Velos Tune vs. MHP Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Velos Tune vs. MHP Tune

Any notable differences between the MHP tune and the Velos tune?

Can anyone shed any insight on this?

I'm fairly certain this hasn't been specifically discussed before - apologies in advance if I am wrong.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Are there any notable differences between any tunes?? There are no details released about any vendors tune except a dyno graph and a price...

Would be nice to know more about what exactly is done, but I don't think the chef will give away his recipes...

Last edited by Merc63; 04-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupé
I recently did a write up on my Velos tune with dyno graph, pics, and videos if it helps you out

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pics-vids.html
Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by padroncubans
I recently did a write up on my Velos tune with dyno graph, pics, and videos if it helps you out

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pics-vids.html
Very nice - def makes you feel good about sending them your ECU!

So your car makes more power than an MHP tuned car?

Enjoy!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupé
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Very nice - def makes you feel good about sending them your ECU!

So your car makes more power than an MHP tuned car?

Enjoy!
I chose them mainly because they were local so I didn't have to send my ECU in the mail, but after seeing the results I would have sent them my ECU if i didn't live by them anyway. From what I'm seeing from the other Velos tuned C63 it looks like they are producing more power than the other tuners.

(Tried to PM you since this is off topic, but I'm receiving an error from the site) what do you think about the evosport pulley? and whats the CLK63 BS Airboxes?

Last edited by padroncubans; 04-24-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I think dyno sheets should be left out of the equation for this, best thing to do would be to find a tuner you are comfortable with, and has the ability to tune to the level of mods you would like to have in the end, there isn't to much reason to flip flop around over tuners
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 AM

C63 AMG
When I spend my hard earned money I tend to make decisions based on real world results and not dyno sheets.

If you're looking for something to post on Facebook to impress your friends and have no plans on racing the car then by all means go with whoever has the best dyno graphs.

If you want a fast car that will back it up at the track and on the street then get on dragtimes.com and see for yourself what tuners have the fastest cars.

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
I think dyno sheets should be left out of the equation for this, best thing to do would be to find a tuner you are comfortable with, and has the ability to tune to the level of mods you would like to have in the end, there isn't to much reason to flip flop around over tuners
Best advice you'll get here...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by AMGFTW
When I spend my hard earned money I tend to make decisions based on real world results and not dyno sheets.

If you're looking for something to post on Facebook to impress your friends and have no plans on racing the car then by all means go with whoever has the best dyno graphs.

If you want a fast car that will back it up at the track and on the street then get on dragtimes.com and see for yourself what tuners have the fastest cars.

Just my 2 cents
+1

Results > All

Dyno's vary to much and the data can be manipulated. They are good for baselines to show gains if you want to continue to mod. Vbox an Track data are what you should look for.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by dodger63
BINGO
Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
thanks for all the responses guys - really appreciate the insight!

looks like I have some homework to do..thanks again!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I chose them mainly because they were local so I didn't have to send my ECU in the mail, but after seeing the results I would have sent them my ECU if i didn't live by them anyway. From what I'm seeing from the other Velos tuned C63 it looks like they are producing more power than the other tuners.

(Tried to PM you since this is off topic, but I'm receiving an error from the site) what do you think about the evosport pulley? and whats the CLK63 BS Airboxes?
Evosport pulley is awesome - it really free's up the engine at all RPM's...

I actually haven't had it installed on this car yet since I just switched out of my other 2012 about a month ago (sold it to a friend), but am hesitant to put it back on due to the work involved and the fact that it under-drives the accessories. For example, at idle, when cold outside this past winter, the maximum temp I could get out of the air vents was 56*. I had to hold the revs at a minimum of 750-1000 RPM and the heat would magically and instantaneously come back on. (no issues while driving at any speed though, just idle)

Beyond that, I just feel that messing with something connected to the internals is like playing with fire....maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Other than that, no issues whatsoever with great performance and quality.

Lastly, CLK 63 BS airboxes are the airboxes out of the CLK63 Black Series. The shape of the intake leading to the manifold is twice the diameter of the stock ones - thus greatly improving breathing efficiency and capability. Also adds a bit more sound.

Cheers!

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 04-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG

Evosport pulley is awesome - it really free's up the engine at all RPM's...

I actually haven't had it installed on this car yet since I just switched out of my other 2012 about a month ago, but am hesitant to put it back on due to the work involved and the fact that it under-drives the accessories. For example, at idle, when cold outside this past winter, the maximum temp I could get out of the air vents was 56*.

Beyond that, I just feel that messing with something connected to the internals is like playing with fire....maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Other than that, no issues whatsoever with great performance and quality.

Lastly, CLK 63 BS airboxes are the airboxes out of the CLK63 Black Series. The shape of the intake leading to the manifold is almost twice the diameter of the stock ones - thus greatly improving breathing efficiency and capability.

Cheers!
Attached Files