Sponsored by:

Older Renntech Tune vs Newer Tunes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63
Older Renntech Tune vs Newer Tunes

I bought my 2012 C63 base model a little over a year ago and it had a plug in Renntech module in the glove box with instructions, I’m not sure what year it was bought or installed, but my question is are there better tunes out there now, I see a lot if people running a lot of different tunes and was wondering if I would maybe get some better gains out of a newer tune? As it is right now the car is completely stock with the addition of the tune, I would like to do more upgrades in the future and I’m sure it’ll need additional tuning then, but it’s most likely going to be awhile, so bottom line stay with the Renntech or upgrade to newer tune what’s the best tune that I can grow with my additional mods and good customer support?
Thanks in Advance for your opinion and time, I’ve been a long time reader and think this may be my actual first post. So I’ll include a picture.

Recommended Tunes?
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Here we go again...

Welcome! Did you try searching first? Tons of info about tunes here ad nauseum.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 PM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Here we go again...

Welcome! Did you try searching first? Tons of info about tunes here ad nauseum.
I did, and “tunes” is basically in almost every other post, thought someone that maybe had experience with a older Renntech tune vs a newer tune may have some input, that’s all.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Edition1
Originally Posted by ShawnD72
I did, and “tunes” is basically in almost every other post, thought someone that maybe had experience with a older Renntech tune vs a newer tune may have some input, that’s all.
I would stay with what you already have and then update the tune when you do your headers. The differences between the newer tune aren't that much different than the one you have. It's an old platform where tuners already squeezed out most of the power from the NA engine already. Don't waste your money.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Newer tunes are definitely better all around. HPTuners changed the game. Reach out to Barry here @hachiroku when you’re ready for a custom tune.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
hachiroku (03-03-2021), yfz rock (03-04-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:27 PM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by titus820
I would stay with what you already have and then update the tune when you do your headers. The differences between the newer tune aren't that much different than the one you have. It's an old platform where tuners already squeezed out most of the power from the NA engine already. Don't waste your money.
that’s what I’ve been telling myself for awhile now, I guess I should stick with it till I need to change, Thanks for your input
Old 03-03-2021, 09:35 PM

2012 C63
Newer tunes are definitely better all around. HPTuners changed the game. Reach out to Barry here @hachiroku when you’re ready for a custom tune.
That’s kinda what I’ve gathered from reading up on the newer tunes and I knew the tune on the car was quite a bit old because it had the Renntech emblems stuck all over it and they were in pretty bad shape when I removed them, I understand a lot of advancements can be made in few years that’s why I was asking, I’ve definitely heard and read a lot of good stuff about HPTuners, Thanks for the contact and recommendation.
That’s why I was looking for a turner I could build wit, I’ll need a new one eventually and would like one that can support me as I add upgrades instead of having to go through the whole process every time, I’m in the middle of no where as far as a proper turner or anyone that seems to be willing to do any work and definitely no upgrades, There seems to be some support around Nashville but that’s still 2 hours away.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:23 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
thanks for the mention Jim!

That’s why I was looking for a turner I could build wit, I’ll need a new one eventually and would like one that can support me as I add upgrades instead of having to go through the whole process every time, I’m in the middle of no where as far as a proper turner or anyone that seems to be willing to do any work and definitely no upgrades
hi shawn, feel free to read up a bit more on the page linked below. retunes for external bolt ons on an NA setup are included as part of the service. feel free to shoot me over an email through the website as well if you have any further questions.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ysixtuned.html

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (03-04-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 11:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by titus820
this is false.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (03-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 01:11 AM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
thanks for the mention Jim!

hi shawn, feel free to read up a bit more on the page linked below. retunes for external bolt ons on an NA setup are included as part of the service. feel free to shoot me over an email through the website as well if you have any further questions.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ysixtuned.html
thanks for reaching out, I’ll be in touch!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
RENNtech is hands down the best off the shelf tune there is out there. None of this, unplugg your battery overnight to fix the transmission shifting pattern, or no jerkiness. Perhaps a custom tune on the dyno can be better, but there is nothing like RENNtech.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:12 PM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by gtracer
RENNtech is hands down the best off the shelf tune there is out there. None of this, unplugg your battery overnight to fix the transmission shifting pattern, or no jerkiness. Perhaps a custom tune on the dyno can be better, but there is nothing like RENNtech.
They definitely have a solid reputation and I’ve had no issues with mine, juts ready to do some mild upgrades and I’m sure I’ll need additional support then, not sure how Renntech would be towards me since I wasn’t the original purchaser of the plug in module that’s with the car now.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by gtracer
Renntech is good, but definitely not the best, especially for their prices. They have that Brabus markup going on.
The following 3 users liked this post by INS1GNIA:
BLKROKT (03-04-2021), Saurabh914 (03-05-2021), ShawnD72 (03-07-2021)