Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

 
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 PM
  #951  
Newbie
 
AMG Yatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Illinois North Suburbs
Posts: 9
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG C63S /

My car has been sitting since 3-6 waiting for a ship. I donít know what the hold up is.
AMG Yatz is offline  
The following users liked this post:
ABuds (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 12:52 PM
  #952  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Just outside of DC
Posts: 51
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S7 (out going), 2006 Porsche C4
Mine is in similar status for the same amount of time. I'm guessing our cars will share the same ride to Baltimore.
Sullicc4 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:54 PM
  #953  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
I had like a 6-7 week wait while it said produced not shipped.. then it was at the dealer in 2 weeks after it got on the boat. I think the boat docked in Baltimore on a Friday and it was at the dealer in Chicagoland on Tuesday the following week. Don't worry it shouldn't be long now!!
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:25 PM
  #954  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Preview




More to come...
Carlo Cc is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (05-16-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 04:41 PM
  #955  
Senior Member
 
Arjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 449
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL, 2019 E450 Cabriolet
Have been sifting through this thread a few times, cant seem to find if anyone has ordered a non-S C63 coupe with the aero pack. I'm considering adding it to my order but it is unclear to me exactly how the rear of the car looks without the night package
Arjy is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:05 PM
  #956  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 341
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Arjy View Post
Have been sifting through this thread a few times, cant seem to find if anyone has ordered a non-S C63 coupe with the aero pack. I'm considering adding it to my order but it is unclear to me exactly how the rear of the car looks without the night package
I don't think anyone has. The non-S has become the forgotten step brother to some extent. Until recently I hadn't even seen a picture. The night package adds black exhaust tips, that's the only thing that's different in the rear w/ or w/o the night package, but the non-S has a different diffuser design and I have no idea how it looks with the aero package. The non aero diffuser of the non-S looks less aggressive to begin with.

S standard diffuser:


Non-S diffuser:


S with areo, night package and carbon exterior packages:

Last edited by superswiss; 05-15-2019 at 05:09 PM.
superswiss is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Arjy (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:10 PM
  #957  
Senior Member
 
Arjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 449
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL, 2019 E450 Cabriolet
Yup, I am going for a non-S because I prefer 18'' wheels and I really like the project one style 18s on the facelift. I am trying to see if adding the aero pack gives the more aggressive style rear diffuser, and will leave only the tips chrome like on the S model since I am not going for the night package. I think I am just going to add it since I will likely be happy with however it arrives.
Arjy is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:19 PM
  #958  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 341
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Arjy View Post
Yup, I am going for a non-S because I prefer 18'' wheels and I really like the project one style 18s on the facelift. I am trying to see if adding the aero pack gives the more aggressive style rear diffuser, and will leave only the tips chrome like on the S model since I am not going for the night package. I think I am just going to add it since I will likely be happy with however it arrives.
Just checked on the German online configuratior and it looks like the non-S gets the same diffuser as the S if you add the areo package.


superswiss is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Arjy (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:22 PM
  #959  
Senior Member
 
Arjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 449
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL, 2019 E450 Cabriolet
Nice! thanks for checking that. Its a shame the US configurator is so unclear and lacking accurate and timely updates. I remember when it used to let you at least see the rear of the car when you make changes.
Arjy is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:23 PM
  #960  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 65
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S
This really makes want to remove the rear safety bumpers.
seek3n is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 PM
  #961  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c450
Originally Posted by Arjy View Post
Nice! thanks for checking that. Its a shame the US configurator is so unclear and lacking accurate and timely updates. I remember when it used to let you at least see the rear of the car when you make changes.
Hey, welcome to the club. I ordered C63 non-s with areo (and night package) . I should know how it's gonna look in 2 weeks or so.
MajesticLuk is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Arjy (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:28 PM
  #962  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Az
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'19 C63 Cardinal Red Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Congrats, but sucks it wasn't built to your spec. Did you not request the build sheet after ordering the car to verify all your options are on there? If the HUD was on there, but the factory dropped the ball, then you need to take it up with the dealer about your car not being produced as ordered. If the dealer forgot to add the HUD, then take it up with them as well. That's certainly not acceptable and reason to refuse delivery of the car. Always check the build sheet, though. When I ordered my coupe, they forgot the digital dash and if I hadn't caught it on the build sheet I would have a car w/o digital dash today. Mistakes happen when entering the order, so always verify.
I had the original signed build sheet showing all the options and packages from when I ordered the car in January. It showed option 463 Head up display. The salesman said he ordered the car exactly to spec and entered the head up display and didn't get any error, but today he said there was a shortage of HUDs and they are going to a different style or upgrading or something. Silly me I guess for not asking for a second build sheet after I signed the first one. I was basically told that I don't have to take the car if I don't want, but after extending my current lease already due to delays, I am not in a good spot to start over. I was also told they couldn't discount the car any more to keep me a happy customer. In the end the price went down very minimally and I think I got a good price but I'm also sure there was some more negotiating room on the table given the missing option I wanted. I asked about complimentary tint or discounted pre-paid maintenance and I was offered $400 for tint instead of the normal $500 so I passed and will get it down at a local shop for $300. I just want my car and to move on from the frustration. Pickup tomorrow at 1pm!!
bluebirdaz is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 PM
  #963  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMG Yatz View Post

My car has been sitting since 3-6 waiting for a ship. I donít know what the hold up is.
Mine as well since 3/21. Getting very frustrated..... hopefully it wonít be long for both of us!
ABuds is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:50 PM
  #964  
Junior Member
 
Vader C63S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 65
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
my car arrived at the dealership yesterday! Pics and vid to follow
Vader C63S is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:21 AM
  #965  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 341
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by bluebirdaz View Post
I had the original signed build sheet showing all the options and packages from when I ordered the car in January. It showed option 463 Head up display. The salesman said he ordered the car exactly to spec and entered the head up display and didn't get any error, but today he said there was a shortage of HUDs and they are going to a different style or upgrading or something. Silly me I guess for not asking for a second build sheet after I signed the first one. I was basically told that I don't have to take the car if I don't want, but after extending my current lease already due to delays, I am not in a good spot to start over. I was also told they couldn't discount the car any more to keep me a happy customer. In the end the price went down very minimally and I think I got a good price but I'm also sure there was some more negotiating room on the table given the missing option I wanted. I asked about complimentary tint or discounted pre-paid maintenance and I was offered $400 for tint instead of the normal $500 so I passed and will get it down at a local shop for $300. I just want my car and to move on from the frustration. Pickup tomorrow at 1pm!!
Seems like the sales guy didn't properly inform you. The HUD was limited availability from the start. It's in the order guide that way. My GM told me that the HUD is not a very popular option, so MB doesn't stock a lot of them. In the 2020 order guide, though, it's no longer limited availability so maybe the demand has picked up and MB is ramping up inventory. Your SA also dropped the ball verifying the build before it got locked. I'm guessing the factory dropped the option due to lack of inventory or didn't confirm the order with HUD in the first place.
superswiss is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 AM
  #966  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 341
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Vader C63S View Post
my car arrived at the dealership yesterday! Pics and vid to follow
Congrats! You gonna love it. I thought I was gonna miss my RS5, but I have all forgotten about it
superswiss is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 AM
  #967  
Junior Member
 
Vader C63S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 65
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
haha glad to hear! Can't wait for PPF and tint to be completed so i can take her for a rip! Mod pile ready to go also :P

Here are some quick pics from my SA



Vader C63S is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM
  #968  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Originally Posted by Vader C63S View Post
haha glad to hear! Can't wait for PPF and tint to be completed so i can take her for a rip! Mod pile ready to go also :P

Here are some quick pics from my SA


We were definitely boat mates, maybe even identical twins lol. Having Ceramic Pro 9H, Gtechniq Interior, and Ceramic Tint applied.
Carlo Cc is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Carlo Cc:
Uga Uga (05-16-2019), Vader C63S (05-16-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 12:04 AM
  #969  
Junior Member
 
Vader C63S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 65
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Carlo Cc View Post
We were definitely boat mates, maybe even identical twins lol. Having Ceramic Pro 9H, Gtechniq Interior, and Ceramic Tint applied.
haha small world eh. Mine will be going in for full front PPF, Rockers, headlights etc + Cpro + Ceramic tint also! Must have first mods 100%

On my car i realized i forgot to select the CF rear spoiler + mirror cap option haha so i guess i will be ordering a MODECARBON rear wing soon to complete the full CF Pkg!
Vader C63S is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:41 AM
  #970  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Just outside of DC
Posts: 51
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S7 (out going), 2006 Porsche C4
Finally have a ship, Genuine Ace, and the car is on its way to Baltimore with an ETA of May 26th, so I would expect to pick up no later than early June. Much shorter wait than many, but still 4+ months from order when it's all done.
Sullicc4 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 12:25 PM
  #971  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Az
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'19 C63 Cardinal Red Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Seems like the sales guy didn't properly inform you. The HUD was limited availability from the start. It's in the order guide that way. My GM told me that the HUD is not a very popular option, so MB doesn't stock a lot of them. In the 2020 order guide, though, it's no longer limited availability so maybe the demand has picked up and MB is ramping up inventory. Your SA also dropped the ball verifying the build before it got locked. I'm guessing the factory dropped the option due to lack of inventory or didn't confirm the order with HUD in the first place.
Got the car yesterday and love it. It's so different than the 2016 C450 we had. The new gauge cluster is so much better with so many options. Still miss the HUD but I'll probably forget about it after a few drives without it. Window tint tomorrow.
bluebirdaz is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 02:33 PM
  #972  
Newbie
 
AMG Yatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Illinois North Suburbs
Posts: 9
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG C63S /
Originally Posted by Sullicc4 View Post
Finally have a ship, Genuine Ace, and the car is on its way to Baltimore with an ETA of May 26th, so I would expect to pick up no later than early June. Much shorter wait than many, but still 4+ months from order when it's all done.
Looks like our cars are riding together, just got word my car is on that ship. Would be About 7 months from order for me 🤬.

Last edited by AMG Yatz; 05-20-2019 at 02:36 PM.
AMG Yatz is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:57 PM
  #973  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG C63S Cabriolet
Mine is also on that ship! 11 month wait for me! I win?
senres is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 06:59 PM
  #974  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Just outside of DC
Posts: 51
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S7 (out going), 2006 Porsche C4
Originally Posted by senres View Post
Mine is also on that ship! 11 month wait for me! I win?

Myshiptracking.com to follow the boats progress they also have an app. Itís about half way now
Sullicc4 is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 02:05 AM
  #975  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
C63s Coupe
Selenite C63S

Took delivery of my 2019 C63S a few weeks ago. Wanted to share a few photos as I had made a few uncommon cosmetic choices on this one to get it the way I wanted it to look. Mainly:
  • Aero package without night package
  • However, the mirror caps and window trims are blacked out
  • Color is Selenite Grey Metallic (not Magno) wrapped in Xpel Stealth

Some thoughts: normally Iím a night package kind of person, but while playing around with the configurator online I found that I actually like the silver A-wing at the front and I and absolutely LOVE the chrome exhaust tips. I think these details give the car a nice contrast. However I couldnít stand the chrome around the windows so I took care of that after delivery.

As for the paint choice, I love the factory Magno Selenite but couldnít justify the cost of the paint premium since I was planning to matte-PPF the car anyway. The pragmatic side of me says the PPFíd look is plenty awesome, while offering the peace of mind of the paint protection.

Anyway hope this helps those of you who may be considering some of the same choices I went through. Cheers.






Bonus stylized photo

Last edited by phoenixblue; 05-22-2019 at 02:14 AM.
phoenixblue is offline  
The following 4 users liked this post by phoenixblue:
Arjy (05-22-2019), C63CScott (05-22-2019), Uga Uga (05-23-2019), Vader C63S (05-22-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: