C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 as a Collector Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Edition 507
Did you know 7hp (lol, yeah just 7hp) is allocated to the front wheel on the 507 Edition?....I can ask AMG in the Private Lounge, but I'm sure the P31 or any other c63 other BS was setup this way out of the factory.

to answer your first question- please refer to the Mercedes Benz link provided in my previous post(s) (it seems like the trolls don't like to read what Mercedes actually publishes for people to read):

Originally Posted by JeffDL
i'm lost so you're still saying the internals are different from a 507 to a p31 car?

also the major difference in the 159 is the dry sump.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
yeah i read the pdf it's nothing new.

you're talking about this line: 2014 C63 AMG “Edition 507” uses much of the same technology as the
SLS AMG: the eight-cylinder naturally aspirated engine features forged
pistons, connecting rods and a lightweight crankshaft as seen on the
super sports car.

yes they are exactly the same parts in all of the P31 cars.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
if you are looking to brag about 507 stuff brag about the brakes. those are bigger than a p31 car. the hood is also much cooler. the stock wheels as well. the sticker meh
Old 06-02-2015, 04:09 PM

C63 Edition 507
LOL- with a little more air in those boxes and some 93+ octane w/ proper tune- you'd be surprised what the 507 can do compared to what my old p31...yes, it is not blistering better, but god is it so consistently awesome and quicker! ....hahaha, nice one with the Aventendor....either you're dreaming or on drugs....The new C63s is not that superior over the 507 even out of the box...I will drive one very soon at Fletcher Jones, sales guy has been dying to sell it me.. I'm holding out until I see how the coupe looks in person before making a decision on the new chassis.The mod'd W205 different story, but still too new to really see what the true potential of the 4.0TTs can do all modded compared to staged and supercharged 6.2 modded. I rather wait until AMG makes the Edition 550s (lol, if that is they will call it 5+ years from now) or better yet, the BS for the W205!!

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Ronen, let it go. If you want to collect it, fine, but you'll be the only one. Everyone else that has an actual collectible is riding around in a BS. We are talking about a C-CLASS... An entry level MB with a big engine, yay. There are a ton of c63's out there. Yes, they are awesome cars which is why we love them, but your 507 isn't going to skyrocket in value because it has PP internals.

A 507 is a regular PP c63 with a slightly more aggressive tune and a sweet hood. Pretty much it.

As for you outrunning a w205 c63s.. I actually ran down an Aventador the other day, chit was weak. (In other words, you didn't or that car needed a driver mod because the new c63s is better in essentially every department that matters for track times)

Last edited by Ronen; 06-02-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:10 PM

C63 Edition 507
Prove it

And the 507 sounds slightly different from the motor than the P31 I drove for 14,000 miles. Just my opinion/two cents...just been fortunate to have owned a P31 and able to upgrade to the one and only P61.

yeah i read the pdf it's nothing new.

you're talking about this line: 2014 C63 AMG “Edition 507” uses much of the same technology as the
SLS AMG: the eight-cylinder naturally aspirated engine features forged
pistons, connecting rods and a lightweight crankshaft as seen on the
super sports car.

yes they are exactly the same parts in all of the P31 cars.

Last edited by Ronen; 06-02-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Ronen
LOL- with a little more air in those boxes and some 93+ octane w/ proper tune- you'd be surprised what the 507 can do compared to what my old p31...yes, it is not blistering better, but god is it so consistently awesome and quicker! ....hahaha, nice one with the Aventendor....either you're dreaming or on drugs....The new C63s is not that superior over the 507 even out of the box...I will drive one very soon at Fletcher Jones, sales guy has been dying to sell it me.. I'm holding out until I see how the coupe looks in person before making a decision on the new chassis.The mod'd W205 different story, but still too new to really see what the true potential of the 4.0TTs can do all modded compared to staged and supercharged 6.2 modded. I rather wait until AMG makes the Edition 550s (lol, if that is they will call it 5+ years from now) or better yet, the BS for the W205!!
The aventador remark is just my bad bitter internet sarcasm coming through.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Ronen
Prove it
here is a car and driver article talking about the 2010 P31 cars:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ment-pack-test

and from the article:
The P31 package focuses on power, going beyond the now-defunct AMG Performance pack by adding the connecting rods, pistons, and crankshaft from the SLS’s version of this engine and retunes the engine-management system.

as an owner please know something about the car.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:43 PM

C63 Edition 507
Nice, this I did not know and assumed- assumptions make me look like an ***- I know, but I still love this 507 compared to that P31 coupe I had...it just gets there quicker and sometimes keeps pushing with S+ (or M) mode at redline like it wants to jump over 8k RPM- trust me I watch it all the time with different octane mixes/tunes to ECU for what ever blend I'm running at the specific moment. Did similar with the old p31 package and it did not behave the same way on my old one. Remember, I did buy it CPO compared to brand new with the P61 that I did the run in process by the t with the i dotted and even engine braked it on the 405 late week day nights after the run in process (so I baby the **** out of it and broke it slowly, even though you/I didn't have to).

here is a car and driver article talking about the 2010 P31 cars:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ment-pack-test

and from the article:
The P31 package focuses on power, going beyond the now-defunct AMG Performance pack by adding the connecting rods, pistons, and crankshaft from the SLS’s version of this engine and retunes the engine-management system.

as an owner please know something about the car.

Last edited by Ronen; 06-02-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:47 PM

C63 Edition 507
I do it all the time...and understand. Though, you have to love the concept of building in the turbos (basically no piping to/from the turbos) that MB-AMG did to the new TTs...I don't think even M pulled this off yet with their latest line of TTs.

The aventador remark is just my bad bitter internet sarcasm coming through.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Can someone please make this guy ^ shut up

Ronen, you look like a fool the more you open your mouth. The 507 and P31 are EXACTLY the same except for the hood, brakes, wheels, and the sweet go-fast racing stripe down the side and various cosmetic stuff.

Whatever you "feel" about the 507 vs P31 is just not true. Proven false. Part #'s are exactly the same. Just be quiet and let the grown-ups who know what they're talking about speak.

Please go away with your carbon fiber crankshaft
Old 06-03-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
If you study the over all history of cars that become collector items.. Their a couple constants 1. Very low production limited in years and volume 2. unique or trend setting body style 3. Special options ex: special motors , 1 time motor run or other motor options and other options performance packages.. suspensions ,brakes, body work . And these are still not guaranties to it a "Collectible" or big price appreciation on vehicle . All these things are part of the equation. Biggest factor " SOMEBODY has to WANT this "car" period ... Oh and it has to be in near original condition body ,paint, interior ... Just my thoughts
Old 06-03-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badm
If you study the over all history of cars that become collector items.. Their a couple constants 1. Very low production limited in years and volume 2. unique or trend setting body style 3. Special options ex: special motors , 1 time motor run or other motor options and other options performance packages.. suspensions ,brakes, body work . And these are still not guaranties to it a "Collectible" or big price appreciation on vehicle . All these things are part of the equation. Biggest factor " SOMEBODY has to WANT this "car" period ... Oh and it has to be in near original condition body ,paint, interior ... Just my thoughts
thats pretty much what i mentioned. except the last part. for the muscle car era, some are barn finds and beyond driveable. restoration for those cars is a ncesssity, yet they r still very much collectible. to be collectible, it doesnt have to be a museum piece, just as u said, desired by a group of people
Old 06-03-2015, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Ronen's butt dyno was working overtime it seems
Old 06-03-2015, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Ronan is trying to convince us and himself that his 507 is somehow going to a " collector car." By way of illustration look at the last two ZR1 Corvettes from the late 80s/ early 90s and the most recent 4 years ago. Some of those cant be given away now and the new std. Vette is so superior (Z51) to the last gen ZO6 that those too are dropping like a rock. Even the new ZO6 ( C7) is driving their prices way down. It's has always been and shall always be that way. Ronen, word of advice: Sell that 507 in the next year or two because soon it'll be a glimmer in the headlights of automotive history. The W205 is the new sheriff in town. Better, faster, stronger.....like a new Superman.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Not sure yet that the W205 is all that:

1. Hideous Hyundai rear
2. Volvo Front
3. Stick on the side of wheel?
4. Cheap materials made to look expensive (just shut the door and listen)
5. Engine bay so tight, gonna be a nightmare to work on
6. Long time turbo efficiency results?
7. Heat soak?
8. Ipad slapped on front dash
10. Let's not carried away and observe quality and kinks over time reveal themselves

New is not always better....
Old 06-03-2015, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Sell that 507 in the next year or two because soon it'll be a glimmer in the headlights of automotive history. The W205 is the new sheriff in town. Better, faster, stronger.....like a new Superman.
Have you even seen the W205? FUGLY. Great heart, but flat ***, small **** and a butterface. New sheriff in town? You can have it. And just wait until all those heat related issues start cropping up and turbos start failing at $5K+ a pop. I'll take a 507 N/A any day for almost every reason.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by HBC350
Have you even seen the W205? FUGLY. Great heart, but flat ***, small **** and a butterface. New sheriff in town? You can have it. And just wait until all those heat related issues start cropping up and turbos start failing at $5K+ a pop. I'll take a 507 N/A any day for almost every reason.
Every new model change, regardless of manufacturer, the posts sounds the same haha.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
AMG has been building the turbo 5.5l for a number of years now. I'm sure they have cooling figured out. take a drive in a new(ish) performance package e63 the turbo 5.5l is an amazing engine.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by rage2
Every new model change, regardless of manufacturer, the posts sounds the same haha.
Often true, but I don't recall anyone saying those things about the W204. The W205's that I have seen look like giant marshmallows that I wouldn't be caught dead driving.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
You guys use turbo and heat against the w205? The w204 gets around a track 3 times before going into limp mode due to oil temp issues...6/7 years later too.

Just wait until you see one on the road, I bet many opinions change and even the haters mouths drop. The w205 is a beast. Yes, I do agree the styling of the w204 is a bit more raw than the 205. So go buy an m3/m4 until a new c63 drops or the coupe somehow redeems the softness of the 205.

Personal preferences gents, some like the design and others don't. One thing, however, that most of us will agree on is the fact it comes packing a serious punch, the exhaust STILL makes a very very appealing noise, and I'll be the fun factor is still in that car once you're behind the wheel.

-- Back on topic -- w204's will continue to go down in price as time goes on. The BS has the only chance at being the collectible version but even so the BS will go down in price quite a bit more (opinion) before it starts to go back up.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe
You guys use turbo and heat against the w205? The w204 gets around a track 3 times before going into limp mode due to oil temp issues...6/7 years later too.

Just wait until you see one on the road, I bet many opinions change and even the haters mouths drop. The w205 is a beast. Yes, I do agree the styling of the w204 is a bit more raw than the 205. So go buy an m3/m4 until a new c63 drops or the coupe somehow redeems the softness of the 205.

Personal preferences gents, some like the design and others don't. One thing, however, that most of us will agree on is the fact it comes packing a serious punch, the exhaust STILL makes a very very appealing noise, and I'll be the fun factor is still in that car once you're behind the wheel.

-- Back on topic -- w204's will continue to go down in price as time goes on. The BS has the only chance at being the collectible version but even so the BS will go down in price quite a bit more (opinion) before it starts to go back up.
It was like when people said they didn't like the facelift c63 because it wasn't aggressive enough.
I think the w205 looks great, and the only thing that bothers me is the damn tablet on the center.
The coupe should look 2x better since it's rumored to have wider rear fenders. It should be similar to the m4, at least I hope so.

I agree the c63 will not be a collectible, it's not exotic and limited enough to be a collectible.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Have you even seen the W205? FUGLY. Great heart, but flat ***, small **** and a butterface.
Best description I've seen of it.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by callmiro
The 507 is the end of the line parts dump, to help blow-out the last of the shells. I don't think it can be held in the same regard as a BS.

507's are readily available and the equivalent of a P30 package, just different options at a different point in the lifecycle

Just sayin....
There is no such thing. Every manufacturer uses just in time production. There isn't a stockpile of anything.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Are we talking about cars or your significant other? The W205, save for the ipad is a great looking car. But, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Older is not always better and seeing that you have a 507 I commend you for a great choice. Make no illusions about it, the 507 and 204 C63 will drop like a rock like all it's predecessors have. Even the BS are not fetching near their original purchase prices. It's just the way it is. There's no exclusivity and too many cars being built. That's what drives markets, not personal belief that you or I have something special.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:49 PM

W115
Having read all these treads I feel like theres an unpredictable future for c63. In any case lets say it would hit desirability due to the engine being one of last naturally aspirated of its sort. Would you think the sedan would win over coupe? Or other way round? Keeping in mind that trends of classics is usually inclined towards coupe's or convertibles...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 as a Collector Car?