Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
New amg owner - supercharger questions >

New amg owner - supercharger questions

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New amg owner - supercharger questions

 
Old 12-18-2018, 07:37 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Sedan
New amg owner - supercharger questions



hey guys just picked up a 2013 C63 Sedan and was in the market for supercharger and headers before i purchase new.

if i do decide to go new what would be my best option Weistec stage 2, or the Magnuson Hammer?

thank you,

Last edited by C63sam; 12-18-2018 at 08:05 PM.
C63sam is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 10:06 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 946
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Congrats on the car. Go with ess. I heard magnossen is getting rid of their kits and you can pick them up for cheap. They are good too. I like ess personally you essentially get the stage 3 blower for stage 2 pricing.
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 12:56 AM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Sedan
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
Congrats on the car. Go with ess. I heard magnossen is getting rid of their kits and you can pick them up for cheap. They are good too. I like ess personally you essentially get the stage 3 blower for stage 2 pricing.

thank you I will defiantly be considering that as an option as well.
C63sam is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:43 AM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
all the fastest cars run weistec

just saying
mr747 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 07:46 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 946
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
If you run the stage 3 kit then yes. However if you donít want to build the trans or the motor for the very high levels of power the stage 3 weistec kit can put out thatís not true. Both ess and magnusen are putting out higher numbers stage 1 and stage 2 comparisons. The ess kit is essentially the same blower in the stage 3 weistec with 8 pounds of boost. They are making more power at that stage two boost level compared to stage 2 weistec for the same price. Just saying.

Last edited by AMGonFire; 12-19-2018 at 07:49 AM.
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 07:56 PM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Sedan
Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
all the fastest cars run weistec

just saying
thats what Iíve been seeing, thank you for the input
C63sam is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 08:01 PM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Sedan
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
If you run the stage 3 kit then yes. However if you donít want to build the trans or the motor for the very high levels of power the stage 3 weistec kit can put out thatís not true. Both ess and magnusen are putting out higher numbers stage 1 and stage 2 comparisons. The ess kit is essentially the same blower in the stage 3 weistec with 8 pounds of boost. They are making more power at that stage two boost level compared to stage 2 weistec for the same price. Just saying.

i will eventually build the trans, I defiantly have noticed that the magnuson and ess are making same power if not more then the stage 1 & 2 Weistec units. Ess seems the way to go if I wanna go for more power eventually.

i appreciate your input thank you.
C63sam is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:08 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
If you run the stage 3 kit then yes. However if you donít want to build the trans or the motor for the very high levels of power the stage 3 weistec kit can put out thatís not true. Both ess and magnusen are putting out higher numbers stage 1 and stage 2 comparisons. The ess kit is essentially the same blower in the stage 3 weistec with 8 pounds of boost. They are making more power at that stage two boost level compared to stage 2 weistec for the same price. Just saying.
I have run a 10.5 at 133mph on stage 2 blower i have not seen a magnuson or Ess run a time like that yet
There is a guy from another state that has gone 138mph and 10.1 on stage 2 so your theory is not true

mr747 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
I broke my trans running flat 11s running any sort of blower a trans is required some last longer then others
mr747 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:11 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 946
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
I have run a 10.5 at 133mph on stage 2 blower i have not seen a magnuson or Ess run a time like that yet
There is a guy from another state that has gone 138mph and 10.1 on stage 2 so your theory is not true

i want to see that. 10.1 at 138 for stage two. He must have an insane diet on that car to run that. Regardless of what your saying facts are facts. The fact is ess is running the exact same size blower as in the stage 3 weistec kit. The stage two weistec is a smaller blower at the same psi of 8 of the ess kit. Sooooo how do you think itís better for the same money? From all the dynos Iíve seen the ess kit has had higher dyno readings compared to the weistec kit stage two or under. I think weistec is great but for 9900 Iím going ess for a stage two kit. Iím glad your happy with your kit. Also the trans thing agreed it will wear quicker however the FL trans can handle the power fine for thousands of miles from what iv seen.
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:28 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post



i want to see that. 10.1 at 138 for stage two. He must have an insane diet on that car to run that. Regardless of what your saying facts are facts. The fact is ess is running the exact same size blower as in the stage 3 weistec kit. The stage two weistec is a smaller blower at the same psi of 8 of the ess kit. Sooooo how do you think itís better for the same money? From all the dynos Iíve seen the ess kit has had higher dyno readings compared to the weistec kit stage two or under. I think weistec is great but for 9900 Iím going ess for a stage two kit. Iím glad your happy with your kit. Also the trans thing agreed it will wear quicker however the FL trans can handle the power fine for thousands of miles from what iv seen.
The car in mention is a CLK BLK with ported heads and straight ms109
Here is the dyno sheet

Its very impressive


But i do agree id rather ess kit over weistec stage 2 its a no brainer really i was just stating that im yet to see a ESS run 10.5 :0
mr747 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 11:23 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Big Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 88
Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
2012 C63 with P30, LSD, and EES Supercharger, 1959 Plymouth with Viper V10 and Tremec 6sp
As mentioned above the answer depends on what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend. One end of the spectrum is 99% street driving and the other end is 99% racing and on the dyno. I am on the 99% street driving end and installed the ESS unit with the low boost pulley and tune for 91 octane fuel. The rest of the car is bone stock and it has over 550 wheel HP and runs perfectly and passed emissions. This single modification is probably the most cost effective way to gain over 150 HP with no other hassles and still have super car type performance. On the other end of the spectrum the modifications and costs are limited only by your imagination. But that is what makes racing so exciting!
Big Jimbo is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: New amg owner - supercharger questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: