Sponsored by:

At long last...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Gorgeous car!

Congrats to all of you. The wait sounds unbearable!

Originally Posted by DonC63

Old 04-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
unbearable is too mild of a word!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:47 PM

c63s
I have officially joined the delayed production list...HURRAY.

My SA said this morning that the Magno paint has delayed my production another 7-10 days from today (and not from the original 4/1 start date)...ridiculous. Like what have they been doing since 4/1? Sheeeeesh. These build dates apparently don't mean much...they're just rough timeframes...

Hope EVERYONE ELSE is enjoying their new cars!
Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Hang in there. It wouldn’t be long.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-15-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 02:10 PM

c63s
Oh. Em. Gee.

I have now joined the AMG delay club...

The latest update is that they are having trouble securing my carbon fiber rear spoiler so now my build date is being pushed to May...UGHGHGHGHGH

First delay, the magno paint, second the spoiler...what's next? Can't find a wheel nut?

This is really frustrating. I mean, why even give us dates at all? Just say 1st quarter, or sometime in 2019? I guess I'm not going to get it now until June-ish at the earliest.

Who else has a car being produced right now that is going through this? Let's start a support group. LOL
Old 04-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by mrguitar
Oh. Em. Gee.

The latest update is that they are having trouble securing my carbon fiber rear spoiler so now my build date is being pushed to May...UGHGHGHGHGH

First delay, the magno paint, second the spoiler...what's next? Can't find a wheel nut?

This is really frustrating. I mean, why even give us dates at all? Just say 1st quarter, or sometime in 2019? I guess I'm not going to get it now until June-ish at the earliest.

Who else has a car being produced right now that is going through this? Let's start a support group. LOL
Damn sorry to hear that dude. That honestly is ridiculous. Have you thought about just waiting 2-3 more months to get the 2020? Reason is, you're taking such a depreciation hit with a 2019. ~$10K. I'd be demanding a huge discount at least
Old 04-25-2019, 02:18 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Xec
Damn sorry to hear that dude. That honestly is ridiculous. Have you thought about just waiting 2-3 more months to get the 2020? Reason is, you're taking such a depreciation hit with a 2019. ~$10K. I'd be demanding a huge discount at least
That is a good point. I didn't think of that...I'm already getting a pretty ridonkulous discount, but maybe I should ask for more? haha.

How soon would the 2020 take to receive though? Wouldn't the earliest be like in December-ish?

Also, I should mention, this is a lease...
Old 04-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
That is a good point. I didn't think of that...I'm already getting a pretty ridonkulous discount, but maybe I should ask for more? haha.

How soon would the 2020 take to receive though? Wouldn't the earliest be like in December-ish?

Also, I should mention, this is a lease...
Oh, a lease shouldn't be too bad then. Doesn't hurt to make your complaints heard though.

You're also probably right with the 2020 delivery date. Based on how well (poorly) they're meeting deadlines, we'll see them next January
mrguitar (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,673 Likes on 2,453 Posts
2019 C63CS
Oh. Em. Gee.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast with just-in-time production. There is no inventory, so any disruption in the supply chain for any reason will delay the main production and these things are hard to plan for and predict. They warn all over that there can be delays in production. For example with European Delivery, they'll tell you if there are production delays they'll give a loaner car for up to two weeks. It's all a bit of a gamble I suppose and probably a big reason most here in the USA buy off the lot. Instant gratification and all. It'll be all forgotten once you are blasting down your favorite road
Old 04-25-2019, 04:12 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast with just-in-time production. There is no inventory, so any disruption in the supply chain for any reason will delay the main production and these things are hard to plan for and predict. They warn all over that there can be delays in production. For example with European Delivery, they'll tell you if there are production delays they'll give a loaner car for up to two weeks. It's all a bit of a gamble I suppose and probably a big reason most here in the USA buy off the lot. Instant gratification and all. It'll be all forgotten once you are blasting down your favorite road
Hmmm...as a first time MBZ customer, all of my ordering experience has been over the phone/internet. I was never warned "all over the place" that there would be delays (although, a prudent person would surmise such by the many experiences on this forum). Either way, the communication sucks raw eggs and that is what is disappointing. Mercedes just kind of expects you to cater to their every whim as far as production schedules and delays go, without explanation nor any accountability. I suppose other manufacturers have the same issues...ho hum, 1st world problems...but I will still continue to complain here. LOL.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
If you have it on order and its getting produced soon I would NOT wait for a 2020.. No one has any idea when it will be released. My car just came in yesterday 7 and a half months after i ordered it. If you wanna wait that's up to you but I wouldn't trust anyone saying production is starting in june and that they are going to release them right away or in sept/oct.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:28 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by purplewidow
If you have it on order and its getting produced soon I would NOT wait for a 2020.. No one has any idea when it will be released. My car just came in yesterday 7 and a half months after i ordered it. If you wanna wait that's up to you but I wouldn't trust anyone saying production is starting in june and that they are going to release them right away or in sept/oct.
Yeah that's what I figure as well...if they're lying to me about availability now, they're going to lie about availability later.

Looks like I'm right there with you, coming up on 7 months in June. SUCKS. haha
Old 04-25-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Yeah he worst part was that wait.. I wouldn’t care if I had to wait 3 more weeks now that the car is here. For me it was the mystery when it would actually show up at the dealer that was killing me inside. I feel relieved now to say the least. I seriously drooled over the spec when I saw it. It was definitely worth the wait!!!
Old 04-25-2019, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Hmmm...as a first time MBZ customer, all of my ordering experience has been over the phone/internet. I was never warned "all over the place" that there would be delays (although, a prudent person would surmise such by the many experiences on this forum). Either way, the communication sucks raw eggs and that is what is disappointing. Mercedes just kind of expects you to cater to their every whim as far as production schedules and delays go, without explanation nor any accountability. I suppose other manufacturers have the same issues...ho hum, 1st world problems...but I will still continue to complain here. LOL.
Yeah, it's not much different with other manufactures. Some offer an order tracking website such as BMW, and Audi for the new e-tron, but they don't really give you all that much information beyond the current status and projected dates. If there are delays, you still have to call them up if you want an explanation. In other markets I believe MB has a tracking website, too, but for some reason other than BMW none have invested into something like that for the US market. I'm guessing that's because percentage-wise few do custom orders and the vast majority buys from inventory. Seems like with the new EVs they are all following Tesla's model, though, where the process starts with a reservation and then you can track the order. You are right, sales associates don't necessarily inform you about the potential of production delays. I guess they don't want to scare anybody off. I've been custom ordering cars for a while, so I'm aware of the possibility of production delays, but it actually has never happened to me so far and even my MB order has been as planned. This one and my previous order were both European Deliveries, though, and I'm guessing they have a higher priority given that the delivery date gets set early in the process and they plan backwards to make sure the car is ready by the delivery date.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:13 PM

c63s
Yeah, it's not much different with other manufactures. Some offer an order tracking website such as BMW, and Audi for the new e-tron, but they don't really give you all that much information beyond the current status and projected dates. If there are delays, you still have to call them up if you want an explanation. In other markets I believe MB has a tracking website, too, but for some reason other than BMW none have invested into something like that for the US market. I'm guessing that's because percentage-wise few do custom orders and the vast majority buys from inventory. Seems like with the new EVs they are all following Tesla's model, though, where the process starts with a reservation and then you can track the order. You are right, sales associates don't necessarily inform you about the potential of production delays. I guess they don't want to scare anybody off. I've been custom ordering cars for a while, so I'm aware of the possibility of production delays, but it actually has never happened to me so far and even my MB order has been as planned. This one and my previous order were both European Deliveries, though, and I'm guessing they have a higher priority given that the delivery date gets set early in the process and they plan backwards to make sure the car is ready by the delivery date.
Yeah I almost did euro delivery as well. In the end, I had a lame (but valid) reason not to...I didn't want the front license plate frame installed. LOL. Actually, that and the fact that I got a much better discount buying from the US, and that on top of all the travel costs/complications (although, I would love to visit Germany bc I've never been). Maybe I made a mistaken though...haha
Old 04-26-2019, 05:14 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by purplewidow
Yeah he worst part was that wait.. I wouldn’t care if I had to wait 3 more weeks now that the car is here. For me it was the mystery when it would actually show up at the dealer that was killing me inside. I feel relieved now to say the least. I seriously drooled over the spec when I saw it. It was definitely worth the wait!!!
exactly! as GI Joe used to say, "knowing is half the battle!"
Old 04-28-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 c63

Last edited by NJ 1161; 04-28-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:07 PM

2018 c63
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi mate.

Arrived this afternoon
looks lovely. Any More pics?

Looking forward to seeing OPs car also.
Shazbot302 (06-26-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 11:44 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by NJ 1161

NJ 1161, I'm also looking forward to seeing my car someday! When that will be is anyone's guess! The wait is just getting ridiculous.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:40 PM

2018 c63
NJ 1161, I'm also looking forward to seeing my car someday! When that will be is anyone's guess! The wait is just getting ridiculous.
Gutted for you. Hopefully won’t be too long. The 2019s do look great with the body enhancements and very jealous of the interior upgrades.
mrguitar (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 05:12 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by NJ 1161

Thank you. Will post some more soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Uga Uga:
mrguitar (04-30-2019), Shazbot302 (06-26-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 01:57 PM

c63s
So, today is May 16th, and was *supposedly* the rescheduled date that production would FINALLY begin on my car. As of today, I'm being told they are still having problems sourcing the Carbon Fiber parts. WTH?!?! I haven't even heard anyone else on this forum having any issues with CF? I only got the Package 2, which are the side mirrors and rear spoiler...?! So frustrating.

Man, this original post was supposed to be a positive, upbeat one highlighting my build process through it's production lifecycle, but unfortunately has become a ridiculous rant of sorts over the past weeks.

This car better be worth it the amount of time and frustration I've had to sacrifice. LOL. I know I've joined the ranks of many others waiting on their vehicles...
Old 05-16-2019, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
So, today is May 16th, and was *supposedly* the rescheduled date that production would FINALLY begin on my car. As of today, I'm being told they are still having problems sourcing the Carbon Fiber parts. WTH?!?! I haven't even heard anyone else on this forum having any issues with CF? I only got the Package 2, which are the side mirrors and rear spoiler...?! So frustrating.

Man, this original post was supposed to be a positive, upbeat one highlighting my build process through it's production lifecycle, but unfortunately has become a ridiculous rant of sorts over the past weeks.

This car better be worth it the amount of time and frustration I've had to sacrifice. LOL. I know I've joined the ranks of many others waiting on their vehicles...
Sorry about your delay. I'm pretty sure all the builds so far with carbon also had the aero package, so different rear spoiler. Sounds like they don't have the standard carbon spoiler available.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:13 PM

c63s
Sorry about your delay. I'm pretty sure all the builds so far with carbon also had the aero package, so different rear spoiler. Sounds like they don't have the standard carbon spoiler available.
If so, then I'll happily take the aero CF spoiler! LOL. I wanted the aero package from the beginning, but alas, it's not made for the cabrio...btw, this is even if this information is correct. The last update at the beginning of the month was that the magno paint was creating the delays. That's what's so frustrating...they can't even get their facts straight!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 AM

c63s
So, the current "official' update from the AMG Product Manager (in Stuttgart) is that the carbon fiber spoiler in the CF Package 2 is indeed holding up production...?!?!?! He says the supplier cannot deliver the quality "they need and want" so the car continues to be postponed, week after week.

It's definitely more validating hearing real news from a real source, but it's still incredibly frustrating...i mean, can't they build the rest of the car and just put on the spoiler later!?! SHEEEEESH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: At long last...