C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Any handgun owners here?

Old 04-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Any handgun owners here?

If so, how do you carry in your car? I have been carrying my Sig in the door pocket but if I was to ever need it in a hurry, it would be quite cumbersome.

I have been looking at some that do not require drilling or permanent mount and came across www.gumcreekcustoms.com today. I went ahead and ordered it. If anyone is interested I will post pics when it comes in.

LOL..No I do not live in a high crime area and no I am not paranoid but I do believe in being prepared

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 04-10-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 P31 black/black
pic

Pic would be great.

Amen to being prepared. I live in the great state of Georgia where the 2nd amendment is still alive and well.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Do you conceal carry or plan on leaving it in the car?

I'd worry about my car being broken into if I kept a gun in it at all times.

As for solutions, this gets my vote.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by unruin

That's when you get a 6x6 g wagon and mount that on it.

Just a guess but it's likely a spot to place the firearm while driving for quick access rather than permanently there....too often cars are broken Into and pistols stolen
Old 04-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,319 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Not ready to carry it in the car yet ... Illinois ... We just got c&c... I haven't taken the two day course yet

Springfield xdm-9
Old 04-07-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I never quite understand why one needs to carry a gun. I would suggest not keeping the gun in the car and risk it falling into wrong hands.
Be prepared for what?
Old 04-07-2015, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by Sidv22
I never quite understand why one needs to carry a gun. I would suggest not keeping the gun in the car and risk it falling into wrong hands.
Be prepared for what?
Car jacking and I've known people robbed at the drive through ATMs
Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Take a look at this video. Its standup comedy but he lays down good points.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/24/8283199...medy-jefferies

Originally Posted by rentzington
Car jacking and I've known people robbed at the drive through ATMs
Wouldnt there be more risk if guns are involved?. But I agree,gun control has to be uniform and if it is exercised, no one will need to carry any arms
Old 04-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
I keep a pistol in a pocket style holster right near the front right corner of the drivers seat on the floor tucked between the edge of the weather tech mat and carpet. The pocket holster provides enough friction against the carpet to allow the pistol to be drawn.
Then when existing the vehicle the pistol while in the pocket holster goes into a coat or pants pocket.

There is nowhere I've found that is perfect to locate a firearm in this car. My truck has perfect spacing between the driver and center seat.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Wouldnt there be more risk if guns are involved?. But I agree,gun control has to be uniform and if it is exercised, no one will need to carry any arms
Too late, criminals have guns, and if you're looking down the barrel of a criminal's weapon I'd bet you'd wish you had one too.

Is the center console too small? Maybe consider a more compact pistol
Old 04-07-2015, 07:07 PM
g-f

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
996TT
I carry mine in a locked black case, with a trigger lock, inside the trunk. The ammunition is in another locked case also in the trunk.

Of course, in Canada, that's the only legal way to carry a gun and that's exclusively for going to the range and back. Not forgetting the transportation permit, the PAL, law 9 permit, shooting range membership card and gun registration papers. Everything else will get you in serious trouble. You guys have it easy with your 2nd amendment.

I know I'm of no use here, but felt like being a smart *** tonight.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by unruin

Conceal carry

Be prepared for what?
Zombie Apocalypse of course. jeez

Seriously, I have been approached to many times from in drive thrus at ATM's and fast food restaurants from people wanting money. Generally bums but all it takes is one person who is pissed at the world and wants to take it to the next level

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Too late, criminals have guns, and if you're looking down the barrel of a criminal's weapon I'd bet you'd wish you had one too.
AMEN

Is the center console too small? Maybe consider a more compact pistol
Right now I have the Sig P320C. It will fit in the console but I would prefer to have something readily available then fumbling around with the console in a time of need. But yeah, I do plan on picking up a smaller framed SA or Glock this year

Originally Posted by g-f
I carry mine in a locked black case, with a trigger lock, inside the trunk. The ammunition is in another locked case also in the trunk.

Of course, in Canada, that's the only legal way to carry a gun and that's exclusively for going to the range and back. Not forgetting the transportation permit, the PAL, law 9 permit, shooting range membership card and gun registration papers. Everything else will get you in serious trouble. You guys have it easy with your 2nd amendment.

Glad I don't live in Canada But hey at least you can own a gun unlike our friends in some European countries
Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 PM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by g-f

Holy Crap ! I guess if they make it enough of a pain no one will want one.
I can't imagine going through all of that.

I've been into firearms, cars and motorcycles for many years.
In my neighborhood, if you can call it that, most every landowner has their own personnel range. I can get out to 450 yds on mine and have two motorized wireless trap throwers to practice clays.
3-4 days each week there is someone shooting and over then next hill someone is often firing full auto.

Then again, my county is the 4th heaviest armed in the US.

God Bless !!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
everyone should carry, knowing that no criminals will do anything stupid & you and I know that they can get and carry illegally, whether they have strict gun laws in their state or not, but this subject is very controversial.

I tried to be a vendor on MBWORLD, and the answer I've got was no, which I respect, and on a earlier posts one of the Canadian residents give me S..., which I respect...but to answer FNX Tactical (15+1) for me, goes everywhere I go...

Last edited by DATURK; 04-07-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 PM

2011 C63 AMG, 2004 ML 350, 2008 Z06, 2002 cl 500 vortech supercharged-sold, 1998 355 ferrari-sold.
Just keep it in the glove box. H&K USP .45 Tactical-fits perfect with the silencer not installed
Old 04-07-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
A shield or Glock 26 fits in the center console. I usually keep it there or in the door when driving for easy access. I lock it in the glove box when going into places where I can't carry. Otherwise, its on my person.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Take a look at this video. Its standup comedy but he lays down good points.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/24/8283199...medy-jefferies

You're living in a fantasy.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Be prepared for what?
Sig 226/229, FN FNX Tactical, FN Five Seven,etc.

To protect myself, my family, my property via the Second Ammendment. God Bless the USA.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
OP -- heres another thought I had... What state do you live in? I'm thinking about that device you've purchased and decided it would be a terrible idea, and here's why.

Say you get pulled over. Are you going to remove the weapon and put it somewhere else? Not trying to hide it from the cop, but just moving it from such easy access. Or, would you just leave it put and roll the dice? I say roll the dice because police are quite edgy these days and with a gun in such an easy place to access as well as visible it wouldn't take much for the cop to say "well he was reaching." On the other hand, when they see you fumbling around they are going to be extremely cautious approaching your window and god forbid you didn't get it away in time you're sitting there fumbling with a pistol.

For me, I'd leave it in the glove box, center console, or physically on me. If it was on me and the officer came to my window I'd let him know I had a loaded weapon on my hip while my hands were on the wheel. I'd let him make the next move but generally he should say something like "you leave yours there and I'll leave mine on my hip." If I had it in the glove box or center console I'd just make sure my registration was elsewhere but still notify the officer.

Some people around me insist that as long as the weapon is somewhere the cop has no reason to go then it won't be an issue.

Last edited by CarHopper; 04-07-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by ollie02cl
Just keep it in the glove box. H&K USP .45 Tactical-fits perfect with the silencer not installed
So true about the suppressor.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 PM

2011 C63 AMG, 2004 ML 350, 2008 Z06, 2002 cl 500 vortech supercharged-sold, 1998 355 ferrari-sold.
OP -- heres another thought I had... What state do you live in? I'm thinking about that device you've purchased and decided it would be a terrible idea, and here's why.

Say you get pulled over. Are you going to remove the weapon and put it somewhere else? Not trying to hide it from the cop, but just moving it from such easy access. Or, would you just leave it put and roll the dice? I say roll the dice because police are quite edgy these days and with a gun in such an easy place to access as well as visible it wouldn't take much for the cop to say "well he was reaching." On the other hand, when they see you fumbling around they are going to be extremely cautious approaching your window and god forbid you didn't get it away in time you're sitting there fumbling with a pistol.

For me, I'd leave it in the glove box, center console, or physically on me. If it was on me and the officer came to my window I'd let him know I had a loaded weapon on my hip while my hands were on the wheel. I'd let him make the next move but generally he should say something like "you leave yours there and I'll leave mine on my hip." If I had it in the glove box or center console I'd just make sure my registration was elsewhere but still notify the officer.

Some people around me insist that as long as the weapon is somewhere the cop has no reason to go then it won't be an issue.
Agreed^^^ Plus if you are pulled over you would be able to quote first that there is a handgun in the vehicle along with its location and that you have cc license. This would definitely look more responsible to eyes of the officer pulling you over for speeding or excessive noise from your c63's exhaust! I know I'm basically repeating what PurpleHeartAMG is saying, but stress that it would be much better if your handgun is not visible.

Last edited by ollie02cl; 04-07-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:20 PM

2012 C300
Normally I carry every day and have my gun strapped to my side or pocket carry. Rarely do I leave it in the car. On those occasions, it goes in the glove box. Those that don't wish to carry, that's their right. I have no problem with that. Some are the sheep some are the sheepdog. And then you have the wolves.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:31 PM

Alabama

I have thought about this as well since I received my first traffic violation in many years a couple of months ago.

And the answer is... I don't know. Depends on how visible it is. My thoughts are if the officer approaches from the driver side, he will not see it and no harm no foul. Regardless my thoughts are keep hands visible on top of the steering wheel in his vision and provide my cc permit if asked.

My view on keeping in the console or glove box as some have mentioned is that you might as well not even have one on you because that is easily 10 seconds lost in a potential self defense situation fumbling around or reaching for your weapon.

But that is only my opinion. Hopefully none of us will ever be in such situation

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 04-07-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
Alabama

I have thought about this as well since I received my first traffic violation in many years a couple of months ago.

And the answer is... I don't know. Depends on how visible it is. My thoughts are if the officer approaches from the driver side, he will not see it and no harm no foul. Regardless my thoughts are keep hands visible on top of the steering wheel in his vision and provide my cc permit if asked.

My view on keeping in the console or glove box as some have mentioned is that you might as well not even have one on you because that is easily 10 seconds lost in a potential self defense situation fumbling around or reaching for your weapon.

But that is only my opinion. Hopefully none of us will ever be in such situation
Still a tough call. I mean having your hands on the wheel is one thing, but man you are trusting the cop with your life there. If it isn't visible at all then there is never a reason for him to be on edge.

If I were you I'd set it up and then stand by your car as though you're a cop leaning in. See how well you can, or cannot, see it. At the same time, I'd also practice accessing it from the center console and glove box. Obviously it won't be as fast, but practicing will definitely take the fumbling around out of the equation.

You could also practice moving the weapon from under the wheel to the center console while at speed as though you are being pulled over. I wouldn't go for the glove box because from behind he'll just wonder what you're reaching for.

Any way you slice it, it's best to practice for what may come up.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:29 PM

Yeah I agree and plan to. If nothing else I could flip it under the seat easily.

Of course, if any future traffic stops go like the last one, it will be under the seat and my license in my hand before he gets turned around.

Lol, in January I had already pulled over and had insurance card and license out before the state trooper got out of the median

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any handgun owners here?