Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At long last...

 
Old 04-08-2019, 04:50 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 342
Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
AT LONG LAST...

I am now on the list of delayed vehicles, as production still has not started after a week already...way to uphold great customer service, MBZ!

Assuming this is not out of the norm, but a little disconcerting that they haven't even started building the car yet and have no updates...seems like others have delays much later in the cycle (like finishing production, waiting for a ship, getting held up at port, etc.)

Is this normal, or is something awry?
Out of curiosity, what's the current status code of your order?
superswiss is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 04:53 PM
  #27  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Out of curiosity, what's the current status code of your order?
Z20 - 01/11/2019 - P.O. UPDATED
Z54 - 01/11/2019 - PRIORITY SET TO 1
Z47 - 01/11/2019 - SCI SET TO (C)LIENT
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 PM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 70
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 Audi S4 (C63 on order)
That sucks buddy. I was just thinking that my order was going to head south too and I got a text from my SA that the car has a VIN now. The question is...how much longer? I didn't bother asking because pretty much every estimate has been wrong so far and I don't want the buzz killed just yet.

Hang in there man.
boosteddub69 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 07:01 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 342
Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
Z20 - 01/11/2019 - P.O. UPDATED
Z54 - 01/11/2019 - PRIORITY SET TO 1
Z47 - 01/11/2019 - SCI SET TO (C)LIENT
Ok, looks like status for normal orders are a little different. Mine never went through Z47. Did your dealer tell you it was going in production? What's the planned decade for your build? FWIW, mine was planned for third week of January (19/03-1). It went to B00 on 1/15, but production wasn't completed until a month later on 2/18.
superswiss is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 07:03 PM
  #30  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Ok, looks like status for normal orders are a little different. Mine never went through Z47. Did your dealer tell you it was going in production? What's the planned decade for your build? FWIW, mine was planned for third week of January (19/03-1). It went to B00 on 1/15, but production wasn't completed until a month later on 2/18.
April 1st decade...according to my sales rep, it should have started sometime last week...I have regional AMG managers checking into it. still no response though...
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:48 AM
  #31  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
AMG are we playing catch up at the moment.
Chances are you may end up with a 2020 model.
Thats if your car is not yet built.
Hang in there. It will turn up.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:57 AM
  #32  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Just got a response this morning that my car is scheduled to begin production on 4/12 and end on 5/7...

Not sure whether this is good news or just blowing smoke...
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:58 AM
  #33  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
AMG are we playing catch up at the moment.
Chances are you may end up with a 2020 model.
Thats if your car is not yet built.
Hang in there. It will turn up.
oh man i hope not. did you get yours yet?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 12:37 PM
  #34  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
oh man i hope not. did you get yours yet?
Hi mate.

Arrived this afternoon


Last edited by Uga Uga; 04-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 12:39 PM
  #35  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Hi mate.

Arrived this afternoon

​​​​​​​
duuuude that magno graphite looks sick. love it. congrats!

send more pics. haha
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 12:41 PM
  #36  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 689
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Hi mate.

Arrived this afternoon
What a beauty! Congrats!
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
  #37  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Thanks guys. Itís going for ceramic coating then pictures will follow.
Itís a very different car. Emotion start is outrageous.

Particulate filter!!! All I will say is ďwhat particulate filterĒ

The exhaust sounds more aggressive in comfort than the
pre facelift I had. With mild pops to boot.

There is more to the the car than just a facelift in the way it drives

Interior ambiance makes the prefacelift feel ancient,
and thatís where you will spend most of your time.

Iím well happy I upgraded.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 04-10-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Uga Uga is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Uga Uga:
NYCSoiL (04-09-2019), superswiss (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:25 PM
  #38  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Thanks guys. Itís going for ceramic coating then pictures will follow.
Itís a very different car. Emotion start is outrageous.

Particulate filter!!! All I will say is what particulate filter.

The exhaust sounds more aggressive in comfort than the
pre facelift I had. With mild pops to boot.

There is more to the the car than just a facelift in the way it drives

Interior ambiance makes the prefacelift feel ancient,
and thatís where you will spend most of your time.

Iím well happy I upgraded.
I know you're in the UK, but please give any tips/pointers regarding the ceramic coating...i'm going to do the same but I wonder how much of a difference it would be if someone specialized in matte paints versus non-matte paints...

are you going PPF as well? why/why not?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 01:33 PM
  #39  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
I picked up mine from the detailer yesterday, I got the FEYNLAB Self Heal Lite and the car looks incredible. I'm a big fan. Drove home in a light rain and there was hardly any water on the car by the time I got it parked in the garage, it all beaded up and shed. Plus the self heal feature is awesome.

Note - I don't have the matte paint so my experience isn't the same as what Uga Uga will have.
bob_ham is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:35 PM
  #40  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Just outside of DC
Posts: 51
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S7 (out going), 2006 Porsche C4
Originally Posted by bob_ham View Post
I picked up mine from the detailer yesterday, I got the FEYNLAB Self Heal Lite and the car looks incredible. I'm a big fan. Drove home in a light rain and there was hardly any water on the car by the time I got it parked in the garage, it all beaded up and shed. Plus the self heal feature is awesome.

Note - I don't have the matte paint so my experience isn't the same as what Uga Uga will have.
If you don't show pictures, it didn't happen
Sullicc4 is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 01:53 PM
  #41  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
In the interest of not hijacking someone else's thread, you can check out the post-coat photos over here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post7727770
bob_ham is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 01:57 PM
  #42  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
I know you're in the UK, but please give any tips/pointers regarding the ceramic coating...i'm going to do the same but I wonder how much of a difference it would be if someone specialized in matte paints versus non-matte paints...

are you going PPF as well? why/why not?
I am going for kamikaze Zipang . Semi self healing ceramic. I will
not be using any PPF.


Last edited by Uga Uga; 04-09-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Uga Uga is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:00 PM
  #43  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
I am going for kamikaze Zipang . Semi self healing ceramic. I will
not be using any PPF.

So based on all the heated debates surrounding PPF/Non-PPF, what is your justification for not doing it?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:03 PM
  #44  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Donít see the need for it.
If I was going to go down that route I would have bought flat white and wrapped the entire car.
Semi self healing is good enough for me.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 04-09-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:06 PM
  #45  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Donít see the need for it.
If I was going to go down that route I would have bought flat white and wrapped the entire car.
Semi self healing is good enough for me.
I'm doing this "flat white" on my car...but you have flat grey...why would you wrap the white car and not the grey car when they're both flat paints? I'm not planning to PPF mine at all but just like hearing other perspectives on the subject...
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:07 PM
  #46  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Flat white is free Magno is £1800
so if you go for white the
£1800 goes towards the wrap.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:11 PM
  #47  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 206
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Flat white is free Magno is £1800
so if you go for white the
£1800 goes towards the wrap.
ohhhh oops. I thought "flat" was referring to magno white, which is what i'm getting. i get you now, you meant the polar white...also, unfortunately the magno cashmere white is a $4000 option...i wish it were $1800...
mrguitar is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:12 PM
  #48  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
I can throw my 2 cents in here because I almost got the Magno Grey. To PPF the car with a matte film was around $7,000USD. Plus the extra $2500ish for the Magno paint. I could have gotten the base paint color (white) and wrapped the whole car with a matte grey vinyl (or really any color) for under $4,000. So if I wanted to go the matte look it would have made sense to buy a plain white car, wrap it in whatever color I wanted, and 10 years later do it again, and still have saved money in the long run. The PPF is crazy expensive.
bob_ham is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by bob_ham:
mrguitar (04-09-2019), Uga Uga (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:17 PM
  #49  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 640
Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Speaking of "emotion start" anyone know if this is available on 2017 models?
raudiace4 is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:38 PM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 342
Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by raudiace4
Speaking of "emotion start" anyone know if this is available on 2017 models?
Nope. You can put it in S+ before starting to get something similar, at least at cold start. Emotion start essentially triggers a cold start at any time with exhaust valves open.
superswiss is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: At long last...


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: