Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
Did you take delivery of the GTR too?

Last edited by 4dr.no; 05-06-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Originally Posted by superswiss
  • Speaking of Driving Assistance, I'm glad I got the package. It works great. The car practically drives itself if you just wanna comfortably and casually plod along and hit traffic on the way. It smoothly brings the car to a stop if traffic comes to a stop and resumes on its own if the stop wasn't too long, otherwise you just have to give it some throttle and then it resumes. It adapts nicely to the speed limit signs (great in Europe with all the stationary radar detectors) and it slows down for curves, traffic circles etc, and mostly manages to follow the road even taking relatively sharp turns on its own. I also like how it detects my hands even if I just slightly hold the steering wheel with one hand. It definitely makes the car very smooth and relaxing to drive in daily traffic situations
Congratulations and great write up. Bet you're having a blast. One thing I found out with driving assistance is that tapping the pedal is annoying. I found out and can't recall where, that you can merely pull the cruise lever towards you to re-engage instead of tapping on the pedal. Way better in my opinion. Wishing safe travels to you.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,435 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
Did you take delivery of the GTR too?
No, it was just on display where we got served lunch. I did the Center of Excellence delivery that is in a separate smaller area of the delivery center and only available to AMG, S Class and I think CLS. They served us a three course meal. Food was very good.

Originally Posted by benzbell
Congratulations and great write up. Bet you're having a blast. One thing I found out with driving assistance is that tapping the pedal is annoying. I found out and can't recall where, that you can merely pull the cruise lever towards you to re-engage instead of tapping on the pedal. Way better in my opinion. Wishing safe travels to you.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I believe that should work, too. Have to remember that. There is no cruise control stalk anymore with the 2019, though. It's all switches on the left part of the steering wheel with Resume/Cancel being one of the rocker switches. It's still probably a better way to re-engage it. Don't know if the pre-facelift did this, too, but the Resume function also adopts the current speed limit as the set speed for cruise control and after that it automatically adapts to new speed limits if turned on in the Assistance settings.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:10 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
Took delivery today in Sindelfingen, Germany at the Center of Excellence. Great day. Still familiarizing myself with the car, but overall a great machine. Drove about an hour through the country side back to where I'm staying and got into some traffic jams to test the driving assist. Here are some initial impressions, and things definitely need to be broken in before everything comes together fully. Starting with some of the points that had recent discussions.
  • Quality: Overall, the car feels solid, but there is definitely some cost cutting plastic stuff that can be noticed. Some of the plastic parts on the new steering wheel seem cheap and depending on where I touch with my hand I can hear plastic creaking especially from above the middle section with all the buttons. I have the full Dynamica steering wheel, and I wish it was a little meatier. One annoying thing is the plastic cover for the side airbag on the performance seats. If it's adjusted back for a tall person, and then nobody is sitting there anymore, the belt buckle keeps banging against the cover when driving over uneven roads. Shouldn't be an issue for me as my wife is tiny and will have the seat further forward and then the issue goes away.
  • Ride/Suspension/Comfort: So apparently you can't even trust the factory to delivery cars with proper tire pressure. It came at 38(f)/37(r) which matches none of the recommended tire pressures inside the fuel cap and is about 6 psi too high for normal driving up to 155 mph with two people and little cargo. The ride is definitely on the firm side in Comfort mode like this, but not uncomfortable. Granted I'm on German roads for now, but they aren't actually as pristine as they used to be and reminds me a lot of the current CA road conditions. Can feel stuff in the road, but I don't necessarily mind it. Gonna adjust the tire pressure tomorrow morning to the proper setting and that should bring things to where I was expecting them. I will have to increase them up after brake in for the 180 mph top speed. Will be interesting how it rides then. The performance seats are great. Absolutely no regrets. I find them actually slightly more comfortable than the seats in my RS5. The seat cushion is wider, so the side bolster on their widest setting isn't cutting into my legs as they do in my RS5. I have a 6 hour trip ahead of me on Wednesday, and I'm not concerned at all about any comfort issues.
  • Transmission: This is very early obviously with the transmission not having learned my driving style yet and the clutches brand new and everything. There's definitely some bucking at low speeds for now and the car's powertrain is more on the aggressive side in Comfort mode compared to my RS5. I expect this to change as the transmission gets broken in, and I'm already learning how to properly modulate the throttle to make things smooth. The dual clutch transmission in my RS5 also feels and shifts differently now, then it did when I first got the car. I don't really mind it. I like an aggressive transmission where you can still feel what's going on. Also, I have the full driving assistance feature and in stop&go traffic it moves the car very smoothly, so it's definitely just a matter of learning proper throttle modulation. I've only been driving in Comfort mode so far.
  • Speaking of Driving Assistance, I'm glad I got the package. It works great. The car practically drives itself if you just wanna comfortably and casually plod along and hit traffic on the way. It smoothly brings the car to a stop if traffic comes to a stop and resumes on its own if the stop wasn't too long, otherwise you just have to give it some throttle and then it resumes. It adapts nicely to the speed limit signs (great in Europe with all the stationary radar speed traps) and it slows down for curves, traffic circles etc, and mostly manages to follow the road even taking relatively sharp turns on its own. I also like how it detects my hands even if I just slightly hold the steering wheel with one hand. It definitely makes the car very smooth and relaxing to drive in daily traffic situations.
  • Parking sensors: Not sure what's going on and if I'm missing a setting, but I'm not getting any audible sound as I'm approaching obstacles. I have the full parking assistance package with the 360 camera. It does indicate visually that it sees obstacles and the camera is awesome, but I'm not sure what's going on. Any insight from others? I read the chapter in the manual again, and everything is turned on, the volume is turned up for the warning sound and the system is active.
  • Random: They skimped a bit on settings, for example I haven't found a way to change the temperature units to Celsius, which is the system I think in and grew up with. They only seem to have a stetting for miles and km, which is currently on km given where I am. I like to see the climate setting in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

I think that's about it for first impressions so far. I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me on Wednesday. I'm gonna drive through the countryside down to Switzerland to visit my folks and I will post more impressions later as the car had some time to brake in. Here are a few quick pictures from the delivery. They served lunch right next to a GT R Pro.

Looks stunning SS!! Congrats and enjoy! Mine should be at the dealership soon

It was a long wait haha

Did they drill in the front license plate holder? I will def using a tow hook plate holder, i specifically requested them not to drill into it!
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Vader C63S
Did they drill in the front license plate holder? I will def using a tow hook plate holder, i specifically requested them not to drill into it!
Thanks. It's hard to see on these pictures, but the front bumper has a license plate holder (USA form factor) and the plate is mounted to the license plate holder. Not sure how the holder itself is attached, but it's factory installed. I was going to put the front license plate on anyway as it is required here in the Cali. I've gotten a ticket on a previous car and it was a huge hassle, so I just accepted having to have a front license and don't really mind it. I find the tow hook holder look worse with the license plate floating to the side, and I certainly wasn't keen on just drilling holes in the bumper for the plate. The factory holder looks very clean and professional, IMO.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:27 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Agreed, not a fan of the tow hook look either. I used "STO N SHO" mount on my RS5, I will try to fit that on it.

so how are the burbles?
Old 05-07-2019, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Vader C63S
Agreed, not a fan of the tow hook look either. I used "STO N SHO" mount on my RS5, I will try to fit that on it.

so how are the burbles?
Not a fan of sto n sho, either. I'm not a fan of afterthought solutions and isn't ground clearance an issue with sto n go. The nose is already pretty low, especially with the Aero splitter if you got the Aero package.

LOL, burbles. Don't know yet. Haven't put it in anything other than Comfort with the exhaust open. Sounds very nice for just driving around, but at the delivery while they emphasized the need for break in, he said no issues changing the drive modes, just keep rpms under 4500, but short bursts are no problem, either to pass somebody quickly for example, so I'll probably give the other modes a whirl soon. It shouldn't take me long to reach a 1000 miles, either.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Congrats Swiss!!! Looks awesome!!!

Did you ever figure out the audible warning for the parking sensors? I believe there is a box you have to check for sound. I get the sound and it isn’t super sensitive.. it has the same sensitivity in the rear as my 335 as that’s the only sensor that car has. I have to park in my garage with the passenger side up against a wall.. I try to get it within an inch or two of the wall. I haven’t had it go off while driving around in bumper to bumper traffic. Sensitivity seems just right.

In regards to the break in I was told to keep it in comfort mode for the first 1000 miles by the GM of my dealer, an amg engine builder and an amg tech. They all said to break the car in driving in Comfort only.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Classy & Intimidating - Super Swiss
Old 05-07-2019, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by purplewidow
Congrats Swiss!!! Looks awesome!!!

Did you ever figure out the audible warning for the parking sensors? I believe there is a box you have to check for sound. I get the sound and it isn’t super sensitive.. it has the same sensitivity in the rear as my 335 as that’s the only sensor that car has. I have to park in my garage with the passenger side up against a wall.. I try to get it within an inch or two of the wall. I haven’t had it go off while driving around in bumper to bumper traffic. Sensitivity seems just right.

In regards to the break in I was told to keep it in comfort mode for the first 1000 miles by the GM of my dealer, an amg engine builder and an amg tech. They all said to break the car in driving in Comfort only.
Thanks. The sensors worked today. Not sure what I did. I changed the setting to Early warning for the front and I turned the sensors off and on a couple times with the button next to the light switch and after that they worked all day today. Maybe a fluke. I did however get a low oil level warning after only 200 km. We checked the oil and it was half way between min/max and the warning went away after restarting the engine. Maybe another fluke of things shaking out. We did top it off a bit, so I'll see how it goes or otherwise they'll have to check the sensor. So far I'm driving it only in Comfort mode and probably will do most of the 1000 miles in Comfort before I start playing with the other modes. Had the AMG factory tour today and learned that they are only cold testing these engines, meaning the engine is spun up to about 3000 rpm by an external electric motor. They don't start the engine until it's been installed in the car, so some things might have to shake out first. Unfortunately, the guy who built my engine works the night shift, so he wasn't there and I couldn't meet him. Would have been cool otherwise.

Car is fun to drive at speeds, but it's not really at home creeping along in slow traffic as some others have already said. The driving assistance does make things more comfortable, though. This isn't much of an issue for me as I don't commute and don't spend a lot of time in traffic normally, but I'm sure things will smooth out as the car brakes in. It all has to loosen up a bit. Drove with lowered tire pressures today and the ride is on the firm side of comfortable as expected. Bumps in the road are felt that's for sure, but It's definitely not harsh, though.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C63S Coupe
Adding mine to the list and absolutely love it. Put in the order last September for a late February slot and took delivery a week ago. The only concern was whether the silver window trim would clash with the black side sills by not opting for the night package on top of the aerodynamic package. However, it all went away when seeing the car in person because the black blends with selenite gray really well, and that little bit of silver/chrome really highlights the A-wing and exhaust tips (plus I always have the option to wrap the window trim). Even though it was probably a sales tactic to prevent buyer's remorse, the sales consultant said that the car was like a magnet and attracted both the sales staff and customers all day. The main priority for myself was that the interior/driver zone had to be perfect (even more than the exterior) and the carbon fiber really gives the impression that I'm in a proper super car instead.

Also, should have shaken that carpet out first.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Congrats and a great spec!!! I am in awe with the drivers zone when I sit in my car. The carbon fiber steering wheel with the digital cluster take it to a new level.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C63S Coupe
Congrats and a great spec!!! I am in awe with the drivers zone when I sit in my car. The carbon fiber steering wheel with the digital cluster take it to a new level.
Thanks! The carbon fiber steering wheel and dash really do, plus it's nice to switch between the themes every now and then for variety.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:49 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
Looks great!
Old 05-08-2019, 06:16 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Very true. Interior wise the difference between my 2017 and current 2019 is day and night.
Absolutely refreshing. A much more complete package now.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Originally Posted by Acquilae
Adding mine to the list and absolutely love it. Put in the order last September for a late February slot and took delivery a week ago. The only concern was whether the silver window trim would clash with the black side sills by not opting for the night package on top of the aerodynamic package. However, it all went away when seeing the car in person because the black blends with selenite gray really well, and that little bit of silver/chrome really highlights the A-wing and exhaust tips (plus I always have the option to wrap the window trim). Even though it was probably a sales tactic to prevent buyer's remorse, the sales consultant said that the car was like a magnet and attracted both the sales staff and customers all day. The main priority for myself was that the interior/driver zone had to be perfect (even more than the exterior) and the carbon fiber really gives the impression that I'm in a proper super car instead.

Also, should have shaken that carpet out first.

Actually wanted No-Night-Package to keep the chrome exhaust tips and window trim accents as well. However in Canada it's required when selecting Aerodynamics Package.

Wouldn't like the silver strip on the front bumper though but guess that could be wrapped in gloss black.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Hey guys,

am taking delivery of my 2019 facelift c63s sedan soon, was going through the build sheet and noticed that the option for performance exhaust U78, was titled as:

U78 AMG Sports exhaust system

While i understand the performance exhaust system comes standard on the c63s facelift, anyone else see this before?
Old 05-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by Profomo
Hey guys,

am taking delivery of my 2019 facelift c63s sedan soon, was going through the build sheet and noticed that the option for performance exhaust U78, was titled as:

U78 AMG Sports exhaust system

While i understand the performance exhaust system comes standard on the c63s facelift, anyone else see this before?
I think it's the same thing. The code U78 is the exact same AFAIK the normal exhaust does not have its own listing nor code.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'19 C63 Cardinal Red Sedan
Smile Almost here!!!!!

2 more days!!!! I ordered the car 1/10/19 so I guess 4 months is about right. I haven't seen many red ones out there. I had to share with my new friends here because the family isn't quite as excited as I am.

The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (05-12-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 01:00 AM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by bluebirdaz
2 more days!!!! I ordered the car 1/10/19 so I guess 4 months is about right. I haven't seen many red ones out there. I had to share with my new friends here because the family isn't quite as excited as I am.
Congrats on the upgrade!! Red is definitely the rarest. I've only ever seen one. Awesome
Old 05-14-2019, 07:07 AM

C63s
Wow, definitely post some pictures. I have never seen a red one. This is a rare treat. Congrats and looking forward to seeing the beauty!!
Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S
My car was produced 3/22 and some delay happened. Anyone else experiencing this? Wondering when they'll put the car on the boat.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 AM

'19 C63 Cardinal Red Sedan
Well the car got here this afternoon only to find out it does not have HUD which was one of the options we really wanted. Dealer never told us the car was not going to have it so I am really annoyed. I will pick it up Friday but I really want some compensation for this. What do you think is fair? The HUD was a big deal for my wife too and she is disappointed. If we were told the car wouldn't have it ahead of time, I would be more understanding, but to only find out in the couple pics I got from a cell phone is so annoying. We extended our current C450 lease already due to delivery delays so it's not like I'm in a position to bargain but I think I deserve something. Thoughts? Here's a pic of the car.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:09 AM

c450
Originally Posted by C63CScott
My car was produced 3/22 and some delay happened. Anyone else experiencing this? Wondering when they'll put the car on the boat.
My car was set to production on April 5th and it's already on a boat with a delivery date to the port May 22nd. So I guess in my case everything went without any delays. No carbon fiber parts on mine tho.

Nice spec's btw.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Well the car got here this afternoon only to find out it does not have HUD which was one of the options we really wanted. Dealer never told us the car was not going to have it so I am really annoyed. I will pick it up Friday but I really want some compensation for this. What do you think is fair? The HUD was a big deal for my wife too and she is disappointed. If we were told the car wouldn't have it ahead of time, I would be more understanding, but to only find out in the couple pics I got from a cell phone is so annoying. We extended our current C450 lease already due to delivery delays so it's not like I'm in a position to bargain but I think I deserve something. Thoughts? Here's a pic of the car.
Congrats, but sucks it wasn't built to your spec. Did you not request the build sheet after ordering the car to verify all your options are on there? If the HUD was on there, but the factory dropped the ball, then you need to take it up with the dealer about your car not being produced as ordered. If the dealer forgot to add the HUD, then take it up with them as well. That's certainly not acceptable and reason to refuse delivery of the car. Always check the build sheet, though. When I ordered my coupe, they forgot the digital dash and if I hadn't caught it on the build sheet I would have a car w/o digital dash today. Mistakes happen when entering the order, so always verify.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries