C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 06:29 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2020 C43, 2008 E350
Originally Posted by flocons
Yes. Their entire repertoire of content on their channel. You say that their channel sucks based on a few comments on a single video. Over the years, they have produced a bunch of high quality videos and reviews that are both entertaining and journalistically valid. The larger sample size suggests that the quality of the content on their YouTube channel is actually opposite of what your conclusion of their channel is.
Ok I see.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,553 Likes on 2,170 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
And if they go to a hand built v6, people will complain about not having anything to complain about!
Well if rumours were any indication, the next E 63 will be a six cylinder instead of V8 and finally hand-built? Then, people will complain that they lost the V8. The cycle repeats...
Old 08-31-2023, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Old 08-31-2023, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Interesting to read the you tube comments. Overall pretty harsh. Many seem to favor the M340, no surprise.
Old 08-31-2023, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by places
Interesting to read the you tube comments. Overall pretty harsh. Many seem to favor the M340, no surprise.
Didn't pay attention to the youtube comments let me read it, anything positive at least?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:13 PM

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
AMG
you do understand that for each c43 there are 50 m340s what do you think they are gonna say? they all have bimmers and never drove amg
Old 09-01-2023, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dima
you do understand that for each c43 there are 50 m340s what do you think they are gonna say? they all have bimmers and never drove amg
Maybe that explains why C43's are sitting and getting discounted and 340's pretty much need to be ordered and if you can locate one, they sell at msrp. can't argue with the fact that the decision to go with a 4 banger while adding weight to a performance car does turn a lot pf people away. not to mention disappointing mpg numbers.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:34 AM

AMG
Maybe that explains why C43's are sitting and getting discounted and 340's pretty much need to be ordered and if you can locate one, they sell at msrp. can't argue with the fact that the decision to go with a 4 banger while adding weight to a performance car does turn a lot pf people away. not to mention disappointing mpg numbers.
Well at least it keeps you at C43 forum.
Old 09-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

not like this means anything or matters Really but it is almost the opposite in Canada, I started to see quite a bit of these W206 C 43 on the road near me as well. BMW inventory is plentiful, for us, M3 is the one that needs to be ordered in and sold at MSRP.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 534 Posts
c
It's more like a modern skyline GTS-t
Old 09-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by alexasa
It's more like a modern skyline GTS-t
I agree.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Found a new versus old video, haven't watched it yet:
Old 09-08-2023, 10:30 PM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, VW Taos
Thanks for posting. It seems to be consistent with a lot of other reactions: It’s okay, but really expensive. I think this entire generation is just an experiment that didn’t prove successful. I’m going to look past to next Gen and see what’s up. Having driven new c43 multiple times, I can safely say that it’s a resounding ‘meh’. I didn’t appreciate the W205 enough. I totally realize that now.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks for posting. It seems to be consistent with a lot of other reactions: It’s okay, but really expensive. I think this entire generation is just an experiment that didn’t prove successful. I’m going to look past to next Gen and see what’s up. Having driven new c43 multiple times, I can safely say that it’s a resounding ‘meh’. I didn’t appreciate the W205 enough. I totally realize that now.
Hmmm (small rant) why do things keep breaking on the forums, now I am wondering why the youtube embed feature isn't working to add to the list of things broken that I am going to state in the next sentence, or is it just me, is the video (embeded) showing up for anyone else?

Just like many forum features (like the like button never works for me, the edit button at least rarely works instead of never, desktop mode button also doesn't always show up for me, I have to use the redirect link the admin posted to get into desktop mode. https://mbworld.org/forums/suggestio...ml#post8748554

For some reason trying to edit a quoted post, one backspace deletes everything so I have to quote the entire thing, thankfully I was able to embed images so it is not too intrusive, I try not to quote long posts or quote at all with my replies now. Let me try a computer next time.

Really hope they fix it soon for mobile users.

Alright so um back to topic, yes the vehicle is expensive, I mean it is great overall package but not without flaws.

It is comfortable yet it can be pretty fast with all the MB features (or basically what the new C-Class has) as well like the huge head-up display, the software features in MBUX, the interior design language, the exterior design language, some pretty advanced headlights with projections, all those ambient lighting colours gimmick or not really sets the mood. I mean the interior is like no other competitor's interior.

You can argue the screen was inspired from a Tesla but then MB installed it in this vehicle that it doesn't look like an afterthought, it flows down nicely unlike the W223 S-Class.

This car is for those who like the C 300 but want more power after all, in the past, the suspension of the C 43 was not forgiving at all, now it really truly became a C 300 but with the extra power so you don't sacrifice comfort at least not that much by going C 43. As for the flaws that reviewers and other forum members stated, hopefully gets resolved when the facelift comes. I am looking forward to seeing the CLE version of this car, it is on my shopping list, I am always a fan of coupes but I didn't like the C coupe, I did really like the e coupe though and so far I like the CLE.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Found a new versus old video, haven't watched it yet:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR-ogVMp1s0
Thanks. Pretty much sums it up well. Newer AMG with weaker performance than outgoing despite much vaunted “F1” technology. No matter what, you cannot escape 4 cylinder limits. Pricey and this generation will go down as one of MB/AMG’s worst era’s, awkward and transitional. As for those who boast about track performance, who cares. Vast majority will never see a track. This is a really good upgraded and pricey C300, and yet the C63 will be nothing more than an upgraded 43. It will not be a landmark AMG like the 204’s or 205’s were. Go figure.
Old 09-09-2023, 11:37 AM

AMG
Thanks. Pretty much sums it up well. Newer AMG with weaker performance than outgoing despite much vaunted “F1” technology. No matter what, you cannot escape 4 cylinder limits. Pricey and this generation will go down as one of MB/AMG’s worst era’s, awkward and transitional. As for those who boast about track performance, who cares. Vast majority will never see a track. This is a really good upgraded and pricey C300, and yet the C63 will be nothing more than an upgraded 43. It will not be a landmark AMG like the 204’s or 205’s were. Go figure.
It only sums the views of those who have never driven the car (like yourself) or the views of certain youtubers who post silly videos to get hits or those with sensitive breasts. All 3 major German magazines and real drivers who race cars for a living have a different opinion as have been shown on this thread already. But feel free to ignore it and pick only the ones that suit your rigid opinion.
That's why there is such a mess and polarization in this country: everybody is only looking for confirmation of what they already believe in without thinking, and with social media that is only interested in monetizing the content, they are more than happy to accommodate any ignorance one is willing to believe in,

Old 09-09-2023, 12:04 PM

It only sums the views of those who have never driven the car (like yourself) or the views of certain youtubers who post silly videos to get hits or those with sensitive breasts. All 3 major German magazines and real drivers who race cars for a living have a different opinion as have been shown on this thread already. But feel free to ignore it and pick only the ones that suit your rigid opinion.
That's why there is such a mess and polarization in this country: everybody is only looking for confirmation of what they already believe in without thinking, and with social media that is only interested in monetizing the content, they are more than happy to accommodate any ignorance one is willing to believe in,
In all fairness, the pendulum swings just as far the other way when talking about confirmation bias. We’re in an AMG forum after all, and I would suspect that there is a bit of brand loyalty going on here.

I also don’t think your comment about race car drivers commenting on how good the car is, is that valuable. You don’t need to be a race car driver to tell the difference between something that drives well and something that drives not-so-well. I’ll take their input on how their race cars feel on a track any day. However, they are not better than me when my wife wants me to drive to the store to pick up a back of onions

Ultimately, yes - final judgement should be reserved after one drives the car, but you have to take into consideration that part of the package, when it comes to car ownership, is the process of shopping cars, the brand experience, and all that jazz. It’s like picking out a bottle of wine at the liquor store. There will be bottles of wine that will not try simply because I don’t like the label. I might be missing out on the best wine I’ve ever had, but too bad. Mercedes’ label just isn’t looking that great to as many people as they used to. All things considered, the C43 is definitely NOT me if the best cars I’ve ever driven. Some of it is our own fault, but most of it is theirs.

Last edited by flocons; 09-09-2023 at 12:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
places (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 12:36 PM

AMG
In all fairness, the pendulum swings just as far the other way when talking about confirmation bias. We’re in an AMG forum after all, and I would suspect that there is a bit of brand loyalty going on here.

I also don’t think your comment about race car drivers commenting on how good the car is, is that valuable. You don’t need to be a race car driver to tell the difference between something that drives well and something that drives not-so-well. I’ll take their input on how their race cars feel on a track any day. However, they are not better than me when my wife wants me to drive to the store to pick up a back of onions

Ultimately, yes - final judgement should be reserved after one drives the car, but you have to take into consideration that part of the package, when it comes to car ownership, is the process of shopping cars, the brand experience, and all that jazz. It’s like picking out a bottle of wine at the liquor store. There will be bottles of wine that will not try simply because I don’t like the label. I might be missing out on the best wine I’ve ever had, but too bad. Mercedes’ label just isn’t looking that great to as many people as they used to. All things considered, the C43 is definitely NOT me if the best cars I’ve ever driven. Some of it is our own fault, but most of it is theirs.
I am a BMW guy not an AMG fan boy. I just think this car gets a bad wrap from people who either haven't driven it, or from some youtubers (who correctly decided that since at this point more people have m340 or w205 c43 thanw206 c43) they'd get more hits if they confirm their purchase. I really do think that's a nice package over all for those who want to have a daily driver and also take it to the track. I do realize in many countries it costs much more than in the states and then sure, the question becomes whether it's worth extra 20k + expensive upkeep.
That's why when german magazines test the car they have separate categories with points given for each.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:20 PM

I am a BMW guy not an AMG fan boy. I just think this car gets a bad wrap from people who either haven't driven it, or from some youtubers (who correctly decided that since at this point more people have m340 or w205 c43 thanw206 c43) they'd get more hits if they confirm their purchase. I really do think that's a nice package over all for those who want to have a daily driver and also take it to the track. I do realize in many countries it costs much more than in the states and then sure, the question becomes whether it's worth extra 20k + expensive upkeep.
That's why when german magazines test the car they have separate categories with points given for each.
Totally agree, but a lot of it is the car needing to meet a certain level expectations and then coming in at price that is not justifiable. It’s at a disadvantage before being driven, for sure. Part of it is your tubers. They are not going to go away, unfortunately. Mercedes needs to make something good enough to succeed in spite of them. “Decent” or “pretty good”, opens up too much room for those speculations and presumptions. They have a few things to figure out, and it’s not just on the engineering side.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:25 PM

AMG
Totally agree, but a lot of it is the car needing to meet a certain level expectations and then coming in at price that is not justifiable. It’s at a disadvantage before being driven, for sure. Part of it is your tubers. They are not going to go away, unfortunately. Mercedes needs to make something good enough to succeed in spite of them. “Decent” or “pretty good”, opens up too much room for those speculations and presumptions. They have a few things to figure out, and it’s not just on the engineering side.
Everyone is kind of operating in uncertain times due to government mandates and regulations that by the way vary from country to country. You need to please Chinese, Germans, Scandinavians and Americans at the same time, but they all have different regulations and tax structures, it's really tough nowadays.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:29 PM

Everyone is kind of operating in uncertain times due to government mandates and regulations that by the way vary from country to country. You need to please Chinese, Germans, Scandinavians and Americans at the same time, but they all have different regulations and tax structures, it's really tough nowadays.
That’s why I haven’t given up on MB yet. They are trying to be at the forefront of of the EV transition. I just got a car. I don’t need another one for at least four years! I want to see what they do, what lessons they learned. It’s a work in progress. Right now, it’s a bit painful, as they are only on the forefront of high pricing
Old 09-09-2023, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been driving MB cars since the 90's and always purchased new. I'm AMG and MB biased, however lately I can't get past certain decisions to get behind most of their cars. Design language included. I don't need to drive the car to comment, extensive ownership experience has earned me the ability to comment without driving a car first. My interest in Mercedes is for them to steer the ship to a better place. As I've stated, these are awkward times in the auto industry. I can't recall when AMG released a new model that had worse performance the previous, I'm sure this was not deliberate. Not to mention a nice price bump. The four cylinder decision is controversial, no surprise here. What did anyone expect? AMG is supposed to be a performance line, not a green energy brand. Sign of the times.

As for confirmation in what we are thinking, I agree. In the case of AMG for example, most fanboys (not directed towards you) don't even know what AMG stands for. Or even M.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Was this posted yet? Video was uploaded a month ago so it should already be posted by another forum member on the forums but in case it isn't, here it is. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YZjiFs1A7M
Old 09-09-2023, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sorry just trying to play catch up here, if this was already posted, please ignore: www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0mwT8biaNw

Old 09-09-2023, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide