Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic >

New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic

 
Old 04-12-2016, 06:33 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,991
Liked 209 Times in 177 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2003 1500 HD Silverado;2015 GLA 250 (wife's)
Nice Kris, Now I know what your exhaust change is. Didn't see this post earlier. Looking forward to your results.
Mort is offline  
Old 04-12-2016, 06:49 PM
  #27  
Member
 
c63Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
Kriston, would you mind throwing up some videos maybe on the dyno when you've installed the exhaust. I'm very interested in the sound and volume of Akra with headers. Thanks, and good luck on your quest
c63Jimbo is offline  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:00 PM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dchl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 2,129
Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
congratz on the new toy. sadly Im guessing your current exhaust prob sounds better. taking out the cat will for sure give you gain but the down side is smell and super loud.


im sure you will get that 500whp soon, please don't get the pulley .... something is gona go boom and the power aint worth it.
dchl21 is offline  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:31 PM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Jasonoff is offline  
Old 04-12-2016, 10:19 PM
  #30  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
i also heard big problems with the pulley think you should stay away from that

Kriston you should spray one of the guys was selling there kit here last week
$$$1000
mr747 is offline  
Old 04-12-2016, 11:38 PM
  #31  
Member
 
c63Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
thanks for the vids jason.

I'm still trying to find videos/examples with headers, cats, and akra slip on. I dont want any fuel smell. As much I love(ed) those days in college with an offroad h-pipe and no cats into flowmasters on a 5.0 mustang, the girls had a different opinion.

Kris do you have videos of your old setup. it sounds like you were also trying to not get obnoxiously loud when adding the headers, which is what i'm trying to do.

also if someone can bounce off some russian satellites or something to get that that second youtube video above working within the states, that would be awesome, but currently says I can't watch in 'murica.

Last edited by c63Jimbo; 04-12-2016 at 11:42 PM.
c63Jimbo is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:10 AM
  #32  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
I will for sure try to bring my camera.

It's really hard to judge a sound through speakers.

Originally Posted by c63Jimbo View Post
Kriston, would you mind throwing up some videos maybe on the dyno when you've installed the exhaust. I'm very interested in the sound and volume of Akra with headers. Thanks, and good luck on your quest
Kriston is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:24 AM
  #33  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
Straight up agree with you, the pulley ain't worth it to me either. It's kinda sketchy. I like our motors NA. Can't beat overall reliability (if maintained) and they are nice and linear.

Remember the Akra has built in resonators, that's why I have been considering removing the high flows. I was also using the high flows because they act like a resonator as well. I'm afraid of the gas smell too. I'm keeping the high flows just in case. Will swap it back in if its bad. I'm hoping the resonantors in the Akra will help tone down the rasp of the LTH.



Originally Posted by dchl21 View Post
congratz on the new toy. sadly Im guessing your current exhaust prob sounds better. taking out the cat will for sure give you gain but the down side is smell and super loud.


im sure you will get that 500whp soon, please don't get the pulley .... something is gona go boom and the power aint worth it.
Kriston is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:30 AM
  #34  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
Bro, for sure won't be getting the pulleys. Its not worth it.

Spray is cheating! In all seriousness I think you're a man who can appreciate how much a small change can affect the overall characteristics of a car. if it nets me anywhere near the tq it states (I'm making 407 lb ft with the current setup) I'd be happy.

Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
i also heard big problems with the pulley think you should stay away from that

Kriston you should spray one of the guys was selling there kit here last week
$$$1000
Kriston is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:46 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 361
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3
Slap a blower on the car n call it a day,ur burning money brother just my 2 cents good luck with ur car
gzim335 is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:54 AM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
oggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 347
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Subscribed

Last edited by oggie; 04-13-2016 at 01:58 AM.
oggie is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:55 AM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
oggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 347
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Nice to be able to hear it in person soon. :-)
oggie is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:24 AM
  #38  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diabolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,676
Liked 239 Times in 169 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928 GT, C5 Z06 track rat
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
I'm not chasing numbers only here gents. Weight reduction and overall driving dynamics are very important to me. As I said before at this stage in my build, extracting any more power will be difficult.
...
Kris... if you want weight reduction and driving dynamics on a C63 and you don't mind molesting it, the second thing I'd look at (after going with lighter wheels and rotors first) is getting rid of the glass roof and replacing it with CF. I recall reading somewhere that Tobias Moers himself wanted to scrap the glass roof on the coupe. All that extra weight up there is not doing the car any favours in the handling department. Just food for thought.
Diabolis is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 09:45 AM
  #39  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
It's an option, but who makes a carbon roof panel replacement?

Originally Posted by Diabolis View Post
Kris... if you want weight reduction and driving dynamics on a C63 and you don't mind molesting it, the second thing I'd look at (after going with lighter wheels and rotors first) is getting rid of the glass roof and replacing it with CF. I recall reading somewhere that Tobias Moers himself wanted to scrap the glass roof on the coupe. All that extra weight up there is not doing the car any favours in the handling department. Just food for thought.
Kriston is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 09:54 AM
  #40  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,884
Liked 1,249 Times in 839 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 12:04 PM
  #41  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
Can you still get that roof?

I have never really thought about ditching the moon roof. I do enjoy it though.

Wonder how much the roof will cost?


Kriston is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM
  #42  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Can you still get that roof?

I have never really thought about ditching the moon roof. I do enjoy it though.

Wonder how much the roof will cost?
Some info on this thread - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-roof-c63.html it talks about a m3 that had similar done as well, post #9.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
C63
You will not hit 500 n/a on pump gas... The gain you might get from
The akra might be from
Deleting the cats. Smell is not a issue with no cats. Just on WOT. Decking and shaving the heads is great... If your going to put a blower and on or spray a big shot. The stock AMG heads on the m156 flow tremendously. Secondly, the engine has to come out of the car to get the heads off. Spray isn't cheating. It's respective power adder trim. You can say longtubes are cheating since your removing restrictions... If you wanna stay N/A. Throw 100 shot and call it a day. Easy 600 whp all day.
Petakii63 is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 PM
  #44  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Petakii63 View Post
If you wanna stay N/A. Throw 100 shot and call it a day. Easy 600 whp all day.
Makes a lot of sense.

N20 is def not N/A lol

OP I'm sure you'll reach your goal with the right combination of parts.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:12 PM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. View Post
Makes a lot of sense.

N20 is def not N/A lol

OP I'm sure you'll reach your goal with the right combination of parts.

Well since you'd like to get into it. It's a combustion enhancer. No air is forced in through a vacuum I.E. Supercharger. A naturally aspirated car with N2O on it is still naturally aspirated, plain and simple. If there are only two catagories, forced induction and NA, a nitrous car will be NA 100% of the time. Nitrous doesnt FORCE anything into your motor. Most kits point the nozzle toward the throttle body because that just makes since but if you just fogged N20 into the air plenum it would be sucked into the motor under vacuum when the car was running and escape into the atmosphere when the car was not running. NA plain and simple. Plus, he has the option to switch it on and off.
Petakii63 is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 PM
  #46  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Petakii63 View Post
Well since you'd like to get into it. It's a combustion enhancer. No air is forced in through a vacuum I.E. Supercharger. A naturally aspirated car with N2O on it is still naturally aspirated, plain and simple. If there are only two catagories, forced induction and NA, a nitrous car will be NA 100% of the time. Nitrous doesnt FORCE anything into your motor. Most kits point the nozzle toward the throttle body because that just makes since but if you just fogged N20 into the air plenum it would be sucked into the motor under vacuum when the car was running and escape into the atmosphere when the car was not running. NA plain and simple. Plus, he has the option to switch it on and off.
I am not arguing the fact that N2O is not Force Induction I am simply stating it's not NA.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 06:41 PM
  #47  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dchl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 2,129
Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
got nos in ur 63? lol




sounds gay
dchl21 is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 07:53 PM
  #48  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Petakii63 View Post
Well since you'd like to get into it. It's a combustion enhancer. No air is forced in through a vacuum I.E. Supercharger. A naturally aspirated car with N2O on it is still naturally aspirated, plain and simple. If there are only two catagories, forced induction and NA, a nitrous car will be NA 100% of the time. Nitrous doesnt FORCE anything into your motor. Most kits point the nozzle toward the throttle body because that just makes since but if you just fogged N20 into the air plenum it would be sucked into the motor under vacuum when the car was running and escape into the atmosphere when the car was not running. NA plain and simple. Plus, he has the option to switch it on and off.
If i had a tuner here in AUS who knew what they were doing with NOS i would be all over it

Nothing like a 50 shot to get me off the line
mr747 is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 09:05 PM
  #49  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Kriston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,936
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG
I'm trying to do it without NO2. I'm not doing the build all in one shot. It's a step by step process for me. After the Akra is in and the new setup is dyno'd we will move onto the next step.

It's good learning experience for me to see what each mod will bring to the table. I'm as curious as all of you. I may dyno with the Akra and the high flows just to see if it makes any more
Power then the eisenmann. After I will
Switch out to the catted mid pipes and see what gains can be had.
Kriston is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:52 AM
  #50  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 606
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
W204 C63
Catless should yield my guess would be 5~WHP on the low end, upwards to 10WHP. Cats are quite restrictive.
Phil Chow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: