Fitment help 20 inch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s
Fitment help 20 inch

Hi guys.
I know this subject has been mentioned a thousand times over.
I have a c63s w205 2015 sedan/saloon
im looking at buying the 20 inch ferrada fr2
speaking to someone they have given me 2 options.

Set 1- 20x9 et 35 front 20x10 et 45 rear
With 5-8 mm spacers

Set 2 -20x9 et 23 front 20x10.5 et 38 rear
no spacers needed but will poke out 5-8mm

im looking for max concavity/aggressive look.
but want no rubbing.
so was thinking maybe a lil stretch on the tyres on set 2 to avoid this?

can someone help me with what I might really expect if I go for set up 2? Or even if it will be a noticeable poke? Camber adjustments?

im

currently on stock suspension and height.
if it’s to much hassle I’m just going to settle for set 1. But really want a aggressive concave look

thanks in advance!

Old 06-18-2021, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Neither set fits properly. Set 2 is a simply wrong. Set 1 front is fine w/o spacers, Set 1 in rear even without spacers pokes a little too much and would look awkward even if you use stretched tires to make it not rub. Spacers make it worse not better. Whoever gave you that advice .....

I don't remember if you can custom spec Ferrada's but look to get +55 on 10" rim in rear.

Here is my spec to compare

20x9.5+35 - 265/35
20x10.5+57 - 285/35

Stretch is not a great look on our cars and for sure not beneficial for handling/cornering.

PS: Due to high offsets on our wheels you will not get much concavity, period.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:42 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by tobeit
Neither set fits properly. Set 2 is a simply wrong. Set 1 front is fine w/o spacers, Set 1 in rear even without spacers pokes a little too much and would look awkward even if you use stretched tires to make it not rub. Spacers make it worse not better. Whoever gave you that advice .....

I don't remember if you can custom spec Ferrada's but look to get +55 on 10" rim in rear.

Here is my spec to compare

20x9.5+35 - 265/35
20x10.5+57 - 285/35

Stretch is not a great look on our cars and for sure not beneficial for handling/cornering.

PS: Due to high offsets on our wheels you will not get much concavity, period.

this is probably the most depressing thing for me as I don’t understand offsets etc and I’ve finally found alloys that I like and I can’t get the figments right! And I don’t think Ferrada do custom spec either I’ve been emailing everyone for the last 4 weeks and everyone has given me different fitments.
I really don’t know what to do as it is a lot of money if it turns out wrong! Shame we don’t have a place in the UK that does test fitting either!!

Long shot but from your knowledge what offsets would be the best for our cars that Ferrada offer?

also Yu got a pic of your wheels :p
Old 06-18-2021, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by OsmanR
this is probably the most depressing thing for me as I don’t understand offsets etc and I’ve finally found alloys that I like and I can’t get the figments right! And I don’t think Ferrada do custom spec either I’ve been emailing everyone for the last 4 weeks and everyone has given me different fitments.
I really don’t know what to do as it is a lot of money if it turns out wrong! Shame we don’t have a place in the UK that does test fitting either!!

Long shot but from your knowledge what offsets would be the best for our cars that Ferrada offer?

I just checked on Ferrada webpage. They do custom spec but not on FR2. They also don’t list offset for their wheels and you have to call them. That is tedious as wrong offset causes wrong fitment.

look here and punch my spec in as reference and play around with the wheel spec you see an you get a feel for it.

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

important to add the proper tire spec as tires rub on your fender or suspension (assuming no extreme stretch) and not the rims. I recommend you don’t want to poke more out on fender than the spec I listed above (maybe another 1-2mm is fine but not more).

If not Ferrada than there at a plenty of companies who offer custom spec and are priced reasonable. I use BC forged and opted for 2-piece design. The single piece can be had for cheaper, more like FR2. HRE flow forged are also a good choice and you can get some good deals. Than look at Titan7. I just picked up a pair of Titan7- T-S5. Single piece forged and very lightweight all considered. I am pretty impressed with them. First time I have them (different car). Or hit up some of the vendors here and they can help you pick a set that fits too and have other brands like Vossen, Blackdiamond etc).

The following users liked this post:
OsmanR (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 11:26 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG

any reputable custom wheel manufacture will work with you to get the correct specs for your application. They will also guarantee that what you buy will work for car and will make it right if what they send doesn’t.

I’ve run forgestar’s and adv.1’s on my vehicles for the past 15 years. HRE is also another reputable brand to look into.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:54 PM

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
Like tobiet I just put a set of BC Forged on after months of searching. We talked stance more than anything and they ran with it. The offsets came out perfect IMO. Like everyone here is saying primarily the better companies know what they're doing and will get you right.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:35 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by boosted20v
Like tobiet I just put a set of BC Forged on after months of searching. We talked stance more than anything and they ran with it. The offsets came out perfect IMO. Like everyone here is saying primarily the better companies know what they're doing and will get you right.

what offsets did you mange to get? Pics
Old 06-21-2021, 10:05 AM

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
what offsets did you mange to get? Pics
20 front 50 rear but it's coupe/convertible offsets, I have a thread on here of them I posted a couple days ago.