C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

MBH Motorsports - Disappointing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
Angry MBH Motorsports - Disappointing

Just wanna share my bad experience dealing with MBH Motorsports. Over a week ago I made some enquiries about their X-pipe for the C63. Mike was very prompt (within a day) in responding to all my queries. I then made the decision to buy the X-pipe and paid for it in full using the Paypal account Mike provided. Guess what? Since making the payment, I haven't been able to reach MBH Motorsports for an entire week. They no longer respond to my emails and PM. Calling the telephone number on their website only directs me to a voice mail. I'm now wondering how I can get back the money I paid. Very disappointed, especially since I've heard so much good things about MBH and Mike on this forum.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
I understand your confusion. I also have some difficuilty reaching mike. I do know he has been extremely busy.

Perhaps this thread will mark his attention and resolve your issue as planned. MBH is top class and so is Mike. You will get taken care of. Don't worry
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Banned

C63
That's really confusing, they/Mike should at least pick up or reply your emails.

I've also heard good news about MBH and their pro customer service. I was really willing to deal with them. Lets just wait and see what their excuse will be.

Good luck
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 AM

2011 C63AMG P31
Maybe he is busy , who knows be Patient
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by alrasheed1991
Maybe he is busy , who knows be Patient
Maybe true but busy aside, a business can't let communication go dead with a customer just because they got payment and then got "busy." An email response saying it is delayed getting shipped out would be enough to make most customers happy. There is nothing more annoying than making a payment and then radio silence. Any good business would not let this happen no matter how busy they are... too busy to return a call or send an email is just an excuse IMO. If he went on vacation, then he either needs backup support or needs to inform customers he will be out of contact for a bit.

MBH might be a great business but if I had this experience even once I would not go back. There are lots of vendors out there to choose from who would ensure they responded in a timely manner. No need dealing with those who don't. If you want to make money and stay in business, you make sure your customers know they are being served well because if you don't, someone else will.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
That's odd I also sent an email asking about a mid pipe. I got a reply with the prices. I emailed again asking about an "H" pipe instead of an X and I didn't get the same response. I figured he was busy do I sent another email to just touch base in case he forgot to reply to me. All I needed was the price of an H instead of an X. I haven't gotten a reply and it's been more than 7days or so. Ohh well I guess he's busy.

I went to my local shop and they can make an H mid pipe ( stainless for $250.00. I wanted to give Mike the business since we are all car guys but I guess he doesnt need the business or maybe he's busy.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:06 AM

2010 C63, 2007 X5
I also emailed him several times and didn't get any response. This was his last post: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-made-usa.html

"Will be out of town 6/25/2012 to 7/5/2012 Please Email me with any questions. I will do my best to get back to you during this time"
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM

AMG C63
Thanks all! I'll wait a few more days and see if I get a response. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 AM

c63
Originally Posted by BO Knows
I also emailed him several times and didn't get any response. This was his last post: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-made-usa.html

"Will be out of town 6/25/2012 to 7/5/2012 Please Email me with any questions. I will do my best to get back to you during this time"
out of office automatic replies go a long way when no one is covering for you
Old 07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
nkc

2012 C63 Coupe P31 CF Trim - Eurocharged V7, 2012 RangeRover Autobiography, 2017 GLS 63 Amg
He could be sick
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I'm out of town until Thursday. I have very limited internet and have to rely on my cell phone to check emails and even reply to this thread. Even that is limited.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I'm out of town until Thursday. I have very limited internet and have to rely on my cell phone to check emails and even reply to this thread. Even that is limited.
Something as simple as changing your VM or an email auto reply to notify you are out of town with limited access can make a world of difference in these situations
Old 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63

Well that explains it

Mike hit me up when u get back please.
Need an H pipe
Old 07-01-2012, 07:17 PM

3L B5 S4 turbo
Threads like this can hurt business.... please give it time..... before posting like this....
Old 07-01-2012, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by 600whp S4
Threads like this can hurt business.... please give it time..... before posting like this....
OP gave it 7 days... imo it was plenty of time. If members are scared to 'hurt' business and share their experiences, what's the point of this forum? circlejerk cause we all drive nice cars?

do have to add however, MBH thru this thread, answered and updated the people left in the dark. Isn't this a good thing?

Last edited by Fung63; 07-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by 600whp S4
Seriously..every business out there has issues. It should be blatant and outright intent to harm a customer, before posting in a pubic forum. Always another side to the story. No excuse for slow customer service, but maybe his mom died or something?? who knows...I think people sometimes forget this when dealing with small outfits with just a couple of folks running the show as opposed to large corporations with 24/7 customer support. Yeah, we all could be better at setting up outlook mail, but I think MBH has earned the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by Fung63
OP gave it 7 days... imo it was plenty of time. If members are scared to 'hurt' business and share their experiences, what's the point of this forum? circlejerk cause we all drive nice cars?

do have to add however, MBH thru this thread, answered and updated the people left in the dark. Isn't this a good thing?
What is this referenced "Circlejerk"?
Does it have something to do with driving a Mercedes?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 PM

AMG C63
Thanks to all for your views. I started the post as a last resort. Hope people understand how I feel. It was prompt response until full payment was made on 23 June. Then radio silence for an entire week. I've tried emails, PM and phone calls, but to no avail. I'm not from the US and I've never dealt with MBH, so it's only natural that I worry. Anyway, now that Mike has responded to this thread saying that he won't be back till Thursday, I'll patiently wait another week for his response.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Mike and MBH motorsports are straight shooters. Sponsor or no, I’m almost certain you’ll soon be made whole.
Timely communication is imperative though.
Be that as it may, waiting for prepaid hot rodding hardware to arrive is undeniably frustrating.

Someday I’ll again get so far away from running my business that there’s absolutely zero internet access. :D
Old 07-01-2012, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
Tail happy - I think most people agree that you acted with restraint and in a reasonable manner. 7 days is a long time to not hear about an order after payment. If a business is closed or someone is unavailable for an extended period of time, there's no reason to NOT have a voicemail or email auto reply that says they will be out and about and not able to communicate for xx days. It's not that hard to setup.

Edit: sounds like notice that he would be out of town was setup.

Last edited by lowpost; 07-04-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Sorry to hear, its understandable he was out of town with limited internet access, etc...
On a side note, I've had nothing but a great experience dealing with MBH.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I'm on limited 3g cell connection. So when I venture to town. I'll get 15 emails come in. Including the key word tracking about this thread. Then its a race to respond before my phone dies or I loose sig again. I'm here in limited access, but here kinda. I've got time to type 2 emails with one finger. I'm here, and kinda see everything, at some point. All orders ship all the time, every time. I'll have time Monday to make some replies to more emails.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
OP was more than patient....what, Tail sends MBH money...IN FULL, and MBH is "outta town" suddenly? Poor OP is waiting for product and service while MBH is vactioning on the Italian Riviera??????

I don't know what MBH is thinking...but a lot of us on this forum are business owners and client is first priority. You did the right thing to post here after waiting patiently. Get people to own up to thier products and services out in the open...that's what this is for. I would NEVER in a million years ever leave one of my customers hanging, I don't care what the excuse. ESPECIALLY AFTER FULL PAYMENT!! His "staff" should of answered his calls and aplogized profusely for any and all delays.

Hope MBH gives you 1000% priority when he "gets back into town" without notifying his most important commodity...his customers.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
OP was more than patient....what, Tail sends MBH money...IN FULL, and MBH is "outta town" suddenly? Poor OP is waiting for product and service while MBH is vactioning on the Italian Riviera??????

I don't know what MBH is thinking...but a lot of us on this forum are business owners and client is first priority. You did the right thing to post here after waiting patiently. Get people to own up to thier products and services out in the open...that's what this is for. I would NEVER in a million years ever leave one of my customers hanging, I don't care what the excuse. ESPECIALLY AFTER FULL PAYMENT!! His "staff" should of answered his calls and aplogized profusely for any and all delays.

Hope MBH gives you 1000% priority when he "gets back into town" without notifying his most important commodity...his customers.
I added my travel dates to my signature about a week before I left. I have internet tonight and responded to PM's and emails. I always take care of the customer. I've done that since day one. If you email me an automatic away message gets sent to you. I had that set up the day before I left. I rarely ever leave the confines of MBH. I work this gig just about 24 hours a day. talking with customers and taking care of people that just need some info. Some times I miss an email or a PM, but I do my best to get back to everyone.

Right now I'm in Concord NH and I head back up to Northern NH tomorrow. Then home Thursday night. I do have future travel plans for set for August. I will keep everyone posted when I will be gone.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 PM

2010 C63, 2007 X5
Mike replied to my email within an hour and got his auto out of office response

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBH Motorsports - Disappointing