Sponsored by:

AMG PERFORMANCE MEDIA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
AMG PERFORMANCE MEDIA

Hi all, just to contribute, i'm looking to retrofit the AMG PERFORMANCE MEDIA package. Up to now, these are all the info I found (everywhere on the web):

- the package was sold as optional code 255
- is seems to be possible to retrofit it on cars that came out of factory without it
- parts list is:

ecu (must be verified which one is correct)
A0009002206
A0009005002
A0009006403
A0009006604
A0009009502

button (must be verified)
A2049059803 2A17

wiring
?????
a user in the past say "make the connections to the Can B, Can E and CAN A lines"

installation
mount the module under passager footrest floor
power wire to fusebox
wire to your car CAN B and CAN E and rewire your command video to mediabox as well as menu dials

use
the amg performance mediabox will take over the command video source and output video signal to mainscreen,it will be activated via amg button on the center console and u have to trigger it via xentry

Anyone who has some info, or wants to help, is really really welcome!
In anyway, I will proceed with this trying out to find more info as possible.

Cheers
Old 04-05-2019, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Control module, button, harness, etc is going to cost north of $4k. Then programming you’ll need to find someone with access to the right tools/hardware/software. All to install a toy that barely does anything with questionable accuracy.

Its been talked about many times. Here’s a post from someone who did it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post7070710
Old 04-06-2019, 10:08 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Control module, button, harness, etc is going to cost north of $4k. Then programming you’ll need to find someone with access to the right tools/hardware/software. All to install a toy that barely does anything with questionable accuracy.

Its been talked about many times. Here’s a post from someone who did it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post7070710
Thank You, I saw that in the past, but there was no P.N. list (KOSMOS just say to refer with SA code 255).
I tried looking a lot on part number in various sites with schemas, but cannot find really usefull info

I also looked over all the threads about that argument in this forum, but no more info than what i wrote above. It seems that the part number list is impossibile to find.

The cost is not a problem, I know it will cost a lot (and that is not so usefull). It's a toy, and I'm okay with that
For the programming part, I have the access to the right tools / hardware / software, so that's also not a problem.

By the way, many thanks for your reply. If you find other info, just keep in touch
Old 04-07-2019, 12:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
I love to see determined people defeating factory only limitations, but I have had the performance media on two C63’s (one 507 and my current BS). I think I have used it exactly once in each car-nice gimmick but not very useful.

Originally Posted by vahihapehe
Thank You, I saw that in the past, but there was no P.N. list (KOSMOS just say to refer with SA code 255).
I tried looking a lot on part number in various sites with schemas, but cannot find really usefull info

I also looked over all the threads about that argument in this forum, but no more info than what i wrote above. It seems that the part number list is impossibile to find.

The cost is not a problem, I know it will cost a lot (and that is not so usefull). It's a toy, and I'm okay with that
For the programming part, I have the access to the right tools / hardware / software, so that's also not a problem.

By the way, many thanks for your reply. If you find other info, just keep in touch
Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Originally Posted by saildoc
I love to see determined people defeating factory only limitations, but I have had the performance media on two C63’s (one 507 and my current BS). I think I have used it exactly once in each car-nice gimmick but not very useful.
Can you give more details?
The performance media is supposed to give you a very accurate 0-60.

To jump off-topic, the guy with the autovlog and a W205 C63S, does an episode testing the 0-60 with a v-box, while the perfomance media he had, probably had a more accurate value. He is clueless that he even has performance media and at least try to compare the values ....
I say this because the v-box, although industry-recognized, uses suction cups, to adhere to the car. 3 of them, for sure, but the performance media is .... bolted... to the car.
I say this, because suction cup flex, under acceleration can cause the accelerometer to be inaccurate by a small amount. Bolting it to the car, zero flex, is the gold standard here.

The performance media finally makes that AMG menu in the cluster have some sense.
But ever since the GTR, I guess all manufacturers that offer these, adopted the gimmick where the features of the performance media only get fully enabled, when the performance media discovers, via GPS, that you're at a track, or "recognized track" actually. Once this happens, THEN the menus fully open up.

Once they do, this thing provides real telemetry. Just read about the features. Speed carries in corners, braking time etc.

But the thing is, for this to calculate the power that the car is making, it needs to accurately know the weight.
The weight must have been programed into it from the factory. This is why I think there are different part numbers for the units.

Remember how I investigated the weight on the Mercedes dealer info network and there was a table with shipping weight and they were quite different? the regular sedan was lightest then there was the 507 and the heaviest was 507 coupe?

So you need the part number of these that is closest to the car you drive. Then the HP number may be somewhat accurate. Of course, even with the weight pre-entered from the factory, assumptions had to be made by them.
Maybe those assumptions are buried somewhere at who knows what page of the performance media suplimentary owners manual, maybe they need to be asked at say the private lounge.
For instance, the assumption may have been : Driver only, no passengers or luggage, but full tank of gas, level testing surface and dry.

Here's a question: Any of the performance media owners wants to enable it, while on the dyno? just curiosity, let's see what it reads, no?

Last edited by Vladds; 04-07-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
I just do not find the information useful-It is fun to see your HP and torque figures but haven't every done a 0-60 run using the media center-is that possible?

To jump off-topic, the guy with the autovlog and a W205 C63S, does an episode testing the 0-60 with a v-box, while the perfomance media he had, probably had a more accurate value. He is clueless that he even has performance media and at least try to compare the values ....
I say this because the v-box, although industry-recognized, uses suction cups, to adhere to the car. 3 of them, for sure, but the performance media is .... bolted... to the car.
I say this, because suction cup flex, under acceleration can cause the accelerometer to be inaccurate by a small amount. Bolting it to the car, zero flex, is the gold standard here.

The performance media finally makes that AMG menu in the cluster have some sense.
But ever since the GTR, I guess all manufacturers that offer these, adopted the gimmick where the features of the performance media only get fully enabled, when the performance media discovers, via GPS, that you're at a track, or "recognized track" actually. Once this happens, THEN the menus fully open up.

Once they do, this thing provides real telemetry. Just read about the features. Speed carries in corners, braking time etc.

But the thing is, for this to calculate the power that the car is making, it needs to accurately know the weight.
The weight must have been programed into it from the factory. This is why I think there are different part numbers for the units.

Remember how I investigated the weight on the Mercedes dealer info network and there was a table with shipping weight and they were quite different? the regular sedan was lightest then there was the 507 and the heaviest was 507 coupe?

So you need the part number of these that is closest to the car you drive. Then the HP number may be somewhat accurate. Of course, even with the weight pre-entered from the factory, assumptions had to be made by them.
Maybe those assumptions are buried somewhere at who knows what page of the performance media suplimentary owners manual, maybe they need to be asked at say the private lounge.
For instance, the assumption may have been : Driver only, no passengers or luggage, but full tank of gas, level testing surface and dry.

Here's a question: Any of the performance media owners wants to enable it, while on the dyno? just curiosity, let's see what it reads, no?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-07-2019, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Well, let's look at the performance media supplementary owners manual .....

Performance media manual

I see a 0-60 right in the main menu. Now this is from an SL, but I recall seeing it in the C 63 manual as well, I just don't want to spend more time looking for the C specific manual right now.

Now as far as the race tracks, I glanced now, I still think it provides good info, like G, accelerator position, braking percentage, per track sector and delta per lap for a sector. It does allow new track recording, but for some reason I recall that you're recording your new track, but it compares to some sort of list, to validate that you're not on road, based on GPS.

Last edited by Vladds; 04-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:51 AM

C63 AMG
Thank You all for the messages.
I really want to defeat this factory limitation, the real problem I found nowadays is just to have correct info on part numbers

BTW, next thing i will do is check my car with items listed here:
https://www.iauto.lt/mercedes-benz/C...oups_ID=529360 Maybe I can find what is the ECU I'm missing
Old 04-08-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black
I concur with saildoc. I've messed with mine just a couple of times on my BS. Its cool to have but not 4k cool. Most of the info on it is just plain silly.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W204 AMG SEDAN
Originally Posted by Vladds

Here's a question: Any of the performance media owners wants to enable it, while on the dyno? just curiosity, let's see what it reads, no?
i dont think it is THAT accurate. the media unit is basically an andriod box with video out feature. it connected with your car chasis CAN bus and read data from ECU transmission and your default G-sensor. It output some engine output information but these can be modified via your xentry/vediamo. which means you need to set the andriod box to tell its working condition, then it will simulate the right power/torque when you give throttle....

as for the part number, i dont have the list because the dealer did the work to source the parts. thats the way they charge the price higher than a DIY.....
Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 AM

C63 AMG
To anybody: if you have the sistem on Your car, and want to help, please check part number on the ECU and PM it to me
As soon as i find other info, i'll write something here. This week I had no time to check inside the car
Old 03-05-2023, 12:08 AM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by vahihapehe

ecu (must be verified which one is correct)
A0009002206
A0009005002
A0009006403
A0009006604
A0009009502
ok, so to verify, all of the above part number is actually on one module (item 500 on official diagram), and unfortunately, this module is discontinued when i inquired for one just yesterday.

Two parts to this fact finding, originally in the system-

Initially pulling up "A 000 900 64 03", the designation/additional information section would show "replaced by: A 000 900 22 06" (in red writing) and beneath it says "replaces: A 000 900 95 02" (in blue writing)

Then, when pulling up "A 000 900 95 02", the designation/additional information section would show "replaced by: A 000 900 64 03" (in red writing) and beneath it says "replaced by: A 000 900 22 06" (in red writing)

Assuming "A 000 900 22 06" is the most-recent part number of this item-500 "Control Unit, COMPLETE" (Central Display) & Code: 255+ (802/803)...

However, this central display is also somewhat of a piggyback module to a Control Unit, COMPLETE "Media Interface" module with a part number of "A 172 900 93 02", my source assumed that this part is actually a general head unit module? not confirmed though...

Pricing wise, "A 172 900 93 02" came out to be $1507 MSRP & available, while "A 000 900 22 06" is $742.50 MSRP & no longer available; so neither is "$2k+" as I've read in previous threads, but when combined, they would exceed $2k+.

Switchboard & harness are the cheap stuff, so I'm going to leave them out of this discussion for now.

can anyone confirm the above finding?
Old 03-05-2023, 12:38 AM

Received 473 Likes on 175 Posts
E63
I've looked into it but in the end it would cost $3-4K. Not sure it's worth it at that price for basic functions, I'd just go with an Android HU with Torque Pro and design some custom AMG gauges for it.

I run a similar setup on my race truck.

Old 03-05-2023, 08:06 PM

'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by sickSVT
I've looked into it but in the end it would cost $3-4K. Not sure it's worth it at that price for basic functions, I'd just go with an Android HU with Torque Pro and design some custom AMG gauges for it.

I run a similar setup on my race truck.
thank you for sharing, for the sake of cost saving & practicality, i'm sure your setup is more that sufficient; similarly, a regular c204c63 can be modded/tuned to outperform a 507 or BS, too, no doubt.

the reason why i'm even inquiring for the OEM setup was because it's the only factory option my BS wasn't spec'ed when new, and since i've already gone the extra mile of forking out the $ for this specimen, i might as well cough up another $3k~$4k (so far the total doesn't add up to me much more than half of that by the way) and complete this journey.

cost isn't an issue here, but the stress on availability for the OEM parts; and as the car gets older and older, i can already see the C63BS following the footstep in regards to parts availability like the CLK63BS.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:46 AM

Received 473 Likes on 175 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
thank you for sharing, for the sake of cost saving & practicality, i'm sure your setup is more that sufficient; similarly, a regular c204c63 can be modded/tuned to outperform a 507 or BS, too, no doubt.

the reason why i'm even inquiring for the OEM setup was because it's the only factory option my BS wasn't spec'ed when new, and since i've already gone the extra mile of forking out the $ for this specimen, i might as well cough up another $3k~$4k (so far the total doesn't add up to me much more than half of that by the way) and complete this journey.

cost isn't an issue here, but the stress on availability for the OEM parts; and as the car gets older and older, i can already see the C63BS following the footstep in regards to parts availability like the CLK63BS.
Oh yeah, on a black series I would definitely get the OEM Performance Media.

Maybe try contacting these guys, they sell and install the kits.

https://schawe-shop.de/mercedes-benz...-mercedes-benz
The following users liked this post:
1JDM911 (03-06-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 09:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 BS Magno Night Black
ok, so to verify, all of the above part number is actually on one module (item 500 on official diagram), and unfortunately, this module is discontinued when i inquired for one just yesterday.

Two parts to this fact finding, originally in the system-

Initially pulling up "A 000 900 64 03", the designation/additional information section would show "replaced by: A 000 900 22 06" (in red writing) and beneath it says "replaces: A 000 900 95 02" (in blue writing)

Then, when pulling up "A 000 900 95 02", the designation/additional information section would show "replaced by: A 000 900 64 03" (in red writing) and beneath it says "replaced by: A 000 900 22 06" (in red writing)

Assuming "A 000 900 22 06" is the most-recent part number of this item-500 "Control Unit, COMPLETE" (Central Display) & Code: 255+ (802/803)...

However, this central display is also somewhat of a piggyback module to a Control Unit, COMPLETE "Media Interface" module with a part number of "A 172 900 93 02", my source assumed that this part is actually a general head unit module? not confirmed though...

Pricing wise, "A 172 900 93 02" came out to be $1507 MSRP & available, while "A 000 900 22 06" is $742.50 MSRP & no longer available; so neither is "$2k+" as I've read in previous threads, but when combined, they would exceed $2k+.

Switchboard & harness are the cheap stuff, so I'm going to leave them out of this discussion for now.

can anyone confirm the above finding?
Hello, I will soon retrofitting the AMG Performance Media. I'm just waiting for one of the wiring harnesses. I bought the control unit used in Poland.

The control unit A0009002206 would cost around €1500 in Germany if it were available. Why is the price in America just over half that?

According to my research, you don't need an extra media interface (A 172 900 93 02) than the built-in one.

Best regards from Germany
Christian
The following users liked this post:
1JDM911 (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
The GLA also has this as an option, I don't have it.
Now I was interested to get it for that car.
However, there is a video on YouTube that someone that has that option on the GLA made.
He had his car tuned for an extra 100 HP.
He runs the performance media and .... Nothing.
No change not only in the max HP shown, but neither in the way the HP increases.
This is probably not even a way to assess if your spark plugs are bad, using the Performance Media, because even if your spark plugs are worn and you're now making on the Black series instead of the 510 HP, 499 HP, the performance media will still show 510.
Old 03-11-2023, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by C63 BS Black
Hello, I will soon retrofitting the AMG Performance Media. I'm just waiting for one of the wiring harnesses. I bought the control unit used in Poland.

The control unit A0009002206 would cost around €1500 in Germany if it were available. Why is the price in America just over half that?

According to my research, you don't need an extra media interface (A 172 900 93 02) than the built-in one.

Best regards from Germany
Christian
hey Christian,

wow, very useful info that you've provided; I'm send you a private message, please take a look when you get the chance, much appreciated sir!
Old 03-11-2023, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R

Parts are already pretty bad, I looked last year at a bunch of Black Series Specific parts and the majority I checked on where NLA or could be ordered and they might make some if they hit 20 orders, stuff like that. For that matter even run of the mill W204 chassis parts used on all models not black series specific are even getting touch to get in some cases if more cosmetic than wear parts.