C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Wow. Thanks. Great customer service so far!

One other question for now. Your sales team just sent me the directions for the My Genius programmer. It says to first download the stock map from the car to the programmer, and then upload to the computer. But, the rest of the directions make it sound like the write-up is for people who are sending their stock file out to be edited, then returned and loaded (modified) back to the car.

Since, in this case, the programmer is being ordered with the tuned maps on it and ready to go, is there a need to perform that initial "saving" of the stock map to the computer, or does the programmer already have the stock map built in (and I assume it would be selectable as one of the maps to load, when scrolling through those that are loaded on the unit)?

Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
- How will updates/new versions/adding a map to the 4 slots work? Will they be able to be downloaded to a PC and then uploaded to the handheld via a software interface, by the customer? - The device can hold many tunes (more than needed). You use the supplied software and connect the device to your PC via a USB cable to manage the device. You can add / remove any tune you like. However, the stock software cannot be removed.

- Does the base/stock map occopy one of the 4 slots, or is that always there in the unit and the 4 slots are for tune maps? - No worries...the device can hold many maps...Some of our BMW customers have over 10 maps loaded and ready to flash.

- I assume the unit comes with V3 maps of whatever octane you specify. Jerry mentioned V4 maps in one of his posts the other day. Is that just an anticipation of a future release, or is V4 something else? - V4 is currently loaded on my black series for testing. I had a local C63 owner testing V4 at the track (MSR). During his 5th session the tranny showed an overheat message. This was hours of track abuse that caused the light to come on. I'm working on V4 now to solve that issue. Once fixed there will not be a better tune on the market! Super fast shifting, track optimized maps, etc.

- Can you guys possibly make a sticky/first-post FAQ (or place a link to one if it exists already) for Q&A around the EuroTuner V2.0 as well as the V3 maps? Sure, the Eurotuner V2 is being replaced with the programmer. The device the 63 guys will receive is stand alone and has a built in LCD interface!
- Can you elaborate a bit more on what "else" the V3 tunes do aside from power. The website product page briefly mentioned faster shifting and smoother operation, at a very high level. Would love to learn a bit more detail about all the goodies it accomplishes. - Fast shifting, smoother shifting, optimized ignition advance, fueling maps, RPM (if desired), top speed limiter, and a few key maps that are difned by us that I don't want to mention. :-)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
1. As long as each ECU has the same Hardware Software and VIN then it will work.

2. The tunes always stay in the device!

Originally Posted by immelman
I have Couple of Questions like everyone else.

(1) If you have two ECUs for your car will (1) tuner flash both of them?

(2)Do the tunes stay in the device always are do they get "moved" back and forth to the ECU? (For instance if you have 2 ecu's can you flash the exact same file to them both?)

Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
b16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
I down for programmer + tune.

Can you supply a stock tune as well?

I would like: stock, 91v3, 100

Anyone running E85 on these things yet? :P
Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by b16
I down for programmer + tune.

Can you supply a stock tune as well?

I would like: stock, 91v3, 100

Anyone running E85 on these things yet? :P
I have not tuned any E85 63's yet!

I can supply the stock tune!

PM sent.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 PM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by ezatnova

One other question for now. Your sales team just sent me the directions for the My Genius programmer. It says to first download the stock map from the car to the programmer, and then upload to the computer. But, the rest of the directions make it sound like the write-up is for people who are sending their stock file out to be edited, then returned and loaded (modified) back to the car.

Since, in this case, the programmer is being ordered with the tuned maps on it and ready to go, is there a need to perform that initial "saving" of the stock map to the computer, or does the programmer already have the stock map built in (and I assume it would be selectable as one of the maps to load, when scrolling through those that are loaded on the unit)?
Also interested in a response to this!!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
The programmer leaves our office blank. It requires you to mate it with the vehicle before it can be used.

Generally you would read the stock file, send it to me, I modify and send back. However, the 63 ECU cannot be read via OBDII so the device will only ID the car. Once you have this ID file, you send it to me. I match your stock software based on the ID file, attach it to an email and send it on the way to you. From that point forward, you load all tunes via the same method.

To sum it up, the device will arrive blank. We will send all files via email for you to load / manage.

One other question for now. Your sales team just sent me the directions for the programmer. It says to first download the stock map from the car to the programmer, and then upload to the computer. But, the rest of the directions make it sound like the write-up is for people who are sending their stock file out to be edited, then returned and loaded (modified) back to the car.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by ronzride
Also interested in a response to this!!
replied
Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM

2016 C63S
1. As long as each ECU has the same Hardware Software and VIN then it will work.

2. The tunes always stay in the device!
Related to this, what happens when it comes time to sell the unit? Is there a way to "unmarry" the unit from the car/vin/ECU, so it can be used by someone else?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM

2016 C63S
Very interesting. Thanks for the informative reply.

The programmer leaves our office blank. It requires you to mate it with the vehicle before it can be used.

Generally you would read the stock file, send it to me, I modify and send back. However, the 63 ECU cannot be read via OBDII so the device will only ID the car. Once you have this ID file, you send it to me. I match your stock software based on the ID file, attach it to an email and send it on the way to you. From that point forward, you load all tunes via the same method.

To sum it up, the device will arrive blank. We will send all files via email for you to load / manage.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM
nkc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 Coupe P31 CF Trim - Eurocharged V7, 2012 RangeRover Autobiography, 2017 GLS 63 Amg
Sent you an email
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM

AMG
Hi Jerry ,

Goods news ! Congrats for the good work.

Might be a dumb question but , are you going to provide a special tune for the C63 BS ? I guess the tune would not be the same as a "standard" C63 Coupe ?! If yes , I'll be a buyer for sure ( I'm running EU 98 by the way )
Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Related to this, what happens when it comes time to sell the unit? Is there a way to "unmarry" the unit from the car/vin/ECU, so it can be used by someone else?
You can "unmarry" and resell the unit.

There will be an unlock fee of $200 required to be paid in order to use it on another car.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Hi Jerry ,

Goods news ! Congrats for the good work.

Might be a dumb question but , are you going to provide a special tune for the C63 BS ? I guess the tune would not be the same as a "standard" C63 Coupe ?! If yes , I'll be a buyer for sure ( I'm running EU 98 by the way )

Yes, we are woking on a special tune for the C63 BS. As of now, we have only managed 10WHP. Will keep you posted on the results in a new thread.

*edit: I said CLK63 BS.. oops.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 05-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
Can we place our order through Eurocharge Canada & still be eligible for the group buy discount?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
Sweet, mine has been ordered.

In a few weeks I'll do some dyno comparisons from stock to v3 tuned with the programmer on a Mustang Dyno.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM

2012 C63 Sedan
Sweet! count me down for a programer and tune!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
hey guys we are getting swamped with pms/etc You can also email us to sales@eurocharged.com We have the entire crew answering emails today!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Amazing. Congrats Jerry, I think for the moment you may have killed this segment of the tune business. Why would anyone go elsewhere?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by derspi
Can we place our order through Eurocharge Canada & still be eligible for the group buy discount?
sure!

Originally Posted by b16
Sweet, mine has been ordered.

In a few weeks I'll do some dyno comparisons from stock to v3 tuned with the programmer on a Mustang Dyno.
awesome!

Originally Posted by flooby
Sweet! count me down for a programer and tune!!!
http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=99

get it while they last!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by bhamg
Amazing. Congrats Jerry, I think for the moment you may have killed this segment of the tune business. Why would anyone go elsewhere?
our thoughts too!

That's also why we keep our prices low and are the only ones to offer FREE retunes for future mods!

Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Just to let you know this offer is avaliable to our CDN customers as well,

To place you order in Canada please email sales@eurocharged.ca
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
our thoughts too!

That's also why we keep our prices low and are the only ones to offer FREE retunes for future mods!

For sure, it's definitely a great business model. Congrats again!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM

2010 C63 amg
Would we be able to use this programmer if we use a different tunners tunes? Meaning would we be able to use it to switch back and forth between their tunes as well? Or would this programmer only work with using Eurocharged tunes?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 PM

2007 E63
[QUOTE]Would we be able to use this programmer if we use a different tunners tunes? Meaning would we be able to use it to switch back and forth between their tunes as well? Or would this programmer only work with using Eurocharged tunes?[QUOTE]

+1
Old 05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by 2010c63amg
Would we be able to use this programmer if we use a different tunners tunes? Meaning would we be able to use it to switch back and forth between their tunes as well? Or would this programmer only work with using Eurocharged tunes?
between their tune and stock? You can do that, but you would need to ship the ecu over to us in houston to backup and create the file for you to write to the device.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!