouldn't take away from the accomplishment at all. I wonder sometimes why people get so angry when people ask.. "Ok How did you get there?"
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Congrats Mike!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Hagi tx for that Cappuccino at your place ***** was bangin'
Could have used another one driving back, as i almost hit the wall driving back..
anytime you in SI stop by take one with you

at least you made it home ok!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by RStevens63
This post deserves another quotation. That's a racer.
You are 100% right him in my corner I feel invincible...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by PetroC63
This platform has me shaking my head. My best 60' times seem to have
my best MPH, not all, but most.

Also, no other car I've ever owned would get faster after 5 or 6 consecutive
runs. Most cars would need a proper cool down but these cars just love running hot laps.
You and me both. The idea that Mike had his quickest ET's and trap and 60' on his best run is all wacky to me. (Not even sure if thats correct at this point)

I mean normally the better the 60' the lower the ET. That is simply because you will have less time to make the same mph you typically hit by getting down the track quicker.

I really wanna know how... Maybe less bog.... Sweet spot in the RPM range.

Also crazy how it gets faster... You figured you would start dumping big amounts of fuel the hotter it gets. The ECU must adapt nicely or enjoy running rich.

Lots to be studied on the C63 indeed.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
You and me both. The idea that Mike had his quickest ET's and trap and 60' on his best run is all wacky to me. (Not even sure if thats correct at this point)

I mean normally the better the 60' the lower the ET. That is simply because you will have less time to make the same mph you typically hit by getting down the track quicker.

I really wanna know how... Maybe less bog.... Sweet spot in the RPM range.

Also crazy how it gets faster... You figured you would start dumping big amounts of fuel the hotter it gets. The ECU must adapt nicely or enjoy running rich.

Lots to be studied on the C63 indeed.
thats a start lol.
we did all the studies and the car loves the heat, my best time was hot lapping so was mikes and i think petros.
all you have to do it get a pair of DR's and go race you car all out and you will see for your self, dont go for records you dont get them that way go for fun and have a good time and learn new things on how to drive the car.

Last edited by mthis; 01-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****