whats better, a C63 or a BMW M5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by lamonsas
which one is the better car and which one would you buy over the other and why?
Nothing personal but I think you ask the wrong question on this board and shouldn't be surprised at the answers (even the smart azz ones).
Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V Coupe
I understand that this dude approaches the decision of buying a car in a pretty stupid manner (i.e. which one is louder).

However, having said that, this is an enthusiast forum and the C63 isn't the only option out there for prospective buyers. Surely asking which car is best on a benz forum will warrant an overwhelming response of, "duh, the benz, that's why we own them", but that doesn't mean that people can't provide constructive input as opposed to just mocking the kid. Though he does make it pretty easy.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
In my opinion he came off as wanting to show off. Because he states that his friends can't tell the difference between a C63 and a C300 but they can tell the difference of an M5 and a 535? To me it seems like he wants people to know he can afford it. He wants a car to be louder, and claims M5 is louder. Those 2 points alone seems like he's leaning towards the M5.

Reading the Mitsubishi thread was just He claims his C300 is better than an EVO because it is a Mercedes. He then makes the op of that thread feel bad for buying an EVO which is a great car. If this forum is for true car enthusiasts he is not one.

In other words, he started a useless thread because it seems he's leaning towards a M5. And he came off as he's here to show off.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by King335i
I understand that this dude approaches the decision of buying a car in a pretty stupid manner (i.e. which one is louder).

However, having said that, this is an enthusiast forum and the C63 isn't the only option out there for prospective buyers. Surely asking which car is best on a benz forum will warrant an overwhelming response of, "duh, the benz, that's why we own them", but that doesn't mean that people can't provide constructive input as opposed to just mocking the kid. Though he does make it pretty easy.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-2011-evo.html

I have to post it again. You are being WAY too nice. It's like asking us not to blink or breathe.

I had one hell of a good time reading through this thread and laughing my f'ing *** off. This KID (even tho we are same age) is a troll and the biggest f'ing retard on the face of this planet.

This thread is going nowhere fast and should be locked before somebody really puts this kid in his place.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
I will share with yu guys a little story about the choices one makes in life...

A man wanted to get married. He was having trouble choosing among three likely candidates. He gives each woman a present of $5,000 and watches to see what they do with the money.

The first does a total makeover. She goes to a fancy beauty salon, gets her hair done, new makeup; buys several new outfits and dresses up very nicely for the man. She tells him that she has done this to be more attractive for him because she loves him so much.

The man was impressed.

The second goes shopping to buy the man gifts. She gets him a new set of golf clubs, some new gizmos for his computer, and some expensive clothes. As she presents these gifts, she tells him that she has spent all the money on him because she loves him so much.

Again, the man is impressed.

The third invests the money in the stock market. She earns several times the $5,000.. She gives him back his $5,000 and reinvests the remainder in a joint account. She tells him that she wants to save for their future because she loves him so much.

Obviously, the man was impressed.

The man thought for a long time about what each woman had done with the money he'd given her.

Then he married the one with the biggest ****.
Moral of the story? Man is not always rational.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
I am afriad the OP has been caught red handed trolling the C63 forum

again, seems he is more worried about how much money people make

and how much cars cost vs the actual cars themselves.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...oking-c63.html
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
that was another good one. this kid is great.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by j bro
I am afriad the OP has been caught red handed trolling the C63 forum

again, seems he is more worried about how much money people make

and how much cars cost vs the actual cars themselves.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...oking-c63.html
Even if someone is doing something for the "wrong" reasons, I don't see any justification to beat them up, especially if they're not harming anyone else. You can disagree while still having common courtesy. Moreover, there may be a back story you don't know about, so try having a little compassion.

Last edited by IAA-C63; 07-28-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:42 AM

2005 E55 Black
IMHO, Lamonsas is one of those guys rocking a faux hawk with $200 jeans, a $75 affliction tshirt, DC skater shoes, a white 50mm knockoff watch and drives a lowered c300 with 2 subs in the trunk with blue leds in the interior but lives with 3 other dudes that all work at Gap.
He is your typical ***** that feels that driving an entry level Benz brings more status than a Evo, which is respected by all car enthusiust because it shines at what it was built to accomplish.
Dude, you need to get off car forums because they are designed for car people and car people respect all cars that are good at what they are intended for. You should forget about the C63 because it has too much power for you, forget about the m5 because your Gap friends with think something is wrong with the SMG because it jerks in auto and snaps necks in P500S.
You should buy a red BMW X3. You will get the BMW status, chicks will think it is cute, and you can throw your Gap buddies , roller blades and mountain bike in the back.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 AM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by stiklr
IMHO, Lamonsas is one of those guys rocking a faux hawk with $200 jeans, a $75 affliction tshirt, DC skater shoes, a white 50mm knockoff watch and drives a lowered c300 with 2 subs in the trunk with blue leds in the interior but lives with 3 other dudes that all work at Gap.
He is your typical ***** that feels that driving an entry level Benz brings more status than a Evo, which is respected by all car enthusiust because it shines at what it was built to accomplish.
Dude, you need to get off car forums because they are designed for car people and car people respect all cars that are good at what they are intended for. You should forget about the C63 because it has too much power for you, forget about the m5 because your Gap friends with think something is wrong with the SMG because it jerks in auto and snaps necks in P500S.
You should buy a red BMW X3. You will get the BMW status, chicks will think it is cute, and you can throw your Gap buddies , roller blades and mountain bike in the back.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 AM

2011 Boxster Spyder, 2005 M3, 2000 Z3 M Coupe
I think the moral of the story is people like the OP are becoming more prevalent in the world, as well as places like this forum. It's possible he's a troll, but his volume of posts seems to say no to me at least. I frequent here, BMW forums, Porsche Forums, and the mulit-make forums. The increasing accessibility of the internet is allowing floods of non-enthusiasts the time and awareness to find such car forums and express their extremely non-enthusiasts opinions.

Is it okay for someone to ask whether a C63 or an E60 M5 is going to endow more status and respect compared with each other or with their economy variants? I suppose its a free country, but it's people like these that represent the antithesis of the "enthusiast" and are one of the primary reasons the even the most hardcore of sports and muscle cars are becoming so soft these days. It's the sad truth that in the real world, the large majority of people buying our beloved enthusiast models are probably only doing so for for the respect and status it affords them to others who know of little other than it looks cool and expensive.

Not much we can do about it honestly, except try to yell louder than them and hope the manufacturers throw us enthusiasts a bone occasionally.

Last edited by HBspeed; 07-29-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
We were long overdue for another retarded thread like this...
Old 07-29-2011, 07:32 AM

2006 C55 AMG
get a civic.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by HBspeed
I think the moral of the story is people like the OP are becoming more prevalent in the world, as well as places like this forum. It's possible he's a troll, but his volume of posts seems to say no to me at least. I frequent here, BMW forums, Porsche Forums, and the mulit-make forums. The increasing accessibility of the internet is allowing floods of non-enthusiasts the time and awareness to find such car forums and express their extremely non-enthusiasts opinions.

Is it okay for someone to ask whether a C63 or an E60 M5 is going to endow more status and respect compared with each other or with their economy variants? I suppose its a free country, but it's people like these that represent the antithesis of the "enthusiast" and are one of the primary reasons the even the most hardcore of sports and muscle cars are becoming so soft these days. It's the sad truth that in the real world, the large majority of people buying our beloved enthusiast models are probably only doing so for for the respect and status it affords them to others who know of little other than it looks cool and expensive.

Not much we can do about it honestly, except try to yell louder than them and hope the manufacturers throw us enthusiasts a bone occasionally.
While I'm opposed to harsh bashing of the OP, this post does make a lot of sense. I agree that the OP doesn't come across as a true car enthusiast, which is why everybody's pissed off, and why I myself recommended that he stick with an ordinary car for now. IMO, performance cars are best reserved for people who appreciate the serious engineering that went into their development. As an engineer myself, I'm in awe of the achievement the C63 represents.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
i like the story wit the guy choosing which girl to pick.

Most interesting thing i've seen in this entire thread.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 AM

2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
I'm a little pissed about OP, but I'll try to answer in a reasonable manner:

Looks: The C63 is a much more discreet car, compared to the M cars. This is mainly because a considerable part of the body parts come from lesser Cs.The Ms, in a general way, have more exclusive body panels. Take the e46 M3: it has 70% of exclusive body panels, including all the side panels, trunk and hood. This gives a more "exclusive" look to the vehicle, so you can recognize it easily if spotted from some distance. Although, I may say: for the ones who matters - those who are really able to appreciate your car - they won't be fooled by the C63's looks. Every car enthusiast can differ a C63 than a 300 instantly.

I had an M3 and I can tell you: it is exclusively a dic.k magnet. It will affect people exactely the same way as the C63 will. Ignorant people - including here 95% of the woman - won't bother to look. Enthusiasts wil worship it (and you). Don't get fooled: the M5 won't open any doors that the C63 cannot open as well. If you are looking for recognition and have enough money to buy a new M5, consider some other options in this price range. Consider getting a V8 Vantage, which is a jaw-dropping beautiful vehicle to anyone alive and as fun to drive as any M car. Also consider the Audi R8, the budget supercar. Or a 911 turbo or GT3. These cars are far from discreet: no one will think it is a lesser vehicle. If this is your cup of tea, go for it.

Performance: My M3 was an amazing car. It was very fun to drive and handled like magic. I'll be sincere: I never drove the M5, but I asked around to my fellow M owners and everyone that made the transition from the M3 to the M5 said the M3 was way better. It is a more nimble, drivers car. All M vehicles, including the E9x M3s and the M5s are a pain in the "culo" for driving in traffic, too. Even with the SMG or DCT, they have sluggish torque at low RPMs and are far less practical. Bear in mind that I am used to driving the stick and, even though, I had my moments of rage with the M3. I believe the M5 will be the same thing.

Sound: hands down, the C63 has the most amazing exhaust note I've ever heard for a sporsts sedan. It is even nicer than some true sports vehicles, such as the 911 turbo. Even the DBS, without fuse 22 cannot get even close.

Now the pissed off part: What I cannot understand is: why inferiorize the C63 and their owners in their own forum? I mean, as far as this is an honest answer, I cannot believe the OP asked an honest question. If this is about money, think again: many forum members have cars far cooler than the M5. I know people here that own SL65s, SLS AMGs, Ferraris, R8s...
Old 07-29-2011, 01:07 PM

'10 C63 AMG | '10 Lexus RX350 | '10 E550C |'98 Lexus ES300 (Love this car)
Originally Posted by solekeeper
i like the story wit the guy choosing which girl to pick.

Most interesting thing i've seen in this entire thread.

Which post # is it? I read the entire thread but didn't see it.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by stiklr

/Thread

Anyone putting down the M5 without having driven one should just stop posting. Love the "I drove an M3 so I know about the M5" comment as well. LOL. Going off rumors you heard from your cousin's sister's former roommate is not firsthand experience.

OP is a tool.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
/Thread

Anyone putting down the M5 without having driven one should just stop posting. Love the "I drove an M3 so I know about the M5" comment as well. LOL. Going off rumors you heard from your cousin's sister's former roommate is not firsthand experience.

OP is a tool.
Haha... I think that one was adressed to me. In my humble defense, I said that everyone I knew who made the transition from M3 to the M5 regreted it. It's not a significant group enough to make an entire market research, but about 4-5 fellas who are car enthusiasts. And that was a first hand experience.

I don't need to fuc.k Monica Bellucci to know she's hot.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by nickia
Which post # is it? I read the entire thread but didn't see it.
That would be me...circa 2011, page2:

Originally Posted by bigben320e
The main problem with this thread is he started off asking a comparison of the C63 vs M5 which are not even the same level/class of car.

Next, he seems more concerned about what other people think than state what HE thinks and wants out of a car.

Finally, he makes a statement about the "roar" of the C63 and M5 which seems rather bogus to most of us that have driven/heard both of said vehicles and know better.

Therefore I conclude...

To the OP, what you should do is examine why do you care about what others think, what YOU want out of a car, and then make your choice. No one can tell you what you asked. Seems like if you could buy either of these cars, you would have the wherewithal to make an intelligent decision on your own as well.

It's almost like asking which woman should I pick, the one with the d cups or c cups...no one can make that decision for me.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 AM

2009 E350, 2002 GT2, 2004 SC M3, 2010 C63
Originally Posted by GBlansten
On this subforum the answer is C63. On the M5 boards the M5 is the answer.
lol...so true. I would take a new M5 since it is about a $90K car.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 AM

2009 E350, 2002 GT2, 2004 SC M3, 2010 C63
Originally Posted by lamonsas
why is that? 2 of my friends cant tell a difference between a c63 and a c300 if they dont see the badge so i know there are others out there too.
You need different friends as your current crop is mentally challenged.