Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Just gonna leave this post here: Rick helped me out more than anyone. Hes the backbone to this shop but sadly he doesnt live in the area and has to deal with everything from a distance. Legal matters would of been taken, but out of respect for Rick and everything hes done and tried to do for me i tried to keep my mouth as long as possible till Paul pushed me once more. Rick actually paid me a significant amount back out of his own pocket which he never had to do in the first place because Paul was at fault, but he did it because of his kind nature. So I'd like to remind everyone that Rick is doing the best he can and i sympathize greatly for him. Hard doing business with someone like Paul so i feel for him. You can post what you would like buddy! But this is a Paul issue, Rick and Jerry have gone above and beyond for me and trust me what Rick gave me back wasnt penny change.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-30-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
This is just harious. It is karma at its finest. This is the same clown that couldn't pay for his turbo build here in Columbus and tried to come pick his car up without paying the $4000 for the work that was done. Then the Sheriffs Office had to come and basically tell him to head back to Va till he had the funds to pay for it. The same guy that tried to make it look like IPS Motorsports was screwing him. To all of you that PMd me about the IPS situation.......you now see what I am talking about. To think this guy is actually trying, and I use the word "trying" loosely, to make a turbo kit for the E55! If EC knew what was good, they would pull their name off that shop as fast as possible! Nothing good can come out of it and I would be surprised if Jerry and Jake hang in much longer. The sad thing is that his business partner is a good guy, shows to be very careful who you go into business with. Especially when you live in Ohio and your business and your partner are in DC. The thread was coming since the day he opened. Actually since the day he decided to try and smear IPS when the facts were facts, the turbo kit was done but Paul couldn't pay for it! Well that turbo kit is actually being installed by a great shop on a E55 as we all type. Stand by!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Honestly, Rick helped me out more than anyone. Hes the backbone to this shop but sadly he doesnt live in the area and has to deal with everything from a distance. Legal matters would of been taken, but out of respect for Rick and everything hes done and tried to do for me, i cant agree about your comments against him. Rick actually paid me a significant amount back out of his own pocket which he never had to do in the first place because Paul was at fault, but he did it because of his kind nature. So I'd like to remind everyone that Rick is doing the best he can and i sympathize greatly for him. Hard doing business with someone like Paul so i feel for him. You can post what you would like buddy! But this is a Paul issue, Rick and Jerry have gone above and beyond for me and trust me what Rick gave me back wasnt penny change.
Nahhhhh, it's a EC problem now. Better believe if I bought a McDonalds and started smearing ***** on all the hamburgers and the public went crazy....McDonalds would pull all deliveries and cut bait this causing me to shut down. If the tyrant owns the shop and you sponsor it, it's still your good name getting ruined. That's business. Time for EC to cut bait and for Rick to open a EC here in Cbus where he lives and can run it properly without this crap happening.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Wow, I guess it was a matter of time. There were so many pissed off folks at the open house, I remember people cursing and overall in a pissed off mood.

I must say this, though, I don't agree about Rick. Rick was always helpful and tried to organize and do well for everyone. It's unfortunate his name is being dragged into this.

Hope things worked out for you, OP. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Wow, I guess it was a matter of time. There were so many pissed off folks at the open house, I remember people cursing and overall in a pissed off mood.

I must say this, though, I don't agree about Rick. Rick was always helpful and tried to organize and do well for everyone. It's unfortunate his name is being dragged into this.

Hope things worked out for you, OP. Sorry to hear about your situation.
I think most people agree that Rick is a good dude......problem is, if you go into business with Charles Manson.....well.. You gotta cut bait when you find out he's a serial killer of Mercedes Benzes or sink with the ship. Me.....I pulling the dingy out and heading to shore with my good name. I have never met Rick but Stass at IPS says he's a good guy so I will believe that until I see otherwise.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by emoving
I think most people agree that Rick is a good dude......problem is, if you go into business with Charles Manson.....well.. You gotta cut bait when you find out he's a serial killer of Mercedes Benzes or sink with the ship. Me.....I pulling the dingy out and heading to shore with my good name. I have never met Rick but Stass at IPS says he's a good guy so I will believe that until I see otherwise.
I mistakingly said his name when I was just referring to Paul and someone else that worked there, one of the techs. I edited my initial post to reflect this as I did not mean Rick.Rick IS a good guy. I have met him, personally, and spoke to him. He is not involved in any of this and like I told him, he actually kept it all together when people were getting pissy and wanting to leave without getting tunes or anything done that day.
His name should definitely be left out of this.

MaroonC63- please edit your post where you quoted my initial post that had Rick's name in it, I did not mean to say his name. thank you.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Can we get an Eurocharged version of the facts or this isn't going anywhere? I personally believe Maroon.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Man am I glad I came across this thread...I had been interested in checking EC's DC location for a while since I travel there often for work. I won't be going anywhere near them now.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by emoving
This is just harious. It is karma at its finest. This is the same clown that couldn't pay for his turbo build here in Columbus and tried to come pick his car up without paying the $4000 for the work that was done. Then the Sheriffs Office had to come and basically tell him to head back to Va till he had the funds to pay for it. The same guy that tried to make it look like IPS Motorsports was screwing him. To all of you that PMd me about the IPS situation.......you now see what I am talking about. To think this guy is actually trying, and I use the word "trying" loosely, to make a turbo kit for the E55! If EC knew what was good, they would pull their name off that shop as fast as possible! Nothing good can come out of it and I would be surprised if Jerry and Jake hang in much longer. The sad thing is that his business partner is a good guy, shows to be very careful who you go into business with. Especially when you live in Ohio and your business and your partner are in DC. The thread was coming since the day he opened. Actually since the day he decided to try and smear IPS when the facts were facts, the turbo kit was done but Paul couldn't pay for it! Well that turbo kit is actually being installed by a great shop on a E55 as we all type. Stand by!
I've heard about this issue he had! LOL the nerve
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
I mistakingly said his name when I was just referring to Paul and someone else that worked there, one of the techs. I edited my initial post to reflect this as I did not mean Rick.Rick IS a good guy. I have met him, personally, and spoke to him. He is not involved in any of this and like I told him, he actually kept it all together when people were getting pissy and wanting to leave without getting tunes or anything done that day.
His name should definitely be left out of this.

MaroonC63- please edit your post where you quoted my initial post that had Rick's name in it, I did not mean to say his name. thank you.
Removed it, kept the part out of rick just because another +1 for him. Hope he gets this sorted out in his favor.

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Can we get an Eurocharged version of the facts or this isn't going anywhere? I personally believe Maroon.
I don't think they'll reply as this isn't a isolated case. Paul's wife is the brains behind the emails, thats why it's so convincing talking to them untill you're left with an empty pocket and a car that needs repair.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63

Last edited by ELITE_KOV; 03-30-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Hey KOV, crossed a line dude. You can comment on poor quality craftsmanship all day long - and as long as it's true most will back you up. Attacking someone's family - and the manner in which you did it is unacceptable. I don't know how old you are, and I suspect you don't have a woman in your life - because if you did you would realize how f*cked up your comment was.

Keep it to cars please.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by FFXF1
Hey KOV, crossed a line dude. You can comment on poor quality craftsmanship all day long - and as long as it's true most will back you up. Attacking someone's family - and the manner in which you did it is unacceptable. I don't know how old you are, and I suspect you don't have a woman in your life - because if you did you would realize how f*cked up your comment was.

Keep it to cars please.
+1. The reason i mentioned Paul's wife was working the emails wasnt an insult but because someone mentioned and asked if euro dc was contacted in person or by email, because you get two extremely different experiences. Email replies are extremely professional.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by FFXF1

Keep it to cars please.
+1. Should leave family out of it.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Which i came to realize the mercedes SOS system stinks lol.
i remember i had a friend in the car and he pushed the red button by accident, iirc the music turned off, gps turned off, etc and we pulled over.. for at least like 45 minutes we couldn't figure it out. i was on the phone with customer service and we had already gone through the manual.. and we hear a voice come on through the car's speakers.. really? 45 minutes?? i could've been dead
Old 03-30-2014, 03:20 PM

Gonna leave this here to shed some light. Looks like Paul still has people trying to get me to keep quiet without offering to fix anything he did, typical.

Originally Posted by djrabbi
So I read that C63 post first before posting and honestly that OP is a child. He is a 19 year old kid thinks money can buy the world, sorry this isn't Qatar. Paul's specialty isn't wrapping cars so you should not have asked to wrap your car! I don't agree with all was said especially to the OP of this thread who brought Paul's wife into it for no reason. People have issues with shops all the time honestly and yes people should be warned to a certain extent. I personally been to the shop and got work to my POS AMG. I have had no problems whatsoever, besides my break sensor keeps breaking but that's cause of my stupidity. I personally have pics of the C63 being wrapped as my car was being worked on that day. I honestly saw the car being wrapped and simply fell in LOVE with the color and the workmanship Paul put behind it. Word around Georgetown (DC) is the C63 was slammed to the ground and hit a nasty pothole, which is why his clamps fell off. A 5 year old can tell if a clamp is loose before he drives off the shop floor. I feel bad for all the people to had bad experiences, but there have been MANY good ones in return.

Remember, for 1 bad review, spreads to 1000 people. For every good review, only gets to 10 people.
Okay so someone has a personal problem with me eh? Theres no way you knew where i was from without paul telling you LOL. So, lets correct a few things 21* year old making his own money spending it on the car he bought HIMSELF, for starters. Two, my car was not on kw before the header incident and it failed on 66, greatly maintained road for your information so no pothole was hit, it happened on a downshift from fifth to fourth gear. three i have an email clearly stating he can professionaly wrap cars and hes done it before, come to find out its the first car hes ever wrapped. I stated Paul's wife was the genius behind the emails, because they were very professional unlike Paul's, she knows her stuff and shows it, thats a compliment if anything and thats how they got me. If i went through the hassle of posting texts and emails, you'd tuck your tail between your legs because no one has ever been as courteous or as nice as i have to Paul i gave him all the time in the world and got him coffee and food and after 16 days of my car being in the same exact state, after my father went in himself to see what was taking so long, i received it with Knicks and cuts and a mediocre wrap job that cost 3000$. I stated firmly to him i found other cheaper places but i wanted to get what i paid for. I skimmed over the wrap experience, but headers? Two days to install headers? Giving it back to me claiming it was tuned and letting me drive a couple hundred+ miles not knowing because i had faith in him? Sorry buddy, but you can sit down, because my bad review brought out a ton of people who have had bad experiences and held their tongue, the guys who's differentials are failing, a guy whos car got given back with 3k miles that Paul personally put on the car himself, or how about how Paul offered me ANOTHER customers car to take home because he didnt finish my car after countless promises of "itll be done today" and me driving out an hour only to go back home empty handed after finding countless rides. Youre probably the same kid Paul told to call me and beg me to not ask for my money back. So far ive only heard you and maybe two members having an "okay" experience. Doesnt take a genius to service a car buddy, a lot of people had actual intensive work done to their cars and were left with a big fat bill of repairs. Get your facts straight.
Here you go.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-30-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
I was thinking about using these guys, went as far as getting a quote
no more
thanks
Old 03-30-2014, 04:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
Wow, terrible to hear of this kind of work associated with the EC name. I really hope Jerry gets rid of this franchise owner. My experiences with the Houston HQ location are the absolute best. First class operation. I just went back and had my Cayenne S tuned. As a repeat customer they took good care of me for sure. Eurocharged is a quality name brand and product I certainly hope this is loser gets dumped by them soon.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JRSJR65
Wow, terrible to hear of this kind of work associated with the EC name. I really hope Jerry gets rid of this franchise owner. My experiences with the Houston HQ location are the absolute best. First class operation. I just went back and had my Cayenne S tuned. As a repeat customer they took good care of me for sure. Eurocharged is a quality name brand and product I certainly hope this is loser gets dumped by them soon.
Havn't heard anything but high praise from the houston location, that location does insane good work! We honestly all thought that's how this shop in DC was going to be, so it boomed when it first opened
Old 03-30-2014, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Have you checked out ACM? I visited their shop for a friend that supercharged his m3, seems like they can definitely do work on MBS too.

When safety becomes an issue because of a shops work, "ok" doesnt cut it after that! Honestly, you can hit up RRT, expensive but you get what you pay for and more! Cant wait to see the beast finished up bro!

Half owner i believe, they have two other mechanics that works there, one i know personally, knowledgeable but to be honest wouldnt trust him with my car lol the other is allergic to staying past 5 lol hes out the door by then no matter what. Paul is NO mechanic, but he does a lot of the work lol and still takes centuries for simple jobs with all the shortcuts he takes.

Honestly, i was never going to say anything, but i heard some stories that pretty much made my heart break, and no one wanted to speak up because these guys took Paul out invited him to their houses etc and he messed up their cars. God knows what he'll do to peoples cars that he doesnt know, so it was time to speak up.
And you are looking out for your fellow enthusiasts!! That's why these are called -- and at should be treated --- as communities.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Gonna leave this here to shed some light. Looks like Paul still has people trying to get me to keep quiet without offering to fix anything he did, typical.

Here you go.

Shops will always have one or two happy campers defending them to no end.

Hell, even Bruce @ TTM had nutswingers even after he was known to defraud/screw over half the f-king AMG/MB community...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
Honesty I can't agree with this post, I've had my LSD, custom 3 inch exhaust, intakes, and service work done on my E, S, and SL as well as my 2 other Lexus (IS and LX) I have brought there. Sure every shop is going to have some unhappy customers, but they have done a great job on the car's I have and when ever there is a problem, Paul will check everything to make sure things are okay. And if there is something that isnt fixed he will take extra time into the weekend to fix them without changing me extra.

He has even worked weekends and dropped my cars off on his time when I'm busy to my home. Other fourm members like Black Benz used the shop for that custom dyno tuning which ran the low 10 or djrabbi who gets his service done their sell alot of stuff on the forum which is known as a reputable seller and I'm sure he can vouch too.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by V12TTenthusiast
Honesty I can't agree with this post, I've had my LSD, custom 3 inch exhaust, intakes, and service work done on my E, S, and SL as well as my 2 other Lexus (IS and LX) I have brought there. Sure every shop is going to have some unhappy customers, but they have done a great job on the car's I have and when ever there is a problem, Paul will check everything to make sure things are okay. And if there is something that isnt fixed he will take extra time into the weekend to fix them without changing me extra.

He has even worked weekends and dropped my cars off on his time when I'm busy to my home. Other fourm members like Black Benz used the shop for that custom dyno tuning which ran the low 10 or djrabbi who gets his service done their sell alot of stuff on the forum which is known as a reputable seller and I'm sure he can vouch too.
Im really glad for the good experience you had with Paul, i wish it was the same for me and everyone else too but it is what it is. Blackbenz hasnt posted and im not sure if he will, but hes not happy i can guarantee you that brother. Lets call Dj out on this one since you claim he's reputable, cant really deny accusations when they've been proven now huh dj? how many parts of members have you kept and sold dj? How many peoples parts has "Paul" kept?
Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
I'm just saying if you did have a bad experience, but they decided to pay you for damages that should be the end of it, there's no reason to keep ranting, were all adults here. When a company pays up that should be the end of it and you should just move on to another shop.

I can understand if they didn't pay up for whatever reason, then I'd be pretty pissed too but that's not the case.

If they didn't pay you then yeah I'd rant all day long, but dude you got paid and your still complaining about him and you brought his family into this seriously wtf?!?!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by V12TTenthusiast
I'm just saying if you did have a bad experience, but they decided to pay you for damages that should be the end of it, there's no reason to keep ranting, were all adults here. When a company pays up that should be the end of it and you should just move on to another shop.

I can understand if they didn't pay up for whatever reason, then I'd be pretty pissed too but that's not the case.

If they didn't pay you then yeah I'd rant all day long, but dude you got paid and your still complaining about him and you brought his family into this seriously wtf?!?!
And wtf is wrong with you? Didn't you read the part where he said Paul sold his OEM headers? Didn't you see the part where he said that the header install was bad and that he was still waiting for a refund? Didn't you see the part where he said that he had to pay to have his wrap removed and redone somewhere else? Do you need glasses?

It's because people like you that come defend shady vendors that people end up getting screwed (like I got screwed by Brue @ TTM). Shut it up.

Last edited by Guilty; 03-30-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:55 PM

C63 ///AMG P30
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
And wtf is wrong with you? Didn't you read the part where he said he sold his OEM headers? Didn't you see the part where he said that the header install was bad and that he was still waiting for a refund? Didn't you see the part where he said that he had to pay to has his wrap removed and redone somewhere else? Do you need glasses? It's because people like you that come defend shady vendors that people end up getting screwed (like I got screwed by Brue @ TTM). Shut it up.
Haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC