My brand new c63s was in an accident?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
My brand new c63s was in an accident?

Kind of in a really bad mood now...

Last edited by Jinggyjin; 08-24-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
C63S Coupe/CLA45
C63s

I've been little paranoid lately cause my hood also does not have good alignment with front bumper and my cabin has alot of creaking noise. I alway thought that maybe something happen to it like an accident during a test drive or from being shipped from Germany. My wifes 2011 C300 with 98k miles has perfect hood alignment and no creaking sound. Sorry about what you discovered

Last edited by hotdognobun; 08-21-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Brand new C63S with minor alignment issues and lots of creaking in the front especially dashboard is unfortunately more the norm. A lot of it has to do with the stiffness of the car and flint stones like tires. most performance cars at this level are more squeaky than their pedestrian counterparts.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Jinggyjin
Long story short, I purchased my C63S brand new from a dealership here in Northen California. A few weeks into my ownership, I noticed that the hood is not aligned very well. I checked online and here, and figured out that that maybe just a adjuster issue and I can ask the dealer to fix it at my next service.

Three months passed and I'm due for my 2,000 miles service and I went to another MB dealer which is closer to me. When I dropped off my car, I notified the dealer to look at the hood.

2 days passed and when I went in for my car, the dealer told me that the car has been in a front end collision, and they are not able to touch the hood due to warranty requirements.. what?? They then showed me under the car, where there are lots of paint drops, which is evident sign of poor repainted jobs. The lug nuts that hold the fenders also have signs of removal, and there are these white ashes on the chassis that the service dealership thinks is way to shady for a new Mercedes. Did the original dealership hide something when they tried to sell me the car?

As of now, I've got in touch with my lawyer and will talk to the original dealership and have them to look at the car. Will keep you guys updated. If you have any experience of dealership that sold you brand new car with accident, can you please share your experience and how you solved it?

Kind of in a really bad mood now...
That is f****. I would also be in a foul mood after finding that out.

Surely, it would be illegal for the original dealer to have sold you the car without any notification about it's history.

Hope they take it back and provide you with a 'brand new' car that was promised.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Slk55 amg
Pictures and location

I can put pictures but they are sealed in the shipping box they were sent to me in. I have never opened the box. The location is near Orlando, Florida.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:51 AM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Originally Posted by Sanch
Surely, it would be illegal for the original dealer to have sold you the car without any notification about it's history.
That's actually not true.

Most states set a threshold of 3% - 6% of the MSRP as the required amount for disclosure to a buyer. For example, in NC, the law states that dealers are required to disclose damage on new cars that exceeds 5% percent of the MSRP, but are not required to disclose damage to glass, tires, or bumpers if the items are replaced with original-equipment parts.

For example, in California:

"...a dealer must disclose to the buyer any damage which has occurred to the vehicle of which the dealer has actual knowledge and which costs more than 5 percent of the manufacturer's suggested retail price to repair. Prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle, a dealer must also disclose to the buyer any damage which has occurred to the paint of which the dealer has actual knowledge and which costs more than $500.00 to repair. Damages shall be calculated at the actual cost of such repair."

That's straight from the California Vehicle Code: http://law.justia.com/codes/californ...3.6/chapter-4/

Or simplified here: http://dealerfraud.org/previous-damage-non-disclosure/

Last edited by FDNewbie; 08-19-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
That's actually not true.

Most states set a threshold of 3% - 6% of the MSRP as the required amount for disclosure to a buyer. For example, in NC, the law states that dealers are required to disclose damage on new cars that exceeds 5% percent of the MSRP, but are not required to disclose damage to glass, tires, or bumpers if the items are replaced with original-equipment parts.

For example, in California:

"...a dealer must disclose to the buyer any damage which has occurred to the vehicle of which the dealer has actual knowledge and which costs more than 5 percent of the manufacturer's suggested retail price to repair. Prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle, a dealer must also disclose to the buyer any damage which has occurred to the paint of which the dealer has actual knowledge and which costs more than $500.00 to repair. Damages shall be calculated at the actual cost of such repair."

That's straight from the California Vehicle Code: http://law.justia.com/codes/californ...3.6/chapter-4/

Or simplified here: http://dealerfraud.org/previous-damage-non-disclosure/
This true. For my case, the bumper and fender have been removed and repainted with very poor quality job which is obviously not comparable to OEM quality nor below $500. Let alone the residuals on the chassis which could lead to evidence of chassis repair. If the car has chassis damage, they must disclose.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I wonder if it was damaged during transport from the factory to the VPC?