Sponsored by:

Car and Driver: 2012 BMW M3 vs 2012 C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Seems biased but a good comparison non the less.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Helms
Seems biased but a good comparison non the less.
If they had picked the C63 then they would have been objective. Any time a magazine disagrees with me they are being biased.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by Vic55
Its all about opinions... you got yours- I got mine. And Im sure you are not the only one who said "its still a nissan" because I dont remember seeing your comments. My statement was actually based off another forum's thoughts. But if you need to take credit please do. I like my stable including the Nissan.
Wow, nice collection. Not so sure about the ISF though. How do you like it?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by ryanc43amg
poorly. and I'm not saying they aren't quick blah blah blah. You just honestly can't compare the two. Yes the Nissan GTR is one of the quickest machines on this planet, but I want much more than that from a car. You don't need to say much more after you say Mercedes. They are the safest, most reliable cars ever built and that's that. If they really wanted to build something to top those other super cars out there they would. They have broken countless automotive records, and are the king of motor sport.
Did you just use Mercedes and reliable in the same sentence?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ryanc43amg
poorly. and I'm not saying they aren't quick blah blah blah. You just honestly can't compare the two. Yes the Nissan GTR is one of the quickest machines on this planet, but I want much more than that from a car. You don't need to say much more after you say Mercedes. They are the safest, most reliable cars ever built and that's that. If they really wanted to build something to top those other super cars out there they would. They have broken countless automotive records, and are the king of motor sport.
If you want to impress teenagers , buy a GTR.
If you want to impress yourself , and rest of the world in the same time , buy a Mercedes.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Kaiba
If you want to impress teenagers , buy a GTR.
If you want to impress yourself , and rest of the world in the same time , buy a Mercedes.
That's not true for everyone... there is a 2012 GTR where I live and the one thing I can say is that it mops the floor at the track with any other car there. As good as the new BS is, I would put money on the 2012 GTR in a heads up track test. Obviously there are other factors than just pure performance when picking a car (I would pick a BS too but not because of the badge) but on a pure performance basis, the GTR has very few equals. The car is supercar level performance regardless as to what us car snobs / badge ****** think of it and may not impress the "rest of the world" but would impress anyone who knew anything about cars.

How did this thread turn into another GTR bashing Lots of envious C63 owners out there who are tired of getting their butts handed to them by the GTR As bad as M3 owners can be relative to being car snobs, the one thing they do recognize (at least based on the discussions on the M3 forums) is the amazing car the GTR is.

Last edited by gthal; 12-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 AM

A couple of fast cars.
Originally Posted by callmiro
Thanks for noticing my toughness....i guess an intelligent response can be pretty intimidating to the weak

And yes...i do look like my pic....but my hair is longer in the back...drink it up

Shouldn't this dude be driving a IROC?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 AM

A couple of fast cars.
Originally Posted by gthal
That's not true for everyone... there is a 2012 GTR where I live and the one thing I can say is that it mops the floor at the track with any other car there. As good as the new BS is, I would put money on the 2012 GTR in a heads up track test. Obviously there are other factors than just pure performance when picking a car (I would pick a BS too but not because of the badge) but on a pure performance basis, the GTR has very few equals. The car is supercar level performance regardless as to what us car snobs / badge ****** think of it and may not impress the "rest of the world" but would impress anyone who knew anything about cars.

How did this thread turn into another GTR bashing Lots of envious C63 owners out there who are tired of getting their butts handed to them by the GTR As bad as M3 owners can be relative to being car snobs, the one thing they do recognize (at least based on the discussions on the M3 forums) is the amazing car the GTR is.
I test drove a GTR the day I bought my C63, it's a cool car but it wasn't for me. I didn't find the seats to be particularly comfortable nor could I get my seat in a position that would allow for a proper driving posture (I have a long torso), the car was definitely quick as hell, but just didn't feel involved to me as an m3, or c63, or the Boss 302 I traded in. To me, the cars like Ms, C63s, Porsche make you feel more part of the experience (though, to be honest, none have had me feel as involved as the Boss and the 996 GT3 I used to have many years ago), the Nissan is a beast period. All wheel drive can make a mediocre driver appear good. A buddy of mine has a Gallardo and a 997 Turbo S and I tell you when you drive those cars the proper line is virtually irrelevant because they just do stuff the M and C63 won't do.

Now, I'm not a great driver by any means but have spent quite a bit of time at the track, but I was looking for something that I could take to the track and still hone my driving skills, but could also use daily that looked great (personally I love the way the c63 looks), could carry 4 people and had all the accoutrements I wanted i.e. leather, bluetooth phone and audio streaming, Nav, built in hard drive, Sirius etc...My only complaint about the Merc is that it doesn't come in a manual even though I'm sure my lap times will be quicker in the semi-auto. With that said, I'm quite happy with my new car and hopeful to be out at the track next weekend to test her out...

Last edited by derek; 12-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 AM

AMG

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the GTR ( never raced any ). I have no like or dislike for this car. Sure its a performance beast ! But I can't understand why people compare this car to Porsche or AMG... "Exclusive" buyers on those badges buy for performance + luxury ! Please tell me where is the luxury in the GTR... In the playstation gadget ?? Come on...

Sure you can still compare performance to performance. But is that a true comparo ? What the GTR wins in performance, it looses it all in every other aspect....

As most people do , you keep telling how fast the GTR is. I'm talking about luxury and overall appreciation of the car... I never heard someone telling how the GTR was luxurious....

Last edited by Kaiba; 12-02-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by derek
Shouldn't this dude be driving a IROC?
Iroc Daytona (i was a big "Hunter" fan in the 80's)....how'd you know?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 AM

2010 CL550 loaded
What items are you talking about ? GTR has almost every option as their basic car. Seat massager are missing. Thats about it. Heated seats-Nav-XM radio-8 way power seats -ect ect ect. What is missing ? I never had to take it to the dealer for anything but yearly inspection-Free of Charge- It was my daily driver for 3 years- Rough ride -but that is the nature of the car. Went to 2 local drag strips and beat every car that didn't come on a trailer.
No rattles , only clunk from transmission . Trade in valve the best in class.
$90,000 car and worth every penny. My kids hated it, because they grew up in Michigan and we were a GM car people. I could write a book on my attention the car drew-almost every day a positive comment was heard from the people who saw the car- Rant over and out. Love my C63 coupe so far-all 70 miles of it. LOL
Old 12-02-2011, 08:31 AM

A couple of fast cars.

Yeah, well I was listening to heavy metal (still do) and wearing parachute pants and mocassin boots! Now I drive a Benz, go figure.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 AM

C63 AMG
How did this thread turn into another GTR bashing
It never has been. If you look at most of the "negative" posts about the GT-R on these forums it's not so much about bashing but just stating the car is not something that person would buy. Weather is be the fact that it is a Nissan or that it looks ugly (in their opinion). I know people who would not buy a Mercedes because of their experience with the brand. They have a negative feeling towards the "badge". Nothing wrong with that either. Some people on these boards just can't understand why someone wouldn't chose the car they drive over another. When you start buying cars in the price range of a C63 or a GT-R it becomes less about practicality and more about emotion. It doesn't matter if it has four doors or not. I mean who really needs a 451 hp four door sedan to take the kids to school? Well maybe i do. Has nothing to do with an intellectual choice. Point being people buy cars for their own reasons, which may not be that of thy neighbors. That is what drives the responses here. Like this guy Camaro. He's call me a douche because I dare to compare the GT-R with an STi. This is also what he called an "intellectual" response. These boards are crazy....
Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 AM

A couple of fast cars.
Originally Posted by melmanc55
...This is also what he called an "intellectual" response. The boards are crazy....
Practically speaking we're all a bit crazy since a ford focus would suffice, that said it's really about enjoyment. Just as I prefer pizza with just about everything on it another prefers Hawaiin style. Who gives a sh*t, bottom line is WE ALL LOVE CARS comparing the attributes of my everything on it pizza to your Hawaiin is silly, but fun:

"Yeah, but my pizza fills you up faster."

"You're a douche, it only fills you up faster 'cause you have extra pepperoni, mine is natural and less filling."

"Yeah, it may be less filling, but it's ugly..."

On and on and on...
Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 AM

C63 AMG
Practically speaking we're all a bit crazy since a ford focus would suffice, that said it's really about enjoyment. Just as I prefer pizza with just about everything on it another prefers Hawaiin style. Who gives a sh*t, bottom line is WE ALL LOVE CARS comparing the attributes of my everything on it pizza to your Hawaiin is silly, but fun:

"You're a douche, it only fills you up faster 'cause you have extra pepperoni, mine is natural and less filling."

On and on and on...
+1
Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
It never has been. If you look at most of the "negative" posts about the GT-R on these forums it's not so much about bashing but just stating the car is not something that person would buy. Weather is be the fact that it is a Nissan or that it looks ugly (in their opinion). I know people who would not buy a Mercedes because of their experience with the brand. They have a negative feeling towards the "badge". Nothing wrong with that either. Some people on these boards just can't understand why someone wouldn't chose the car they drive over another. When you start buying cars in the price range of a C63 or a GT-R it becomes less about practicality and more about emotion. It doesn't matter if it has four doors or not. I mean who really needs a 451 hp four door sedan to take the kids to school? Well maybe i do. Has nothing to do with an intellectual choice. Point being people buy cars for their own reasons, which may not be that of thy neighbors. That is what drives the responses here. Like this guy Camaro. He's call me a douche because I dare to compare the GT-R with an STi. This is also what he called an "intellectual" response. These boards are crazy....
I called you a douche because you called the GT-R "just a Nissan" which insults many of the members on this forum who do have the priviledge on owning them....

but maybe i'm getting it wrong...maybe i should think like you and then say that a Gallardo is just a VW

If you can't understand that, then you can move along and go back to the sandbox
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM

C63 AMG
I called you a douche because you called the GT-R "just a Nissan"
I know I know... how dare I call it that. I did not mean to degrade, demean or otherwise offend what you hold sacred.

See what i mean....
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Whatever tough guy. Just stating my opinion. Sorry you don't like it. A GT-R is something I wouldn't buy. Why do you and others get your panties in knot when you don't agree with someone else opinion? There are cases to be made for every side. When it's one you don't like you make a point to cry as loud as you can. Real tough guy huh? Bet you look like that guy in your profile pic?
This is just a friendly observation......
Just reading your posts and your responses to posts comes off to me as abrasive. I get the "just stating my opinion" stuff but for some reason yours sounds opinionated AND pompous. Maybe some are offended by the pompous part. The dude should not have called you a douche, but your response to his "opinion" of you and your comments is equally unfriendly. I'm just saying that there are ways of stating your opinion without making someone look like an *** for having a different opinion. I'm usually in the category of over opinionated myself!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM

C63 AMG
This is just a friendly observation......
Just reading your posts and your responses to posts comes off to me as abrasive. I get the "just stating my opinion" stuff but for some reason yours sounds opinionated AND pompous. Maybe some are offended by the pompous part. The dude should not have called you a douche, but your response to his "opinion" of you and your comments is equally unfriendly. I'm just saying that there are ways of stating your opinion without making someone look like an *** for having a different opinion. I'm usually in the category of over opinionated myself!
+1 I hear what you're saying. That's was my friendliest response i could give after being called a douche. I tried.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Wow, nice collection. Not so sure about the ISF though. How do you like it?

Yeah its a long story---- the better half's daily driver. She has to have a Lexus via car allowance so why not get the IS-F. Id never buy it- bumpy as all hell and the 8 speeds is too much. It does have a nice exhaust grunt over 3k rpms and the front fascia is attractive to me. Im actually getting used to the rear pipes and the dark wheels are nice for stockers. It does have some freeway ***** too; this is where the 8 speeds shine a bit- with higher speeds.

Originally Posted by derek

On and on and on...
Im suddenly hungry.

Last edited by Vic55; 12-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.

I will disagree. The M3 forums are just as bad.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Ahem...not to stir the pot or anything but real IROCs have V8s and rear wheel drive.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I will disagree. The M3 forums are just as bad.
Or sometimes even worse....

At least more so with the E9x crowd. E30/E36/E46 guys tend to be more balanced.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Ex_Red
Or sometimes even worse....

At least more so with the E9x crowd. E30/E36/E46 guys tend to be more balanced.
Perfectly stated. Thank You.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 PM

All I have to say is that a GTR is an okay car. It's fast, quick, and can keep up with a super car, but that's it. It's cheaply built and will fall apart after 10,000 miles. I have multiple Mercedes close to the 300,000 mile mark that run great. Yes Mercedes has recently slipped in their reliability, but they still remain the most reliable cars in the world. Once they uproot Dr. Z and put their money where it needs to be (Not Mitsubishi or Chrysler which cost them BILLIONS) they will be back to their old ways with all that gorgeous wood and interior. Come on Nissan had a warranty issue with the GTR, that car is just a mess. SMH

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver: 2012 BMW M3 vs 2012 C63 AMG