Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Help Please!

I was emailing back and forth with my Sales Advisor about a price we could agree on on my C63 AMG Coupe that was basically fully loaded. After about 2 emails, he told me if I wanted something cheap, I should go buy a 3 series and I should pay more for a C63 AMG. I told him I use to own a 3 series and it was a very fine vehicle. I proceeded to tell him I have an X5 and a 650i in the garage so with his attitude, I would just go buy an M3 and thanked him for his help. He then told me to "Go away and have fun".

I forwarded this email to his manager he apologized several times and I got that sorted out. I won't name the dealership out of respect for the manager because he is a good guy and I don't want to tarnish his dealerships name.

Order cancelled and I have no clue where to go from here. Anyone have any suggestions and or guidance? Any tips that will lead me into the right direction will greatly help. I still want a C63 but I don't know if I have to start all over again and start a relationship with another dealer. Any advice would be a great help!

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 12-30-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I was emailing back and forth with my Sales Advisor about a price we could agree on on my C63 AMG Coupe that was basically fully loaded. After about 2 emails, he told me if I wanted something cheap, I should go buy a 3 series and I should pay more for a C63 AMG. I told him I use to own a 3 series and it was a very fine vehicle. I proceeded to tell him I have an X5 and a 650i in the garage so with his attitude, I would just go buy an M3 and thanked him for his help. He then told me to "Go away and have fun".

I forwarded this email to his manager he apologized several times and I got that sorted out. I won't name the dealership out of respect for the manager because he is a good guy and I don't want to tarnish his dealerships name.

Order cancelled and I have no clue where to go from here. Anyone have any suggestions and or guidance? Any tips that will lead me into the right direction will greatly help. I still want a C63 but I don't know if I have to start all over again and start a relationship with another dealer. Any advice would be a great help!

Thank you in advance.
with that attitude I would go see a new dealer. very ****ty attitude, especially to someone going to buy a pretty expensive vehicle.

Remember the dealer isnt doing you a favor by selling you the car. Just take your time!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Yeah, but I was getting a set of winter wheels and tires for a discount and the maintenance package for a discount which is what I wanted. Back to the drawing board.I was also very surprised he had a job in the car sales business.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 12-30-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Don't you agree on a price before you place your deposit???
Old 12-30-2011, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
But if the car had been ordered isn't it still being built and delivered to the dealer? If so, why not still buy it if you like the manager? Why start the whole process again? Had they not booked a production spot yet?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 AM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
You could go to cars.com and pick up one of the 108 that are listed or just deal with the sales manager.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Like gthal said, just deal strictly with the manager or the dealer principle(owner) if they want to move that car, if your looking for some huge discounts you probably wont get it, so to be realistic, if they are offering you a $2500 to $4000 off MSRP, you are doing very well for a new coupe, if you are looking for more of a rebate you probably wont end up with a C63 coupe, good luck.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by gthal
But if the car had been ordered isn't it still being built and delivered to the dealer? If so, why not still buy it if you like the manager? Why start the whole process again? Had they not booked a production spot yet?
Car is not in production yet. It was scheduled for January. I don't want to help pay that piece of trashes salery. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 AM

'16 528i MSport
I understand you're dealing with someone with whom you had a relationship with but ultimately, you're dealing with the dealership. If it's not the douchebag who will give you service but its the dealership that ultimately will. With that said, deal with his manager directly from now on. I had a similar run in with Ray Catena and now I deal directly with the Head of Sales there...
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

If you have already escalated the rude treatment that you have received to management and they have acknowledged and apologized for the situation. It appears that the Manager still values you as a customer and did right by you because you sound happy with how the matter was sorted out. I would deal directly with that Manager for the vehicle, he might even be willing to give you a great deal on it, given your circumstances.

Ultimately, you still want the vehicle. So it's your call...
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by gthal
If the car was ordered, then it is in cue (i.e. a production slot). If you start over, you will lose your slot and you will get a car at some later date. Don't expect to get much of a discount...there have already been significant shortage of parts, especially for p31 cars. Even at MSRP, don't look back. Also, finalize your deal/price in person, not via email. If you are SERIOUS about buying the vehicle and don't want to give the impression of a casual or internet shopper, they need to see how serious you are! The dealerships don't get many of these vehicles so they don't have to bend over backwards to meet demands of a price shopping customer because they can easily sell it to someone else. Just remember the relative rarity of the vehicle you are ordering.
Don't give up! Get this car.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
If you have already escalated the rude treatment that you have received to management and they have acknowledged and apologized for the situation. It appears that the Manager still values you as a customer and did right by you because you sound happy with how the matter was sorted out. I would deal directly with that Manager for the vehicle, he might even be willing to give you a great deal on it, given your circumstances.

Ultimately, you still want the vehicle. So it's your call...
Totally agree here. I'm in the same boat. Either MB or the dealer dropped the ball on my order and now my production date is in Feb. I had other options, so I emailed my sales advisor and the general manager and got things straightened up. In the end, I'm getting below invoice pricing and i'll just have to wait an extra two months.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Sales guy screwed up my order too. GM saved it. I only deal with the GM (because the sales guys are all incompetent across any dealer ive been to) for this exact reason.

Confirmed shortage of parts for january production are rear view camera and lighting package per my dealer Best shot you have is to find a dealer that has an allocation not claimed and have them change the order, and even then at this point its looking like a stretch for January.

Next round of builds I could get in on if I missed the January date was March build.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 PM

2009 C63 AMG
If it's a for sure that your original order can no longer be resurrected...and I have a feeling you wouldn't want it to (as the Summer's Eve SA will still get a cut), time to do the following:

1. As a previous poster said, go browse cars.com or autotrader.com and see if there's a C63 there for you.

2. Make a lot of phone calls...don't limit yourself to the local area (what's a few extra bucks for travel (or shipping) when we're talking about buying a C63?).

3. You may also have to compromise based on the following:
a. Endure a longer wait for exactly the car you want at the right price.
b. Pay more for the car but get it sooner.
c. Give up some options like P31 to get the car sooner and for less cost. I don't recall if you track or not...how important is P31 if you don't track?
d. Left-over 2011s will be relative bargains. How important is the face-lift? The new interior? The superior handling? The MCT?

Just throwing out some quick thoughts...hopefully everything turns out well and you're posting a pic of your car before too long.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Thank you everyone for the support. I'm going to give this another shot but I will have to step back and do some digging. Place my new order next week.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Good luck!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by bmoney12
You could go to cars.com and pick up one of the 108 that are listed or just deal with the sales manager.

I bet if you walk into any one of those dealerships tomorrow, that has one on the lot, you can get a crazy "YEAR END...GET THAT THING OFF MY LOT SO I CAN HIT MY NUMBERS" deal

There are over 230 of them sitting on a lot waiting to get snapped up

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...Y&ldId=&rpp=50

Last edited by callmiro; 12-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 PM

2010 CL550 loaded
it is not a Ferrari --they are everywhere-- 4200 dollars off min. MSRP or walk --no run out of the deal
Old 12-31-2011, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
I'm heading to another dealer tomorrow to work on numbers.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Cars.com may be misleading. I have spent the last few weeks monitoring dealer inventory through their system with the GM of my dealer and there are only a handful of p31 sedans out there for example, then when you narrow down the colors and options you want, you're not left with much.

If you are flexible on colors and options you can definitely score one, otherwise you need to be lucky yo find what you want, or build it.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
I just finished a deal on one today. I am in NYC and did the deal completely over the phone with the dealer. The dealer is in Ohio, North Olmsted Mercedes. I dealt with a sales person named Richard Kruzel. Very nice guy, attentive, responds to all emails, phone calls and emails. I actually bought two cars in the span of 4 days from them. I have never dealt with them before. I haven't worked exclusively with one dealer on any car I have owned. In the last 2 years I have had a '03 G500, '09 Cayenne Turbo S, '07 911 Turbo, '11 G55, '10 E63. Every car was bought from a different dealer in the Tri-State area.
I found this dealer by chance when I was looking for the first car i bought in the last week which was a '12 E63 Wagon. The dealership had a palladium silver with ash interior with significant options. I called to inquire and Richard sent photos, and the sticker. He called me the next day to get my thoughts. I said the color wasn't what i wanted, within 4 hours, he got me my color combo of black/black. Gave me a great deal on my trade and took 6K off the sticker when every other dealer i spoke to said no one was discounting off sticker.
Called him this morning to inquire on a c63 coupe. He had one at the Port in Magnetite and the options i wanted. Took 3k off at first, then took 4K and settled on 4500K off the sticker.
I stress that I have never been to the dealership, I have never even been to Ohio. However, I couldn't be happier with the way I was treated and the deals I got.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
I'm heading to another dealer tomorrow to work on numbers.
let us know how it went.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Since my build date isn't till Feb, I went to my dealer today to add the P31 package. Hopefully it won't delay my build date.