Sponsored by:

C63 AMG 2013 Fobs not detected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG 2013
Exclamation C63 AMG 2013 Fobs not detected

My car battery died, and local side road assist tried boosting but it would not - that was a couple of weeks ago, and don’t recall the sequence of what happened.
I’ve since replaced the car battery to make sure. Now still doesn’t start but has new symptoms. Here are the symptoms:
  • FOBs are not detected when i am in the car with the keys.
  • Both fob keys have new batteries.
  • When I have keys in the car the dash display does not show that keys are in the car.
  • All lights work including hazard lights.
  • When I open the driver side door the dashboard lights up, but nothing to suggest it recognized keys, and after a minute dashboard goes blank even when i am in the car with the keys.
  • I cannot use fobs to lock or unlock doors, but I do hear the relays click when i press Fob keys.
  • I’ve checked all the fuses under the hood on driver side and ones in the trunk/boot.
  • Trying to start with the keys instead of push button does absolutely nothing. Doesn’t even recognize keys when inserted.
  • I’ve tried several of suggested Fob synchronization button sequences, but no luck with that. i think the issue is something else.
I am at a loss. Is this an Antenna issue?
What is the expected sequence? If someone has similar vehicle perhaps you can help by telling me the sequence so I can eliminate things.
I am assuming that dashboard lighting up when i open the doors is what happens when you don’t have any keys. So what is the very next thing that happens when you do have keys?

Thanks. If anyone can offer advice, I’d greatly appreciate that.

Last edited by naguibihelek; 11-11-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 G63, Sold 2010 C63 AMG Development Package
Hopefully your steering wheel isn't locked. Try this to get it running as a temp solution.

The following users liked this post:
Jasonoff (11-11-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 08:59 AM

C63 AMG 2013
Thanks Captn. And if the steering is locked? Do you have any suggestions or is this now a major job?
Old 11-12-2022, 09:46 AM

C63 AMG 2013
Based on the symptoms I’ve described, what is normal expected behavior:
  1. Should FOB be detected first and some indication on dash when it’s in the vehicle? Is this the first thing that happens?
Does anyone know the sequence that the computer will go through before car can be started?
  • If steering lock ESL is the issue, would that stop ability to Lock/Unlock vehicle with FOB or central locking using buttons in doors?
  • Is my logic incorrect? If FOB needs to recognized first, then is the issue to do with FOB receiver system?
    • Or does steering lock issue affect everything?
Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:30 AM

The car will still recognize the fob enough to lock and unlock the car but if the steering lock had a fault then the ignition switch will not recognize the fob and you can't start it that way. If the steering lock fails in the locked position then you have to take the whole steering column out to get the lock out to replace it.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:00 PM

C63 AMG 2013
Thanks again Captn. The thing here is, the FOB does not lock/unlock the car. So does that mean it’s not ESL because issue is before that?
if so then what is before that which allows FOB to lock/unlock car?
thanks.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:18 AM

C63 AMG 2013
Captn, I tried your suggestions video to start the car. It did not start
Old 11-13-2022, 09:40 PM

You might be up ****s creek then. Either the FOBs have lost their programming, power, or something else is broke. I'd take it to a professional at this point.